Elementalist Live Stream

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

28:15 – Question: ele locked in water/arcane trait – working on it

Just saying, when Anet say “we’re looking at water and arcane to make eles able to get out of those 2 lines only” it will mean “we’ll nerf them so hard that fire and air will look awesome”.

Just like IC for Mes “every single mes build need that trait? should we get the message and improve base CDs and then change it? nah, better move it far away, so they’ll have 5 more free points to place elsewhere or screw all their trait placement to get it again. enjoy build diversity!”

/sarcasm

On serious note, latest patch was a good step. Staff less clunky, more Air burst openings, some love for earth/condition spec, and reshuffle of stunbreaks (LF still rocks.)
But the approach to balance is schyzofrenic to say the least, and there are some base issues that needs tobe worked out.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I noticed & had heard in spvp about the vapour form now being delayed.
At least it`s not as bad kitten it used to be on spell 3 cast, but it`s just another case of “Ele` can escape in one extremely small portion of WvWs & nowhere else, let`s fix that asap”

All those crying that we could get through a door have won, just as they did with RTL, our heals, our defenses etc…

But hey, they can`t nerf us much more, can they?……

<tumbleweed>

The odd thing I had never seen anyone complain about vapor form until a few days before the patch hit. I’m convinced that some out of left field complaint posts that slightly predate specific nerfs are someone in development trying to create cover for a nerf that no one wants or has asked for.

I complained about it, and there were a few threads around release that had the same complaints across most classes. Basically if you press 2 as you go down you waist your 2 downed skill.

I`ve seen loads of complaints from other classes that ele could get through doors, yet they never once mentioned how pathetically kitten the downed state is everywhere else in the game.
Just check out some of the noobs that complain in threads like – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Elementalists-in-WvW-huge-flaw/first

As for ele accidentally triggering it, I guess that helps those, but personally, I don`t bother even trying unless near a keep & not at all if in spvp or normal game zones, as it is the kittentest downed state there is. True, Engie has it bad too, but at least they have good damage.

Any of my bank alts (guardian, ranger, necro, mesmer, warrior & thief I know I`ve an easy mode compared to downed ele.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Downed ele used to be terrible a long time ago, but it’s far from being so nowadays. The delay to Vapor Form, if it’s true, is actually a functionality buff, because people will stop wasting it the moment they are downed and before they realize it.

Question for more experienced elementalists, inlight of listening to him about what their goal is for the class. Would say like Rabid Gear + Divnity Runes and all celestial accessories setup be even viable or is it spreading yourself to thin? It seems to be what he is saying the ele is made for? Id love to hear some feedback

Rabid Gear is good in theory, but has a some issues in practice. Toughness is always great for us, as it indirectly makes our healing stronger, and is even more so for conditions with the new Diamond Skin trait that converts toughness to condition damage. My problem with Rabid is precision. There’s not much synergy between precision and conditions for an elementalist. Rabid does not offer critical damage, although divinity runes do (and these runes are excellent for elementalists). Precision does not affects arcanes, which can be used for burning from projectile finishers or burning with arcana’s grandmaster trait. And there’s only a single trait and a few sigils that tie critical chance with conditions – and they aren’t strong enough to be worth it, imo. Maybe once our Burning Precision trait gets buffed and some of the condition-on-critical sigils get buffed, Rabig gear will be a perfect fit.

It should still be a decent setup because divinity runes, in addition to supporting all stats, also specialize on critical damage. Celestial equipment not so much, I think.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i would add that ele is not versatile…

Its the least versatile profession due to being LOCKED in one weaponset with a defined range.

With skills on different attunements with similar purpose but weaker that are there while we wait the enormous CD for half the effectiveness.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

^ they also have ride the lightning with 20 sec cooldown :P

And it even removes cripples and immobilizes!

Their RTL doesn’t glitch and get caught in terrain, either :P

And its a freaking blast finisher !!!!!!
Lol :P

lol The jealousy is strong in this thread. Its only 600 distance plus roll so its way shorter and the super jump (about double distance) needs two skills and is on a 40 sec cd.

But I still feel for you eles, someday you will have more viable builds….someday.

Yes a 40 sec cd… like RTL :p
If I could rtl (and it worked while immobilised) for 600 every 16 seconds (AND 1200 every 40 seconds) I would…

My engi feels as fun as my ele did on launch, glad to have both though. Fresh air is a lot of fun.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

lol The jealousy is strong in this thread. Its only 600 distance plus roll so its way shorter and the super jump (about double distance) needs two skills and is on a 40 sec cd.

