Disgusted with elementalist patch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Guardian Judge’s Intervention = Teleport and still a stun breaker. 1200 range. Applies burning. kitten cd. (can be reduce with a 10 point trait to 36s).
Mesmer’s Blink = Teleport and still a stub breaker. 1200 range with trait. Doesn’t put you in combat. 30s cd. (can be reduce to 24s with a 10 point trait.)
If you’re going to take stun break off of Lightning Flash, take it off those. 900 range, and cures a condition with trait, and/or vigor/regen with trait. Both of these traits lock you into a bunker build. 40s cd. (can be reduce to 32s via a 20 point trait, which a lot don’t take unless they’re running 30 water, because we lose regen/vigor and/or a cleanse. Bunker is commonly either 20-30 water. Some might even do 10-15 water).

I personally (with 20 water) usually take regen/vigor over reduced cantrip timers, because the timer is not a big difference. You might think you get more cantrips used this way, but more dodge and healing is far better. I run dodge from this, from 20 point trait in arcana, and energy on weapon sigil, so that I can get the most out of evasive arcana. It’s when you start getting CC spammed by necro that you start to hate your life. And the 8+s of immobilize that prevents all dodging. If your cantrips are down, and you lack ether renewal, you’re boned. You can maybe remove it while attuning to water. This is the time when you’re being chased by a zerg and die. This is why 20 in earth is so great over 30 water, because you can summon fiery greatsword while switching to earth for stability on earth attunement, and sail away. Hopefully not getting boon stripped and immobilized again in the process. Also, with the might stacking we can put out in d/d, it boosts the condition damage we get from having 20 earth. I use celestial trinkets which boosts it again. It’s hard to guage if I do more damage with 10 in air, because I’m running knights with heal on crit food. My main goal is I want to roam and win 1v1s/ clear camps easily/ out-pace group vs me. This is not asking too much, because obviously we, and other classes do this already. This class is about making choices based on survivability vs most classes, and right now that is cleanse first, stability second, mobility third.

P.S. It’s very disrespectful when you don’t play the class this forum is designated to, and come in here and tell people to “stop crying”. If you review several of the last patches you will see the devs have continually made changes to pretty conjury weapons, and not addressed anything the players were talking about. One with Air is a joke of a talent. It does absolutely nothing.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

Against warrior: Your mobility skill on daggers is just as good as a warriors, so stop whining about warrior mobility.

You’re kidding, right?
Because it’s not possible that this statement is serious, ever….

As sad as that is i think he really believes what he posted.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Against warrior: Your mobility skill on daggers is just as good as a warriors, so stop whining about warrior mobility.

You’re kidding, right?

As sad as that is i think he really believes what he posted.

Yeah, that’s really sad, I have the same feeling.
Ppl should try it for themselves first, then post on the forums. The ignorance/lack of knowledge is tremendous here….

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

1. Nope no new builds, still more or less required to go 20+ arcane, and 20+ water.
2. Nope Staff feels weaker, not strong even for support. And the aoe nerf doesn’t make it any better.

Over all we didn’t get much out of this patch, not really a nerf or buff (if you don’t count aoe nerf). I think what is aggravating people is that compared to many other classes that got lots of buff we got nothing, other then conjure which 90% of us have been screaming for months that we DON’T want.

“More or less required to go 20+ in arcana and 20+ in water” …. what’s this guy smoking? lol. You don’t go 20 in arcana for the PvE meta or for glass ele in PvP – unless you want perma vigor via 10 arcana, you don’t go into that trait line at all.

Almost everyone so far in this thread has been referring to how to update effected WvW, but PvE is really unaffected. This MasterMC guy said that the only buff we got was conjure, but that was negligible – increased radius from 90 to 120 on ice bow 4 (which doesn’t seem to make any noticeable difference), a few changes to flame axe (which nobody used before or after this update), and a buff to earth shield that few people use, and only in PvP/WvW. Most importantly, though, is what conjure didn’t get fixed: fiery rush. I’m glad to say it’s as OP as ever.

So changes for PvE? … None. Which I’m perfectly happy with. And most other ele’s should be happy with too – if you’re feeling down in WvW, start a dungeon tour, pick up that hammer, and be in awe of all those big numbers. =D

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

You’re kidding, right?

Warriors main mobility skills are #5 and #3 on GS, right?

GS #5 dash distance is just as long as elementalist dagger air #4.

And #3 dash distance is slightly better than dagger fire #3.

And warriors dont have any teleportation skills. Eles do.

Or are you talking about other warrior mobility skills?

GS 5: 20 sec cd
Dagger air 4: 40 sec cd
GS 3: 10 sec cd
Dagger fire 3: 15 sec cd (though I’m fine with this as I feel this is a better skill anyway)
Ele utility teleport: Lighting flash 40 sec does dmg
Warrior utility teleport: Bull’s Rush 40 sec does a knockdown for 2 secs

You are also forgetting about warrior sword #2 on an 8 sec cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

You’re kidding, right?

GS 5: 20 sec cd
Dagger air 4: 40 sec cd
GS 3: 10 sec cd
Dagger fire 3: 15 sec cd (though I’m fine with this as I feel this is a better skill anyway)
Ele utility teleport: Lighting flash 40 sec does dmg
Warrior utility teleport: Bull’s Rush 40 sec does a knockdown for 2 secs

You are also forgetting about warrior sword #2 on an 8 sec cooldown.

