Elementalist is the weakest class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

wha, conjures are super fun, just would be nice if you still got all your other attunement spells while they were equipped or something.

They may be “super fun” but the whole concept of the class shouldn’t be based around it like many on this forum now seem to think. Instead of realizing how broken this is, they’re just like “LH or go home!”.

Let’s just try and get the class fixed instead; it worked for necros.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solkard.5136

Solkard.5136

wha, conjures are super fun, just would be nice if you still got all your other attunement spells while they were equipped or something.

You mean like if they were a trait bonus that when slotted, came up as an alternate weapon set you could switch to while in that particular attunement?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Conjured weapons are not a viable or fun way to play the ele. The loss of a utility slot is a huge blow to the efficacy of a class that is already struggling to be relevant in this game. I have no idea how anyone could justifiably place conjured weapons in a competitive build.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Would be nice if they only replaced their attunement. So frost bow would replace water, but others attunements would still be usable.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Would be nice if they only replaced their attunement. So frost bow would replace water, but others attunements would still be usable.

That is so smart I bet Arenanet did not think of that.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Conjured weapons are not a viable or fun way to play the ele. The loss of a utility slot is a huge blow to the efficacy of a class that is already struggling to be relevant in this game. I have no idea how anyone could justifiably place conjured weapons in a competitive build.

No one said they’re fun but they make eles at least somewhat competitive in pve settings (which isn’t competitive environment in the first place).

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Instances aren’t p2p because if I limited my bandwith other people should be lagging as well which doesn’t happen. If leader got dc everyone should be kicked out.

Doesn t work so
in P2P, host can be switched.
And infact it lags a lot with some players, despite the bandwith used in istanced is really small

P.S. i don t agree with you for ele being as efficient and requiring same effort as other profession..
i really can t….
As most other player don t.

for the conjured part…if it isn t fun….and its clearly a gimmick, should not be the ONLY way to be viable.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

So I can purposely limit my bandwidth and then game switches host? So what would happen if then I would leave the party, since I’m not a host anymore? Nothing?

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

So I can purposely limit my bandwidth and then game switches host? So what would happen if then I would leave the party, since I’m not a host anymore? Nothing?

the same that happens in ANY host game ….
If you ever played an xbox online you would know.

Server is there to regulate those situation and demote bad hosts.
NB i don t have proofs on the fact it works like that just some evidences that leads me to suspect so.

The point is if the host DC then Whole party should experience a very short lag spike.
But since:
1) you can t know who the host is
2) there are netcodes to mask lag to people that doesn t know what to look at
(do you ever wonder how sometimes you see players walking in a direction even if they are not online anymore? that is netcode trying to mask lag or loss of data)

May be difficult to notice.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

I didn’t use xbox but if you want to use hyperboles and say “any host game”, what about Diablo 1 which uses UDP? That’s extreme example but you don’t know how anet coded instances. Only reason why you get kicked when instance owner leaves the party might be just cutscenes requirement. Otherwise, why wouldn’t the game just change the host?

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

I never said anything about cutscenes.

But for sure i’ve seen some of most common p2p issues in place:

1) lag spikes with some players..
Why should lag affect differently istances if they are on the same server/area?

2) connection issues with some ISP that used sort of Private Networks in joining dungeons (this is maybe the most suspect becaus eit commonly happens with host based games)

3) other more technical stuff

4) fractals pre patch

Those things made me think istances could possibly be host based…..

Note how i never said i am certain or i have proofs but i Always said its a possibility.
Can also be something in between.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

eles don’t kill anything, you should know this by now.

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

eles don’t kill anything, you should know this by now.

Hmm…I wonder how I got that staff weapon master achievement then…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: boroguy.5690

boroguy.5690

You cannot come out and say “Elementalist is the weakest class” when you refuse to use some of its core mechanics.
I mean, you could, but it would be proof of you being not so smart.

conjured weapons are not a kittening core mechanic.

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

Hmm…I wonder how I got that staff weapon master achievement then…

Critters.

in Elementalist

Mirsa.1628

No one said they’re fun but they make eles at least somewhat competitive in pve settings (which isn’t competitive environment in the first place).

I’m not talking about PvE. Lol.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Elementalist

Mirsa.1628

To that Haziz guy that said conjured weapons are a core mechanic.

LOL. Good joke!

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

LOL. Good joke!

I think he is confusing unique skill type to mechanics. If conjuring is a core mechanic then my name is al glover.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

LOL. Good joke!

I haven’t said anything like that, hihey did. Though I’m glad you like good jokes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I get him to 50% with my ele as fast as my warrior, and my ele is not even using full berserker gear (pvt back and celestial amulet), use s/d instead of d/d, it’s harder to land attacks with s/d but they do a lot more damage than d/d.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over