Do we have a Dev?

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

I was wondering if there is a Dev who watches over Elementalists, kind of like a god of Elementalists, with little priests of Elementalists running around. j/k No, really, I went looking at thread Dev Tracker to see what Devs had to say. They are very active with bugs and peoples computer issues, which is great, but I didn’t see activity in the profession forums.

I don’t know what I would expect one to say, so I guess I am not expecting anything. Maybe there is something in my genes that urges me as I stand at the edge of a canyon to yell, “hello”.

If you are listening, great job with our professsion. Having lots of fun. Glad I bought the game. Looking forward to more to come. Tyvm.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stentorian Goat.7241

Stentorian Goat.7241

It seems the dev’s mostly stay off the profession forums. This wasn’t so much the case right after release, but I can’t blame them for changing. Essentially when they poked their heads out on profession pages, everybody went into the topics with guns blazing on “omg, my profession needs major buffs naow! You’re terrible for not doing this!”

The only one I’ve seen recently is Rob over on the ranger forum. Even then, he’s told us that he isn’t over rangers in development; he just visits, listens, and discusses with us because he also plays a ranger :P

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: gandlethorpe.2641

gandlethorpe.2641

Considering how many unusable traits we have, probably not.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

We’re the only class with at least 3 useful utilities and the rest are aweful.

We’re the only class where all our elites are terrible.

The devs spend more time nerfing and taking things away then adding and modifying. Probably because it’s quicker and cheaper. Designing a new ability and balancing it requires a lot of testing; which Arena net doesn’t like to do.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I know for a fact from the recent IGN interview that much of their resources have gone to services and away from development. That may be the reason why we’re seeing fewer dev posts here.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Designing a new ability and balancing it requires a lot of testing; which Arena net doesn’t like to do.

1. MH Dagger’s Earth #3;

2. Frost Aura and Fire Shield, to a lesser extent;

Why would the devs bother to reply in a forum where the majority of posts are full of hyberbole and people acting like victims?

This is most of what is said in the profession forums: “The profession I play is so much worse than all other 7 professions, please, fix it first!”

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Entragian.2057

Entragian.2057

Indeed, im probly a little more forgiving than most people as ive seen the worst of times in every popular and not so popular mmo in the last 15 years. Ive been forced to forgive infinitly worse.

Fact is anet have given us a superbly balanced, feature rich, incredibly fun and beautiful piece of software. And theres no monthly sub. Sometimes i have to stop and think how great that is.

Im lucky to be getting any updates at all. And im lucky to be part of it.

Thanks devs!

(Imo)

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

The devs spend more time nerfing and taking things away then adding and modifying. Probably because it’s quicker and cheaper. Designing a new ability and balancing it requires a lot of testing; which Arena net doesn’t like to do.

Not really, a good number of utilities are very useful compared to those of the necro or say warrior. As for elites, our tornado is very useful against classes with little cc protection. Just not against guardians.. Don’t use it against guardians please…

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Not really, a good number of utilities are very useful compared to those of the necro or say warrior. As for elites, our tornado is very useful against classes with little cc protection. Just not against guardians.. Don’t use it against guardians please…

Tornado is bad and nearly useless, at least most other Professions have one or two useful elites… Eles have zero. Warrior utilities are far superior than most Elementalist utilities in lots of different situations (banners/shouts beat anything the Eles have as party support).

Oh right you are talking only about PVP here… apparently it’s the only game mode that needs “Dev attention”.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Tornado is bad and nearly useless, at least most other Professions have one or two useful elites… Eles have zero. Warrior utilities are far superior than most Elementalist utilities in lots of different situations (banners/shouts beat anything the Eles have as party support).

Oh right you are talking only about PVP here… apparently it’s the only game mode that needs “Dev attention”.

The best Ele utilities are based around self-preservation. Eles have support built into their weapons that balances them out a bit.

Tornado makes turns you into a big target. Useful when you want to get yourself killed in PvP.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

The best Ele utilities are based around self-preservation. Eles have support built into their weapons that balances them out a bit.

Tornado makes turns you into a big target. Useful when you want to get yourself killed in PvP.

Try playing in a team sometime, or capping pts in tpvp against classes with no stability.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

Try playing in a team sometime, or capping pts in tpvp against classes with no stability.

