Glyph of Elemental Power, Glitched

in Elementalist

Posted by: Akbaroth.2861

Akbaroth.2861

i was testing GoEP in the heart of the mists with my daggers and noticed whenever i use the air, fire, or earth versions of the glyph with the water 1 skill, there was a chance it would apply the condition to me.

the fire version didn’t burn me very often, the earth version had 50% upkeep on crippling me, the air version maintained weakness on me nearly 100%, couldn’t get the water version to chill me at all, but it rarely chilled the golem either.

i tried it with all the other dagger1 skills and none of them conditioned me, as well as using several other skills at once, i could only get the water auto attack to do it to me. also have not yet tried other weapons.

finally “((Chance to Trigger)): 25%” DON’T BELIEVE THEIR LIES! the water version barely activated chill at all, and the burn from fire wasn’t 1 in 4 hits either.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

i was testing GoEP in the heart of the mists with my daggers and noticed whenever i use the air, fire, or earth versions of the glyph with the water 1 skill, there was a chance it would apply the condition to me.

the fire version didn’t burn me very often, the earth version had 50% upkeep on crippling me, the air version maintained weakness on me nearly 100%, couldn’t get the water version to chill me at all, but it rarely chilled the golem either.

i tried it with all the other dagger1 skills and none of them conditioned me, as well as using several other skills at once, i could only get the water auto attack to do it to me. also have not yet tried other weapons.

finally “((Chance to Trigger)): 25%” DON’T BELIEVE THEIR LIES! the water version barely activated chill at all, and the burn from fire wasn’t 1 in 4 hits either.

I will test this and confirm it for you. Last thing we need are recently buffed glyphs being bugged lol.

On your comment of the trigger chance, I feel 25% is fairly accurate since I am able to proc at least 1 if not 2 conditions with GoEP using sceptre air 1 (without using 2 or 3).
So in 4 hits im getting a varied amount of 25%-50% procs. The fact that you said you could maintain 100% weakness uptime on yourself itself shows its got a good proc rate :P

Chill is the shortest duration (2sec) and there are many classes who run chill duration reduction from traits/runes/etc. I never use chill. I almost exclusively use the weakness (especially now after weakness buff) or cripple for fleeing enemies.

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

in Elementalist

Akbaroth.2861

i was mostly paying attention to the fact that i was condi-ing myself, but i’m fairly sure that it’s not 25% for each element. the only one that really felt like it wakittenting 1/4 times was air.

also i was attack the training golems in the heart of the mists, a real battle would be far too unstable for me to get reliable results

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

i think it has a 5 sec internal cooldown.So its 25% until you procc it and then its 0% until 5 seconds have passed

in Elementalist

Akbaroth.2861

i was sespecting an internal cool down, but i think it’s 3 seconds, several times when spamming vapor blade the weakness renewed instantly and i have +0% condi duration

though i did notice the weakness on my self get 6 seconds a couple of times, so i don’t think the internal cooldown applies with the bug hitting you

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

Well, the Water 1 skill travels back to you , so for an ANet I guess it’s only logical to apply the GoEP conditions to you as well when it ‘hits’ you on its way back.

You guys really thought you’d get a buffed elementalist skill for free? It always comes at a cost.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Confirmed. It is a bug with GoEP and Dagger water 1 since it has a return effect. It doesn’t affect Scepter auto attacks.

So yes you get conditions applied to you if you used the dagger 1 attack with GoEP (for any attunement effect).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

i was sespecting an internal cool down, but i think it’s 3 seconds, several times when spamming vapor blade the weakness renewed instantly and i have +0% condi duration

though i did notice the weakness on my self get 6 seconds a couple of times, so i don’t think the internal cooldown applies with the bug hitting you

If icd is indeed 3 sec thats amazing.New weakness is way too strong,op imo and having almost perma access to it with only the glyph is great. The bug is funny though..They always manage to kitten it up in some way

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Well, the Water 1 skill travels back to you , so for an ANet I guess it’s only logical to apply the GoEP conditions to you as well when it ‘hits’ you on its way back.

