Elemental bugs/glitches thread.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baxuz.1943

Baxuz.1943

While underwater, Forked Lightning, Ice Globe, Rock Blade and Spray often miss the targets, especially while in melee range where they sometimes miss all the time.
I find myself playing exclusively in water attunement underwater for that reason.

Camera control issues – a documented list
No longer blowing up stuff up on Gandara [CM] :(

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ajwz.7316

Ajwz.7316

Sometime when you come out of a dungeon, you will be in no elemental attunement.
Gust doesn’t work properly when you are running/kiting
Static field doesn’t seem to deal damage
Mist form doesn’t make you invulnerable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Evasive Arcana lacks a visual effect when it triggers in water (visual bug). It also doesn’t work at all underwater, which seems pretty poor for a Tier 3 trait.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Injection.2593

Injection.2593

If you use Dragon’s Tooth and while it’s in the air go to Mist Form the tooth will land but it won’t do any damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Megatran.6837

Megatran.6837

Sometimes I can’t see the Tornado and Whirlpool effects, I end up just being invisible for the duration of the skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mariah.4850

Mariah.4850

Not sure if it’s been said, but when a scepter is in your main hand, very frequently when using lighting #1 it gets bugged where we’re stuck in the casting animation, and the lightning keeps stretching to the downed enemy and eventually just flares out of your fingertips while you’re hunched in that position if you walk far enough away.

It’s incredibly annoying, as it doesn’t stop until you use another spell and frequently have to switch stances just to stop the animation.

It also less rarely happens with the earth #1 (scepter).

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

When I’m back to back with an opponent (for example, after a Burning Speed) and use Fire Grab, my character will face the enemy and hit them if I’m stationary, but if I’m moving, they’ll aim the skill to the middle of the screen. It’s annoying, because an elementalist must be always on the move.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

The Air attunement button behaves very strangely.

-When you switch to air attunement, you will immediately start auto-attacking.
-The first auto-attack will be from the previous attunement, the second from the air attunement.
-This will also happen if you click the air attunement icon while you’re already in the air attunement.
-It will only start the auto-attack if it can acquire a target through auto-targeting, or if you already have a target.
-It will not send an attack into thin air if it fails to acquire a target, or if you’re out of range…
-…But the auto-attack border will start flashing, and you’ll start auto-attacking once you move into the auto-attack’s range.
-All of this happens even with 0 trait points spent.
-The Air attunement icon got a “range” of 900, if you’re further away from your target, a red bar will show up below the air attunement icon. (even with 0 trait points)

A more in-depth thread about this issue can be found at: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Elementalist-Swapping-into-Air-attunement-causes-character-to-auto-attack-nearest-mob/first#post100942

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

(edited by Jikap.6547)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I can never see my tornado, whirlpool, or any skill that puts a bubble on me. I’ve been trying to figure this out but I think it might be a bug.

Armor of earth has yet to break any stun nor has it ever made me impervious to the stuns it says I should be impervious to.

in Elementalist

Posted by: shin.8073

shin.8073

I have reported a bug regarding burning speed and how the blast occurs before you reach the end of the slide in the bugs forum at this link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Elementalist-Burning-Speed/first#post49578

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

When using utility-skills while being in Mistform those utility skills don’t get affected by any traits. When using “Glyph of Elemental Harmony” traited with “Quick Glyphs” it goes on full 25sec cd instead of 20sec cd for example. Same goes for arcane spells with “Arcane Mastery” and/or “Elemental Surge”, Cantrips with “Cantrip Mastery” etc.

A similar problem affects “Ride the Lighning”:
With D/D and “Zephyr’s Boon” traited: When you use “Ride the Lighning” and during the animation of “Ride the Lighning” use “Shocking Aura” you won’t get swifness or fury as you should.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

Thank you for the reply, Jon. I will risk putting my faith in you guys to strike a new balance.

Wherever elementalists may fall, as long as the spvp is balanced.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Remembrance.2639

Remembrance.2639

Not understanding what the move does, does not make it a bug.
The trait makes it so your previous attunement lasts for 5 seconds. What this means is all those 5 point traits from the elemental lines will continue to apply for 5 seconds after changing attunements. I.E. you keep the toughness from Stone Flesh for 5 additional seconds after changing away from Earth. This should also be applying to bonus’s such as dealing 10% more damage while in fire attunement.

I fully understand what the move does, it grants a bonus on Attunement.

Here is the 2 texts on the traits.
—-
Arcane fury.
Grant yourself fury for 2 seconds on attunement.

Lingering elements.
Attunement bonuses linger for 5 seconds.
—-
Arcane fury gives you a bonus for 2 seconds on Attunement. As such if AF isn’t ment to get the bonus from LE then they need to state that it doesn’t apply to it or make it so AF so it isn’t an Attunement bonus.

