ELEtism

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Here is the build i use
(NOTE- sigil of torment on first dagger, it wasnt in the editor)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmgbux5wjDIEFmgLMeICjQHWUMD5AA-jUBBUHgZSFRjtsuIasKZER1KlYSBso0I-w

I wasnt hating on you in the other thread Game, i have love for all our builds and love making new ones and trying things out! But like i said, youre going at a condi build, especially with perplexity runes, all wrong.

Were paper, and running d/d on a condi build is the entirely wrong direction. You need survivability tied into our skills and to capitalize on perplexity runes you need to run conjures.

Youre going to be able to put out and keep conditions up better with a build like this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhEmmbIS9wjEIkCmQQhBwAjHagH0hlCzAA-jkBB4iAUHAZSFRjtsuIasKZER1KlYSBMp0I-w

using staff for some sick bleeds and burns, you only get the 1 stun from air 5, but you get a knockback that can cause another interrupt as well as the earth 4. conjure earth shield and cfb are a staple of the build with the interrupts and dmg they can put out in a condi build. then tie that in with the added mobility and dmg of fgs with a few attacks and they wont last long enough to call back up.

Granted, eles have to try a lot harder at condi builds… but we can make it work. But with the coming update the earth gm DS will be changing so that kind of screws up some condi dmg.

You can also switch out the LF for Signet of Fire, or glyph of storms(cast in earth only). But i think LF is one of our best tools for escaping, even without the SB.

only thing you lack in proper condi removal. ER isnt reliable enough to just rely on that(though you can, but its easily interrupted, but you can use a “retreat” to heal and cleanse)

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

(edited by Treborlavok.3504)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Evolution has played it’s part in Tyria. The weak have been weeded out and those who could not handle the style of play have left; only the strong remain.

It should be a point of pride for those elementalists who still practice their magicks in these harsh times filled with deathly condition spamming necromancers and rampaging warriors while also being regularly smitten by the unseen gods above (ANet).
It should be known that those elementalists who still delve into the arcane and go toe to toe with the other classes have to play on a whole other plane just to match levels with them.
This being so, let it be so that being an elementalist makes you better than everyone else.

If you are a proud elementalist, put this in your signature.
#ELEtism

PS: I have set up the E L Etism[ELE] guild and I plan to use it for productive elementalist business in the near future. Whisper “Gasmic” for a guild invite. (More info on this to come in a later thread.)

P.S.S: This was mostly meant as a joke and in no way is meant to be taken seriously, though it does touch base with a little truth

O bby. I like the way you Ele.

On a serious note, I’m glad this is taking off. It not only makes me feel like a trendsetter, but I’m glad to see people taking pride in playing Ele. It’s an enjoyable class.

I’ll probably ask for an [ELE] invitation later tonight when I get home from work, because I’d like to learn how to play the class to the best of my ability. Right now my strategy is essentially “mash buttons and hope for the best” mixed with a little “ohgodohgodohgodohgodCANTRIP”.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

Evolution has played it’s part in Tyria. The weak have been weeded out and those who could not handle the style of play have left; only the strong remain.

It should be a point of pride for those elementalists who still practice their magicks in these harsh times filled with deathly condition spamming necromancers and rampaging warriors while also being regularly smitten by the unseen gods above (ANet).
It should be known that those elementalists who still delve into the arcane and go toe to toe with the other classes have to play on a whole other plane just to match levels with them.
This being so, let it be so that being an elementalist makes you better than everyone else.

If you are a proud elementalist, put this in your signature.
#ELEtism

PS: I have set up the E L Etism[ELE] guild and I plan to use it for productive elementalist business in the near future. Whisper “Gasmic” for a guild invite. (More info on this to come in a later thread.)

P.S.S: This was mostly meant as a joke and in no way is meant to be taken seriously, though it does touch base with a little truth

On another note, ill definitely be sending you a pm tonight.

Im on BG, and if we have a multi server guild of eles id be more than happy to hop in wvw and test out builds with everyone!!

I have multiple builds i like to use and would gladly share in ppl are interested :P

also hit me up in game anytime im facing your server in wvw and ill be more than happy to come on and duel and or team up and confuse the hell out of the opposing team lol!

Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

ELEphantiasis vs. ELEtism..