You guys really thought you’d get a buffed elementalist skill for free? It always comes at a cost.

Next up – if you use GoEP while not stunned, it stuns you for 3 seconds!

This needs to be fixed tho, srsly.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

Next up – if you use GoEP while not stunned, it stuns you for 3 seconds!

This needs to be fixed tho, srsly.

Might just be intended. I think it’s a great change actually. I remember when they massacred RTL to 40s CD and some people claimed it’s a good change because you now have to use RTL more carefully. Well guess what, same applies here! Water 1 won’t return if it hits terrain before reaching max range, so everything’s fine really. You just gotta use it more carefully and make sure there’s terrain to hit in front of you when using water 1 with GoEP buff in effect.

Edit: Also, this change only affects mainhand Dagger, neither Staff nor Scepter. So it creates build diversity! All hail the ANet masterminds, another brilliant change!

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

(edited by makku.2508)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I just think its funny it took this long for this to get posted here. Nobody must be using glyph builds. I know I haven’t even slotted one since fresh air patch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Even a 3s icd on goep makes it worthless outside of solo fights because you have better options to put in that slot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gothir.3604

Gothir.3604

Even a 3s icd on goep makes it worthless outside of solo fights because you have better options to put in that slot.

Before this patch I would have agreed with you. But it is definitely worth it now that weakness is so strong and the glyph is stun breaker now. Weakness is basically a 25% damage debuff now which is huge and the glyph lets you keep it on someone permanently. That 25% damage reduction is basically the same as having 600 more toughness.

The internal cooldown is per target so each person you are hitting can get the condition applied to them. So aoes like meteor storm can apply the condition to a ton of people in WvW now.

in Elementalist

Demon.5082

Confirmed this bug as well. Well I use a glyph build but I never used dagger MH since I hate being melee on a caster role :-P

Anyway, this deserved to be bumped constantly for these d/d eles who are crying about no build viability :-/

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.

in Elementalist

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Before this patch I would have agreed with you. But it is definitely worth it now that weakness is so strong and the glyph is stun breaker now. Weakness is basically a 25% damage debuff now which is huge and the glyph lets you keep it on someone permanently. That 25% damage reduction is basically the same as having 600 more toughness.

The internal cooldown is per target so each person you are hitting can get the condition applied to them. So aoes like meteor storm can apply the condition to a ton of people in WvW now.

Yeah, thanks… I know the changes to weakness.

Do you know for sure your weakness is getting applied on everyone getting hit by the meteor shower? Lava font? etc. ? Are you sure it isnt going on its ICD the first time its applied to someone in an AE radii? What about multiple ticks of the same ability (lava, meteor?)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gothir.3604

Gothir.3604

Do you know for sure your weakness is getting applied on everyone getting hit by the meteor shower? Lava font? etc. ? Are you sure it isnt going on its ICD the first time its applied to someone in an AE radii? What about multiple ticks of the same ability (lava, meteor?)

Yea it definitely has the chance to apply the condition to multiple enemies. I tested it on the big group of golems in the heart of the mists and the wiki also lists it as each foe.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Elemental_Power

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

If it gave you defensive boons, depending on your attunement, I bet quite a few people would use it (I know I would). Currently it is counter intuitive using it. An utility you would want to have active before battle as it is now.

It would also encourage people to use Glyphs more, perhaps even use the skill Inscription.

(edited by Malcastus.6240)

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Confirmed this bug as well. Well I use a glyph build but I never used dagger MH since I hate being melee on a caster role :-P

Anyway, this deserved to be bumped constantly for these d/d eles who are crying about no build viability :-/

Actually I did further testing and it affects scepter as well. Specifically fire skill #3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

in Elementalist

Demon.5082

Actually I did further testing and it affects scepter as well. Specifically fire skill #3

What??? But I never got this bug while using scepter with GoEP pre-patch. Sigh..

Will test