Elementalist Bugs/Glitches Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I should have meant giving regeneration through the combo field, my mistake. Will update that bit to clarify. Regardless, the trait tooltip needs to be updated.

I was responding to this talk about cleansing waters.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh Mitchell.1596

Josh Mitchell.1596

No worries.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

Lava font is supposed to receive a 30% fire field duration extension, which it does not. I am not referring to damage ticks in this instance. The duration is 4 seconds with or without the trait slotted. The DoT should stop but the fire field should remain to combo for an additional 1.2 seconds.

Works for lava font afaik. It gives 5 ticks of damage. Also with this trait, it is also possible to blast lava font by casting eruption after.

By blast, I meant to use the blast finisher from eruption (earth 2). I’m sure most staff elementalists are used to casting eruption first then lava font, but this trait along with the recent changes allow you to do it the other way around if you’re fast enough.

(edited by Adastra.9821)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

I think “channeled” means skills that start doing damage before the “cast” is completed thus making it a “channel” instead of a “cast”.

Examples would be Scepter Air 1 and Scepter Earth 1. Staff Fire 5 should also come under this category.

I still think the traits are bugged not to affect all the channels. We really should get a DEV reply on this.

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

(edited by Demon.5082)

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

Lava font is supposed to receive a 30% fire field duration extension, which it does not. I am not referring to damage ticks in this instance. The duration is 4 seconds with or without the trait slotted. The DoT should stop but the fire field should remain to combo for an additional 1.2 seconds.

Works for lava font afaik. It gives 5 ticks of damage. Also with this trait, it is also possible to blast lava font by casting eruption after.

By blast, I meant to use the blast finisher from eruption (earth 2). I’m sure most staff elementalists are used to casting eruption first then lava font, but this trait along with the recent changes allow you to do it the other way around if you’re fast enough.

Ah I see now. Had a chance to test in PvP. It does receive a duration increase so you can combo eruption after, but the increase is not to 5.2 seconds and the tooltip is not updated.

Also, upon further testing, the fire combo field from Arcane Abatement does not receive a 30% duration increase. It does grant fury per the trait, however.

@ Demon: I think you mean Scepter Air 1 / Scepter Earth 1. Additionally, some channel skills cause the effect tooltip icon to pop up where others do not.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

Ah I see now. Had a chance to test in PvP. It does receive a duration increase so you can combo eruption after, but the increase is not to 5.2 seconds and the tooltip is not updated.

Also, upon further testing, the fire combo field from Arcane Abatement does not receive a 30% duration increase. It does grant fury per the trait, however.

@ Demon: I think you mean Scepter Air 1 / Scepter Earth 1. Additionally, some channel skills cause the effect tooltip icon to pop up where others do not.

Yea I meant those. Stupid Iphone numbers …

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Some MODERATOR should really sticky this thread.

(edited by Aether McLoud.1975)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZDBioHazard.8246

ZDBioHazard.8246

With Arcane Abatement, when I hit the ground in Water Attunement, nothing seems to happen. The description says it should be casting Cleansing Wave, but there’s no water-looking animation (I do get a generic “cracked ground” animation though.), no healing, no condition clear. I want to say it used to work months ago when I first took Arcane Abatement, but I can’t say for certain.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was disabled because you used to be able to glitch down some stairs or a slope and proc AA tons of times, which would be crazy for an AoE heal/condition clear, but I don’t know why it’s still there in the description, and AA seems to have at least a short internal cooldown now anyway.

Ara Daybreak [GT] – Charr Elementalist – Henge of Denravi

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

Edit: I did want to mention that I am adding Vapor Form to the bugs list, as when you rally while in Vapor Form it has buggy effects/trait interactions.

@ ZDBioHazard: AA water cleanses a condition? I thought it was water dagger 5’s spell that was cast when hitting the ground in water attunement?

I know it does have an internal cooldown that procs and is not listed in the tooltip, but let me check it in PvE/PvP in water attunement and get back to you about it.