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Ele def not king of condis for sure. Hopefully come december we can make a viable build without perplexity or a toned down perplexity

Bad Elementalist

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

Ele def not king of condis for sure. Hopefully come december we can make a viable build without perplexity or a toned down perplexity

honestly the only way wed be able to do that is it they fixed and redid our signets and glyphs… if they gave those some viable conditions wed be up there with necros.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Two subjects for my post. I love the guild name and the sig tag. I’ll be joining the guild of course. If you get a chance before I do, send me an invite.
And:

Just not a fan of hyperbole. You can’t keep up with a class that has easier and earlier access to it when you have to build just to match it. Runes/Sigils are irrelevant because a necro can put on those same runes and sigils.I never put down condition elementalist build.

TL;DR – A necro can put more pressure, sure, but to say that necro simply blows ele out of the water is foolish.

Give me 3 seconds and ill load you up with more condis than a necro could dream of. and i can reapply them really fast, every 10s.
Now, probably matching a necros output of condis, i also have more healing, much much more mobility, and 20k health with 3k armor.

Hopefully I cleaned up what I didn’t want in my post.

GameSlayer. Necro is the condition king. Please stop arguing. Ozii has a great point. You can’t base a build on runes and sigils. Necros can use the same things.

The thing I’m trying to say is: Necro is inherently better at conditions. There’s no dispute.

You made an outlandish claim and Ozii was just trying to explain, while ele can be viable in conditions — yes he did say they were viable — they aren’t as powerful as necro without supplementation.

I’m an ele who literally bought EVERY gear combination possible. I’ve played ele for a very long time. I know that conditions are quite possible, but they’re not the best of what ele has to offer.

Lol. Okay man. Necro is condition king. What a nice opinion you got there. And I also have my opinion’s. I disagree completely with you, you can’t change my point of view, and you disagree completely with me, I can’t change your point of view. To say anything else and ‘claim’ you are right and not me is ONLY what you say. Same to be said with me.

I am a teef
:)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

Here is the build i use
(NOTE- sigil of torment on first dagger, it wasnt in the editor)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmgbux5wjDIEFmgLMeICjQHWUMD5AA-jUBBUHgZSFRjtsuIasKZER1KlYSBso0I-w

You can also switch out the LF for Signet of Fire, or glyph of storms(cast in earth only). But i think LF is one of our best tools for escaping, even without the SB.

only thing you lack in proper condi removal. ER isnt reliable enough to just rely on that(though you can, but its easily interrupted, but you can use a “retreat” to heal and cleanse)

There is not enough AoE condi application. No where near the amount a d/d can give in my build.
If you havent noticed i run rock solid (one of the best traits ive ever used), and i use that to protect my ER cast. It also can be used for stomping. I never get rupted on ER due to rock solid.

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

What are these Perplexity runes everyone keeps talking about and how do I get them in TPvP :P
In all seriousness, I’d love if you guys covered TPvP as well because I’ve always felt that’s where Ele’s need serious help (and ideas) rather than WvW where they’ve always done fine.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Well I’m kinda looking for people to talk builds with, so this is a great idea! Join up everybody.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

What are these Perplexity runes everyone keeps talking about and how do I get them in TPvP :P
In all seriousness, I’d love if you guys covered TPvP as well because I’ve always felt that’s where Ele’s need serious help (and ideas) rather than WvW where they’ve always done fine.

I’m someone who plays Elementalist exclusively. I have won well over 1000 tournaments, commanded WvW for over a year, ran havoc groups, obtained my Incinerator, and received a personal Fractals level of 50+. I have commanded well over 40 Tequatl raids, organized weekly guild missions, and run speed dungeons clears on a regular basis.

I do each of these things to the best of my abilities and I have determined the most optimal builds (for my playstyle) for each one of these activities and I’m looking forward to see the builds other people run for their different activites!

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

(edited by Mash Hog.5672)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I do each of these things to the best of my abilities and I have determined the most optimal builds (for my playstyle) for each one of these activities and I’m looking forward to see the builds other people run for their different activites!

Not fair to ask others to share their builds/playstyles when you won’t share your own :P

(edited by Wintel.4873)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

Not fair to ask others to share their builds/playstyles when you won’t share your own :P

I’d be happy to share my builds over time!

