Focus. Make some noise!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

fire skills need a huge buff, but the others are mostly fine

I dunno, Flamewall isn’t too bad because it’s a fire field on which you can blast for might. Fire Shield also allows for more might stacking.
Can’t ask for much more than that considering focus is meant to be more defensive : /

You have to get hit to get might from fire shield, and it’s plenty easy to stack might without it.
As for flame wall: it’s only a fire field. Since that’s only thing it has going for it, it’s easily outclassed by ring of fire, which does reasonable damage and has a nicer shape.

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

I dunno, Flamewall isn’t too bad because it’s a fire field on which you can blast for might. Fire Shield also allows for more might stacking.
Can’t ask for much more than that considering focus is meant to be more defensive : /

You have to get hit to get might from fire shield, and it’s plenty easy to stack might without it.
As for flame wall: it’s only a fire field. Since that’s only thing it has going for it, it’s easily outclassed by ring of fire, which does reasonable damage and has a nicer shape.

pretty much. i can crit 3-4k on zerker on initial burst of ring of fire. and then the 5+ seconds of burning EVERY time they pass it, ALL on a 15s cd.

Highest crit ive seen flamewall do is 300. 3-hundred. on 100% zerk set. with 1s burning going through it. It should block projectiles, as goes with the theme for the rest of the focus. and then maybe reduce duration to 5s. thats not enough though for the skill itself. it really needs to do 3+ seconds of burning upon being hit by it or passing through. the damage needs a 1000% increase. yes, one thousand percent. it is literally the lowest hitting skill we have while on land.

Side note- a complete rework for fire in focus is fine. complete new skills will be more than wanted. fire aura is trash due to CD, flamewall is flamewall.
yes its a fire field, but fields should NOT be the reason a skill exists. they should be benefits to a skill that can be taken advantage of.

take a look at static field- outside of being lightning field, it stuns for 2s and does reasonable damage all while being un-blockable with no aoe limit. but you can use it for aoe swiftness as a benefit of the skill. it seems flamewall was designed purely for being a fire field that you can shoot through or use, which is counter-productive. it needs to actually do something first before you can say “oh yea, its a field as well.”
and flamewall does nothing outside of being a fire field.

I am a teef
:)

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

what are your suggestions then? Can you accept that focus is never used in pvp? Im not one of those idiots asking for buffs when buffs aren’t needed, i am being extremely serious when i say “im willing to bet less than 3% of all eles playing spvp and wvw actually use focus”.

When theres such a huge disparity, something is inherently and apparently wrong with focus. Please, shed light on what’s wrong if youre saying we can’t ask for much more than a …. freakin fire field…

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Fire 4 = Slightly weak. Increase its duration and its AoE length so I get a bit of the tip sticking out I can combo with when bad players fill the ground with useless AoEs in dungeons. Instacast, or greatly reduced cast time. It would be nice if it crippled/immobilised in addition to the burn, but not entirely necessary if the above are fulfilled.

Fire 5 = Weak in the extreme. Reduce cooldown, increase aura length, add protection/retaliation, or let it burn enemies around you, rather than just those who attack you. This is the most useless skill in the set.

Water 4 = Ok, but can do with a bit of a cooldown reduction.

Water 5 = Ok, but needs cooldown reduction.

Air 4 = Ok.

Air 5 = Ok, but needs cooldown reduction.

Earth 4 = Good.

Earth 5 = Good.

My build is Scepter/Focus btw. Basically on the whole the CDs are too long, and Fire 5 is so kitten weak it’s laughable. Aside from that I don’t really have much to complain about. It’s very good in PvE, high level fractals, etc.

I don’t see it as a weapon set that is of much use in PvP content however.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I’d never run focus simply because of how inferior it is to O/H dagger, specifically, the complete lack of any kind of healing or mobility skills. The earth skills on focus are equal to dagger, but all the other focus skills are considerably weaker.

Focus needs a major buff IMO. In particular:

• fire #4 – just pathetically weak, useful only as fire field for blasting
  • fire #5 – also very weak
  • air #4 – should probably grant swiftness, earth #4 already reflects projectiles so potentially rework this skill (blind?)
  • water #4 – low dmg single target chill – compare to http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spinal_Shivers, which does much more dmg, has longer chill and shorter cooldown.
downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

The focus is a defensive offhand weapon set. I don’t agree any of it skills need more damage. However, I do agree that fire 4 and 5 skill are weak and for me it just doesn’t belong. As for the rest of the focus skills I truly like them.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

The focus is a defensive offhand weapon set. I don’t agree any of it skills need more damage. However, I do agree that fire 4 and 5 skill are weak and for me it just doesn’t belong. As for the rest of the focus skills I truly like them.