But I still feel for you eles, someday you will have more viable builds….someday.

If I could rtl (and it worked while immobilised) for 600 every 16 seconds (AND 1200 every 40 seconds) I would…

My engi feels as fun as my ele did on launch, glad to have both though. Fresh air is a lot of fun.

My engie has the playstyle my ele used to have, and it is a blast! Rocket boots makes the class for me (like RTL used to). Rocket Boots is 600 range, but as I have perma-swiftness due to speedy kits, it actually goes much further. I don’t bother with slick-shoes, as the elixir gun’s acid bomb creates more distance with a few camera tricks.

That being said, I still think the ele can be good and fun when using rock solid and signet of air in a 0/0/20/20/30 build. The blind application and stun-break actually make the signet much better now that blinds are really good. The stability + ether renewal is also really good. In my mind, the ele and the engie are pretty close to one-another right now, with the exception that the engie can customize his kits/attunments to cover all ranges and situations. The 0 CD on kit swap also gives lots of build options as 30 in an “arcane” line isn’t mandatory.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

My engie has the playstyle my ele used to have, and it is a blast! Rocket boots makes the class for me (like RTL used to). Rocket Boots is 600 range, but as I have perma-swiftness due to speedy kits, it actually goes much further. I don’t bother with slick-shoes, as the elixir gun’s acid bomb creates more distance with a few camera tricks.

That being said, I still think the ele can be good and fun when using rock solid and signet of air in a 0/0/20/20/30 build. The blind application and stun-break actually make the signet much better now that blinds are really good. The stability + ether renewal is also really good. In my mind, the ele and the engie are pretty close to one-another right now, with the exception that the engie can customize his kits/attunments to cover all ranges and situations. The 0 CD on kit swap also gives lots of build options as 30 in an “arcane” line isn’t mandatory.

Couldn’t agree more. Everyone who misses the fun of the old school D/D elementalist should roll an engineer. Playing my old elementalist after a couple months on mostly engineer feels like playing a soft-shell snail in a blender whenever I try to do any zerg vs. zerg fighting. Not even needing a stunbreaker is so much more fun than having to slot three just to survive more than 10 seconds.

Here’s a build I have been using:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2.0|a.1n.h8.e.1n.h1j|0.0.0.0.0.0|1n.7r.1n.7r.1n.7r.1n.7r.1n.7r.1n.7r|1c.64.1c.64.1n.61.1p.64.1p.64.1c.64|u48c.0.a0.a6.k60|y.7|2c.2x.2e.2n.30|e

(the 2 unlisted traits are the new ones, “stabilized armor” -20% damage taken while stunned, and “leg mods” -33% cripple/chill/immobilize duration)

Try living at all with this trait setup on elementalist. Then look at the numbers for this engineer. When stunned/knocked/etc, he gains protection and an additional -20% damage reduction, added to armor and food that’s a total of -93% damage taken while stunned. Who needs stunbreakers? It doesn’t have the condition removal of an elementalist, but slot elixer gun and it does (which I often do, just trying slick shoes so that’s what’s listed, but rocket boots, elixer gun, throw mine, elixer U or S, thumper turret, flamethrower etc are all good choices as well for various uses). Rifle can be swapped for pistol/shield as well, if you want the leap/immob/cond-clear instead of the block and blind.

This build also hits quite hard, and can change weapons/ranges without losing anything as it works great with a grenade spec as well. Perma-swiftness with a single button, perma-vigor with a single trait swap (I like the protection-on-stun trait, but there are several others that are great also).

I’ve got a useful engineer build for just about every trait distribution. Can’t say anything like that for my elementalist.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Why do engies keep crying and purposefully degrading what they got..nvm ele players do that too! :P
Fyi rocketboots is 900 and affected by swiftness which engi got perma with a trait making it go exactly as far as ride the lighting on a 20 sec cd.In addition to that it cures the movement impairment effects while rtl just ignores them for its duration.With super speed it goes further than anything in the entire game.Its also a blast finisher and a dodge roll..
So yeah its better in every way but then again its a utility..though that paired with stealth from bombs kit makes engineer a very capable class at disengaging more than a lot of popular ele builds atm..
Offtopic but this thread is useless anyway..just people complaining a dev didnt go into big detail for 1 class in 30 minutes..