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I joined. My friends gameslayer magikfox lightningblazr melanin you guys join too

Bad Elementalist

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Give me 3 seconds and ill load you up with more condis than a necro could dream of. and i can reapply them really fast, every 10s.
Now, probably matching a necros output of condis, i also have more healing, much much more mobility, and 20k health with 3k armor.

Lol. Okay man. Necro is condition king. What a nice opinion you got there. And I also have my opinion’s. I disagree completely with you, you can’t change my point of view, and you disagree completely with me, I can’t change your point of view. To say anything else and ‘claim’ you are right and not me is ONLY what you say. Same to be said with me.

I mean disagree all you want, but it doesn’t change that the statement you made is false. Necro delivers all conditions in one button, not to mention corrupts boon hoarders like no tomorrow.

You’re having a hard time accepting that on the basis of conditions alone, you are very wrong.

But listen to logic. Necro base available conditions > ele base available conditions. Necro with runes and sigil = ele with runes and sigil. Necro condition traits > Ele condition traits. Add all that up and yes, necro is much better at conditions.

If you want to make the claim that your condition build can outplay a necro condition build on the basis of elementalist fundamentals like boons and mobility, that’s fine. You can make that claim ALLL day and I won’t bother you for it, but your above statement is so false it just isn’t funny.

I hope you understand.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

I mean disagree all you want, but it doesn’t change that the statement you made is false. Necro delivers all conditions in one button, not to mention corrupts boon hoarders like no tomorrow.

You’re having a hard time accepting that on the basis of conditions alone, you are very wrong.

But listen to logic. Necro base available conditions > ele base available conditions. Necro with runes and sigil = ele with runes and sigil. Necro condition traits > Ele condition traits. Add all that up and yes, necro is much better at conditions.

If you want to make the claim that your condition build can outplay a necro condition build on the basis of elementalist fundamentals like boons and mobility, that’s fine. You can make that claim ALLL day and I won’t bother you for it, but your above statement is so false it just isn’t funny.

I hope you understand.

wow, i really did say that, oops on my part. i honestly meant to say that my build can do so much better because my build is not reliant on one trick pony slots like your signet or corrupt boon stuff that can be evaded when you know the animations.

It was pretty funny watching you go to town on that statement though

Successful troll was successful.
(i was toying you around budday)

I am a teef

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

I joined. My friends gameslayer magikfox lightningblazr melanin you guys join too

i joined then left cause im having some issues deciding which guilds to keep/drop. ive weaseled myself to 4 guilds now, you can send me a re-inv you care to.

I am a teef

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Hallelujah! Throw your hands in the air!

#ELEtism

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

wow, i really did say that, oops on my part. i honestly meant to say that my build can do so much better because my build is not reliant on one trick pony slots like your signet or corrupt boon stuff that can be evaded when you know the animations.

It was pretty funny watching you go to town on that statement though

Successful troll was successful.
(i was toying you around budday)

Corrupt Boon is instant, it has a slight animation but the boon corruption is instant unless you already have invuln frames up prior(mist form) or the necro is blinded it is impossible to avoid.

I will agree that signet of spite can be dodged as long as your not feared.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I have planned a tentative workshop date to be announced in the near future!

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I’m willing to help out with the workshop. I’ve arguably perfected my D/D fighting build. (Ask Ozii.)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wraistlin.6072

Wraistlin.6072

I hope you understand.

This isn’t entirely true aside from runes of perplexity. If a necro decides to run sigil of doom on a weapon he isn’t gaining anything as he already has poison at his disposal, however it gives an ele a new condition. So eventually the playing fields starts to narrow.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

This isn’t entirely true aside from runes of perplexity. If a necro decides to run sigil of doom on a weapon he isn’t gaining anything as he already has poison at his disposal, however it gives an ele a new condition. So eventually the playing fields starts to narrow.

It kind of is true for the most part though.

The necro could easily pick a sigil he doesn’t have a condition easily at his fingertips.

