Does Windborn dagger not work?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Armithir.5429

Armithir.5429

Tl:dr Windborn dagger doesn’t seem to be providing any speed boost (or at least this speed boost is no applied in the heart of the mists between the two portals)

I didn’t see another post on this so I figured I would post here.
While testing to determine what speed buffs stacked in the new patch I measured the following speeds. (All speeds are averaged, N=2, and normalized where the duration to travel from point A to B is equal to 1)

1.00 No sig
0.93 5 Points in Air
0.82 Signet of Air
0.82 Signet of Air + Windborn double dagger + Air 5 + One with air
0.81 Signet of Air + Windborn double dagger + Air 5 + One with air
0.93 5 Air + Windborn off dagger
0.92 5 Air + Windborn Main Dagger
0.99 Winborn Double Dagger

This data shows that three things:
1: It appears that Windborn dagger doesn’t work
2: It appears that no movement bonus stack after the patch (As I believe was true before)
3: One with the wind isn’t effective until you’ve been attuned with air for 30 seconds.

Can anyone else confirm this data or could someone tell me what I’m doing wrong when collecting it?

Thank you,
Armithir, Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

It only works in combat. ALL of our “+x%” movement speed traits are useless because we have apt access to swiftness or can simply use signet of air.

in Elementalist

Posted by: stikxs.1469

stikxs.1469

Windborne Dagger is in-combat only.

Spookyjunk/Anoni

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alesthes.4287

Alesthes.4287

It only works in combat. ALL of our “+x%” movement speed traits are useless because we have apt access to swiftness or can simply use signet of air.

This is certainly true, but it’s also a restriction.
I would very much like to be able to get speed increase through a trait so that I don’t have to devote a skill slot to it. Or, again, use this speed increase through the Arcane line offering me more freedom not to spec in the Air line for Zephir’s boon.
In a patch which should should have offered more options, the new Windborn dagger is so lackluster that offers none but those we already had.

- Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers Community
Piken Square – EU Unofficial RP server
Tarnished Coast – US Unofficial RP server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

I still don’t understand why we has this trait? Since we can already keep up permanent Swiftness

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

answer on the question in the title:
NO it doesn’t ever work in any situation. Its possibly the worst trait in the intire game.

in Elementalist

Alesthes.4287

I still don’t understand why we has this trait? Since we can already keep up permanent Swiftness

That is not the point. We can already keep up permanent swiftness by investing in another trait line and constantly casting auras. This could provide an alternative way to have it, giving more options to invest in other trait lines IF ONLY it worked out of combat as well…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

That is not the point. We can already keep up permanent swiftness by investing in another trait line and constantly casting auras. This could provide an alternative way to have it, giving more options to invest in other trait lines IF ONLY it worked out of combat as well…

IF it worked out of combat it still competes with the vigor on crit trait which is EXTREMELY good for D/D because evasive arcane is so much needed to survive as D/D. So even if it worked I think nobody would take it. It should be completely redesigned.

in Elementalist

Alesthes.4287

IF it worked out of combat it still competes with the vigor on crit trait which is EXTREMELY good for D/D because evasive arcane is so much needed to survive as D/D. So even if it worked I think nobody would take it. It should be completely redesigned.

I see your point, but in my experience vigor regeneration can be decently compensated in other ways, through sigils or other traits. If nothing else, it could offer some more options besides going Zephir’s boon or Signet of Air. Maybe it wouldn’t be optimal, but certainly not totally useless as it is now…