in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Discuss! Gonna be so hype.

Feedback thread for Weaver!

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

The Elite specs this expansion look really good. Ele is my main but there are other i am interested in too like Firebrand, Soulbeast and Scourge.. so many choices.

Really looking forward to this expansion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aeosoth.2461

Aeosoth.2461

Aaaaand now we have multiple weaver feedback threads before the demo has even begun

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

At least this one is almost current.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Lol didnt see the other one!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wulf.5431

Wulf.5431

Can anyone finally show what earth 3 for sword does?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Can anyone finally show what earth 3 for sword does?

It’s a multi hit, high damage, and something like 16 bleed stacks from what i’ve seen.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I’m definitely seeing Weaver as a Viper-type equipment set (as that’s what I’m testing). Even with low vitality, I rarely have to use my heal skill (granted, I’m fighting mobs in WvW). Pyro Thrust (Air + Fire) is cool, but sometimes it just won’t hit even if you’re targeting a mob or opponent and it just… misses.

Bug maybe?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

Very lackluster condition control or removal in pvp or wvw. Every match up with scourge or mirage or condi thief will be lost. Add some active condition removal to stances. The15 sec cd on unraveling hexes is totally unjustifiable when you are bombarded with condi multiple times per second vs any condition class.

(edited by Minoru.1237)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

global cooldown on elements feels terrible. takes away all the reactive gameplay and usually you don’t even stay in an element for 4 seconds.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anjoys.5367

Anjoys.5367

I don’t really see the point of Unravel, weaving between elements and wanting certain main-hand and off-hand skills really isn’t that hard, going from two elements to one is really easy.
I feel like maybe the skill should instead instantly fresh the global cool-down on attunement swaps/weaving instead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

Maybe it’s my imagination but a holosmith in photon mode was doing like double the damage as anything I could come up with as a weaver.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Near.7439

Near.7439

I don’t really see the point of Unravel, weaving between elements and wanting certain main-hand and off-hand skills really isn’t that hard, going from two elements to one is really easy.
I feel like maybe the skill should instead instantly fresh the global cool-down on attunement swaps/weaving instead.

That’s not the point of Unravel, of course it easy to get to one element. The point is to get to the OH skill you need w/o setting up and waiting 4 seconds to get there.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

So far, I’m not impressed for one reason: low damage. Even with a power, precision, ferocity amulet, my damage was absolutely awful. Running Sage’s Amulet, with 18 stacks of bleeding, it only ticked for 800! It took several seconds of constant bleeding attacks to get those stacks and it didn’t even do remotely threatening damage. I like Weaver is trying to work better with condi specs, but both power and condi sword attacks need a damage boost. AA’kittenting for not even 200 with 1050 power is terrible.

Otherwise, I love that there are so many different combinations and I hope they take the time to make many of them viable.

Also, I noticed that the superspeed GM wasn’t removing conditions. It might only be applying to movement impairing ones, and that just turns it into another version of that Tempest GM that nobody used. Barrier on dodge would have significantly more value. Rust Frenzy should not lock you in place. It only does some damage and bleeding. Actually, several skills, all earth from what I’ve noticed, lock you down, and that’s just terrible on a weapon that has little mobility and on a spec that focuses on moving around a lot. It’s counterproductive to the spec. None of the sword weapons should lock you down.

A lot of the sword skills look very nice and they offer some decent defence, but defence only lasts so long, so eventually you need to kill your target, and sword can’t do that.

Edit with updates:

Barrier is terrible! It just doesn’t stop any meaningful amount of damage. A single low damage skill can rip through a dodge barrier with ease. What I dislike the most about it is that you can’t use it in anticipation of an attack because it’s time before decaying is so short and it decays even while being attacked. So my suggestions are to remove the decay when you take damage of any kind, but if you take no damage for 1-2 seconds after applying a barrier or taking damage, then it starts to decay. Also, increase the amount given by barrier.

Some more condi cleansing on sword would be nice too as has been mentioned by many others in this thread. Sword also lacks mobility. The mobility comes from traits and since even barrier builds don’t provide enough damage mitigation, a superspeed build likely won’t either.

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asurch.9352

Asurch.9352

I really hope they buff the attunement cooldown to like 2-2.5 seconds, with dream being 1 second cd. I want to cast a few skills and then move to next attunement, not camp them for excessive periods of time.

At least let us choose attunements freely out of combat instead of having to wait 3.5 seconds to switch them. This just feels like punishing the player for nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Why in gods name would I want only half of my air attunement skills when I switch to air? The only skill that should change is the 3. Really brought micromanagement of skills to a point where I can’t even focus on playing the class.

