Elemental bugs/glitches thread.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Air – Glyph of Renewal does not teleport near you if you are 1200metre range. It teleports to half way like 600meters…

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

This bug has been in the game since betas and I will keep posting it until it gets fixed.

Switching to Air attunement while having target selected activates auto-attack. It is very annoying especially when are you trying to run away from mobs, switch to air attunement, character starts attacking the mobs, you are slowed – in combat.

Please fix this already.

Thanks,
Looria

I don’t think that is a bug, when you switch to air attunement Electric Discharge traits activates assuming you put more than 15 points into air attunement. If you did put 15 points into it, then it is not bugged and you need to read your traits.

Electric Discharge has nothing to do with Auto attack automatically starting. Yes, Electic Discharge does lightning damage to target around you when you switch to Air Attunement. But even without ED trait, Chain Lightning engages when you switch to this attunement while having mob targeted.

I have played Ele a lot :p I know it inside out and I know this is a bug because no other attunement does this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Moturdrn.2837

Moturdrn.2837

@Sebulon

Ride the Lightning getting me stuck on the terrain (the “self-stun” as you call it)

Yup, getting quite a few times now where RTL glitches on the ground upon arrival leaving me stuck (unless I use Updraft – though for some reason the normal dodge roll will not work.)

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Visko Bludhaven – Level 80 Human Elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in Elementalist

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Underwater Vortex transformation(?) doesn’t show for me. i don’t see my character or any effects.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calia.1348

Calia.1348

PLEASE- fix this BUG- Sigil of Superior Energy doeas not work on attunnment swaping!! This is very important sice it is disadvantage for us, as we dont have weapons swaps! Please fix Sigils on Attunmennt Swaps!
EDIT: Sigil of Superior Battle does not work too! No Stacks of Might for me!

Testing this today on PvP, and my endurance didnt changed.

(edited by Calia.1348)

in Elementalist

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

tl;dr If the following two are mentioned already, sorry, and remove this post.

The underwater skills Air Bubble and Rock Anchor.
After casting them u automatically continue casting your first skill.
If u hit the target, this breaks/stops the floating or sinking effect.
This pretty much ruins the intended effect of these two skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lord Xaldin.4807

Lord Xaldin.4807

Mist Form makes your traits null in void when you are in mist form, so you won’t receive cooldown bonuses (only seen in other cantrips so far). Mist Form also doesn’t receive a cooldown bonus at all, unlike every other cantrip.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Diabolos.5493

Diabolos.5493

The #8 Trait in Air Magic “Inscription” Gives you a boon every time you use a Glyph. This however does not work with the Elite Skill “Glyph of Elements”. I am glad to see that the 20% Glyph reduced cool-down Trait now works properly with Glyph of Elements but now it needs to work properly with the “Inscription” Trait as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Token.5967

Token.5967

Not sure if this is a bug or intended.

updraft makes you roll away from your target, no matter which way you are actually facing. For example if my target is behind me ill roll forward or if my opponent is to my side ill roll sideways away from the target.

Not sure if this is the intended effect or if your always supposed to roll backwards.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaPala.5346

DaPala.5346

I noticed if you cast shatterstone of DT and are knocked down while the spell explodes, it often deals no damage at all!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Any word from Arena Net on whether Elementalist will get ANY focus at all? I keep posting in game bug reports about the various traits and things that just don’t work properly. Can we have some feedback from Arena Net on whether these bugs will be fixed? Or are you still concentrating on fixing other classes first? I notice the Necro seems to be getting fixes and Elementalist are in a FAR worse state than Necros. Getting very frustrated with the lack of progress.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

There’s supposedly a big patch planned for the beginning of October so let’s see if it holds anything more concrete for the class. However looking at the overall state of the game I think we may have to wait longer for some proper attention.

As much as I was looking forward to the September release, having taken part since BWE 1 I’m sad to say the game was not ready for release. I don’t understand why they didn’t allow npc levelling so we could test the higher level zones instead of getting to replay everything from lvl 1 – 50 (+-) during Beta.

I’ve asked for communication in two threads devoted to that specific topic but have not heard a single official response apart from CC Eva saying that they are aware of the complaints we’ve made.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Bugs are part of major release especially of games in this scope. Even if the game wasn’t ready for release, crying about it now isn’t going tot change anything. If you have issues with bugs (we all do btw) but are not willing to deal with don’t buy an mmo until 3 months after its release.

elementalist only has a few bugs as compared to the necromancer and none of the elementalist bugs are class breaking. Also based on statement made by Jon, don’t bother expecting any balances for a LONG while.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: spreadsheets.9805

spreadsheets.9805

Glyph of Renewal (general)
This skill can revive defeated players. No other skill can do that so I’m assuming it’s a bug.
Also, the earth attunement version sometimes rezzes all 3 players at full health. No idea if it’s related to switching attunements or whatever.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Bugs are part of major release especially of games in this scope. Even if the game wasn’t ready for release, crying about it now isn’t going tot change anything. If you have issues with bugs (we all do btw) but are not willing to deal with don’t buy an mmo until 3 months after its release.

elementalist only has a few bugs as compared to the necromancer and none of the elementalist bugs are class breaking. Also based on statement made by Jon, don’t bother expecting any balances for a LONG while.

