Elemental Suggestions/Bugs that need fixing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Dedicated bug thread.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Elemental-bugs-glitches-thread/77180

Dedicated suggestion thread.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Elemental-suggestions-ideas-thread/90781
—-
As i’ve reserved the 1st few posts in those threads i can now update them better.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Magnetic Grasp, outside of its buggy behaviour, seems underpowered compared to Burning Speed. I would suggest this skill to add Protection to the elementalist during its duration, and maybe for 1-2 seconds more. Why? For two reasons: for a more effective churning earth (when OH daggers is equipped), and because that skills puts you right in the middle of a mob. Burning Speed works because its part of a chain combo, and a good offense is sometimes the best defense. Magnetic Grasp is in a different situation: it’s slower, it’s more dangerous, and earth attunement does not kills quickly enough like fire. Thus why I suggested protection. Projectile reflection and invulnerability could also work, but then it would overlap with the focus skills. A KD, a stun or the like at the end would overlap with Earthquake, but could work. So yeah, 3s protection?

Arcane’s trait Arcane Energy does not seems to work with the healing signet. :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clackerr.6401

Clackerr.6401

I thought I was the only one having these issues. Very good list. I think they need to buff the conjured weapons before worrying about random people picking them up. As of now they are pretty bad. The ride the lightning bug is the most annoying of them all, especially when I use it as a gap closer and it roots me on the ground 5 yards away.

Clackalackin likaboss.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SammyIAm.1726

SammyIAm.1726

I would love to have switchable weapon sets for my elementalist. Even with a much, much longer cool-down than the other professions. I understand why they weren’t implemented in the first place (elementalists already have 20 weapon skills to switch between), but I’m still carrying around two sets of weapons with me (scepter/dagger and a staff) and having to switch manually.

This is especially tough in WvW because I can’t be anywhere near combat if I want to switch, and keep having to run far away to make the change.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dortmunder.9572

Dortmunder.9572

Signet of Fire doesn’t have the proper range.

When you activate it to burn a foe, you’re likely “Out of Range”.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

I would love to have switchable weapon sets for my elementalist. Even with a much, much longer cool-down than the other professions. I understand why they weren’t implemented in the first place (elementalists already have 20 weapon skills to switch between), but I’m still carrying around two sets of weapons with me (scepter/dagger and a staff) and having to switch manually.

This is especially tough in WvW because I can’t be anywhere near combat if I want to switch, and keep having to run far away to make the change.

Agreed, it’s actully quite annoyinng to be caught in combat with daggers – then for the target to go out of range and then switch weapons (from a melee range weapon) and start hitting you at 1200 and you can’t change weapons to match them.

Signet of Fire doesn’t have the proper range.

When you activate it to burn a foe, you’re likely “Out of Range”.

Gonna try this now as i use this skill all the time (as i no longer use arcane power due to it being broken).

in Elementalist

Posted by: darkoracle.6483

darkoracle.6483

Fire elemental does not scale with +power or +toughness

in Elementalist

Posted by: MasterK.2394

MasterK.2394

I just made a thread out this but I’ll say it here for further recognition. Quick Glyphs Trait doesn’t work with Glyph of Elementals (Elite Skill).

There’s a trait, 10 points in the Air tree, that makes Glyphs recharge faster by 20%. However I’ve noticed that even though the tooltip changes appropriately for the Elite skill “Glyph of Elementals”, it will still go on cooldown for the full 120 seconds instead of 96 seconds (once the Elemental is dead). The lesser Utility skill works fine, just the Elite.

NZXT Phantom 410 case | Asus P8Z77-V LX | i5 – 3570k@4.2Ghz | Zalman CNPS 9900 Max
Corsair V. 1600Mhz 8GB DDR3 RAM | WD Black 1TB HDD | Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noollab.1687

Noollab.1687

Mist Form: It states in the tooltip that you invulnerable for the duration of the spell, but I have died countless times to DoT damage during this form, if this is intended, then the tooltip needs to be changed to state that I think.