Defense/damage are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Line skills are often designed as area denial; why not turn Fire 4 into that? Make it cause heavy damage when it is crossed to punish people for entering the area you are defending, or simply place an obstacle between you and a would-be attacker. Fire 5 could have a unique retaliation-like effect (for the weapon skill version only) that is more powerful than the boon but is balanced by the skill’s recharge.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

I should probably add that water 4’s current cooldown could be ok under the condition that it is turned into a 300 unit 5 target max AoE chill centred on the selected target.

One target for its current cooldown is bad, but aside from cutting the cooldown raising it to multitarget will also work.

If Fire 4 inflicted Immob in addition to burn it’d fulfil the area denial function, though I doubt any but the lousiest players will be hit by that. It would be useful in PvE though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

3 good skills, 5 laughable.
Therefore, I am making some noise

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

Water #4 keeping its CD and becoming AOE instead of single target seems reasonable. The benchmark here should be http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spinal_Shivers.

I think Fire #4 would be fine with 3-4sec of burning instead of its current 1sec. It would be nice if there were a secondary use for it though, like passing through it removes conditions, or enemies passing through it are crippled, something like that.

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

still hoping focus gets some attention in the new year.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I find the only thing I use Flame Wall for is to blast for might.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: datwarrior.5280

datwarrior.5280

Bumping for all focus-ele kind. Yesterday, I made my ele and started playing. One of the first things to strike me was Fire Shield’s UP-ness. It’s not a shield at all, and it encourages you to get hit, which isn’t good if you’re an ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvershadez.8421

silvershadez.8421

I’ll be honest. I use focus more then offhand daggers. It offers us some of the best defense skills and allows me to survive as a fully geared zerker ele.

I don’t think focus needs much of a rework. I find almost any skill worth it EXCEPT fire 4 and 5. Fire 4 would be awesome with a faster animation similar to Ring of Fire (Dagger #4).

In my oppinion it’s the staff that needs more attention (lightning especially). And scepter fire autoattack and water #2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Do any of u think that Magnetic Wave (earth #4) should be an aura effect and work with Powerful Aura?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Fire 4: Complete redo. Takes too long to cast as well. It only works as a mediocre fire field.
Fire 5: Could be changed to something unique. A shield is for protection, yet it does nothing of the sort, Anet.

Air 5: Lower CD please. At least 10 secs.

Water 4: Much longer duration, an AoE effect, or a redo entirely. Something with an ice combo field would be encouraged as it works in favor of the defensive/support weapon that it is supposed to be.

What this person said! +1.000.000!

(edited by Malcastus.6240)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

The only two things really bad about focus in my opinion are Fire#5 and a chicken for legendary. I’d rather they just fix Fire#5 than screw the focus up all over.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

The only two things really bad about focus in my opinion are Fire#5 and a chicken for legendary. I’d rather they just fix Fire#5 than screw the focus up all over.

You’re entitled to your opinion.
But… lol…. When is the last time you used focus? The focus for ele is beyond screwed, and even if they screw it up more (by some weird way..) thats better than nothing, cause, you know what, that tells me that the devs acknowledge the existence of focus.

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: Viprek.6730

Viprek.6730

But… lol…. When is the last time you used focus? The focus for ele is beyond screwed, and even if they screw it up more (by some weird way..) thats better than nothing, cause, you know what, that tells me that the devs acknowledge the existence of focus.

I personally use focus (s/f) A LOT, one of my preferred weapon-sets vs. others of my class. It can beat most, if not all, s/d and d/d eles of equal skill in 1v1. Flame wall can be useful to bleed out downed players, for fury / might stacking while not being in melee range and not having to use staff (worse weapon-set than focus for 1v1). It has the most/fastest blast finishers in the game.

Burst can be great as well, having 2 cantrips that surpass the utility cantrips by far (cleansing fire / mist form), you’re able to use arcane utilities without sacrificing too much survivability, effectively stomp / rez, you CAN use arcane brilliance heal effectively with this set. Coupled with fresh air you can do pretty intense dmg on a not so long cooldown.

Not to compare the damage output of a thief or survivability/damage imbalance of a warrior, which are the extremes of the current meta, but they are far from useless and very beneficial on making those classes even stronger with all the damage buffs and long range burst.

related link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0bW4as-nI&feature=youtu.be

Granted, this is a hotjoin fight filled with players of various skill levels and far from the requirements of a class expecting a spot in a top 100 t. arena. But I don’t believe useless is the correct word.