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I noticed & had heard in spvp about the vapour form now being delayed.
At least it`s not as bad kitten it used to be on spell 3 cast, but it`s just another case of “Ele` can escape in one extremely small portion of WvWs & nowhere else, let`s fix that asap”

All those crying that we could get through a door have won, just as they did with RTL, our heals, our defenses etc…

But hey, they can`t nerf us much more, can they?……

<tumbleweed>

The odd thing I had never seen anyone complain about vapor form until a few days before the patch hit. I’m convinced that some out of left field complaint posts that slightly predate specific nerfs are someone in development trying to create cover for a nerf that no one wants or has asked for.

I complained about it, and there were a few threads around release that had the same complaints across most classes. Basically if you press 2 as you go down you waist your 2 downed skill.

I`ve seen loads of complaints from other classes that ele could get through doors, yet they never once mentioned how pathetically kitten the downed state is everywhere else in the game.
Just check out some of the noobs that complain in threads like – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Elementalists-in-WvW-huge-flaw/first

As for ele accidentally triggering it, I guess that helps those, but personally, I don`t bother even trying unless near a keep & not at all if in spvp or normal game zones, as it is the kittentest downed state there is. True, Engie has it bad too, but at least they have good damage.

Any of my bank alts (guardian, ranger, necro, mesmer, warrior & thief I know I`ve an easy mode compared to downed ele.

Everyone cries about eles running out then VF back in through the gate. But way back when the game came out people complained about waisting the interrupt (not that eles had an interrupt).

Has this change only affected WvW? Because I still waist my VF in spvp.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why do engies keep crying and purposefully degrading what they got..nvm ele players do that too! :P
Fyi rocketboots is 900 and affected by swiftness which engi got perma with a trait making it go exactly as far as ride the lighting on a 20 sec cd.In addition to that it cures the movement impairment effects while rtl just ignores them for its duration.With super speed it goes further than anything in the entire game.Its also a blast finisher and a dodge roll..
So yeah its better in every way but then again its a utility..though that paired with stealth from bombs kit makes engineer a very capable class at disengaging more than a lot of popular ele builds atm..
Offtopic but this thread is useless anyway..just people complaining a dev didnt go into big detail for 1 class in 30 minutes..

Thats all true yet looking at the class holistically we have advantages that engineers lack. I play both classes but my main remains elementalist, overall elementalist remains a better class IMHO.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Anyone saying divinity anything is good has made no calculations.
There is always a better choice than divinity gear, unless you plan on fulfilling all roles so poorly that you are useless!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

AndrewSX.3794

Anyone saying divinity anything is good has made no calculations.

+1

Everytime is see divinity (on ele) i facedesk HARD.

Seeing it advised by a dev….

i broke my desk.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Divinity trinkets are not a good investment. Divinity runes are fantastic.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Divinity runes are not that bad, but they are still bad.
Just do the maths!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh.3759

Josh.3759

I’m puzzled to know why every profession has wep swap but ele nothing I understand we have 4 attunements, but what’s viable when you confront mass group of people of people and I’m here in staff mode thinking to myself man if I had my scepter out could’ve survived that.

Good Fights GvG | WvW Team
| LvL 80 elementalist Call Meh God | Multi-Gaming no lifer

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

That’s called choices!
Make a build for what you do, and do that :) If you get in a situation where your build is wrong then either you shouldn’t be there, or your build is too specific.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Josh.3759

It’s my choice to roam WvW by myself or try bunker points in Spvp but then I see other professions they get into a sticky situation they change weps, in thrust changing the outcome of their predicament. Once again I’m like dang could’ve change to diff wep.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Make a build specific doesn`t really cut it tbh.
If you`re support staff ele & helping with the pewpews in WvWs & die, running back to that keep anyone can pounce you & you`re a gonner, you can`t really retrait tanky just because you`ve got to run back now can you
Imagine (I`ve had this loads in spvp, wvws etc) where someone is hitting you from range & you`re stuck on some ledge whilst in d/d, you`re basically kittened
Keep surrounded by enemy & you`re in d/d or at a push s/d-s/f & want staff. Best chance you have is going to top of keep behind lord, /twiddle waiting to leave combat, prat about in bags, tidy spare weapons & then go back to the fight, by which time door is probably down & you want your proper weapons equipped again ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Josh.3759

If you`re support staff ele & helping with the pewpews in WvWs & die, running back to that keep anyone can pounce you & you`re a gonner, you can`t really retrait tanky just because you`ve got to run back now can you
Imagine (I`ve had this loads in spvp, wvws etc) where someone is hitting you from range & you`re stuck on some ledge whilst in d/d, you`re basically kittened
Keep surrounded by enemy & you`re in d/d or at a push s/d-s/f & want staff. Best chance you have is going to top of keep behind lord, /twiddle waiting to leave combat, prat about in bags, tidy spare weapons & then go back to the fight, by which time door is probably down & you want your proper weapons equipped again ;p

I like this guy glad too see someone understands what I’m saying.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

morrolan.9608

Out of combat weapon swap has been requested for a long time.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zero.5307

Zero.5307

In the current environment where many classes have adapted the ability to removes conditions at fast paces, most recently the warrior for example with “Cleansing Ire”; How do you expect the conditions of burning, blind, and chill to fare that mainly are based around stacking condition duration?

Why does it seem that Elementalists have been forced into a more melee role in comparison to its fellow light classes the mesmer and more healthy necromancer? Was this intentional?

Can elementalist look forward to content that is more based around their skill sets?

If you had to give a loose opinion of what an elementalists “role” in the game is, or what they would likely accele at, what would it be?

There is worry in the community that the elementalist is going to become another “jack of all trades” mmo class that eventually gets “abandoned” by developers or is left not fully balanced within the game. Players have already seen this issue in other recent games such as SWTOR (star wars the old republic) with their classes. What can you do to ensure this doesn’t happen for those worried few?

Is it the intention of the developers to leave the 5 maximum target limit to the elementalists AOE abilities? Will abilities such as piercing shots on a warrior also be limited in the future in a similar manner?

There have been many complaints from elementalist players about the weapons they can spawn. In what way have you addressed those complaints or intended to develop them in the future?

While the game is supposedly a game where you can play any role, there are obviously limitations to what a game can provide. In light of the fact that many classes such as the warrior can achieve some amazing results with burst rifle builds, in essence making them similar to a “glass caster” or “fire ball caster” a role normally filled by light classes in other games; How is it supposed to be possible for an elementalist to do the reverse and become a tank? Are we doing it wrong or is a glass harasser the best we can achieve?

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

Exactly this! You accurately described every besiegment ever I had with my elementalist.
Of course we have 20 skills but as you demonstrated: All 20 skills are tied to the same type of fighting (e.g. D/D = meele) and we have absolutely no chance of adapting to chanching situations once we enter a battle. If I’m in D/D and getting attacked from afar, there’s not much use in being able to switch from a more offensive meele skillset to a more deffensive meele skillset or vice versa.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

That’s right. But the class is designed to play around this. When you are D/D you have a lot of gap closers (3), more than any other class (afaik).
We are indeed “stuck” into one mode, but they gave us the tools to work around this: adapt. In D/D we actually have several ranges: very short for fire, medium for earth, far-melee for air and half ranged for water. This can give us an edge: we can strike in melee but out of reach from the other melee classes. Do you see them complaining about not having extended melee ranges?
If a warrior decides to be a melee beast and takes two melee weapons then he has the same problem, if not worse. If he takes one ranged weapon then he is less efficient in melee. We have more of a drastic choice, but we can play around more as well.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

That’s right. But the class is designed to play around this. When you are D/D you have a lot of gap closers (3), more than any other class (afaik).
We are indeed “stuck” into one mode, but they gave us the tools to work around this: adapt. In D/D we actually have several ranges: very short for fire, medium for earth, far-melee for air and half ranged for water. This can give us an edge: we can strike in melee but out of reach from the other melee classes. Do you see them complaining about not having extended melee ranges?
If a warrior decides to be a melee beast and takes two melee weapons then he has the same problem, if not worse. If he takes one ranged weapon then he is less efficient in melee. We have more of a drastic choice, but we can play around more as well.

You are talking about a range of 150 to 600. Get realistic dude.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Out of combat weapon swap has been requested for a long time.

to the point our core mechanic has been compromised, they are already very late in giving us in-combat weapon swap.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

When you are D/D you have a 600 range dash that burns your primary damage cooldown, a 900 range grasp that players can outrun from 450 range, and a 40 second 1200 range dash that goes down to 20 on engagements only.

When you are a greatsword warrior you have a 600 range evasive dash that provides supplemental damage to your other, higher damage options, a 1200 range charge on lower cooldown than RTL even if it hits nothing, and your choice of Savage Leap/Shield Bash, or a tremendously large 2 second AoE stunning leap.