@ Aether McLoud: I reported this topic a week ago for sticky and am waiting for a response.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

@ ZDBioHazard: AA water cleanses a condition? I thought it was water dagger 5’s spell that was cast when hitting the ground in water attunement?

Dagger Water 5 heals and cleanses a condition so the water spell from taking falling damage should too theoretically.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

Ah yes. So it does. I have noticed that water AA sometimes does not animate properly or cleanse a condition but the fall damage reduction does proc. Same with other attunements. Fall reductions procs but spell effects are on an ICD.

(edited by Josh Mitchell.1596)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

you can remove arcane power from the list, bugs with it were indeed fixed and only thing remaining is it’s wierd mechanic of losing charge with every instance of damage.

Also, endurance regen not stacking is not a bug, maximum amount it can be increased is 100% (vigor). up to that point they should stack though.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I wish Anet would fix our bugs before nerfing things left right and center (exaggerated I know). They pushed fresh air, bugged it, fixed it straight away. Yet they are trying to move us from our Water Arcane specs and our cantrip builds but haven’t fixed the other skills yet.

How about since you pushed up the cd on Air signet (and bugged it) you reduce the cd on earth or water signet (or make the water signet remove a condition + chill on use at least).

And while your there, even though its not technically bugged, fix the focus so people will use it over /d for bunker builds.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

@ Strang: Endurance should be regenerating at +100%, then, which it does not. Vigorous scepter only gives +50%; they should stack to 100%.

Arcane Power is staying on the list due to issues regarding skills that inflict conditions using more than one charge.

@ TGSlasher: Is fresh air still bugged in PvP? Have not had the opportunity to test it there. It’s still bugged in PvE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Batmang.5421

Batmang.5421

Ride the lightning procs sigil of hydromancy. I’ve only tested in pvp but this bug has been there since release afaik.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

@ Batmang: Yeah that also sometimes occurs when conjures run out of time or charges while in combat. I’ve not seen it occur on returning from Mist Form, Tornado, or Whirlpool, myself. I will take a look at other swap sigils as well. Thanks for the report!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

If i remember correctly leaving a transfotmation counts as a weapon swap

in Elementalist

Posted by: XcmGT.3847

XcmGT.3847

I run a 0/10/0/30/30 spec and I swap from D/D and Staff in WvW a lot when I go from solo roam to group play. I noticed that when I swap two traits in Arcane switch spots. In the first spot, I have V Elemental Attunement and VI Renewing Stamina. However, when I swap to staff and go change VI to VIII Blasting staff the Elemental Attunement and Renewing Stamina have switched positions. Therefore, VI is in the 10 trait spot and V is in the 20. I was not sure if anyone else noticed it…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

anyone else getting the bug with burning speed and rtl?

If you use either burning speed or rtl while holding down the forward movement key, after the animation ends, you have to repress the forward movement key to continue to run forward…?

not sure if its a combination of key presses at the same time during or right before animations but its happened several times. Its gotten to the point where i just dodge roll automatically now to prevent myself from standing still.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

@ XcmGT: That is a general issue with the Trait UI. It can be annoying especially in WvW when swapping traits.

@ Treborlavok: Yes, this has also been an issue on and off since launch. I will definitely add this to the list.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

If i remember correctly leaving a transfotmation counts as a weapon swap

I believe so!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: dukevonart.2691

dukevonart.2691

Thought I’d add some things that I remembered being buggy, but haven’t noticed being addressed here. I have not tested any of these except at the time that I noticed them, which varied, so double checking them would be appreciated.

Staff

Meteor Shower: visual, meteors continue for a longer duration than the actual damage.

Gust: functional, inconsistent z-axis targeting. (In the same manner as Fire Grab.)

Eruption: functional, damage not being dealt if hard cc’d during the wait time after the cast time. (In the same manner as Ice Spike and Dragon’s Tooth, as mentioned already.)

Shockwave: functional, inconsistent z-axis targeting.