I do wish gale would have a shorter cooldown and flamewall a faster cast time, though…

-Seikir

in Elementalist

Iris Ng.9845

The focus is fine in PvE and dungeons. Those are the part of the game that I actively participate right now. I stand up for my opinion, instead of QQ.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

Make flamewall into Flamefield and give it a area as big as warriors longbow F1 skill

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

The focus is fine in PvE and dungeons. Those are the part of the game that I actively participate right now. I stand up for my opinion, instead of QQ.

um….. . . . . . everything is fine for pve and dungeons……. the amount of skill required for dungeons and pve is next to nothing. So of course you can say that.

Step foot in wvw or tpvp, and maybe, just maybe you will off the bat see whats wrong.

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

The moment Fire Aura changes is the time Focus becomes an attractive tool.

As it stands now, Fire Aura sucks.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

yea i feel that if fire aura were changed to something like “gives you 2 might stacks per hit, .5s icd. 2s burning” with 30s cd and same duration, not only would ele be buffed as a whole but focus just get a whole lot better.

in other words, if this got changed to this DONT HIT ELES WITH FIRE AURA yay! or they gain an abnormal amount of might and will kill you. That should be a huge incentive to stop hitting you if they know what fire aura does.

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

yea i feel that if fire aura were changed to something like “gives you 2 might stacks per hit, .5s icd. 2s burning” with 30s cd and same duration, not only would ele be buffed as a whole but focus just get a whole lot better.

in other words, if this got changed to this DONT HIT ELES WITH FIRE AURA yay! or they gain an abnormal amount of might and will kill you. That should be a huge incentive to stop hitting you if they know what fire aura does.

The problem is any buff to fire shield the ability is a buff to fire aura the effect. And since the ele can (with a master trait, a MH dagger, and a focus) have up to six procs of a fire aura on their bar, buffing is a matter of compounding variables. But I also don’t want to see that trait or combo proc removed because I think this has potential for really fun (and possibly competitive) auramancer builds, if and when the focus and signets don’t suck.

I wonder if we could just change it to give a smaller might proc each time we deal damage, rather than take it. Fire (and therefore fire aura) works off the fire tree, a tree with no defense whatsoever in which you should not EVER be voluntarily taking hits to the face no matter what buff you get from it.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Iris Ng.9845

um….. . . . . . everything is fine for pve and dungeons……. the amount of skill required for dungeons and pve is next to nothing. So of course you can say that.

Step foot in wvw or tpvp, and maybe, just maybe you will off the bat see whats wrong.

The OP asked for opinions about the focus, he did not specify which area of the game. I enjoy using the focus in PvE and Dungeons where it can be pretty challenge sometimes. You are clearly entitled to your opinion to say that no skills are required for dungeons and pve. But that’s a separate matter.

I’m aware that the current state of tpvp is stale for the elementalist in general, but focus finds its use in WvW well, both in a small group and a zerg.

That said, I’m good if they split up pvp and pve, and balance each part properly. It is really unnecessary to cry it out loud like you representing the whole elementalist community.

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

The OP asked for opinions about the focus, he did not specify which area of the game. I enjoy using the focus in PvE and Dungeons where it can be pretty challenge sometimes. You are clearly entitled to your opinion to say that no skills are required for dungeons and pve. But that’s a separate matter.

I’m aware that the current state of tpvp is stale for the elementalist in general, but focus finds its use in WvW well, both in a small group and a zerg.

That said, I’m good if they split up pvp and pve, and balance each part properly. It is really unnecessary to cry it out loud like you representing the whole elementalist community.

I’m the op, and no, I did not ask for opinions. I stated my stand on focus, and then many many many many elementalists proceeded to agree with me. I then asked questions about focus which had nothing to do with PvE and WvW. It’s really unnecessary for you to cry out loud and make things up.

Side note, no. Focus does not see any uses in wvw. You may as well have won the lottery if you find a focus-using ele in wvw. I shall admit focus has considerable uses in pve though.

My point is that you can use anything for pve and still get by. You CAN’T however use focus in pvp and get by. Enough said. Do you understand? Why would you even be disagreeing with any of us if its going to get focus buffed…..

Insert jackie chan meme.

I am a teef

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I have never seen a DnF or SnF ele in the last 3 months.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: dostunuz.3982

dostunuz.3982

D/F is kitten anyway. Also i have seen S/F full zerker ele in wvw but very minimal numbers. Still this doesn’t change the fact Focus is not good in pvp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

I have been using focus in PvE lately and I agree that its fire skills are laughable, while its water skills also need a boost in some way. I can understand why people do not use it in PvP, while you have 3 very good skills your focus is almost useless while those are on cooldown.