Now I will never have my skills when I need them. Weaver would of been fine if it just changed the middle skill

Bad Elementalist

(edited by FrownyClown.8402)

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

The internal cooldown of all attunements when you change attunements does not fit well with Fresh Air builds at all.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Minoru.1237

The distance of Polaric leap needs to be increased to 900.

in Elementalist

Minoru.1237

There needs to be some condi remove on sword skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

global cooldown on elements feels terrible. takes away all the reactive gameplay and usually you don’t even stay in an element for 4 seconds.

This. Global cooldown indeed feels terrible. Elementalist gameplay is based on reacting to a certain situation and attuning to an element where you will find what you need. Weaver kills this idea on two levels:

1) Global cooldown doesn’t allow you to react anymore, it forces a rotation with fixed order. Fixed because if you mess it up, it’s really hard to go back to it because the order of attunements matters now for your most important #3 skills.
2) Offhand skills are not directly accessible anymore.

I guess you must play a rotation with weaver like old d/d times. There’s no way to avoid it in pvp.

in Elementalist

The Great Al.2546

This. Global cooldown indeed feels terrible. Elementalist gameplay is based on reacting to a certain situation and attuning to an element where you will find what you need. Weaver kills this idea on two levels:

1) Global cooldown doesn’t allow you to react anymore, it forces a rotation with fixed order. Fixed because if you mess it up, it’s really hard to go back to it because the order of attunements matters now for your most important #3 skills.
2) Offhand skills are not directly accessible anymore.

I guess you must play a rotation with weaver like old d/d times. There’s no way to avoid it in pvp.

I’m far from a top tier player but I just don’t understand how Weavers are supposed to stay alive in the front line. Barrier goes away pretty quickly and isn’t a huge amount on top of your health. There are no other passive damage mitigations and you can’t be reactive either, with the way attunement swapping works.

in Elementalist

Minoru.1237

In its current state weaver is not pvp ready. Low damage, low mobility, low condi mitigation. If you use offhand dagger you will be sniped. If you use focus you will not be able to chase your opponent with a single 450 leap. All of these problems need to be addressed to brings weaver up to the bare minimum of pvp viability.

(edited by Minoru.1237)

in Elementalist

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Damage is too low, the vitality trait doesn’t do what it says it does, atunement CD is too long. Heal skill doesn’t heal as good, Barrier on ele needs a longer decay time ,Weaving through attunements while fresh air Doesn’t work. I love weaver ,but it needs LOTS of fixes and adjustments.

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

that primordial stance utility skill does a fair bit of condi damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I’m still at work so I haven’t tested the Weaver for myself yet, but so far this is not encouraging…seems like my initial suspicions about Weaver lacking survivability and reaction potential are being confirmed.

I guess I’ll hold off the true complaining until after I’ve had a chance to play around with it.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

cursE.1794

The longer I think about it the more clear it becomes to me that there is only one chance to prevent weaver from becoming a huge disappointment: Completely remove the attunement cooldowns and balance the rest of the skills in a way so that the elementalist doesn’t become completely overpowered.

But I’ve been playing this game for 4 years now and as I know Arenanet, they will just decrease the “we lock you out of every attunement for 4 seconds and force you into a fixed rotation” cooldown by 10% and leave the mechanic as broken as it is.

Cooldown kills the fun of this class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

I love it. I feel like it fills the specific bruiser-y feel while still allowing other builds to shine. It doesn’t feel overpowered, but feels perfectly viable, even if it isn’t optimal, which I think makes it darn near perfect.

in Elementalist

Minoru.1237

It isn’t viable at all. You’ll get dunked by any other condi class and the power damage is sub par. Base s/f is a better pvp spec and that isn’t even viable in top tier play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anadur.4832

Anadur.4832

Cant get it to work in pvp, if anyone finds some nice build/strat I love to hear about it,, but this is horrible. Back to tempest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Weaver is unplayable if you can’t swap leading with off hand weapon. Off-hand skills are powerful but for situational use and waiting 4 seconds makes them useless. The defense skills you need to stay alive as always buried under 4-7 second cooldowns.

in Elementalist

Minoru.1237

Why is there a 3/4 casting time on earthen vortex and why does it lock you in place? That skill should be instant. As it is now enemies just walk right out of range.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