This also holds true for Obsidian Flesh (Earth Attunement, 5th Focus ability).
Additionally, fall damage and other sorts of instant-kill environmental damage seem to ignore the invulnerability effect.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SeraVerte.2640

SeraVerte.2640

Glyph of Elementals is not affected by the 20% cooldown

If you quick cast Phoenix while in a fire field, you will not get the area might bonus

in Elementalist

Posted by: MasterK.2394

MasterK.2394

And that is the trade off for the Elementalist. With all the versatility the Ele has with it’s active skill set, there needs to be a downside and that’s why we are limited to a single weapon set (in-combat). Allowing us to switch weapon sets in-combat, even if it’s on a 1 min CD, would throw the Ele way out of balance. If they implemented your proposed change, then they may as well allow everyone else to carry 4 weapon sets and the Engineer two.

NZXT Phantom 410 case | Asus P8Z77-V LX | i5 – 3570k@4.2Ghz | Zalman CNPS 9900 Max
Corsair V. 1600Mhz 8GB DDR3 RAM | WD Black 1TB HDD | Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

Confirmed on the signet of fire, it does indeed have incorrect range. I just tested it and it actully has around 800/900 range not 1200 range.

Man, how many of our skills are not working correctly? – it seems to be quite a few.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zetherin.8372

zetherin.8372

I may be alone in this but when I play my ele, I put down conjured weapons specifically for other people to use. And when some random person walks up and takes the hammer I put down for them, and then charges into battle with it.. it just makes me happy.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

I may be alone in this but when I play my ele, I put down conjured weapons specifically for other people to use. And when some random person walks up and takes the hammer I put down for them, and then charges into battle with it.. it just makes me happy.

Not me, if i’m in a party and i place a conjured weapon down for me and a party member it’s so annoying when some random passer-by grabs it. It’s also just as annoying when i place one in a location i’m heading towards (through the fight area) for me to grab when the one i’m using is out of charges, only to get there and see someone else has grabbed it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noollab.1687

Noollab.1687

I love throwing down the Greatsword for that very reason. It’s fairly powerful, too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SeraVerte.2640

SeraVerte.2640

Also, the lvl 15 minor bonus in the arcane trait “Lingering elements” has no effect.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

Also, the lvl 15 minor bonus in the arcane trait “Lingering elements” has no effect.

Yep, they seems to still last only 2/3 seconds despite saying they should last 5 with the trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

@SeraVerte: Lingering Elements makes the fury upon attunement switching last 5 seconds instead of 2.

@topic:

1. Fix downed state. It’s atrocious. 2 needs to interrupt stomps and 3 needs to be available sooner.
2. A little more base health maybe?
3. Most Air skills do laughable damage (dagger 1+2 lol)
4. Conjures should be instant and have no charges (lose the second weapon) seeing as they already have a timeout.
5. Focus really needs a mobility skill.
6. Most of our utility skills could use a cooldown reduction

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

@SeraVerte: Lingering Elements makes the fury upon attunement switching last 5 seconds instead of 2.

Not when i just tested it (just now), it still only lasts 2 seconds for me.
—-
I also think we need a slight increase in our base healing skills, they all seem far to weak (in the healing department) and hardly heal at all (more so on the longer CD ones).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Freakiie.8940

Freakiie.8940

Yeah Ride the Lightning is a major pain.

I haven’t run into problems with Magnetic Grasp yet myself and I don’t think it needs a buff. It’s more of a PvP oriented skill rather than a PvE one. Making sure the target you’re moving to is still there the moment you arrive is incredibly valuable in PvP. In PvE ensnaring a mob while standing right next to it obviously holds a lot less value.

About the weapon set, I want a quick button to change it even if I can’t use it in combat. It’s just a pain in thekittenif everytime I want to switch between my daggers and staff I have to open my inventory and switch them around, while there is a weapon set function ingame.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windowlicker.6019

Windowlicker.6019

This is a great thread, and really needs some attention from the devs. The discussion over elementalists being sub-par are rampant in a heap of places, and I legitimately think with correctly working skills, and minimal tweaks and buffs, we’d be in a great spot.

Temporarily left GW2.