Off topic, regarding OP’s response to Iris, which I believe was entirely unfair:

The OP asked for opinions about the focus, he did not specify which area of the game.
snip

I’m the op, and no, I did not ask for opinions. I stated my stand on focus, and then many many many many elementalists proceeded to agree with me. I then asked questions about focus which had nothing to do with PvE and WvW. It’s really unnecessary for you to cry out loud and make things up.
snip

OP, with all due respect, in that case you have not made that clear in your opening post. Iris response is most certainly valid regarding the opening post, and she is certainly not making things up. I included the OP at my time of writing below for reference.

I believe you overlooked how general your opening post was if you truly meant to only get WvW and PvP perspectives on this. It does not state that you limit your scope to these game modes. As you can see, you also explicitly asked opinions with your question, to which Iris was directly responding in her first post. If you are not interested in this kind of answer I advise you to change the OP accordingly.

As we all know, there are only 3 / 8 skills inside the focus set that are acceptable. Earth 4+5 and air 4. All the other skills are completely lackluster. Make some noise, keep this thread bumped for a good time, we need focus to be buffed. cmon!!!

Side note – Question to ele players : Would you be okay if anet completely changed some of the focus’s skills? Or completely re-worked focus and gave it completely different skills? How about changing the other 5 lack luster skills? Which is water attune, fire attune, and 5 on air. MY ANSWER…………….
YES! (for all 3 questions it is a yes!!! a RESOUNDING yes!)
Again- Point of this thread is to make some noise, let us be heard, focus is reallly bad concerning the other 5 skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

The problem is any buff to fire shield the ability is a buff to fire aura the effect.

not necessarily
you could simply give the ability another effect that isn’t part of the fire aura buff
or you could make a copy of the fire aura buff that’s specific to the fire shield ability and is stronger than the standard combo finisher fire aura buff

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

I started to use D/F in late November 2012 and since the end of December 2012 i only use it, but i’m playing on EU
To make it work with D/F in www, i play asura, for the racial interupt, but i can still win without it, even if it’s harder.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

It doesn’t appear that they’re making changes to focus this time around, even though they are playing with weapon skills and utilities. This is getting sad.

Please make Flamewall, Fire Shield, Freezing Gust and Gale appealing, Anet. The two fire skills being in dire need of attention.

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

I have been using focus in PvE lately and I agree that its fire skills are laughable, while its water skills also need a boost in some way. I can understand why people do not use it in PvP, while you have 3 very good skills your focus is almost useless while those are on cooldown.

Off topic, regarding OP’s response to Iris, which I believe was entirely unfair:

The OP asked for opinions about the focus, he did not specify which area of the game.
snip

snip

OP, with all due respect, in that case you have not made that clear in your opening post. Iris response is most certainly valid regarding the opening post, and she is certainly not making things up. I included the OP at my time of writing below for reference.

I believe you overlooked how general your opening post was if you truly meant to only get WvW and PvP perspectives on this. It does not state that you limit your scope to these game modes. As you can see, you also explicitly asked opinions with your question, to which Iris was directly responding in her first post. If you are not interested in this kind of answer I advise you to change the OP accordingly.

As we all know, there are only 3 / 8 skills inside the focus set that are acceptable. Earth 4+5 and air 4. All the other skills are completely lackluster. Make some noise, keep this thread bumped for a good time, we need focus to be buffed. cmon!!!

Side note – Question to ele players : Would you be okay if anet completely changed some of the focus’s skills? Or completely re-worked focus and gave it completely different skills? How about changing the other 5 lack luster skills? Which is water attune, fire attune, and 5 on air. MY ANSWER…………….
YES! (for all 3 questions it is a yes!!! a RESOUNDING yes!)
Again- Point of this thread is to make some noise, let us be heard, focus is reallly bad concerning the other 5 skills.

We aren’t even talking about focus anymore. You an iris brought up semantics and opinions. Clear signs you care much more about those than the subject.

What I’m trying to iterate really is that any opinions with regards to focus and PvE aren’t as important as opinions regarding focus in spvp and wvw. This is so because you can do anything in pve and get by well. You can’t however use anything(focus) in spvp or wvw and still get by well.

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

I still clearly stated in my post that I agree that a few focus skills are lacklustre and that I would like to see them updated. Even though it gets by in PVE I find it disappointing that I use some of the skills on focus only ever as an afterthought (oh, I am in fire attunement, might as well press 5, it does not interrupt my autoattack) and never miss them when I cannot use them due to attunement or skill cooldown.