Thanks for clarifying for me, I somehow don’t have the energy to respond to such ppl like the Youkay is, you know what I mean.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

RTL cool down needs to be restored to its previous state..

Are the devs going to do that?

Absolutely not.

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

RTL cool down needs to be restored to its previous state..

Are the devs going to do that?

Absolutely not.

why would they? it not like they only play warriors and have no fundamental knowledge of the elementalist yet a lone the professions, oh wait.

Thanks to their whole let’s shave method of balancing nothing is going to change.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

You’re kidding, right?

I play both warrior and ele in WvW. Do you even play both? because you can’t be serious..

For some reason, GS #5 travels longer than dagger air #4. I don’t know if it’s because it’s buggy or what but GS#5 always gets me further than my dagger air #4. Now, comparing cooldowns? You have no argument here.

Dagger fire #3 is absolute crap in terms of distance traveled. Doesn’t even come close to GS #3 whirlwind attack. Not to mention switching between air to fire invokes attunement cooldown, which warriors don’t ever have to worry about.

If you’re invoking ele’s utility skills, like teleport, then you also have to invoke warrior’s utility skills, like bulls charge and banners.

If ele is using dagger, that’s all he has in terms of weapon, unless he’s out of combat. Warriors? they can switch between 2 weapon sets, and their 1h sword #2 also has a big leap.

Nobody comes even close to warriors in terms of mobility. Maybe thieves, which I also play. Elementalists? Not even close.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Against necro: use a build that doesn’t prioritise boons. Have a lot of condi cleanse skills on the expense of others.
Against thieves: LOL, permastealth. Thieves dont have permastealth. But how to win: use AoE attacks and deny stealth by avoiding Cloak and Dagger.

So you want to go back in time to when D/D ele was dominating everything with ease and no other profession stood a chance. I can’t take you seriously. You are just crying.

You lost all credibility when you imply that an Ele can carry enough condi clears to stay ahead of a Necro. There’s a reason why conditions are meta. You lost more credibility when you claimed Thieves don’t have perma-stealth, its actually quite easy to do and maintain. And you lost even MORE (probably the most) credibility when you claim that mobility skills for Ele are just as good as Warriors, when its been empirically shown over the last several months that multiple professions such as Warriors, Rangers and Thieves all have much better mobility options with much shorter cooldowns.

Finally, you put the nail in the coffin of credibility when you claimed the “history” of the Ele dominating everything with ease, which clearly means you were one of those who saw daphoenix’s videos and inferred the obvious wrong conclusion that bunker D/D was killing everything in sight. As was shown, time and again, D/D bunkers could survive and reset at their whim sure, but to actually kill anyone was extremely difficult, and much more so now. The problem became a vocal set of whiners complaining that Eles were too hard to kill, not that Eles were slaughtering all other professions in droves. The two are not equal.

Now, given the above, why should anyone take your arguments seriously?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

over 5k views, devs still don’t acknowledge their is a problem

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gabriel.6957

Gabriel.6957

Roaming as a wvw ele is really frustrating…

Can someone link me Anet’s statement on “paring down conditions”?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

Gabriel.6957,
no. That will fuel the eternal fire here in the Ele thread.

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I play both warrior and ele in WvW. Do you even play both? because you can’t be serious..

For some reason, GS #5 travels longer than dagger air #4. I don’t know if it’s because it’s buggy or what but GS#5 always gets me further than my dagger air #4. Now, comparing cooldowns? You have no argument here.

Dagger fire #3 is absolute crap in terms of distance traveled. Doesn’t even come close to GS #3 whirlwind attack. Not to mention switching between air to fire invokes attunement cooldown, which warriors don’t ever have to worry about.

If you’re invoking ele’s utility skills, like teleport, then you also have to invoke warrior’s utility skills, like bulls charge and banners.

If ele is using dagger, that’s all he has in terms of weapon, unless he’s out of combat. Warriors? they can switch between 2 weapon sets, and their 1h sword #2 also has a big leap.

Nobody comes even close to warriors in terms of mobility. Maybe thieves, which I also play. Elementalists? Not even close.

Rush and Whirlwind gets your further because of swiftness. People that complained that movement impairing conditions didn’t work on RtL forgot that neither did swiftness.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

P.S. It’s very disrespectful when you don’t play the class this forum is designated to, and come in here and tell people to “stop crying”. If you review several of the last patches you will see the devs have continually made changes to pretty conjury weapons, and not addressed anything the players were talking about. One with Air is a joke of a talent. It does absolutely nothing.

This absolutely the best thing anyone has ever said. I love and play my ele as my main in every aspect of gw2. Aside from my fotm guardian who I only use for fotm.

I don’t go Into other professions forums and scream and kitten and tell them to stop kittening. I only care about my ele and improvements/bug fixes/etc that we as the eles of gw2 can come together to discuss as adults and not get Into a flame war and qq feast.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

ok it’s been a week and all i can say is
what “elementalist” patch ?

It’s the patch that buffed the persisting flame duration of burning speed trail’s fire field to 6 seconds instead of 5. This enables a D/F elem to swap to air between the fire field application and its blasting in earth or water. In turn this allows us to proc fury, proc electric discharge, better proc sigil of batlle, and bypass attunement swapping cooldown via fresh air. Therefore this patch gave me a considerable boost in damage.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

It’s also the patch that buffed the glyphs , allowed for faster and better use of conjures, and it is the patch that buffed staff’s fire damage to the sky.

However it is not the patch fixing lingering elements despite this trait being bugged since release and having an enormous fun/diversity/cool potential.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter