Elementalist Cheap Dungeon and Fractal Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: SpoT.5463

SpoT.5463

Dungeon only Builds! Please keep that in mind.

This is the Conjurer Elementalist Build (Conjure Weapons)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJArYnMISZD2yAGQAfEGQAQo+sZ0BBEmqDA-TBSBABiq+jZKBvS53N7PgneiFOQAA8AAy7EAIGA9A-e

If you dont like that option, you can always choose the DPS Elementalist Build (you can choose s/d or d/d)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJArYnMISZD2yA+MAfEGQAICHUcM6WcaXGA-TBCEABJq+zWKBZS5HL7PIxBCoNdEAcABc7BAIGA9A-e

These builds proved to me and my friends that the strength runes are totally useless, because all the fights last less then 35 seconds with a decent DPS group.

If you like this post, you should visit my guardian build suggestion.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Cheap-Dungeon-and-Fractal-Builds/first#post4057340

EDIT: The point here is to see the Runes not the traits or the gear.
Flame Legion runes instead of Strength.

(edited by SpoT.5463)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The first build has NO condition removal what so ever, Meaning that any Bunker Condition build would have a great time melting you. Then again, you also have no added Toughness either So anyone with a more balanced build could very well win as well.

I would replace the Burn on Crit trait, with no condition damage it is a minor damage increase. I would swap it with either Internal Fire or Burning Fire so that you at least have some condition removal, even if it is only once every 40seconds. I would change Vital Striking as well, you might get a bonus at the start if you attack first but with no toughness or condition removal you wont be at above 90% for long. Shard of Ice, Soothing Wave or Cleansing wave would be good options as a replacement.

As for second build. That would be one shot quite easily with just 10k health. No healing power either, low defence again but at least this time with a little Toughness even if it is still very low. Again, replace Burning Precision. Burning Fie is really the only decent option.

in Elementalist

Posted by: epszz.5134

epszz.5134

I think they are dungeon builds….

@SFR
Buff.

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

These are Dungeon Builds my friend.
Sorry to dissappoint you though.
Edited the 1st post

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Ah, then it makes sense. Was going to say you would die a LOT taking them into PvP or WvW

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

Of course if you try this in wvw, you will have a serious problem surviving :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: jimis.7608

jimis.7608

I tried the conjurer build and my friend who is ele used the dps build (2 eles in group)
I was amazed personally on the huge difference between ogre and flame legion.
The fights are indeed not long enough to need Strength runes and the damage is the same.
I’m glad you showed us Flame Legion Runes!
Thanks again!

Edit: Dungeons i tried: AC,SE,COF,COE

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

I’m glad you and your friends like these builds!
I was looking for cheaper way to run dungeons with same DPS as with Runes of Strength.
I hope more people try these builds and buy Flame Legion runes at least for Elementalist and Guardian as a cheap alternative of Strength Runes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

in pvp i play this stoneheart conjure ele which i call “The Melee-ele” (just because its fun to say),
its mind-numbingly easy to play, just stick in earth attune and attack things XD
its best with auto target off for fiery greatsword rush

its fun having a hammer warrior run away from you as you chase them with your hammer XD

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

As i posted earlier this is a dungeon/fractals build. Please dont forget that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

In dungeons you are not supposed to stack might during the fights, but before.
Thats why s/d conjure is usually better, easier to stack might without a target.
Also, thats why strength runes are better, longer might duration for the pulls.
I dont think you need assassin over zerker, I get around 90% crit chance with LH and fury (100% uptime) in most dungeons.

d/f fresh air is great for pugs. You get great dmg and more survival for when people mess up fights. Its also, IMO, more fun to play than LH.

(edited by lLobo.7960)

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

I must agree with u ILobo, traits have nothing to do with dagger or focus, so u can choose what u will equip.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Not so much…
d/f I would go with 6/6/2 fresh air.
s/d LH you can get piercing shards. If you are going 5/5/2/2 or 6/4/2/2 depends if your group have access to perma fury or other source of vul.

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

These builds are designed by [DnT] for organised Berserker groups.
You dont actually need perma fury, maximum 40 sec are enough.
Also a decent Berserker group would stack at least 20 vuln easily.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Why would you copy [DnT]’s builds (incorrectly) when DEKeyz has a sticky at the top of the forum? O.o

Anyway no one should use that second build without LH, scepter has no sustain otherwise.

And Berserker gear is better than Assassin’s after the ferocity patch. See DEKeyz’s thread.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

Well yes indeed there are some builds that are designed for record runs, but apart from for the guilds competing in this category they are of little interest to the general public.