I understand what you were saying, but I did contemplate that when I was writing my logic out, I just didn’t want to complicate it.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Starting today I’m gonna be an ELEtist.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Gasmic bro you already know I support ya 100% and would love an invite. I think this is an awesome initiative and this thread inspired me to tough it out with Staff ele in pvp again, we have something similar goin on in the Mesmer forums called OMFG [Official Mesmer Forums Guild] .. maybe we could collaborate an event sometime. Mesmer/Ele tower of nightmare run!?

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

this thread is usELEss

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

this thread is usELEss

Haters gon’ hate.

(That was clever though. =P )

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

This thread is amusing, you mean.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I loled.
/15chars

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mochann.5298

Gasmic bro you already know I support ya 100% and would love an invite. I think this is an awesome initiative and this thread inspired me to tough it out with Staff ele in pvp again, we have something similar goin on in the Mesmer forums called OMFG [Official Mesmer Forums Guild] .. maybe we could collaborate an event sometime. Mesmer/Ele tower of nightmare run!?

That would be, well, a nightmare.

And yes… I’ve run the tower as both Ele and Mesmer. And yes they were both hell! Got easier though when I brought some mango pie.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I soloed everything in the tower with ease using my build

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mochann.5298

Amazing, you solo’d the hybrid and the other champions in there? That I could not do, not the Black Widow or the Giant Wurm. Were you using D/D Bunker? I can’t fathom anyone soloing those bosses.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I solo’ed the Hybrid with my own Fresh Air/PvE build.

Edit: Might I add, without deaths!

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mochann.5298

I must learn these mad dueling skills!

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Imagi.4561

I’ve run the tower as both Ele and Mesmer. And yes they were both hell! Got easier though when I brought some mango pie.

I did fine in the tower on my Ele, all things considered. I actually had an easier time with Ele than I did with Thief, even with stealth and a lot more Thief experience. Attunement boons, Obsidian Flesh, cantrips, and Evasive Arcana helped greatly with my survivability.

#ELEtism

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I would like to host our first full 5 v 5 Elementalist Skirmish over the next weekend.
Who would be interested in something like that?

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I’ve just started a second ele and I would love to join up. I love this idea.

I will shoot you a PM when I log in tonight, Gasmic. My ign is Gag Pol Env.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Idk what the hell is this but sign me in.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Wait wtf is that supposed to be something to brag about? No offense because I constantly solo the instance without issue lol.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

Wait wtf is that supposed to be something to brag about? No offense because I constantly solo the instance without issue lol.

Read the whole conversation.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I would like to host our first full 5 v 5 Elementalist Skirmish over the next weekend.
Who would be interested in something like that?

Uh of course and undoubtedly me.

When I wrote this I assumed in my home (wvw) but now I’m thinking it is SPvP.

I’m not as great in SPvP, but I can say I’d still like to join. Hit up LordByron as well.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

Yes, it is going to be in my own Custom Arena.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Love the thread. You know I’ve always said it’s a curse to be an Ele. Once I’d played D/D, S/D, and of course Staff, all the other professions were ruined for me. I just don’t find any of them very fun or interesting now. “It’s no Ele, but it’s OK” is a phrase I seem to repeat.

Anet can nerf us into the ground all they like, I don’t care, Ele will still be the greatest profession.

I’m an Ele and I’m proud of it.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

I love playing Ele,
I have 3.8k hours on my Elementalist and 4k hours in the whole game.

I tried playing other classes… I always got bored.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Da Beetus.1275

Da Beetus.1275

I’m with Razor on this. I have never even faced the Hybrid in a group. Left me wondering why people were spamming “LFXM Hybrid”.

Why do those that know the least know it the loudest?

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Elementalists will inhert tyria, even if we must spill the blood of every other class to do it!

#ELEtism

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Anybody on Yak’s or EBay? I’m on SBI and I’m always looking for some duels or skirmishes, so even better if we get something together with eles.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Imagi.4561

I’d love to do an Ele tournament—although that sounds like it could be a really long match—but first I have to learn how to PvP on my Ele.

#ELEtism

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Mash Hog.5672

The thing I like about Elementalist is that we can spec for all sorts of things:

DPS, Bunker, Support, Roam, Burst…
ect.

That way we can have everyone be Elementalists but it won’t be stacked towards once playstyle which is something that happens when we have 5 of all one class.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

ELEtism

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

its going to be interesting how the Dec 10th patch changes up a few core builds out there.