(edited by Windowlicker.6019)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Myndranius.2139

Myndranius.2139

Can’t believe nobody else has posted this one, it’s one of my biggest annoyances.

The air attunement is considered an attack. It has its own range indicator (little red bar at the bottom when target is out of range), and switching to air attunment will auto-attack anything in range. This is EXTREMELY annoying when I switch to air for a speed buff for the express purpose of travelling from area to area, and it ends up auto-attacking some neutral mob, pulling me into combat and thus actually slowing me down to combat speed.

Note: I’m not referring to the 15-point air trait bonus which adds a lightning attack when switching to air attunement. What I am referring to is simply a bug with switching to air attunement.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

Added some of the extra ones that have been posted. Mainly the bugs as these are most important, and i’m really hoping the devs take notice of the them because we have so many that are broken/buggy (i say this as every report i made before got lost and no devs/Anet person ever replied to any).

Can’t believe nobody else has posted this one, it’s one of my biggest annoyances.

The air attunement is considered an attack. It has its own range indicator (little red bar at the bottom when target is out of range), and switching to air attunment will auto-attack anything in range. This is EXTREMELY annoying when I switch to air for a speed buff for the express purpose of travelling from area to area, and it ends up auto-attacking some neutral mob, pulling me into combat and thus actually slowing me down to combat speed.

Note: I’m not referring to the 15-point air trait bonus which adds a lightning attack when switching to air attunement. What I am referring to is simply a bug with switching to air attunement.

Never noticed this, but you are correct – just tested it out.

Added to the list of bugs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

I can’t believe that the missing PvE whirlpool is not in mentioned.

Btw: what should the 15 point Arcane trait do? Which bonuses should linger longer?

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

I can’t believe that the missing PvE whirlpool is not in mentioned.

Btw: what should the 15 point Arcane trait do? Which bonuses should linger longer?

No need, they’ve already said they are onto fixing that for PVE which is why i didn’t bother to post it in the list.
-
On switching roles you can gain a bonus if you have 5 points in arcane, it lasts 2 seconds as standard but with the 15 point trait is should last 5 but it doesn’t. Actully after further looking why do we even have this 15 point trait? – there is only 1 skill affectly by it (the 5 point arcane skill).

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

When you’re back to back to your opponent (after burning speed or RTL, for example), some skills, like Fire Grab, will automatically target your opponent if you’re stationary, but will aim to the middle of your screen if you’re moving.

Very annoying with dual daggers, where you must be moving constantly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Meteor shower.

When specced with increased radius in Arcane line: the area will increase but so will the misses meaning that it’s counter productive to have increased radius. Other radius spells work fine, though. Just MS.

ie. I AoE using MS on a group of 20+ mobs in an event and most the time it won’t even hit any of them with AoE radius trait. If I take it off, the meteors hit more effectively.

Ability for staff in fire attune that makes you roll back leaving a firey trail also suffers from same problems the OP listed for ride the lightning.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I really hope Anet reads this. It is so ridiculous that half of our useful skills are so bugged that they can’t be used at all! (I’M LOOKING AT YOU RIDE THE LIGHTNING!)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

great job! keep up the good work.

only thing I could add is possibly Ride the Lightning has a pathing issue sometimes. If its not working properly, it’ll randomly get stuck on a hidden rock or path into a spot that it is predicting where the target is going.

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

Zepher’s boon grants full, described benefit when using shocking aura, but a drastically reduced duration when using frost aura. 3ish seconds instead.

Not sure if this is intended or not, but different traits that regen your dodge roll energy don’t stack. Example: zepher’s focus and vigorous scepter.

Amen on the funky ride lightning, meteor shower not hitting enough or being clear enough about how long I actually have to stand there channelling it, and the requests for heal buffs.

Please up water damage.

Underwater combat is so pathetic, I can’t even take on one regular risen mob unless I’m ready for a five minute fight. Meanwhile on land I can take on. Three to five.

Focus needs love. Fire in particular as noted.

Aoe range for heals like the heal blast finishers needs to be increased.

Staff:
Fire is good other than ms hit frequency.