I’m saying it’s a bug at the moment because it is infact an Attunement bonuses that doesn’t get the Lingering elements bonus – until the text states otherwise it can’t be assumed that it’s ment to be like this.

Arcane fury is given upon attunement and is not persistent throughout the entirety of being within a given element. So something like give 10% dmg while attuned to fire works because it is a persistent bonus, LE keeps your attunement to fire for 5 seconds after you swap so you keep that 10% dmg until LE bonus is over. Where as applied temporary attunement buffs like AF would not apply.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Arcane fury is given upon attunement and is not persistent throughout the entirety of being within a given element. So something like give 10% dmg while attuned to fire works because it is a persistent bonus, LE keeps your attunement to fire for 5 seconds after you swap so you keep that 10% dmg until LE bonus is over. Where as applied temporary attunement buffs like AF would not apply.

I think i get it now, and it may not actully a bug after all (i say may as the text can be read to affect AF).

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

I’m not sure if someone has already pointed this annoying thing, but if something immobilizes elementalist with staff, all “1” skills stop working at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Pls Anet make so that:

1) Shocking Aura and Frost Armour finally work against rangers and any other ranged character, right now they can even snipe directly in the face at short distance and don’t get stunned or chilled
2)Make elementals scale with power and toughness, no point in having them then

in Elementalist

Posted by: gpchopstix.6813

gpchopstix.6813

im pretty sure the minor trait, bountiful power doesnt work. ive been testing it out in the mist. i dont know if its just me, but with or without bountiful power it only goes up too 3254 from 3149, and that is with 3 might, 1 reg, and 1 vigor. no matter how many boons are on the damage does not change, unless i have more might.

(edited by gpchopstix.6813)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrakeWurrum.6049

DrakeWurrum.6049

Lingering Elements doesn’t seem to affect all the traits that it (by the tooltip description) should. I noticed, at the very least, that it doesn’t work for Stone Flesh. It does work for Soothing Mists, at least. Haven’t been able to test Zephyr’s Speed or Flame Barrier.

It’s hard to tell what this trait should and shouldn’t work for right now. As some abilities are affected by what attunement you’re in, but do not benefit from Lingering Elements (Evasive Arcane is a good example).

At the very least, this trait needs a more specific tooltip.

I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story. I’m the leading man.
You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razgriz.7319

Razgriz.7319

Thanks for making this post Major. It’s a great way to consolidate all the elementalist bugs in one place.

I’d like to make a suggestion about formatting your post a little bit better, if that’s ok .

Right now, the post provides a lot of information (which is great) but it’s kind of hard to pick out the issues from the descriptions and the links.

I would suggest something like this. Bold and maybe caps lock the title of the issue. This should be concise, so the reader can immediately see what bugs are already catalogued, and what hasn’t. This will help readers find what they’re interested in and post about what isn’t there already. This will also help you gather additional bugs from the input of others.

I realise maybe some of the issues might be hard to put a title to. Maybe you could try something like:

BUGGED SKILL A
Bug 1
description and link.
Bug 2
description and link.
BUGGED SKILL B
Bug 1
bug 2
etc.

I know this will be more work for you, but it will help people with submitting information about new bugs and keep this thread free of double posts about already catalogued bugs, as well as help ArenaNet track the bugs already posted here. I would do this myself, but I can’t edit your posts :P.

To other people reading this tread:
It would be better for everyone if you guys kept discussion of various bugs to their respective posts. If there is no post about it yet (and try to make certain there really isn’t), create one yourself and link it here. It will help Major in keeping this post updated with all of the latest bug threads.

~ 80 Elementalist

(edited by Razgriz.7319)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

I don’t see a part about Burning Speed sometimes firing you in random directions instead of in the direction of the mob you are facing, and targeting (unless I overlooked it). It makes me leery of using it at heights since I occasionally go in some weird direction at absolutely nothing.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

Stuff

Advice taken and post updated.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shifts.8940

Shifts.8940

For all conjured weapon spells the auto-attack is disabled by default and reverts back to disabled the next time you use the spell if you turn it on.

“Big things have small beginnings” -David

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

For all conjured weapon spells the auto-attack is disabled by default and reverts back to disabled the next time you use the spell if you turn it on.

Not a bug, this is an added feature from the beta. It is however in the suggestion thread that they make it remember it so people have a choice.

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

Evasive Arcana lacks a visual effect when it triggers in water (visual bug). It also doesn’t work at all underwater, which seems pretty poor for a Tier 3 trait.

This got skipped? No visual is a minor bug, I realize, but a bug none-the-less. The fact it doesn’t work underwater may or may not be intended.