Scepter

Phoenix: functional, inconsistent z-axis targeting issues

Shatterstone: functional, damage not being dealt if hard cc’d during the wait time after the cast time.

Stone Shards: functional, does not benefit from trait Zephyr’s Focus trait.

Dagger/Dagger

Vapor Blade: functional, walls can cancel the return hit. (perhaps intentional?)

Lightning Touch: functional, inconsistent z-axis targeting issues.

Traits

Cleansing Water: last time I tested this it cleansed a condition with the regeneration granted by swapping to water through the Elemental Attunement trait. I’m fairly certain I didn’t have Cleansing Wave traited at the time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Stone Shards doesn’t work with auto attacking in PvE.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

@ Strang: Endurance should be regenerating at +100%, then, which it does not. Vigorous scepter only gives +50%; they should stack to 100%.

Arcane Power is staying on the list due to issues regarding skills that inflict conditions using more than one charge.

@ TGSlasher: Is fresh air still bugged in PvP? Have not had the opportunity to test it there. It’s still bugged in PvE.

Dunno, haven’t used it in ages. Haven’t really played in a week either, been playing War Thunder instead, patiently waiting for focus fixes since release, looks like the patients has run out.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Maybe you should have made this on the bug forum. Shame to see some of these bug still here since release. Hopefully we can get some fixes with this 2 week update (instead of monthly update). I’m sure the devs said they could push updates whenever they wanted so I’m not sure why we have to wait 2 weeks at a time.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

@ dukevonart: I have been able to replicate the issues with both Shatterstone and Eruption. I will add both to the list.

Outside of fire grab, I did not copy over Z-axis targeting issues from the previous bug thread, but I will check them again and update as necessary.

As for Cleansing Water (Water XI), it should remove 1 condition if Elemental Attunement (Arcane V) is slotted and you swap to water. This is intended, since swapping to water while Arcane V is traited grants regeneration.

Vapor Blade and all other returning projectiles halt and do not return when they hit a wall. That is intended.

Meteor shower’s animation was updated in the previous patch, but I also have noticed that it still is not properly animating in combat.

Thanks for all the reports!

@ Malcastus: Tested this morning, I could not replicate the issue with Stone Shards and auto attacking.

@ TGSlasher: Yeah fresh air is still bugged in PvE as of this morning.

The moderator who closed the previous thread wanted this thread to be recreated and maintained in this forum, so I started it here.

in Elementalist

dukevonart.2691

@Josh Mitchell: My comment regarding Cleansing Water was actually targeted at it not procing underwater for most regeneration sources.

Thanks for checking the z-axis issues, I hadn’t had trouble with them recently but had some trouble in the past.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

Oh okay. Yes, it does have trouble with Undercurrent mostly.

No problem. I’ve also noticed that Lava Axe 1 is seldom buggy with the z-axis as well.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

Removing function issues that are currently in-combat only traits.

I’m not sure if these are considered targeting bugs: gap closers that do not hone in at all or consistently. (Burning Speed / Tidal Wave)

in Elementalist

dukevonart.2691

In regards to Glyph of Elemental Power, Vapor Blade also returns the burning effect.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cosmic.2150

Cosmic.2150

Mist form allows condition damage to continue to tick on the ele…. anyone know if this is a bug or intentional? Just started noticing it on the Zephyr patch release (mid-June).

The Whitepuffs – SoR [HL]

in Elementalist

dukevonart.2691

Mist form allows condition damage to continue to tick on the ele…. anyone know if this is a bug or intentional? Just started noticing it on the Zephyr patch release (mid-June).

Intentional, invulnerability just prevents attacks from hitting while it is up. It does nothing in regards to attacks that have already connected and the effects of those attacks.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

If you changed out of a 30 water build you may have noticed, as with the cantrips give regen trait and the regen cleanses 1 condition previously you might have removed a condition that now stays.