Funny, teams usually carry some sort of stability, unless you’re a thief or ranged. Have you tried using tornado capping a point when enemies attacking the node pop stability? Might as well stand there and do nothing because that’s how useful tornado is in pvp.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

It seems the dev’s mostly stay off the profession forums. This wasn’t so much the case right after release, but I can’t blame them for changing. Essentially when they poked their heads out on profession pages, everybody went into the topics with guns blazing on “omg, my profession needs major buffs naow! You’re terrible for not doing this!”

The only one I’ve seen recently is Rob over on the ranger forum. Even then, he’s told us that he isn’t over rangers in development; he just visits, listens, and discusses with us because he also plays a ranger :P

If this is the case, we are shooting ourselves in the foot. The devs don’t need to hear the same qq they can read in any other thread in the forums. They are well aware of the gripes. They can be of great assistance to us in many ways. If they get badgered entering the forums though, if I was them I would stay out too.

I for one would like to see some math or guidance on condtion damage vs. direct damage including a discussion of armor and boss elites as a variable (do they have condition resistance?) and vitality vs. toughness to mitagate incoming damage.

I can definately see many in these forums don’t have the ability to be polite in adult company. What was a thread about devs has somewhat already devolved into moaning about our traits.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Considering I had to back 14 pages to find a topic with a dev comment, and 17 pages to find a dev comment that was in a post that was not closed or moved. I’d say no, there is no dev for Ele’s and no dev’s monitoring these forums regularly.

It’s rather silly when the only dev’s commenting in the class forums is a dev who works on dungeons (Robert Hrouda in the Ranger forums).

ANet needs far better communication with their playerbase in my opinion. Beyond that the outstanding bugs in each of the class threads are ridiculous. For delaying expansion and large world content to work on the core of the game, the core must have been a lot more rotten than we all thought with these bugs going untouched.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I’m just gonna borrow this from the Engineer forum.

I haven’t played in 2 weeks. I will get around to updating the post at some point. See this thread for why it doesn’t matter.

Hint: The answer is not really, try your luck on a forum section they actually read~

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I don t think that they are doing well and they know what they are doing…

PvE is clearly the proof they don t really look at balance, they prefer calm down complaints rather working on balance.

If a dev played ele in PvE, expecially D/D they wouldn t never nerf anything in pve…..
They’d rather buff.

How often you get oneshot because you get hit during a skill animation (fire 4, air4, earth 3 etc etc)?
How often the lack of weapon swap makes you uselsess?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

If a dev played ele in PvE, expecially D/D they wouldn t never nerf anything in pve…..
They’d rather buff.

D/D Eles are imba in PVP/WvW so they can’t buff them.

/goes and laughs about Anet’s idea of “Balance”

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

D/D eles are not imba and needs a buff. Oh, you meant a bunker? I meant a glass cannon.

See how you can misinterpret things, if you mention the weapon set only?

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

They’d rather buff.

D/D Eles are imba in PVP/WvW so they can’t buff them.

/goes and laughs about Anet’s idea of “Balance”

nice try but D/D ele is bad at www unless you are tier 8.

I read 4 out of 5 posts here you just ask D/D ele nerfs….that paired with your reasons to PvE status tells a lot on your concept of balance…..

Show me how D/D is imba in www….a game that is almost all of zerg and sieges with a build that is horribad in zergs and in sieges.

You possibly want to see what’ s going recently with mesmer/necro fields…..

Only thing really imba from eles in www is focus 4.

As said what really happens in www:

-sieges (offense)
You can stack might aoe for rams (guardians do it better) and just wait for door to go down…..because D/D are useless due to range

or you may want to equip your focus and be lame……

-open field combat (zerg)
You need careful positioning to avoid mesmer/necro fields…..or you just die.
That prevents D/D playstyle completely

-open field small skirmishes
This D/D is GOOD not op…..his main damage skill is easily reactable…and recent nerfs to offense/RTL are nticeable….you cannot kill any bunker (even with a balanced or GC build).

Best thing is just Killing low health siege machines….

-supply
You run a lot….

-siege (defense)
Just equip your staff already…
If there is any remotely competent mesmer/guardian/necro you won t be able to do anything with D/D…..not a single attack.

-scouting
you may prefer a thief……

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Do we have a Dev?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

There are 2 devs working on class balance atm.
And they both play warriors