Water: up damage on one and/or increase heal radius/amounts healed
Decrease animation on two
Increase geyser size
Increase healing rain time and or reduce cd

Air:
Gust only seems to hit one target for me. Bad luck or glitch or working as intended?
Static field needs to trigger if you cast it on mobs, not just if they pass through it.

Earth:
Eruption time drastically reduced.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

The discussion over elementalists being sub-par are rampant in a heap of places, and I legitimately think with correctly working skills, and minimal tweaks and buffs, we’d be in a great spot.

This is what i think aswell, with all the broken skills fixed we’d be in a very good state – and i recon a lot of elementals don’t even realise certain skills are broken.

Myself, i didn’t notice arcane power didn’t give 5 critical hits until i was level 24 after someone pointed it out to me, at which time i swapped it out for Signet of fire and just found out earlier today that the range is broken on it.
—-
I’d love some of the suggestions for the class to be put in, but to be honest at the moment i’d be happy having all the main skills work as they should just to see what we can actully do.
-
Also, i’ve hit the limit on what i can put in the 1st post – as such i may post extras in other posts soon and then remake the thread and reserve the 1st few posts.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loic.4367

Loic.4367

Lightning Whip still behaves strangely when in motion. Often times I can’t hit stationary objects within range if I’m moving. Other times, I can’t hit them if I’m standing still. Occasionally it misses enemies one second and the next, target still in the same relative position, and it hits.

It’s just overall wonky. If it was an aoe attack the weird conical hit zone would make sense, like Wave of Wrath on the guardian’s staff, but seeing as it’s a single target attack, it shouldn’t have nearly this much trouble.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keran Lors.8560

Keran Lors.8560

I noticed another bug:

Glyph of Renewal:
Earth Attunement: sometimes does rally downed players at all.
Fire Attunement: the duration of the self boon is incredibly low (not sure if intended).
Fire and Air attunements: sometimes doesn’t even rally the targeted ally but only raises its downed health pool.
Water Attunement: do not effectively put the ally target at full health but often only around half.

Also, Ride the lightning is indeed completely broken =( Misses a good 80% of the times.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dortmunder.9572

Dortmunder.9572

Chain Lightning often won’t hit the Blooms in Twilight Arbor.

You just get the “Obscured” message.

Really a pain too, because those things will kill you if you aren’t careful. So you have to switch to another attunement and single target them. Chain Lightning would be the best for this, as it kills 3 with 1 shot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pinkerton.5643

Pinkerton.5643

yeah…I’ve tested this…it doesn’t happen on my Ele unless you have the 15-point minor trait AND autotarget on.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pinkerton.5643

Pinkerton.5643

Also, Ride the lightning is indeed completely broken =( Misses a good 80% of the times.

Don’t know what you guys are doing…mine never misses.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Honner.1936

Honner.1936

….

If you quick cast Phoenix while in a fire field, you will not get the area might bonus

this one work, I do it all the time….
Dragon’s Tooth+Phoenix+Earthquake+Churning Earth = 12 stacks of might

(edited by Honner.1936)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeXyre.6025

DeXyre.6025

Guess you target the phoenix to an area outside the fire field.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phoenix

The Blast element is based on where the phoenix “explodes” (per the description), which is at the end of its path before returning. The combo applies if the phoenix is in or near a field at that point and not whether the Elementalist started the Phoenix cast by a field.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Let’s not forget about :

1) Fire Grab, does ridicolously low dmg compared to its CD, at 2k Power I can barely hit for 2k dmg on a light armour profession! So I need to go completely glass cannon spec to be able to hit heavy armour professions for 3k dmg…c’mon — either lower considerably the CD ( 30s CD max ) or increased the dmg ( 4k base dmg at 1.8k Power)

2) Churning earth, it does great dmg but the risk involved with it it’s quite high, either make so I get granted protection while casting it or reduce casting time, it’s already hard enough to stay upclose to land it

3) Dragon’s tooth, pls reduce landing time, 3s to land it’s just too much!

4) Shatterstone, pls increase damage and CD accordingly

5)Lightning Flash , the range should be increased to 1200, the CD reduction was great but it’s still bad for a quick get away skill, the range is just too short!