Warriors have nowhere near the same problem. Don’t even bother.

Extended melee ranges? Okay. Kite them with that 120 range advantage. 600 range? Churning Earth and Vapor Blade. Which of those was effective again?

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragsooth.4071

Dragsooth.4071

Hey everyone I’m doing a live stream tomorrow on the Elementalist. If there is any topics, questions, tips, tricks or strategies you think would be helpful for other Elementalist to know please post them here, and I’ll try and bring them up!

~Izzy @-’——

Can you just stop destroying the class? For the love of Grenth, all we get is nerf after nerf, then you come back and try to buff us again to say sorry, but those buffs do nothing but make the only viable build more viable.

:3

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

morrolan.9608

Just on the issue of celestial ascended trinkets being good for Eles. If the devs are reading this thread Its all well and good to say that but with the way ascended items are handled we essentially can’t afford to buy the trinkets as an experiment, especially if we have multiple lvl 80s.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I keep hearing the devs say “we intent” or “we want.” Mechanically speaking what they wanted and achieved hasn’t always been conducive to a good game.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

In the current environment where many classes have adapted the ability to removes conditions at fast paces, most recently the warrior for example with “Cleansing Ire”; How do you expect the conditions of burning, blind, and chill to fare that mainly are based around stacking condition duration?

Why does it seem that Elementalists have been forced into a more melee role in comparison to its fellow light classes the mesmer and more healthy necromancer? Was this intentional?

Can elementalist look forward to content that is more based around their skill sets?

If you had to give a loose opinion of what an elementalists “role” in the game is, or what they would likely accele at, what would it be?

There is worry in the community that the elementalist is going to become another “jack of all trades” mmo class that eventually gets “abandoned” by developers or is left not fully balanced within the game. Players have already seen this issue in other recent games such as SWTOR (star wars the old republic) with their classes. What can you do to ensure this doesn’t happen for those worried few?

Is it the intention of the developers to leave the 5 maximum target limit to the elementalists AOE abilities? Will abilities such as piercing shots on a warrior also be limited in the future in a similar manner?

There have been many complaints from elementalist players about the weapons they can spawn. In what way have you addressed those complaints or intended to develop them in the future?

While the game is supposedly a game where you can play any role, there are obviously limitations to what a game can provide. In light of the fact that many classes such as the warrior can achieve some amazing results with burst rifle builds, in essence making them similar to a “glass caster” or “fire ball caster” a role normally filled by light classes in other games; How is it supposed to be possible for an elementalist to do the reverse and become a tank? Are we doing it wrong or is a glass harasser the best we can achieve?

I find I have far more impact by just blast-finishing my fields in WvW than I ever would by doing damage to enemies.

I can keep 9-12 stacks of Might on everyone around me and switch to pulsing 1500 heals + Regen or group Swiftness when needed. The damage I do is incidental to all that, even if I build for pure glass-cannon.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

AndrewSX.3794

Just on the issue of celestial ascended trinkets being good for Eles.

Issue is simple: they aren’t.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: norael.2104

norael.2104

I just feel the developer doesn’t know how to communicate and shouldn’t have had this session. He may be right in his assertions regarding the intent of the class, but the execution of the class is still lacking. There’s a lack of conveyance in respect to what each attunement switch will offer in terms of openers and finishers. Luckily, Staff is the most of both, so you can quite literally roll your face across the keyboard and get something akin to the desired result, but for other weapon types such as dagger, scepter, and focus, there can be as few as three openers and finishers before you unlock your utility slots and powers. This means Izzy’s thesis doesn’t help much in terms of helping other playstyles. Moreover, it had been echoed that you can play “your way” by the developers in the past. So, why now the reversal for the Elementalist class? Is it because it conflicts with intended future features or simply because Izzy’s own opinion, no matter how well informed as being a principle developer for GW2, is clouded by his subjective experience of the class. It takes more than simply slapping together a class with some abilities to make it playable or even enjoyable to play. In this case, Izzy, imo, has lost his argument on all fronts since he can’t or won’t address those two principle points that are common to just about every complaint made in respect to the class.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

No weapon swap would make sense if attunements actually provided real situational adaptability. They don’t. They’ve become additional hoops to jump through in order to string together rotations that require twice as many button presses than other professions just to produce mediocre results.

I’d love if each attunement actually provided more tangible and focused benefits, more like a stance change from other MMOs. Also, shorter cooldowns on the #4 and #5 skills, so that you could spend most time in a two attunement rotation, with additional attunements used situationally.