Off topic time again, in response.
The fact that I went off topic for a larger part of my earlier post was
1: because everything I could add had already been said countless times in this thread. I would not have been here if this thread was not about focus, or how else would you explain me skimming up to page 5?
2: I am not fond of people treating others unfairly (however harmless the situation), so since I was about to post I decided to dwell on that a bit, with an off topic disclaimer.

You are right, this thread is not about semantics, but as long as the “semantics” in your opening post clearly imply that you are asking for opinions without specifying game type, you will get exactly those opinions. You then have no right to tell those players off because they don’t get the point of the thread, and because you do not care for their opinions. That’s why I pointed to what you wrote. Like I said, if you wish to move to the pvp perspective exclusively, consider updating the OP.

Oops, I did it again. Also, consider this a bump to the first page.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

You CAN’T however use focus in pvp and get by. Enough said.

So, what? devs have already said that not all weapons sets have to be as good/viable in all game modes and that some can be better for PVE while others better for PVP.

Focus is my favorite PVE weapon and I wouldn’t want to see it lose the things that make it good in PVE just because people have been whining hard enough in this place.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I love to play with the focus! Too bad it’s not that strong as it should be. Fire #4, Fire #5, Water #4 and Air #5 need a buff.

Please ArenaNet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’ve been playing with focus for the last few days in pve, pvp, and wvw. It’s pretty fun to use. Not quite used to d/f yet, but s/f feels like the true bunker Ele.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skrill.6170

Skrill.6170

While I agree that some of the skills need rework, I think most of you really really underestimate the focus.

I’m a rank 50 tpvp ele. I’m running a full zerker fresh air build s/f and I am really successful with it.
The focus allows me to actually engage in a real fight without dying when an enemy sneezes my way while still having unbelievable burst damage.

Now why do I think the focus isn’t as bad as u think:
On a regular class you get 4 skills from your offhand.
Which skills are fine on ele focus?
- Air 4 (could use some utility buff, like swiftness)
- Air 5 (could use a slight cd reduction)
- Earth 4: This skill is soooooo amazing… decent aoe dmg, cripple, 3 condis remove, projectile reflection aaaand blast finisher. just amazing
- Earth 5: … So strong. leave it as it is. it’s perfect.

Those are 4 good skills. Those skills make focus worth using. trust me!

The rest of the skills really need some rework (fire cough)… but some of the things you suggest are just crazy and would make the focus an op weapon.

pce

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

The rest of the skills really need some rework (fire cough)… but some of the things you suggest are just crazy and would make the focus an op weapon.

We already know that Air and Earth are decent and good respectively, and we already know that Water and Fire are lacking. What ideas do you have about how they could be improved?

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

I think a respectable nerf to earth could be in place if we can see some major buffs to fire/water come along with that.

Something I’ve thought of, maybe have obsidian flesh be 3s invuln and then have its cooldown reduced to 40s. (it is an overall nerf.)
Then for magnetic wave we could have the condi cleanse reduced to 2 instead of 3.

This is of course assuming water and fire are reworked in a very positive way.
(reviving old thread because of major patch. Fingers crossed. But I know they won’t do anything anyways… … )

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

Focus is extremely strong in a pvp (be it wvw or spvp) format. Its defensive abilities let you play very glassy.
However, a cool change that I’d like to see to the fire aura (fire #5) would be to make it similar to the summoner spell “Ignite” in League of Legends. Let’s say it would incorporate a damage multiplier of like… 10 to 20% to critical damage for a few seconds while consumming 50% of your endurance, on a 50 seconds or 60 seconds cooldown. You could even keep benefitting from the current skill effect, as it doesn’t do much right now but could be added value if such a change was to be made. Thoughts ?

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

Focus is extremely situational and somtimes strong but mostly weak in pvp

I fixed that for you.

As for your idea though, almost any change is welcome to fire on focus. (water too)
I especially like it though.

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I’ve been farting a year and a half about Foci and they just don’t care about it. Enough noise from one man…

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

MAKE MORE NOISE!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

doesn’t looks like devs have any interest in taking care of Focus yet
this interesting thread is five months old and no red tag has ever showed up here so who knows when things will be going to change (if ever, that is)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

What if the effect of Fire Shield was changed to be offensive, burning and giving might when you attack instead of currently requiring the user to be struck?

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Meh, the fake leaked notes had actually some good ideas in order to buff the focus without making it OP.

Too bad.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Don’t give up. Keep making noise!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

D/F is fun for insane zerg fights where a D/D ele may fear getting focus fired. It’s fun in big fights with Earth or air.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper