Elementalist needs a buff, or several.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrAidenVoid.7416

MrAidenVoid.7416

Okay to start of i’m not the best with creating topics/threads so bare with me.
In the recent 3ish years that i’ve mained elementalist i’ve seen ele getting buffed and nerfed to the ground or heavens allot.

Right now Elementalist has this strange vibe to me to the point of disliking the class.
I always enjoyed the damage aspect of elementalist that has been completely wiped out of existance during the last few weeks with HoT release and seeing no one complain about it seems dull to me so i’m here to give my two cents.

First of all what happend to the damage of scepter?
Scepter was a Damage weapon and should still be but the damage has been nerfed to the point that my Dragontooth with 25 stacks of bloodlust, 25 stacks of might marauder and full dps spec does 5-6k Critical hits, Seems abit low for a damage weapon..

The Scepter Phoenix skill was doing 2k crits for me with the same settings, giving a total of 6k critical damage, again seems abit low for a damage oriented weapon don’t you think?

I just gave two examples out of the dozens of other examples but you get my point i hope.
Elementalist was a low healthpooled Support/Damage dealing class, doing firegrab crits over 10k, now its 3k.
Elementalist has been pushed to the point of full on support with.
Celestial dagger/dagger.
Auramancer tempest, Celestial.
Bunker staff Elementalist.

By no means am i saying that those builds shouldn’t exist.. A class has to have a support side and a offence side on Gw2, but what im seeing it is that elementalist has near to no builds supporting their offencive capabilities which pains me deeply as an elementalist main that loved to do tons of damage and kiting around surviving on my damage and skill, not bunkering and faceroll.

These are my opinions and i hope anet can do something about it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Sadly, Anet probably won’t address the issue of ele being only capable of performing 1 role (actually multiple at the same time xD, but it always includes the word celestial….). Anet has been way to busy with their Esports and ele has a place in the meta as a bunker dealing damage and supporting. Since they see it being played every game, the fact that class basically has 0 other viable builds is kinda non-existent to them. But this isn’t solely an ele problem, there are other classes with these problems too.

(edited by Tomiyou.3790)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magicarp.5640

Magicarp.5640

Yea, buff a profession that can basically ignore all damage and still have tons of damage output.

Why not just delete all the other professions and just keep ele?

re-name it : ele wars 2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Besides the delay of the Dragon’s Tooth needs to be reduced to 0.5 sec at the longest.
It already has a lengthy casttime.

A faster casttime to fire scepter #1 is needed as well, because its to slow to apply condi properly with it.

Some other scepter spells could use improvements as well.

Maybe you want to check out this link and post there some too?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Nuking-from-range-scepter/first#post5781008

Yea, buff a profession that can basically ignore all damage and still have tons of damage output.

He is talking about Scepter changes.
When was the last time you met an Ele who used Scepter?

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You do realize all eles play complete bunker because that’s pretty much the only thing left that is viable at them moment. It’s Anet that decided to make us bunker healing bots, it’s not what we wanted.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

You do realize all eles play complete bunker because that’s pretty much the only thing left that is viable at them moment. It’s Anet that decided to make us bunker healing bots, it’s not what we wanted.

+1 since the days of D/D Ele, a lot of people have been asking ANet to buff the innate survivability of weapon skills and reduce our reliance on traits (means nerf the defensive traits). Right now Ele has nothing left beside playing as a bunker. Nerf that and Ele is out.

Have you seen a glass staff Ele lately? I’m one of the fews that still play it in this Meta. It’s unviable if you face any decent team. A Rev/DH/Chrono/DareD can hunt you down and you basically has zero defense. Yes, without traits we have zero defense.

Anyway, I don’t think Ele needs a big buff. Mostly just tweak to bad skills, like Scepter auto, and Lightning Orb. I’d rather Ele not be buffed so much so people don’t start complaining.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

MrAidenVoid.7416

So what your saying is, just cause 99% uses celestial d/d or d/f means the offencive glass builds are op? grow up lol look at scrapper if you wanna talk about op kitten, it pains me to see people like you who probably dont even main ele reply to a post concerning the offencive side of a class.
I’m not saying ele is underpowered im saying the glass cannon capabilities of elementalist has been droppingn so much i dont even do anny dmg higher than 4k on medium classes. This shouldnt have happend cause elementalist was a power house glass cannon class, not a bunker auramancer bot class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

They said the would buff ele scepter.