Most professions/builds in the game can spend a majority of their time in one weapon, using the second weapon situationally. Some require more active and continuous swapping back and forth. Elementalists pretty much require rotating through three or four attunements just as part of a standard skill rotation. Like I said, attunements have just become hoops to jump through, rather than actually providing an ability to adapt one’s role based on the evolving situation during combat.

It’s a waste of potential for the profession that things have devolved this way. It also shatters any justification for the severe handicaps the profession has based on the perceived benefit of adaptability that attunements supposedly grant us.

I agree with others, in function Engineer is a lot closer to what Elementalist could have been and should have been. Kits essentially give them the ability to chose the combination of “attunements” they have available in a given build and kits are truly situational.

If I could change only one thing about Elementalist, I would allow the Elementalist to have two weapon sets, with an out of combat toggle to select which weapon set will be associated with each attunement. Then we might have in combat versatility worth talking about. (e.g. I select Staff and Scepter/Dagger as my weapons and I decide to associate staff with Fire and Water and Scepter/Dagger with Air and
Earth).

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

wow, after reading the transcript I can honestly say the ele has no hope! Anet dsnt think there is a problem with the ele, Anet READ what the community posts about the ele and how contrast your view is from reality. I am truly disheartened.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

wow, after reading the transcript I can honestly say the ele has no hope! Anet dsnt think there is a problem with the ele, Anet READ what the community posts about the ele and how contrast your view is from reality. I am truly disheartened.

If I might ask, where is this transcript? I’d like to read it as well.

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilverUniverse.7103

SilverUniverse.7103

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Ever since the first nerf to Evasive Arcana this class has gone downhill. I’ll admit that Evasive Arcana was quite powerful, and I can live with it in its current state (but it’s still nowhere near as fun as the original). But the constant nerfs to Ride the Lightning, and the nerfs to Mist Form and Lightning Flash this class is nothing but an empty shell of the awesome profession that it used to be to me.
PvE-wise, Elementalist always felt a little weaker than some other classes, but it’s only gotten worse over time. Meanwhile my Guardian can still faceroll over anything, mindlessly spamming Greatsword skills… /sigh

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Ever since the first nerf to Evasive Arcana this class has gone downhill. I’ll admit that Evasive Arcana was quite powerful, and I can live with it in its current state (but it’s still nowhere near as fun as the original). But the constant nerfs to Ride the Lightning, and the nerfs to Mist Form and Lightning Flash this class is nothing but an empty shell of the awesome profession that it used to be to me.
PvE-wise, Elementalist always felt a little weaker than some other classes, but it’s only gotten worse over time. Meanwhile my Guardian can still faceroll over anything, mindlessly spamming Greatsword skills… /sigh

I switched over to a thief and it feels like cheating. The elementalist took skill to play and it gets nerfed… but i can spam 2 all day and make kills on a thief. It is insanity!

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I switched over to a thief and it feels like cheating. The elementalist took skill to play and it gets nerfed… but i can spam 2 all day and make kills on a thief. It is insanity!

Yeah, same. I really like the Thief. It’s visually not as awesome as the Elementalist, but it’s a lot of fun to play, and doesn’t have its fun factor nerfed every few months.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Elementalist Live Stream

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I mainly use my guardian now. It’s the most balanced class in the game. They got it right with guardian. Why can’t they fix eles? Go look on the guardian forums. Most people don’t even know what changes they’d make if any to the class. It’s perfect the way it is. Meanwhile we have pages and pages of suggestions on how to make us not suck and just have more viable builds.

I got bored with my thief, it’s too faceroll in WvW. Anyone telling you it takes skill is lying through their teeth. There’s very little risk since you can be invisible so often and deal massive damage with just a single button press. Warrior is ok and pretty much the only choice now for PvE stuff, but I get bored with it after awhile. With ranger, the most fun part about it for me was the pets and they’ve been nerfed even though they weren’t that great to begin with. Now they’re even less effective. I’ve never liked Mesmer. Just made it for the convenience of portals, then found out I hate jumping puzzles. Engineer does feel like what ele should have been with its adaptability. It really is the true jack of all trades. Necro can also be put into that category as well. You’d be surprised how well a necro can support a group. the problem is I don’t really like engineer. Never been a fan of using firearms in an MMO. I prefer magic based classes, that’s my only reason for not just using engineer to fill the role of ele.