To be clear, I am in combat … this is not a product of trying to dodgeroll out of combat.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

This got skipped? No visual is a minor bug, I realize, but a bug none-the-less. The fact it doesn’t work underwater may or may not be intended.

To be clear, I am in combat … this is not a product of trying to dodgeroll out of combat.

Sometimes we can’t edit posts (not sure why this happens) and at the time i was going to add it i couldn’t, when i came back later i forgot about it.

Added it now and i’ve also added it to the suggestion thread incase it’s intended design (as a request for water variants of the attacks).

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

Awesome, I didn’t figure it was intentional.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

(did not read through all posts, sorry if duplicating)

- you can be immobilized while in Mist Form (which is quite hilarious)

- Scepter auto attack in Air attunement will sometimes freeze and the channel animation will go on even without target or your target out of range

- skills set to autocast will sometimes not fire off immediately, even if you respect the (very smartly thought out!) requirements of e.g. being in range to your target for Frozen Burst, or standing still for Earthquake. Skills not firing off immediately sometimes is a general problem and I also mentioned this in the Mesmer bug thread.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trump.9803

Trump.9803

Evasive Arcana Bug – The tooltip says an Earth Dodge will cast Churning Earth, but it instead casts Shockwave despite the animation looking like a Churning Earth. This Shockwave does about 10% of the direct damage of Churning Earth and has no Bleed damage either, so it basically sux.

MajorMelchett,
please add this bug to the list in the OP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seraskus.6810

Seraskus.6810

Blasting Staff (Trait)
The marker circle on the ground doesn’t get bigger in the Staff area attacks (though effect becomes bigger inded)

Lava Font
Time is said to be 6 seconds. It actually lasts for 4-5 seconds. Additionaly theFire Magic trait, which was supposed to “Make area fields of fire last longer by 33%” (probably XI one) does not take any effect as well.

Arcane Resurection
This works fine, yet I think it makes no sence. It would be cool if you would get a shield WHILE resurecting an ally and grant it to him as well (if he isnt yet defeated), so that you can be safer in the proces of bringing him up.
I would suggest changing it this way OR changing the description to point out clearly that you get shield AFTER resurecting him (‘when’ sounds much alike ‘while’)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Endarion Sisko.5094

Endarion Sisko.5094

Vapor Blade:
“Vapor Blade can hit twice (once on the initial path, and once when it returns to you). "
So it should be.

If any obstacle is in front of you or behind your enemy (e.g. a wall), the blade is not coming back (just one hit).
Is that intentional?

Link to game bugs section:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Elementalist-Vapor-Blade/first#content

(edited by Endarion Sisko.5094)

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

Posts updated.

And please remember people if your reporting a new bug please create a thread in the game bug section and link it here so i can add it under the bug report.

Thanks.

in Elementalist

shin.8073

Not sure if you missed it, but here goes again.

Burning Speed
Some times the blast occurs at the beginning of the slide forward, instead of at the end of the slide. This results in a huge chunk of D/D burst gone as the blast will not hit your intended target in a combo.

I have started a thread in the bugs forums here.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

Burning speed post.

I can’t seem to replicate the issue no matter what, for me the blast is always at the very end of the slide.

I’ll add it to the list incase it is an intermitant bug, but i have a feeling that as you say in your thread that it’s most likely lag related – i’ll also put in a bit to request a fix incase it is lag related.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quelen.9231

Quelen.9231

Windborn Dagger looks bugged to me, i can run faster on air attument with Zephyr’s Speed (that gives +10%), with or without dagger/daggers i run at the same speed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

If you have two on-swap sigils equipped, such as Battle and Geomancy, only one will trigger. In the tested case, Battle would trigger on attunement swap, granting Might, but the AoE bleed would never occur (tested using D/D).

in Elementalist

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Air and Earth 1 skills underwater have a tendency to aim incorrectly, aiming just above the target, making them never hit. Moving up and down doesn’t fix anything, it still aims at a point above their head. Sometimes using a different skill will cause it to start aiming properly, but not always.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaximusCub.9183

MaximusCub.9183

Found this the other day.

Rock Barrier (Scepter Ability 2) potential bug: When enabling Rock Barrier, the elementalist’s base armor will increase, but the effective armor stat remains the same.

See the attached screenshot before Rock Barrier on the left and after casting Rock Barrier on the right. Both show effective armor at 461.

Cheers.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Anet, if you’re going to have kitten servers you need to compensate for latency. This is especially gamebreaking for elementalists because of high APM.
First i keep getting “Skill is still recharging” when client side there’s no cooldown left, high occurrences on attunement swapping.
Latency also make playing elementalist terribly annoying because i have to wait the server to switch attunements, wasting a lot of time and having to mash buttons to stuff quickly after the server finally decides to switch them.
So make at least attunement swap client side for seamless gameplay, so i can properly F1 then 2 instead of F1 then 22222222222222222222.

