Greatsword please!!

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

What do you think of rifles, though?

If they hold it by the barrel and shoot fireballs out the stock? Sure, why not.

I’m not sure what to think of that post.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solkard.5136

Solkard.5136

Picture a firing range with Engineers, Warriors, and Rogues all lining up the aim on their firearms. Then pan to your Ele at the end just twirling it around and pointing it in the wrong direction, but still laying waste to all the targets. :P

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

Picture a firing range with Engineers, Warriors, and Rogues all lining up the aim on their firearms. Then pan to your Ele at the end just twirling it around and pointing it in the wrong direction, but still laying waste to all the targets. :P

Haha, that made me laugh. So long ele’s can do some fancy long range sniping, I’m fine with some twirling on the side.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

Elementalist – Rifles

fire
/Fireshot – fires a quick ball of flame that burns upon hit.
/Immolate – creates a stream of fire that damages and burns foes it makes contact with
/Searing chains – conjures a long firey chain to immobilize and burn the target (combo finisher: projectile)
/Flaming Advance – charge forward, leaving a trail of fire and blasts the target area with fire (combo finisher: blast)
/Backdraft – fires a powerful short range burst of fire, sending you a fair distance back (combo finisher: leap)

water
/Frostbite – fires a bullet of ice, causing vulnerability
/Chillrend – fires a volley of ice bullets, chilling and causing vulnerability (combo finisher: projectile)
/Snowball – blasts the target area with ice, chilling targets inside
/Cascade – slams the rifle butt onto the ground, creating a circle of water that heals and bestows regeneration on allies inside (combo field: water, grants regeneration)
/Hoarfrost – stops slightly to fire a long range bullet that freezes the target, unable to move or act for (?) seconds and creates (?) stacks of vulnerability. (combo finisher: projectile)

air
/Static – fires a quick burst of electricity that damages the target and everything around him
/Shock – shocks the target and everything around him, dealing small damage and causing cripple
/Lightning retreat – instantly teleports backwards, causing a burst of electricity at the original position (combo finisher: blast, grants swiftness)
/Thunderwave – blasts the target area, creating an area that dazes people crossing it (combo field: lightning)
/Thunderbolt – takes a knee and channels momentarily before firing a long, concentrated bolt of electricity, causing massive damage (combo finisher: projectile and kind of like mesmer’s greatsword autoattack, but with electricity and an afterimage after firing)

earth
/Splinter – fires a normal bullet and causes bleeding (hits harder than other autoattacks)
/Masterkey – fires a scattershot, dealing damage the closer the target is and causes bleeding
/Magnetic shot – fires a bullet that, upon impact, causes nearby enemies to be pulled towards the target (combo finisher: projectile)
/Titanfall – jumps to the target location, dealing high damage and causing cripple (combo finisher: blast)
/Railgun – takes a knee and channels to fire an incredibly fast and dense projectile to deal high damage and splinters the target and everything around him, causing bleeding (combo finisher: projectile)

Add some twirls to that?

(edited by Azunai.5974)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Solkard.5136

None of those seem all that fancy or flashy enough.
Instead of Railgun, how about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8VwaEv3z1M
Or would that fall under fire attunement?

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

None of those seem all that fancy or flashy enough.
Instead of Railgun, how about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8VwaEv3z1M
Or would that fall under fire attunement?

I know they don’t seem flashy at first. I only added what they do. All the elemental stuff comes after.

And ohhh come on, nothing ever tops Bahamut, he’s the king of flash. I’m curious about how that could be animated in gw2, though…. but I’d rage so hard if it “misses”.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Solkard.5136

pffft… it wouldn’t matter if it hit, just have 5 Ele’s spam that attack and everyone would quit from having to sit through the cut-scenes. :P

Victory through attrition!

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

pffft… it wouldn’t matter if it hit, just have 5 Ele’s spam that attack and everyone would quit from having to sit through the cut-scenes. :P

Victory through attrition!

Calm down, Satan.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

rifles no
stealth no
greatsword no

remember Anet, every time you avoid doing something dumb it’s like doing something right

It’s hard to take you seriously. Perhaps you should tell us the reasons behind your statements?