6) From the moment that we can’t switch weapon set during combat , pls add a movement skill to scepter/focus set, an ele should have a quick get away skill on every weapon set

7) Signet of Air, it should give 25% speed increase just like the thief signet, nobody use this signet in sPvP and the 2s activation make the blind useless

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razarei.2809

Razarei.2809

Survivability:

This is probably the main issue, but when coupled with everything else, just becomes ARGH. Yes, I said argh. Anyways, the only way you can survive playing an elementalist, is to play and spec defensively. This means max toughness and vitality, with little emphasis on damage. Now, this means that your damage goes from sucky, to super sucky, but it means you can tank a whole three mobs at level 80! Wow! Three mobs! Omged so mut powr. Sarcasm aside, this just means that we give up almost all of our power, just to be able to defend as well as your average guardian, that still has tonnes of more damage. Think this spec will save you from engineers? Pfft.

If you spec any other way, you’ll get face-rolled by mobs who hit once every three seconds, and by your average John in PvP.

Damage:

See, I didn’t actually think the damage with my elementalist was all that bad when I specced power/pre or power/cond d/d build with glyph of storms (earth) all I knew was that I died very VERY quickly if I got hit. That was until I tried out a warrior, then a thief, then a guardian, then an engineer.

And my jaw dropped.

It’s insanely stupid how much we have to spec one way (defensively) and if we choose not to we get the survivability of a paper shield, and the damage of your average guardian wearing lesser gear, and specced for defence. Now, clearly there is something wrong here. Elementalists are MAGES. They are supposed to be the TRUE glass cannons, yet, we’re not glass, we’re paper, and we’re not cannons, we’re pea shooters. Why is it that every other class in the game can be specced for TRUE glass cannons yet achieve way more killing power AND defence while doing it? How does this make any sense at all?

Attunements:

I really like the way they have done this, makes me feel like a baws while playing. The next Avatar, but still, it’s badly designed. Everyone is like omg ele so gud 20 skillz moar versatiliteee but no, it’s not versatile, it’s a hindrance. Who came up with this clever idea? Sure, it works in theory, but it practice because of the attunement delay it doesn’t work as well as intended. You want to make this versatile? Cool, make it 0.1 sec attunement switch rate like the engineers have with their packs.

Elementalist – Blárp, Razarei, 55HPMonk, Need More Defense
Revenant – Master Blárp [Desolation]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razarei.2809

Razarei.2809

Traits:

But Raz, you said nerf the cooldown on the attunements, you mek ele OP omg qqqqq.

But you can now put some real thought into traits. Why is it every other class in the game gets traits based on their weapon set for some real bonuses, but we get some halfkitten traits that barely make any difference whatsoever? C’mon now, seriously?

How about revamping the traits? I don’t mean removing them, I mean improving on the ones we already have. As per my suggestion above, this would start by adding a delay for attunement bonuses while changing attunements, to stop people from auto-buffing. Yeah? Solved.

Next. Some more specialist weapon traits ploz. Staff excels at support, why why aren’t there more traits with combined support abilities that give staff bonuses in the earth or water trait-line? I’d like to see things such as

Water 10 – Increases water spell recharge time by 20%, and increases the duration of healing spring and healing rain by 20%

and

Water 10 – Increases base healing power by 33%

and

Air 30 – All Air spells cause insert new effect here that ARMOUR PENETRATION while wielding a dagger. HELLLOOOO WHERE ARE YOU?! Yes, vulnerability, there you are. Why are you not applied to air spells? Really?

Base stats:

This section isn’t going to be long, but I’m sorry. We need better base stats. We need more base damage scaling, and more armour scaling. I said scaling for a reason. A straight buff would be stupid, because it’s linear. Adjust the scaling so that people with certain builds will actually gain a significant bonus, instead of being steamrolled all the time.

People that want to spec for power / pre will actually be the true glass cannons like they were supposed to be, the highest damage dealers in the game, with bad defence.

Alternatively, this goes for the people who want to spec defensively.