It is intentional though. Invunerablities prevent future damage while active, they do not prevent current conditions.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

In regards to Glyph of Elemental Power, Vapor Blade also returns the burning effect.

I am surprised how buggy this Glyph is! Thanks for the report.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

List has been updated as of Aug 7th for August 6th patch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razgriz.7319

Razgriz.7319

I’m not sure if these are considered targeting bugs: gap closers that do not hone in at all or consistently. (Burning Speed / Tidal Wave)

Burning Speed and Tidal Wave are not actually targeted spells. They simply move you forward depending on your character’s orientation.

~ 80 Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razgriz.7319

Razgriz.7319

Arcane PowerFunction Issue/Tooltip Issue
Uses more than one charge for skills that inflict conditions or damage over time (Noticeable with Burning Speed and Churning Earth). Intended?

I can’t answer whether this is intended behaviour or not, but I can shed some light on why it probably occurs for Burning Speed from a technical perspective.

Burning speed seems to be a composite of two spells, the wall and the blast. You can see this by the interaction between Blind and Burning Speed. Lets use a duel between an s/d ele and a d/d ele. The d/d ele casts burning speed and the s/d ele casts blinding flash to mitigate damage. One of two things occur. In one case, the burning speed misses entirely. In the other it hits and the blind seems to do nothing. What actually happens in the second case is that the s/d ele “blinded” the wall portion of the spell, which ate up the blind.

If we look at it this way then Arcane Power is functioning correctly as there are two components of damage.

Edit: it would also be helpful if you combined the hydromancy bug in the first post with the one in the later post.

Keep up the good work

~ 80 Elementalist

(edited by Razgriz.7319)

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Arcane PowerFunction Issue/Tooltip Issue
Uses more than one charge for skills that inflict conditions or damage over time (Noticeable with Burning Speed and Churning Earth). Intended?

While I like to keep cool things to myself, here is a bug I have noticed (in interest of fair game).

When using Arcane Power with frost bow 3, it will work for all 7 charges.
This is notable by using Arcane Power with the trait: Elemental Surge. When using frost bow 3 in fire with Arcane Power activated it will apply 7×5 seconds of burning, instead of 5×5 as it should.

Not sure if intended.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Minor bug: When reviving a player, if you swap attunements you will stand up in ready combat motion but still channel the revive. Animation bug.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ele Of Yo.6253

Ele Of Yo.6253

Conjure bugs (except elites) If getting rupted while casting, goes on full cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I have had several experiences with earth auto attack not auto casting lately. This occured in PvE.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

@ Razgriz: I noticed that Tidal wave will sometimes move toward your target if you have someone targeted or just move forward regardless of your orientation. I know burning speed has never moved toward your actual target, but thought it may be worth mentioning.

Regarding Arcane power: Perhaps they are separated into two separate spells; I may just leave this up as a tooltip issue.

The Sigil of Hydromancy is listed twice because bugs in the top post affect all professions but also affect Eles (E.g. Mesmers can have get the heal bug when healing through a blink, any class can proc sigil of hydromancy when picking up a conjured weapon, Necros also lose certain PvE disguises if transformed)

@ TGSlasher: This is why I have trust issues. j/k
I find it interesting that it procs once, probably as that is considered a single spread attack. I think the 7×5 burning is interesting, since those each count as separate attacks and don’t factor into AoE limit but are under a single umbrella attack. 7×5 burning + the condi increase from the bow would make for an interesting build to say the least, but you have to be on top of your opponent to proc 7×5. I’m not sure if that is intended, as Meteor Shower/Chain Lightning/etc. are also single skills and do not work the same way with Arcane Power/Elemental Surge, to my knowledge.

@ Zelyhn: YES! I forgot to include that when making this thread. Thanks for the report!

@ Ele of Yo: I noticed this once after the most recent patch. Glad to know other people are also experiencing it. Thanks for the report.