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

It’s hard to take someone who wishes for an elemental magic-user to wield a modern mechanical weapon seriously, tbh.

In the end, the sword, warhorn and spear might be the most appropriate weapons for the profession. Keyword being “might”.

The torch is cool, but fire-related only. It would be odd using it outside fire attunement, in my opinion.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

It’s hard to take someone who wishes for an elemental magic-user to wield a modern mechanical weapon seriously, tbh.

In the end, the sword, warhorn and spear might be the most appropriate weapons for the profession. Keyword being “might”.

The torch is cool, but fire-related only. It would be odd using it outside fire attunement, in my opinion.

I don’t see anything wrong with that. Magic’s flexible. Lots and lots of weapon’s been used alongside magic and technology.

In lore, the asurans are already using magic to power and augment their technology. Look at their turrets, golems, et cetera… To say magic has’t been used for modern applications in GW2 is false.

Was the first line necessary? Really.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

they need to make focus good and then let us dual wield them. I just want to wield 2 anomalies at once. Replace all the focus skills with the skills from Aspect Arena, and there, we have a great weaponset with high mobility and decent defense and offense.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Glad you love the GS but I hate the GS; If this was added I would probably be kicked from so many dungeon parties bc I’m not a GS ele.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I want gauntlets, to let us channel the power of the elements through our hands. Throwing fireballs, ripping up the earth, Water-bending, and going all Kamehameha on you in air!

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

I want gauntlets, to let us channel the power of the elements through our hands. Throwing fireballs, ripping up the earth, Water-bending, and going all Kamehameha on you in air!

Have you played devil may cry 3? If not, you’d love it.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Eles have a great sword already. It’s under ‘elite skills’. If that’s not enough, please roll a mesmer.

While it’s okay to have your own opinion, it is considered rude to tell other people what to do with their class.

Aplogies, that came out a bit more roughly than I intended to.

Rifles would seem like a cool idea, and would give the ‘ranged damage but no support’ requests something to work on.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

rifles no
stealth no
greatsword no

remember Anet, every time you avoid doing something dumb it’s like doing something right

inb4 you find out eles DO have stealth

in case you dont know then you dont have enough experience playing one (hint, underwater combat, self combo)

anywyas, on topic, like I said, I have nothing agaisnt other weapon sets, in fact, I support them AS LONG AS GS IS THE FIRST ONE TO BE IMPLEMENTED, because, lets face it, Anet will take their sweet time with this IF they ever do it, so it might be a new weapon set every 6months to 1 year, and thats wishful thinking.

I want GS because obvious reasons, Anet has proven they dont give much thoughts about “lore-friendly” stuff or “fitting” , look at the AP radiant shoulders, thanks to that and CoF legs and chest along with the Zephir helmet I finally reached my favorite combination; bulky metallic heavy looking, with “bright lights” particles and raggy but metallic pants, it is PERFECT, and all that from “light” armor. Im sure GS will fit JUST FINE.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i want my elementalist to have a car
that drives under water, where i can use my ‘stealth’

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

LOL! If only :/, but yeah, that stealth is indeed pretty lame and took me a water fractal to discover.

But how about we all coexist and let everyone choose their weapon? I want GS because obviously: eye candy. It can be made interesting by adding interesting skills. Dagger does not fit the class yet is popular because sadly it has been one of the few viable weapons for eles it has some interesting skills, but Im not interested in being melee, and rifles, gonna be honest here, I feel do not fit a fantasy game all that much, including engineers, but Anet introduced them for a more “modern” Tyria world and some people do like it so w/e. The day we have a staff as good or better than Sunrise is the day I will stop this, until then, I want Sunrise AND Bifrost!

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

LOL! If only :/, but yeah, that stealth is indeed pretty lame and took me a water fractal to discover.

