Elementalist Builds

Elementalist Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: nayobe.7031

nayobe.7031

I just wanted to share my build with others having difficulty with their Ele.
This build is nice for PVE/PVP and has a lot of flexibility survivability.

Basically you need these trait points:

10 EARTH -> Earth’s Embrace – Gain armor of Earth @ 50% health. This talent saves your butt.

5 WATER -> Soothing Mist – Switch to water when low on health to get a regen.

10 ARCANE (10 points minimum in arcane are a must imo)- Final Shielding – Create an Arcane Shield @ 25% Health. – This Trait is win.

These 25 points make such a difference in survivability! The rest of your points are a matter of preference. I usually put my points in fire and 10 in Lightning for the run speed boost when I need to haulkitten.

For Slot Skills:

Healing: Glyph of Elemental Harmony (the boons are nice).
Utils: Arcane Blast and Arcane Wave – Good for setting up combos.
Arcane Shield – Survivability.
Elite Skill: Summon Greater Elemental – Nice for Earth Elemental tanking (pve).

I’ve been reading a lot of feedback on the Elementalist and it seems that some players think that if you put the majority of your traits in one Element, you need to stay attuned to that Element to be most effective. I don’t think that’s how Elementalist was meant to be played. To use your full potential, you need to adapt to situations and switch Attunements. We are not Fire mages, or Earth Mages – we are Elemenatlists, We master all the Elements!
Just my .02 cents.

Feel free to post your builds/slot combos

Elementalist Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

If I attune outside of Water for 6 seconds (30 Arcane, 30 Water→ Blasting staff for Rain, Geysir and Frozen ground + all around regeneration) people start swearing at me and kick me out of dungeon …
(I say it’s for they good, but I’m kicked faster then I can spell : It’s for yo….)

Hun …they wan’t us for our support/healing, they don’t care about added 200 dmg out of 40 000 Boss HP

We are Water Elementalist, nothing more ( the rest is useless), and I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to use my favorite element all the time XD, Silly me

I just hoped it would be for DMG, not healing …oh well, at least we have 1 dmg skill

Elementalist Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

I don’t agree with you (when talking about PvP traits):

@10 Earth: Yes, Earth’s Embrace is nice 2 have… but there are only few builds with enough points left to afford 10 points in earth.
@10 Arcana: You should always get these 10 points! But not for arcane shield but @Elemental Attunement. It’s simply the strongest elementalist trait.
5 Water: I’d always get 10 points in Water… otherwise you will usually have too few conditionremove. And since you’ve already gotten 10 points in Water… lets get another 5 and make it 15 for the strong heal when attuning to Water.

My “must have traits” are:
10 Arcana: Elemental Attunement.
10 Water: Condition remove.

Elementalist Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gizzox.7491

Gizzox.7491

30-25-0-15-0 works for me…3300power 59%crit chance
chill, do the earth slow thingy, electro cage + nuke the kitten out of them on the way >_<’
no1 left standing…

Elementalist Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: KOTOKO.5107

KOTOKO.5107

Funny, my party swears at me for not dpsing & creating combo fields since my dps is very high as a glass cannon build.