I’m not sure if someone has already pointed this annoying thing, but if something immobilizes elementalist with staff, all “1” skills stop working at all.

This is also absolutely ridiculous.

(edited by DrTenma.7249)

in Elementalist

MaximusCub.9183

DrTenma, your tone is not necessary. How about some politeness? You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

in Elementalist

MajorMelchett.6042

Found this the other day.

Rock Barrier (Scepter Ability 2) potential bug: When enabling Rock Barrier, the elementalist’s base armor will increase, but the effective armor stat remains the same.

See the attached screenshot before Rock Barrier on the left and after casting Rock Barrier on the right. Both show effective armor at 461.

Cheers.

Green stats are your modified stats.

I believe this is working as intended, the effective armor stat as you call it (461) doesn’t get changed by this skill (rock barrier) as it’s a temporary buff, as such it only gets added to the green section stats. To test this, go to an area that is your level (or the mists) and it will show no green stats at all (your shots show a lot of green stats as your in a lower level area).

For example see my attached picture, the left shows my actual stats and the right shows me with rock barrier active..

Attachments:

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

in Elementalist

MaximusCub.9183

Thanks for the explanation Major. This makes a lot more sense now.

So the green stat is actually the “effective” and the right stat is your base stat.

I just got confused because I didn’t take into account the level/area scaling.

in Elementalist

shin.8073

Hey Major, thanks for adding it to the list. I’ve gone back and done further testing, and it would seem that Burning Speed IS indeed blasting at the end of the fire line, however, the line for some reason doesn’t extend the full length, giving the impression that the blast occurs at the start. I’ve attached a screenshot to illustrate what I mean, and will be adding the screenshot to my post in the Bugs forum as well. Could you update the list to include this too please? Thanks!

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yggdrasil.7940

Yggdrasil.7940

Churning Earth : tooltip states that it is a hold & release skill => obviously not the case. The cast is really long (longest of the game !?) and therefore making it difficult to land.

Fire Grab : I have a lot of “miss” with this skill, maybe because I hold RMB when casting to be able to face the target. Really annoying though, cd is pretty long.

Thief/Elementalist – Vizunah Square
What I mean by L2P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Yes Fire grab misses all the time in pvp, what gives? Also I am always RMB turning.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Brynmor.4831

Brynmor.4831

I’ve been noticing that if I am CC’d while a spell animation is going on the spell does no damage. More specifically I am talking about Dragon’s Tooth and Phoenix. Both of these spells have a travel time; Dragon Tooth hangs in the air and Phoenix flies to the target.

So as an example, I cast Dragon’s Tooth on a mob in Cursed Shore, I finish the cast and start casting Phoenix on him, meanwhile the Tooth is hovering above the mob, the mob then knocks me back interrupting my Phoenix cast, meanwhile the Tooth falls on the mob but does no damage. That’s pretty much the scenario.

It’s as if the game treats the spell animation/travel time as part of the cast bar, even though I already finished casting the spell and in fact started casting another. If I get CC’d when the Tooth actually falls or the Phoenix hits the target they do no damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Is it normal that mist form suffers traps damage (not condition) >.>?
for ex. in dungeons like spikes from the floor etc.
Not that logic.

Tested in Ascalonian catacombs story.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

Is it normal that mist form suffers traps damage (not condition) >.>?
for ex. in dungeons like spikes from the floor etc.
Not that logic.

Tested in Ascalonian catacombs story.

I notice that i almost always get hit by arrow cart shots while in mist form.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

Churning Earth : tooltip states that it is a hold & release skill => obviously not the case. The cast is really long (longest of the game !?) and therefore making it difficult to land.

Fire Grab : I have a lot of “miss” with this skill, maybe because I hold RMB when casting to be able to face the target. Really annoying though, cd is pretty long.

For churning earth, use it in combination with lightning flash. Start channelling, then just before it’s done proceed to jump into 5 enemies and impale them onto spikes.

Fire grab is almost a melee skill, and I think also needs line of sight at the same time. As in, you need to be looking at your enemy to hit with it, unlike with some other skills that are castable on the run. Same problem as with dagger lightning autoattack. Lots of misses for apparently no reason.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Healing Rain

Healing Rain lasts 4-5 sec while tooltip says 9sec…

Text Change Request Controversial

I think Arcane Wave and Arcane Blast should exchange their names. They fit better, arcane blast seems a wave is going to the target and arcane wave seems blast around you.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

(edited by rhodoc.2381)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

Yep, I kept mixing them up, and then go "where is my blast finisher when I’m pressing q, oh wait, I loaded up Arcane Blast again…

Healing Rain has been nerfed heavily since BWE2, I guess the tooltips aren’t catching up yet. :P