I do not think the weaver has anywhere near as many condition removals as is necessary to survive a 1v1 let alone 1vx.
Imagine HoT classes: eating a single condi bomb by a necro, crossing a condi mesmer, facing a condi thief or ranger etc. Let alone w/e is going to happen with condis in PoF…
How do we strip the stack of conditions?
I scrolled through the abilities and I can barely find condi cleanses anywhere.
Specicng into and attuning to water will not be enough to strip a stack.
Further, I much prefer active condition cleansing instead of passive mitigation like Diamond skin which cannot be relied upon if you eat a single backstab.
I think condition cleanses need to be integrated into either attunement swapping or throughout sword abilities such that we can strip off a stack of conditions to surive a bomb and long drawn out fight.
This class is so incredibly complex (which is AWESOME) that I don’t know how to fit this in without making it OP. But as it stands, I don’t see how there is enough.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

It isn’t viable at all. You’ll get dunked by any other condi class and the power damage is sub par. Base s/f is a better pvp spec and that isn’t even viable in top tier play.

I never said anything about PvP. Even then, once the XPac hits, the meta will jump into a big state of flux, things will change, and even if Weaver doesn’t find a place in the meta, it’s not that big of a deal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I’ve used mainly dagger/focus and sceptre/focus with lots of different stat set ups and trait lines.

I agree with the rest of you. Cooldowns make it impossible to react properly to things like projectiles. Normally I’d switch to air/earth for my focus abilities but now you have to wait a few seconds by which time you don’t really need those skills anymore/you’re dead. Barrier does not make up for this even when fully traited with dodge-rolls and everything.

On the other hand, I do enjoy the now very complex rotations. I’ve been doing pretty decent damage with fire/air and air/earth abilities with dagger/focus. I’ve been trying to use the fire and earth trait lines but I find I really need fresh air for the third skills on air/fire and air/earth.

Survivability, for me, has strangely become about NEVER using water. Since I haven’t been using the water trait line, when I do use water, my new rotations are destroyed, I can’t get my reflects/blocks up on time and I die screaming. The 3 skills for water aren’t particularly good for the dagger/focus combo anyway.

I’m not sure what to make of the utilities overall. I hate the healing skill. I’ve been using Glyph almost the entire time. Primordial stance is quite good. It’s quite difficult to use fire-fire attunement for the double burn but I usually get it off during my fire-earth or fire-air attunements which turns out ok. The stunbreak/evade is alright but I can’t really get used to using that second to cast it. Stone resonance is forgettable. Barriers really don’t seem like a good way to go for the ele. Unravel has been messing up my rotations so I stopped using it. The elite is probably the best elite the ele has but it’s very difficult to use mid-fight. I usually activate it before I attack anyone.

My only problems with the traits are that the barriers provided for Elemental Refreshment and Invigorating Strikes aren’t much use to me since I can’t seem to use any barriers effectively. It’s only been a couple of hours though so maybe I’ll figure something out.

The traits are good. Some skills are very good and some are very mediocre. Mechanics like barriers and cooldowns are very disappointing. I very much enjoy the third-skill mechanic.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Luindu.2418

Luindu.2418

Imho:
1. Attunement CD is the worst
2. Barriers do nothing
3. Low damage

in Elementalist

cursE.1794

I’m giving up on this elite spec which is awful to play and unable to compete in pvp but maybe you want to keep trying so I’m sharing the d/d rotation I worked out. Focus is of course out of the game because weaver locks you out of your #4,5 skills and sword is just awful because you’ll easily be kited.

Assume you start in fire/water and use your new burning speed/water hybrid skill #3 to deal some damage. Then you attune to air/fire, lay down a fire field and use your #3 hybrid which is a blast finisher, followed by earth/air which grants you access to ride the lightning and updraft, which you can combine with earth#2, hybrid #3 to deal some close range damage. After that, you attune to water/earth and wait until the attunement cooldown has expired. Then you use the #3 hybrid (let’s call it muddy speed) to stun foes so you can immediately go to fire/water and use your burning speed hybrid again.

If anyone can get this thing to work with the correct traits, amulet, runes and sigils, feel free to share your experience. A good synergy that I noticed is using arcane blast in earth attunement with elemental surge trait as a gap closer.

in Elementalist

Minoru.1237

It’s a make or break deal for me. I only pvp and wvw. I don’t plan on buying the expansion until they fix weaver and make it The pvp spec. Currently ele has no good damage specs for pvp. They are outperformed by other classes.

I never said anything about PvP. Even then, once the XPac hits, the meta will jump into a big state of flux, things will change, and even if Weaver doesn’t find a place in the meta, it’s not that big of a deal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

1. Autoattack chains deal so low of damage it made me cringe
2. Traits are garbage and you sacrifice a lot of useful and important options with other specialization choices
3. Difficult to swap between attunements thanks to the cooldowns
4. Utilities and elite seem really lackluster.
5. Annoying that when you’re using weaver you lose access to half of your skills as a tradeoff for getting a single twin skill when you’re dually attuned to elements. If it changed just ONE skill, it’d be fine… but for example what the hell am I supposed to do when I have staff equipped and I’m on fire/air, and I have lava font but no meteor shower? That is terribly designed.