2 Weeks later they added 1 stack of vulnerbility to scepter water 2.

Now you know exactly how much they care about us.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

MrAidenVoid.7416

If the elementalist community would cause an uproar and actually let the devs know how much they hate being shoved in the dust we would be able to fix this, but all i see is people crying about Animations and stuff.

in Elementalist

If the elementalist community would cause an uproar and actually let the devs know how much they hate being shoved in the dust we would be able to fix this, but all i see is people crying about Animations and stuff.

What do you think we did for the last 3 years? Devs con’t care. Devs certainly don’t read this forum.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

This is a confusing question, because the Scepter never really had all that much damage, at least not much sustained damage. Its burst is and was on the borderline of acceptable considering it’s a 900-range weapon, but its autoattacks are just terrible and have been just terrible since the very beginning of the game. And I say this as someone whose main has been a S/D Ele since release.

Scepter was a Damage weapon and should still be but the damage has been nerfed to the point that my Dragontooth with 25 stacks of bloodlust, 25 stacks of might marauder and full dps spec does 5-6k Critical hits, Seems abit low for a damage weapon.

The Scepter Phoenix skill was doing 2k crits for me with the same settings, giving a total of 6k critical damage, again seems abit low for a damage oriented weapon don’t you think?

The Scepter hasn’t been nerfed. ANet just included a lot of mobs with high Toughness all over HoT. If you go back and throw your skills at old targets, you’ll see the same numbers as before.

I suspect that you haven’t been around the forums very long. Everyone of every profession has whined about being underpowered since Day 1 (except Guardians, who insist they’re perfectly balanced). Doesn’t mean anything comes of it.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Power creep. There was a time when the dps of scepter kept up with other builds, while the burst was quite potent. Since the start of the game, there was some gradual power-creep that pushed scepter towards “burst or bust” weapon, but even then it had a niche. As of about a year ago (when they started buffing everything to high heaven, starting with runes/sigils, then allowing 3 trait lines, then releasing elites), the power of certain aspects of different classes has gone into overdrive, and anything not carried along in the “buff train” is left to rot in the pile of outdated garbage. You can never have diversity while constantly power-boosting things like crazy unless you are perfect and constantly update EVERYTHING. If they continue on the current path, the game WILL devolve into just 3-4 classes, and ele (due to the hybrid nature) probably won’t be one of them.

This has happened at different points in the past. All the people who cared enough either left the game, learned that the forums are completely ignored, or just learned to accept that the class has no diversity.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

U didnt read it properly But i agree with OP, ele is now about being supportive and tanky, gone are the days as more power orientated, evasive like a burst mesmer.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

i want to scepter buffed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The Scepter hasn’t been nerfed. ANet just included a lot of mobs with high Toughness all over HoT. If you go back and throw your skills at old targets, you’ll see the same numbers as before.

I don’t think anyone here is really talking about PvE when they are discussing skill balance.
Scepter is reliant on Fresh Air, and you can’t use bolt to the Heart with Fresh Air anymore. That’s a 20% nerf right there and in PvP or WvW it doesn’t cut it anymore.

Thinking they also destroyed the good old fresh-air staff build I like to run for the sake of “build variety”

in Elementalist

I don’t think anyone here is really talking about PvE when they are discussing skill balance.
Scepter is reliant on Fresh Air, and you can’t use bolt to the Heart with Fresh Air anymore. That’s a 20% nerf right there and in PvP or WvW it doesn’t cut it anymore.

Thinking they also destroyed the good old fresh-air staff build I like to run for the sake of “build variety”

Also, the damage of the lightning bolt when you attune to air (the minor master air trait) was nerfed with the pre-hot patch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

OP certainly seems to be. S/he was talking about full Bloodlust and Might stacks, which seems more likely in PvE. In any case, PvE is a huge part of the game and it seems inadvisable to dismiss it out of hand.

The Scepter is not reliant on Fresh Air. It’s a perfectly fine weapon (conceptually speaking) without abusing Electric Discharge. I’m not knocking Fresh Air builds, I just think the Scepter has more to offer.

Also, the damage of the lightning bolt when you attune to air (the minor master air trait) was nerfed with the pre-hot patch.

Yes, but OP didn’t mention that. S/he specifically mentioned skill hits, which haven’t been nerfed recently.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.