So getting rooted to the spot when Ride the Lightning bugs out is not class breaking? Or trait’s not applying bonuses in various areas not class breaking? What about the various abilities that just don’t work…I guess they are not class breaking either, right?

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

So getting rooted to the spot when Ride the Lightning bugs out is not class breaking? Or trait’s not applying bonuses in various areas not class breaking? What about the various abilities that just don’t work…I guess they are not class breaking either, right?

All those are just inconveniences, also RLT bug sucks but it is not that bad (not saying I don’t want it fixed), but it doesn’t really affect me in a major way and thus not a class breaking. class breaking means, the class just doesn’t work AT ALL, the elementalist is not in this category (again I like to say I would love for these to be fixed asap, but they are not class breaking). All your issues can be avoid by using a different option for traits or weapons. I still use RLT all the time so and I adjusted my playstyle to account for the minor broken traits. Either ways, our issues are far less than necromancer just fyi.

I don’t expect you to agree and i m probably going to bow out since this thread is getting derailed. So don’t bother replying to me, you wont convince me (i suspect i wont either).

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rias.6872

rias.6872

Staff’s Chain Lightning in Air attunement is bugged in TA.

Elementalist’s chain lightning skill miss/obstructed bugs when killing flowers in TA dungeon.

It seems most flowers CANNOT be targeted by the chain lightning. I can be beside the flower and I still get “obstructed” pop ups. If the lightning does it, it bounces of 3 targets nicely. The issue is getting the first lightning to actually hit.

Xrande – Darkhaven Server
Circle of Kakis Guild
GMT +8 Asian Timezone – We are Recruiting! Weekly WvW and Dungeons!

in Elementalist

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

can anybody confirm if there is problems with the talents:

Arcane precision: iv never seen a random condition applied

Burning Precision: this worked in beta for me but now it never procs.

Thoughts: im using a sigil of fire that has an on crit chance, this could be causing issues? i might try with a different weapon.

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Airala.8629

Airala.8629

I’m not 100% sure if this is a bug or not, but it deals with:
Glyph of Lesser Elementals
Glyph of Elementals

Glyph of Lesser seems to work as intended – I cast it, it’s locked for 60 seconds while the elemental is alive for 60 seconds and it cools down in 60 seconds.

But then, the other one – I cast it, it’s locked for 96 seconds while the elemental is alive for only 60 seconds and it cools down in 96 seconds.

Is the lock and the cool down supposed to be the same like that? I thought the lock lasted equal to the duration, not the cool down – am I mistaken?

Also, Elite Glyph does not give the associated boon like Lesser does.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcane.4950

Arcane.4950

Fire and Air attacks do not break the windows in the clocktower in sPvP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RakaNishoo.6071

RakaNishoo.6071

I noted there are not many scepter/focus issues listed in this thread so I started testing and found out some bugs/glitches or weird behavior. I also found some skills extremally weak (As, extra large cooldown with very poor effect compared to other similar skills doing same effect) and I have suspecions that these do not work as intended.

So, here goes my list:

Scepter
[Fire]
Flamestrike

• No bugs, but very uncommon casting time. 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 s. Shouldn’ kitten be 2s or 1s?

Dragon’s Tooth

• Blast finisher happens at the start of casting in the place where caster is standing, instead when tooth lands and where it lands.
  • I believe radius is actually larger than listed on the skill description. Unless It was just lag.

Phoenix

• Vigor is given for 5s instead of 10s

[Water]
Shatterstone

• This skill is incredibly weird. It is either instant or casted very fast, but then for 2 seconds your character can’t cast other spells. You can dodge roll and run away, but not cast. It is impossible to interrupt and your character is just disabled from combat for entire 2 seconds. Either make this skill channeled or unblock my character so that I can cast.
  • This bug makes DPS in water lower than it should be.

[Air]
Arc Lightning

• It should be noted that this skill is channeled.
  • What is duration in the description? It states -> 3s. But the skill casts for over 4 seconds. During that time it ticks 10 times. 3 times for stage 1 damage, 3 times for stage 2 damage and at lest 3 times for stage 3 damage. I’m not sure what damage the 10th tick does. Is it stage 1 or 3 or random.
  • Skill description should be improved
  • I believe this skill limits the intended DPS of Scepter’s Air magic DPS. 10 ticks should happen over 3s.

