Elementalist Spellbook: Zoose's D/D Guide!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

http://tinyurl.com/ahf9rbz

I went fairly in-depth with the dagger/dagger weapon set. Enjoy!

in Elementalist

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Great guide. Thanks a bunch.

in Elementalist

Zoose.1640

No problem. Im glad to help out the community.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jhulz.3657

Jhulz.3657

simple and easy to understand keep it up, helps me a lot since I’m just new to ele.

anyways what kind of set armor and weapon you used?

Thanks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Since Zoose is incapable of linking correctly, this is the video:

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Okamy.8235

Okamy.8235

In your combo section, you should mention that evasive arcana in earth atunement is a blast finisher. A very nice might stacking combo i like is this :
- burning speed trough the opponent, but not too far, so he’s still hit by the explosion
- switch to earth (+3 might with the superior sigil of battle)
- dodge back in the fire field created by burning speed (+4 might +cripple the opponent)
- eathquake (+4 might + kd)
- churning earth (+4 might at end + cripple + bleed), use lightning flash if needed
- WHILE CASTING CHURNING EARTH, switch to air/water regarding of your health bar and use shocking aura/frost aura, this way you’ll have fury when churning earth deal damages.

It gives you 15 stack of might + fury, paralyze the opponent for 5 to 10 seconds and deal a very nice amount of damage. Plus, 12 of these might stack are area might, your party will love that. And the best part is that every part of the combo are AoE. ;o

I usually don’t use it, but if you’ve arcane wave, it’s +4 mights stack again for you and your party.
If you don’t like burning speed trough the opponent, you can just burning speed to him, then use ring of fire while walking trough him then dodge back while in earth.

EA earth blast finisher can also be used in many situation when you party land some non-fire combo field (my favorites are area healing, frozen and chaos armor). And just with fire combo field/EA and the sigil of battle, you can very easily maintain 12-16 stack of might on yourself and 8-12 stack of might on your party.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Area Might is 3 stacks, not 4.

And yes, he should have mentioned EA in Earth more, but doesn’t seem like he uses it to stack Might from his own footage.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

Zoose.1640

In your combo section, you should mention that evasive arcana in earth atunement is a blast finisher. A very nice might stacking combo i like is this :
- burning speed trough the opponent, but not too far, so he’s still hit by the explosion
- switch to earth (3 might with the superior sigil of battle)
- dodge back in the fire field created by burning speed (
4 might cripple the opponent)
- eathquake (
4 might + kd)
- churning earth (+4 might at end + cripple + bleed), use lightning flash if needed
- WHILE CASTING CHURNING EARTH, switch to air/water regarding of your health bar and use shocking aura/frost aura, this way you’ll have fury when churning earth deal damages.

It gives you 15 stack of might + fury, paralyze the opponent for 5 to 10 seconds and deal a very nice amount of damage. Plus, 12 of these might stack are area might, your party will love that. And the best part is that every part of the combo are AoE. ;o

I usually don’t use it, but if you’ve arcane wave, it’s +4 mights stack again for you and your party.
If you don’t like burning speed trough the opponent, you can just burning speed to him, then use ring of fire while walking trough him then dodge back while in earth.

EA earth blast finisher can also be used in many situation when you party land some non-fire combo field (my favorites are area healing, frozen and chaos armor). And just with fire combo field/EA and the sigil of battle, you can very easily maintain 12-16 stack of might on yourself and 8-12 stack of might on your party.

Blah. Yeah I forgot to mention the earth dodge roll is a blast finisher so you could get 13 stacks of might. _

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raging Soul Beta.6845

Raging Soul Beta.6845

The thing that kinda bothered me was your Fire 3 + 5 combo followed by arcane wave

Because Arcane wave is a blast finisher and it can boost the Fire grab dmg.

So it should be something like Fire 3 (u can pop arcane before the blast damage – since u r alrdy on the fire line – might increase dmg of fire 3) and only then fire 5.

Well that’s just how I see those things

(edited by Raging Soul Beta.6845)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaRKJaGGeReD.5630

DaRKJaGGeReD.5630

Zoose when do u stream? Ive seen all of your youtube vids but have yet to see you streaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

The thing that kinda bothered me was your Fire 3 + 5 combo followed by arcane wave

Because Arcane wave is a blast finisher and it can boost the Fire grab dmg.

So it should be something like Fire 3 (u can pop arcane before the blast damage – since u r alrdy on the fire line – might increase dmg of fire 3) and only then fire 5.

Well that’s just how I see those things

I’d like to make it a point that using fire 3 + arcane wave occasionally doesn’t give might as the combo finisher aspect sometimes doesn’t go off.

This may be because, if I recall correctly, fire #3 creates numerous tiny fire fields as you move. I may be mistaken though, as I can’t clearly recall where I heard this. (Though the information must have seemed somewhat legit, as I usually don’t remember tidbits like this unless I think they are somewhat legit.)

Anyhow, if the above is true then it may be because if the tiny fire field wasn’t yet created under your feet, there would technically be no combo field for arcane wave to finish in. Because it happens quickly though, it’s not consistent and thus why it does sometime work.

Whether or not I’m mistaken, it’s buggy and I hope it’s on the list of things to address (at some point down the road… so, so many bugs.. everywhere).

in Elementalist

Zoose.1640

Zoose when do u stream? Ive seen all of your youtube vids but have yet to see you streaming

Ah sorry. I should really set-up a legit stream schedule. I usually will stream around 5pm eastern – 12am.

At least I try to haha. Sometimes I stream at around 7pm-8pm EST – 2am or so.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Since there is already a thread about this video, here, we proceed to close this one and ask you to keep on discussing it in the other one. Thanks!