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

Well i have to disappoint you on this.
@maxinion i wrote my numbers on the dps sheet that [DnT] made public and assassin’s on that build had more dps.
@Darox i know many people without having guilds for record runs that just wanna finish their dungeons fast.

If i didnt have these kind of people in my friendlist, then i would think the same, that’s why i shared these Cheaper alternatives, so people can replace Strength runes with Flame Legion.

That was the point from the start.
I don’t understand why everyone only see traits.
Use whatever traits u want if mine dont fit you.
Thanks for the responses guys.
I hope people will understand why i made these topics, instead of judging traits.

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

So the whole point of your thread is go for flame legion runes instead of strength because they are cheaper?

in Elementalist

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

So the whole point of your thread is go for flame legion runes instead of strength because they are cheaper?

Ikr

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

@Darox Dude you really don’t understand what alternative is or do u play dumb?
Flame Legion Runes are the cheap version with same DPS of strength runes.
The only possible problem would be the might uptime, but it’s not a problem because fights with a decent group dont last longer than 35 sec.
You are in [rT] you know these things i suppose.

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

What I understand is that you posted two builds, one of which is very peculiar, and a statement about strength runes, all this just to say that flame legion runes are cheaper.

The reason we use strength runes is because we do fight for longer than 35 seconds in fractals. In speedruns we use runes of the scholar.

So no, I don’t see the alternative. If you are going to invest into something cheap that has no uses anywhere then that is a bad option, not an alternative. It’s simply better to save up until you can buy the best option

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

Darox, have u ever been without even 1 gold in your inventory?
There are new people in this game, also there are people who like to run 3-4 dungeons with their friends, but they dont like scholar because they cant maintain their health over 90%.

If you can’t think of these posibilities then i guess you are the only person on the game who is not getting even 1 hit inside any dungeon.

Note: Not everyone is skilled player or experienced dodger or w/e u try to state here.
Flame Legion are great for me and my friends, also one guy said they were usefull for their team as well.

You don’t need to badmouth the runes just because u might have spent 80g in strength and u are proud of them.

Try to think about the use of Flame Legion Runes and the possibility of not maintaining over 90% health.
Then make a DPS sheet with these numbers, but without 10% of scholar.
After that add 7% for the Flame Legion and answer to me.

Which runes are better if 80% of the fights u cant maintain your health over 90%?

I’m asking this because most of my friends without speedrun guild are not able to maintain their health over 90%, but they have decent DPS.

I’ll be waiting for your answer now.
I hope u wont say anything like “if u can’t… you are noobs” and things like that.
I already posted that my friends are not in any speedrun guild so just thing about what i wrote and post according to these posibilities, not yours.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I think it’s easy to see that those runes are a good alternative to Strength if you’re on a budget especially, for fights where might duration is less useful.

In longer fights I don’t see any opposition though, which is why Strength runes should be changed asap.

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

Darox, have u ever been without even 1 gold in your inventory?

Yep, every character I have ever created has started with 0 gold. It’s been tough.

There are new people in this game, also there are people who like to run 3-4 dungeons with their friends, but they dont like scholar because they cant maintain their health over 90%.

If you can’t think of these posibilities then i guess you are the only person on the game who is not getting even 1 hit inside any dungeon.

Note: Not everyone is skilled player or experienced dodger or w/e u try to state here.

I am not stating anything of the sort. You mentioned a “decent DPS group” so I assumed that would mean a group that can dodge well enough to make good use of runes of the scholar. The strength of that assumption was reinforced by looking at the builds you posted: they are designed for advanced speedruns, or record runs, where participants have high skill levels.

Flame Legion are great for me and my friends, also one guy said they were usefull for their team as well.

You don’t need to badmouth the runes just because u might have spent 80g in strength and u are proud of them.

I spent a grand total of 12 gold on my strength runes. I did not realise the prices had gone up so high. I guess then you would have a point to talk about flame legion runes. Maybe if you made that point clear from the start we wouldn’t have had this conversation.

Try to think about the use of Flame Legion Runes and the possibility of not maintaining over 90% health.
Then make a DPS sheet with these numbers, but without 10% of scholar.
After that add 7% for the Flame Legion and answer to me.

Which runes are better if 80% of the fights u cant maintain your health over 90%?

I’m asking this because most of my friends without speedrun guild are not able to maintain their health over 90%, but they have decent DPS.