Lightning Strike and Blinding Flash

• It is shame that it is not visible from description that these skills are instant. I think the cast times should be added to all skill descriptions or these skills should have that fact noted.

[Earth]
Stone Shards

• Missing info that this is channeled skill.
  • No consistency with Arc Lightning -> channel duration should be noted.

Rock Barrier/Hurl

• Visuals: The amount of rocks summoned is random. From 0 to 5. Each character sees different amount. (Example: I saw 0, my friend saw 1). Although effect description states I have 5 rocks.
  • Mechanics: The skill does no damage to surrounding foes -> description on the buff is wrong.
  • Description: It is not obvious and not stated directly why there is counter on the skill and when it is depleted. Does the skill ends when stones are destroyed? How these can be destroyed? I assume each hit destroys 1 stone, and after that I’m somehow defenseless?
  • This skill recharge on tooltip is wrong. When the skill ends it is immediately recharged. The recharge is only applied when one uses Hurl
  • Hurl -> I again have problems with how this works. There is short cast time, but the skill effect is long lasting. The rocks are hurled one at a time. This is especially bad looking/confusing when one is casting auto-attack. Shouldn’ kitten be channeled skill?
  • Hurl -> Damage done is incorrect. The damage in skill’s description scales with power and weapon damage, but the actual damage done -> no. (Example: character with 916 power, lvl 80, with no armor and no amulet, on pvp, with steady PvP scepter (112 weapon damage) deals to Medium armor random amount of damage (70-75) despite listed 13 on skill description. After equipping pvp scepter , damage listed on skill increases greatly, damage done -> not.

(edited by RakaNishoo.6071)

in Elementalist

Posted by: RakaNishoo.6071

RakaNishoo.6071

Focus

[Fire]
Flamewall

• Inconsistent with Ranger’s Bonefire with similar effect. Damage there is summed, while here is not.
  • Hard to find that small combo field with so low dmg per tick. (I mean, it’s listed on Fire Attunement -> Heavy Damage. I believe standing in such small aoe should be more punishing.)
  • Right now it doesn’t discourage players from crossing it. (1s burn → 300dmg + 100kish dmg for hit).
  • It is now used more as combo field than for the damage which is the shame.

Fire Shield

• I believe this should actually burn foes that touch you. Instead it burns foes that hit you.
  • Given the above it is extremally not usefull. Giving 1s burn (328 damage) per hit leaves it somewhere near the retaliation boon. However, the shield lasts for 3s and that time is so low, that on weaker mobs in pve you are often not attacked at all during that short period of time. Or attacked once, for the burn.
  • Given the above the 40s recharge on this skill is funny.
  • Compared to other Auras -> Frost (7s duration, 2s chill, 40s recharge), Magnetic (5s reflect, 30s recharge) , Shocking (5s, 1s stun!, 25s recharge) it is pathetic.
  • This leads me to thinking it doesn’t work as intended.

[Earth]
Magnetic Wave

• Visual: The skill lasts for 3s but this is not visible graphically.

Obsidian Flesh

• Suffers from the same bug that all skills gaining invulnerability. You are NOT invulnerable. You can gain conditions and you get damage from them. Instead you should loose all conditions, or at least not get damage when it lasts.

(edited by RakaNishoo.6071)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calia.1348

Calia.1348

Aracen trait “Arcane Energy” does not work with signet of Restoration. It should give 25% enduracne when using arcane and signet skills, but it does not work with signet above. Works fine with arcane skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

Fire Shield

• I believe this should actually burn foes that touch you. Instead it burns foes that hit you.
  • Given the above it is extremally not usefull. Giving 1s burn (328 damage) per hit leaves it somewhere near the retaliation boon. However, the shield lasts for 3s and that time is so low, that on weaker mobs in pve you are often not attacked at all during that short period of time. Or attacked once, for the burn.
  • Given the above the 40s recharge on this skill is funny.
  • Compared to other Auras -> Frost (7s duration, 2s chill, 40s recharge), Magnetic (5s reflect, 30s recharge) , Shocking (5s, 1s stun!, 25s recharge) it is pathetic.
  • This leads me to thinking it doesn’t work as intended.

I think the weakness of the fire shield ability might have something to do with the Fire’s Embrace trait. When using any signet skill makes a fire shield around you, it has become a somewhat spammable skill with the trait on. :/

… though quite frankly, the only reason to spam this skill is if you’ve got other traits on that gives you fury/swiftness/protection along with the aura. As it is, it’s not even worth spamming this skill without the extra boons, lol.