@ Malcastus: When specifically are you encountering auto’ing issues in Earth Attunement? When you are already in combat and switch to earth? Just entering combat? Entering combat without pressing any skills? I could not replicate this personally but if you or someone else could get back to me that would be great.

Edit: I have tested all weapon combinations in Earth attunement AND switching to Earth after starting in another attunement. I am auto-attacking as I should be when I have Earth 1 set to auto cast. (Ctrl + Mouse 2)

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

Oh! I also wanted to make a note that I am updating the delayed damage skills (Dragon’s Tooth, Ice Spike, Shatterstone, & Eruption) to include that they do not deal damage if you go into a downed state in combat after the cast bar has left the screen but before the skill finishes animating. If any of you can replicate this and let me know that you’re also experiencing this issue that would be excellent.

I also have updated the thread to include all reports up to this point and to also note that Fresh Air is still bugged in PvE and that Arcane Lightning has no associated active UI icon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

Don’t know if this is a bug (hope it is) but i can just got feared while in mist form.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

@ TGSlasher: This is why I have trust issues. j/k
I find it interesting that it procs once, probably as that is considered a single spread attack. I think the 7×5 burning is interesting, since those each count as separate attacks and don’t factor into AoE limit but are under a single umbrella attack. 7×5 burning + the condi increase from the bow would make for an interesting build to say the least, but you have to be on top of your opponent to proc 7×5. I’m not sure if that is intended, as Meteor Shower/Chain Lightning/etc. are also single skills and do not work the same way with Arcane Power/Elemental Surge, to my knowledge.

Yea, if you can land the Deep Freeze getting point blank should be no problem. However, due to it being a condition meta, so many enemies run with condition cleanse and a 35 second burn would be wiped away quickly.

in Elementalist

Josh Mitchell.1596

Don’t know if this is a bug (hope it is) but i can just got feared while in mist form.

Yes it has been noted as a bug by the Devs and it is not an intended issue. I just now had a chance to update it in the main post. Thanks.

@ TGSlasher: Yeah 35 seconds of burning most likely wouldn’t last the full duration.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Scepter
Dragon’s Tooth — Function Issue
Deals no damage if player has been stunned, feared, knocked down, or downed in combat after the cast bar has left the screen but before the tooth lands.

This bug is so stupid, the amount of times a get a perfect D/T then get interrupted, interrupting my current action AND my dragon tooth that I have paid full cost for an used a skillful method to actually have the enemy below it.

Can we have some bug fixes in the patches please Anet? Some of these things have been bugged since release. Your meta cannot advance this way. Eventually you will fix all the current bugs and have all sorts of other balance issues on your hands. You push forward balance changes and class reworks every month but don’t seem to push the bug fixes. Are these bugs extremely hard to fix, or do you prioritize giving Necros burning (for example).

Thankyou for you time, if you read here, but lets have some bug fixes and see what happens (also lessen spirit rangers, or make them require some skill).

in Elementalist

dukevonart.2691

Scepter
Deals no damage if player has been stunned, feared, knocked down, or downed in combat after the cast bar has left the screen but before the tooth lands.

Just as a heads up, this bug is already on the list and also applies to Ice Spike, Eruption, and Shatterstone, in addition to Dragon’s Tooth.

An additional thing to keep in mind is to try and keep the ranting in this thread to a minimum so that maybe this thread will get stickied. (Though I agree with you that this needs to be fixed.)

in Elementalist

Adastra.9821

Scepter

Just as a heads up, this bug is already on the list and also applies to Ice Spike, Eruption, and Shatterstone, in addition to Dragon’s Tooth.

An additional thing to keep in mind is to try and keep the ranting in this thread to a minimum so that maybe this thread will get stickied. (Though I agree with you that this needs to be fixed.)

Because he obvious did not copy paste from the OP right? A bit of on-topic ranting is all right; what’s important is the OP is updated and doesn’t contain stuff like burning speed homing in on targets.

in Elementalist

Adastra.9821

Whirlpool — Function Issue
There is no stability granted as with its on land equivalent.