I’ll be waiting for your answer now.
I hope u wont say anything like “if u can’t… you are noobs” and things like that.
I already posted that my friends are not in any speedrun guild so just thing about what i wrote and post according to these posibilities, not yours.

I am well aware of the efficiency of rune sets considering feasibility frontiers. After all I am one of the few people who made a publicly available dps calculator taking these things into account

My point still stands: flame legion runes are a bad option. But considering the current price of strength runes I can now understand why people would be interested in this suboptimal set.

Finally, you do not need to be so aggressive, just be clearer

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

Well if u just opened Trading Post and search for all the runes above, u would have realised why i suggest this option.

Anyway, i was getting whispers by many of my friends about scholar runes, because they couldn’t keep their hp above 90% for much time, so i told them to buy strength runes, but they were already high priced (4g each).
Some of those people that i whispered couldn’t afford 24g for these runes.
I told them to farm those gold and buy the runes.
By the time they had 24g runes of strength were even higher, so they farmed more gold.
Finally strength runes reached 16g each, so my friends decided not to get any of them, because they feel getting scammed.
Some days ago one friend of mine suggested Flame Legion runes.
We tested them and here is the profit.
Of course it’s not the best option for record runs, but they are very good for the players that dont wanna focus so much for dodging and stuff, like our guilds do.

By the way, i would like to see how [rT] run dungeons :-P

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

Is an example of our record runs.

As for usual runs though, we are one of the most “play the way you want” guild, which surprises a lot of people

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Well if u just opened Trading Post and search for all the runes above, u would have realised why i suggest this option.

Anyway, i was getting whispers by many of my friends about scholar runes, because they couldn’t keep their hp above 90% for much time, so i told them to buy strength runes, but they were already high priced (4g each).
Some of those people that i whispered couldn’t afford 24g for these runes.
I told them to farm those gold and buy the runes.
By the time they had 24g runes of strength were even higher, so they farmed more gold.
Finally strength runes reached 16g each, so my friends decided not to get any of them, because they feel getting scammed.
Some days ago one friend of mine suggested Flame Legion runes.
We tested them and here is the profit.
Of course it’s not the best option for record runs, but they are very good for the players that dont wanna focus so much for dodging and stuff, like our guilds do.

By the way, i would like to see how [rT] run dungeons :-P

Roll on the floor laughing

Where is that 7sec-Lupi-kill video when I need it? :\

http://youtu.be/yZS_pBNS0xc

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

Oh you mean he is doubting of our skill level? I did not detect the sarcasm

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This thread confused even me, but I finally get it.

tl;dr Use Flame Legion runes if you can’t afford Strength/Scholar.

You really could have just said that.

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

@Darox no it wasn’t sarcasm, i would really like to see how [rT] do daily dungeons, not records :P

@Neko Well some people dont search in guild websites for build, so i posted the [DnT] traits as well. So based on that i added the flame legion runes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

@Darox no it wasn’t sarcasm, i would really like to see how [rT] do daily dungeons, not records :P

@Neko Well some people dont search in guild websites for build, so i posted the [DnT] traits as well. So based on that i added the flame legion runes.

I think the big thing about the Ele builds is that, if you really are so poor that you can’t afford optimal runes, and are playing with PUGs, and are totally new to the game, I really don’t think that Conjures Ele is really gonna be super great (heck, there’s the practical issue of people stealing your hammer, which kept happening to me when I PUGed with it). Also, S/D with no Lightning Hammer slotted is complete trash. I’ve been trying to point this out to people for a long, long time.

D/F is much better for PUGing and for average play than either Fire Staff or LH Ele.

in Elementalist

SpoT.5463

I dont know if these build work with full random people in group, but i suppose that if u are 3 friends at least these should be ok i guess.
You never know what kind of people u might meet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

S/D without Light Hammer. Its a terribly bad build in PvE.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

so are d/d and d/f without fresh air.

On the topic or rT runs, like I said, we are very “play the way you want” which is very different from most other high level guilds. The idea is that you can experiment with what you want, as long as you can pull your weight. This has enabled us to look into uncharted territory like no one before. I don’t know if you have read my guide but this is what I meant in my introduction: “know no limits, try everything, have no fears”. And this way we can be quite innovative for our record runs, when we play seriously It’s the best of both worlds. We have fun while we run, and we enjoy excellence when we perform. I used to be an average player, then I met people from rT and I strived to join them because of this philosophy that is so unique in gw2. I don’t mean to preach too much, but I’m having a great time in this guild