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Scepter Water – Freezing gust granting only 2s chill and not 3s

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

Earth Trident skill 3 – everytime you pull yourself to the enemy all your earth skills go on a 1s CD leaving you vulnerable

Water trident skill 5 – when you use the water rush,at the end of the animation your character will freeze for 1/2s , cannot move or cast during that time, I’m sure that is not intended

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

There seems to be a glitch in PvP causing you to contribute almost nothing to your team, I’ve managed to recreate the bug each and every match, but still can’t figure out exactly how…

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

- Cleansing Fire : it doesn’t break stun and when you’re kded it doesn’t work either

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tranpanzer.7148

Tranpanzer.7148

Glyph of Renewal (general)
This skill can revive defeated players. No other skill can do that so I’m assuming it’s a bug.
Also, the earth attunement version sometimes rezzes all 3 players at full health. No idea if it’s related to switching attunements or whatever.

It does not revive defeated players in sPvP for me. So either this is a bug or what you just said.
It’s very useful with Earth Attunement in WvWvW. Would be great in sPvP too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

PLEASE- fix this BUG- Sigil of Superior Energy doeas not work on attunnment swaping!! This is very important sice it is disadvantage for us, as we dont have weapons swaps! Please fix Sigils on Attunmennt Swaps!

Were you in combat when you tested this? Energy at least was working for me recently.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maelstrom.2690

Maelstrom.2690

The Scepter Ability Stone Shards does not apply the trait Zephyr’s Focus.

On the wiki, it lists this as a Channeling skill but I do not get the buff while using it. I have confirmed that the lightning channeling ability does get the buff.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Channeled

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Lightning flash isn’t breaking immobilization, it warps you but you still have the remaining condition duration.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tranpanzer.7148

Tranpanzer.7148

Lightning flash isn’t breaking immobilization, it warps you but you still have the remaining condition duration.

I would assume this is working as intended, since all Cantrips break Stun and not Immobilisation. Even though the “Breaks Stun” symbol is clearly a symbol which looks like it would break Immobilisation* which is very confusing.

(Immobilisation is a chain symbol, while Break Immobilisation is the same symbol but the chain is broken)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

The cooldown for mist form with the trait, cantrip mastery, is still 75 seconds. It says 60 seconds in the tool tip, but it still takes 75 seconds to come off cooldown.

Healing Rain only lastst 4,5 seconds while description says 9

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Danyphantom.9725

Danyphantom.9725

Cantrip Mastery trait in water does not reduce the recharge on mist form, despite the tooltip indicating that it does.

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

PLEASE START POSTING BUGS IN THIS THREAD. —→ clickie

This one is no longer being updated by the OP! I have asked for a replacement sticky but no dice yet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Conjure Weapons don’t inherit stats from the main weapon, making them deal less damage than the normal weapon’s attacks (and thus, useless).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

There seems to be a bug with skill 1 from Conjured Frost Bow. The damage is the same as with Staff Water attunement skill 1 (around 158 for me at lv80), meaning it is very low, but the Staff skill 1 also heals for more than double its damage to offset that. The Frost Bow skill 1 however heals for 15 (yes 15), which I assume must be a bug.

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

[Air]
Arc Lightning

• It should be noted that this skill is channeled.
  • What is duration in the description? It states -> 3s. But the skill casts for over 4 seconds. During that time it ticks 10 times. 3 times for stage 1 damage, 3 times for stage 2 damage and at lest 3 times for stage 3 damage. I’m not sure what damage the 10th tick does. Is it stage 1 or 3 or random.

Are you certain this has nothing to do with the bug where the animation continues after the cast finishes? (I’m not saying it is, I’m asking you to doublecheck because I still have a backlog of things to test, lol).

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

The Frost Bow skill 1 however heals for 15 (yes 15), which I assume must be a bug.

Last time I tested this the tooltip read only 15 but in actuality it healed for more. Did you try it in combat?

ALSO:

PLEASE START POSTING BUGS IN THIS THREAD. —-> clickie

This one is no longer being updated by the OP! I have asked for a replacement sticky but no dice yet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PowerGamer.2874

PowerGamer.2874

After entering Mist Form you can also be stunned which probably is not intended. That happened to me several times on Mark T-B34RC3 boss in Crucible of Eternity that drops circle AoE (similar to Ele staff lightning skill 5) that stuns. (I die, go Mist Form, make a few steps, boss drops that AoE on me and I am stunned in Mist Form with “daze” visual effect on top of me and being unable to move).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

Sigils work but they all require you to be in combat for some reason.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

Previous

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone,

you can find a new, updated thread regarding Elemental Bugs and Glitches here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/NEW-Elementalist-bugs-and-glitches-thread

Please use the linked thread instead, because this one is closed.

Greetings