But how about we all coexist and let everyone choose their weapon? I want GS because obviously: eye candy. It can be made interesting by adding interesting skills. Dagger does not fit the class yet is popular because sadly it has been one of the few viable weapons for eles it has some interesting skills, but Im not interested in being melee, and rifles, gonna be honest here, I feel do not fit a fantasy game all that much, including engineers, but Anet introduced them for a more “modern” Tyria world and some people do like it so w/e. The day we have a staff as good or better than Sunrise is the day I will stop this, until then, I want Sunrise AND Bifrost!

I will have your head for this!

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

did anyone say Greatsword?

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Unfortunetly.

Would rather have shortbow. Need a Ranged DPS option that is 1200 or more range which staff does NOT fulfil and GS, if it were added, would just be an expanded Fiery GS which means yet another melee/close range weapon.

They should take frost bow and expand it to the other 3 attunements. Then replace Conjure Frostbow with Conjure Frost Blade (sword).

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

Unfortunetly.

Would rather have shortbow. Need a Ranged DPS option that is 1200 or more range which staff does NOT fulfil and GS, if it were added, would just be an expanded Fiery GS which means yet another melee/close range weapon.

They should take frost bow and expand it to the other 3 attunements. Then replace Conjure Frostbow with Conjure Frost Blade (sword).

Hahahah loved your logic; “Hey we already have fiery sword, so I will use that argument to disregard your petition, instead I will impose my own petition and bend the same rule I applied to your, the argument ‘we already have said conjure’ and change its nature. Meaning, you cant have your GS but I want shortbow and I do what i want!”

Let me guess, you want the Dreamer, because have you really meant a 1200 weapon you would have said longbow, given how all shortbows in the game are 900, and the fact that you would go as far as deny the logic by which you tried to negate my petition.

No bro, I dont want eles wearing unicornshooting ranibows, not my style. I want Kudzu on ele too!!! But currently Ice bow is my favorite conjure.

Im sure you wont see the flaw in your logic given how you were the one to formulate it to begin with, so let me put your logic in my argument;

Why should we get a shortbow? We already have a medium range weapon called scepter, further more, we arlready have a conjure icebow which fulfill that spot. Instead we should concentrate on the magic part of eles and how they can channel magic through weapons and give us a weapon that normally you wouldnt find in a range evnviroment; Greasword. They should integrate Fiery sword into the fire attunement and instead of the elite instead we have a Conjure Frost Blade that would be similar to sword.

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: TidalPanda.5870

TidalPanda.5870

I really do not think they would add any weapon we have a conjure spell of as one of the first new weapons. Maybe when they run out of weapons to add but not so soon. Sword would seem to fit the most as a first new weapon. However, I am totally not opposed to them turning us on our heads and giving us a rifle or two handed mace!

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Taldren.7523

Unfortunetly.

Hahahah loved your logic; “Hey we already have fiery sword, so I will use that argument to disregard your petition, instead I will impose my own petition and bend the same rule I applied to your, the argument ‘we already have said conjure’ and change its nature. Meaning, you cant have your GS but I want shortbow and I do what i want!” ….

You so completely failed at reading comprehension, which is sad considering that it was only three sentences.

TLDR: I made no such arguement.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Taldren.7523

I really do not think they would add any weapon we have a conjure spell of as one of the first new weapons. Maybe when they run out of weapons to add but not so soon. Sword would seem to fit the most as a first new weapon. However, I am totally not opposed to them turning us on our heads and giving us a rifle or two handed mace!

If it was going to be a 1 handed item it would likely be torch. That would only require them to do 8 skills rather than 12 and we know ANet is lazy.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

I like great sword and rifle…

But on the wilder side of things……

I rather have a claw or how about a whip? I loved how lightning whip looked in daggers that it begs to ask if a whip weapon would do things like pulling, or be more short ranged control damage based.

Then add a few twirls to it and elemental animation and that would be nice….whip on the main hand, claw on the offhand.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: TidalPanda.5870

TidalPanda.5870

If it was going to be a 1 handed item it would likely be torch. That would only require them to do 8 skills rather than 12 and we know ANet is lazy.

But then they would have to code the torches to change the fire particle effects to ice/lightning/earth depending on attunement and who knows how much work that would be! Else torches would not make sense IMO.