Mindset:

This is also a problem. You guys need to get it into your head, that elementalists are NOT versatile, and that they’re a challenging class to play, with no benefits. Sure, most of us understand this, and most of us continue to play the elementalist because we have hope. It’s going to be a long ride, but for those of us who have pretty much learned the inside and out of our class, we’re still left feeling slightly demoralized. Wanna join TPvP? No problem, what class are you? Oh, ele? Sorry we have an ele already.

No, you don’t have an ele, I get it you’re just trying to politely tell me to gtfo.

This goes for PvE dungeons on explorer mode too with most people.

In no way I’m saying elementalists are complete and utter paper, because they’re not. They can still be viable, but we’re easily outclassed.

Elementalist – Blárp, Razarei, 55HPMonk, Need More Defense
Revenant – Master Blárp [Desolation]

in Elementalist

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

Great lists. Love the bug list as you are absolutely correct on all of them. I initially thought that the switching to air attunement bug you mentioned was the lighting auto-cast. But you mentioned it wasn’t and I think you’re correct now. I will try it tonite and see (I’ll clear my traits out of air and stand next to a yellow and switch to air and see what happens).

Please add this bug: Fall damage is still applied when in mist form (we are supposed to be invulnerable). Also Obsidian Flesh does not seem to mitigate fall damage. In both cases, one would think that fall damage would be effected.

And ya, your suggestions are pretty good too. I would add that our elite skills need some love. Tornado Form is a little flaky… never sure when I’m throwing people back or not. Plus, we can still take enormous damage while in tornado form… so couple that with the huge cast time for it and it loses a lot of functional usefulness in PvP. The long cast time on the elemental makes it an almost forgotten ability in PvP. I rarely even remember it is there. Plus without any direct control over it, it is practically worthless. It is bad when you’re playing and you say “wow, I wish I could switch out my elite skill slot for another utility skill.” in vent or chat. But often, I feel that way.

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

in Elementalist

Windowlicker.6019

BUMP this guys! Don’t let this fall down. There are some seriously great suggestions in here, and an enormous amount of bugs that need fixing!

Temporarily left GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ErzaScarlet.2386

ErzaScarlet.2386

MS needs splash damage imo
thekittenthing lands like 1 inch away from a monster and it didnt hit

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

I made a thread dedicated to the bugs here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Elemental-bugs-glitches-thread

I did this so we have 1 for bugs only and so i have enough reserved to keep it updated.

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s insanely stupid how much we have to spec one way (defensively) and if we choose not to we get the survivability of a paper shield, and the damage of your average guardian wearing lesser gear, and specced for defence. Now, clearly there is something wrong here. Elementalists are MAGES. They are supposed to be the TRUE glass cannons, yet, we’re not glass, we’re paper, and we’re not cannons, we’re pea shooters. Why is it that every other class in the game can be specced for TRUE glass cannons yet achieve way more killing power AND defence while doing it? How does this make any sense at all?

Agree with this, if we choose to spec for damage we should be near the top of the charts.

Plus I like the suggestion of having an out of combat weapon switch, this is badly needed.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

DaedalusDragon.3754

I will bump this until we get word from Anet on the elementalist.

in Elementalist

Windowlicker.6019

I will bump this until we get word from Anet on the elementalist.

Me too bud.

Temporarily left GW2.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

I just want an answer on the bugs at least, i’ve seen them posted a lot over the beta and in the game bugs section and not once have i seen a reponse to any of them that they will be fixed.

Some skills are just plain broken, like – arcane power doesn’t give half of what it’s ment to (2 crits instead of 5), signet of fire is under 75% of it’s supposed range, mist form isn’t actully invulnerable for the duration of the spell like it’s supposed to be, churned earth can be interupted before it’s cast and we get a full 30 seconds cooldown regardless, lingering elements doesn’t actully work at all.

These are all major bugs and we have no idea if they’ll be fixed!, and lets not even get started on things like RTL and similar skills acting weird all the time.

in Elementalist

DaedalusDragon.3754

Oh and I just bought a superior sigil of accuracy only to find out that it does nothing. Thank you Anet.