I want this to be a competitive way to play elementalist in PvE and if it’s better damage to take things that existed for the past few years than everything offered from this then what was the point of designing it? Also it feels like Arenanet is too scared to decide whether or not weaver is meant to add anything to power ele or if they want it to be only useful for condi builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Used sword with berserker amulet and scholar runes on the test dummies, and damage feels really weak, especially air :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

So far I’ve only tested on various golems in the PvP lobby (mainly a PvE player, so don’t really do PvP, & not confident that I’d learn anything trying it in WvW).

But I’m finding that I’m really struggling to work out a good rotation, the cooldown on attunements seems to be locking me out of doing any sort of free flowing combo. I seem to be ending up stuck in attunements for far longer than I need to be. (this is with sword / dagger).

With staff (which is what I use now), I still couldn’t really seem to get into a flow, the number 3 combo skills seemed fun, but most didn’t feel that powerful.

On the test golems it felt like I was taking them down considerably quicker using staff tempest, and doing a lot more damage than I could seem to get out of weaver.

I’m not a great player, so maybe it will just take me a lot of gameplay time to learn how to really use weaver. But though I’ve been looking forward to it, my gut feeling right now is come PoF I’ll continue as a tempest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

First impression

Can’t make new elite spec proper dps build or I am to rusty and corrupted by stupidly easy tempest.

Barrier almost doesn’t exists on mender…

Seen some streams of ex-prolauge dudes…so get Hyped! We will have now new support/tank spec..and for our build diversity healbot…

No no no no! fu** it. Not buying new expansion.

I do some stuff with new elite spec on Sunday…maybe I will change my mind…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

The Great Al.2546

1. Autoattack chains deal so low of damage it made me cringe
2. Traits are garbage and you sacrifice a lot of useful and important options with other specialization choices
3. Difficult to swap between attunements thanks to the cooldowns
4. Utilities and elite seem really lackluster.
5. Annoying that when you’re using weaver you lose access to half of your skills as a tradeoff for getting a single twin skill when you’re dually attuned to elements. If it changed just ONE skill, it’d be fine… but for example what the hell am I supposed to do when I have staff equipped and I’m on fire/air, and I have lava font but no meteor shower? That is terribly designed.

I want this to be a competitive way to play elementalist in PvE and if it’s better damage to take things that existed for the past few years than everything offered from this then what was the point of designing it? Also it feels like Arenanet is too scared to decide whether or not weaver is meant to add anything to power ele or if they want it to be only useful for condi builds.

This isn’t a PvE spec. Barriers are going to do nothing against the damage you see in PvE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: whasabee.2370

whasabee.2370

more flexibility is greatly needed

removing cooldown on atunment

or allow us to swap weapon, making oof hand/main hand swap position in the SAME elemental combo

( just an idea)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Not only do the attacks feel kinda lackluster and weak but you can’t mix elements for interesting powers.I’m so disappointed.

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Attuned to Fire/Air with a focus. Need invul from earth 5 but can’t get it until 4 seconds later.

Slow gameplay, mediocre damage. I’m going to give this expansion a pass for now. My best build was a sages sw/f build using adventure runes. Stupid slow and could rarely catch anyone. The sustain was up there though.

My advice to anet is remove this 4s lockout from attunements and increase the range of our leaps. This is easily the worst spec

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Really like it going to take a a lil bit to get used to the swapping and the utility that lets us force pure attunments looks like it might be mandatory for raiding.

in Elementalist

cursE.1794

My advice to anet is remove this 4s lockout from attunements and increase the range of our leaps. This is easily the worst spec

Yeah, these sword leaps are supposed to be gap closers yet their range is 450. It’s like Arenanet is making fun of us.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Sword is awesome, aesthetically speaking. Rest is as other said. Low Damage, Low mobility, Low damage mitigation, Low condi mitigation. May work in PvE. Ate like 4.5k crits froms holosmith AA. I think ranger pets do more damage. But it’s maybe too early, somehow someone can make it work but i feel it would require 10 times more efforts and pianoing than any other spec. At least it’s fun to play.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Damage mods look nice. That’s about it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

It needs to CD of the current attunement you’re already in to be reduced to something like 2 seconds or so, 4s is a little much. I don’t like the idea of using the utility skill to overcome this.