[Guide] Mastering the D/D ele 7/15/13

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Btw, I’m going for sure D/D, but my friend, which was the main reason I stepped in this forum, will stick to staff, as she surely will not like to play so aggressive. It’s there a thread like this but for Dungeon Staff user?=)
Thank you!

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

in Elementalist

Posted by: kronen.8954

kronen.8954

daphoenix.4283 Ey at 12/12/2012 what is your build? 0-10-0-30-30? or post nerf???

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

What do you think about my WvW Spec ?
[img]http://www.abload.de/thumb/gw001jupgs.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/thumb/gw0057np1w.jpg[/img]

This might be very similar to your Build, expect for the equipment.

I use full knight gear + ruby orbs
+5% cirt and sigil of blood (30% lifesteal chance/crit)
Bufffood: 66% lifesteal /crit +70 precision

Btw nice to see someone using the conjured wepons =)

You wrote:
@snizzle
I like defensive stats over offensive tbh

Iam not quite sure what you mean by that tbh. Does somebody else tried the crit and lifesteal thing? I havent tried your gear choice but i think the higher damage potential combinded with the lifesteal could result in a better survivalbility + hight damage output.
At my high crit rates ill get a constant stream of lifesteal just like a very high regen.
But there is one thing that iam not shure about:

How is lifesteal and regen calculated?
I think this could be addicted to the total lifepool in case of lifesteal.
How is regen been calculated?
How is the amount of healing givin by the water signet been calculated ?

So in the case of lifesteal, a bigger lifepool would benefit from that.

I think regeneration should be addicted to healing power. But does it also depends on the maximum lifepool?

The other heal abilitys are based on healpower only i hope. So this will benefit a lower total lifepool and higher defence to give a higher percental healrate.

So i beleve my offence benefits also in strong defence and will stack up with the number of opponents iam fighting against.

In the end: is the lifesteal variation or yours more effektive ?

Phoenix : Can you list your total stats including healing power and crit please?!

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

I Don’t get why this is not stickied yet…………………………..
very useful to those who are new to the Class and for people who are unsure about the elementalist D/D builds.

(Btw, Mage enthusiast here, Can’t play no game without having a Mage as my main character :P)

@Kronen – from some of his videos it looks as though he uses 0/10/0/30/30 for sPvP.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nuithari.3728

Nuithari.3728

Hey, I’ve been lurking around for a bit, but registered just to say thanks for posting this build. I’m new to Elementalist, but this build is loads of fun!

Nuithari – Elementalist
[Mist Angels] – Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimm.5632

Grimm.5632

I don’t think this works anymore the swap = attunement change

Superior sigil of battle (3 stacks of might on weapon change) – attunement swap is a weapon change

THANKS so much for this guide, Love this build so much FUN.

Win some lose some, BUT when you lose take notes!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Edgar.8063

Edgar.8063

In which ocasions you use the staff?

Have been leveling a D/D reading your post and I its bein super fun. Thanks for this guide ;D

in Elementalist

Posted by: soulblazer.3807

soulblazer.3807

@ grimm

Im pretty sure it still works, but you have to be in combat

ign: soulblazer – nex sicarii – soulsangis
[SCTY] leader on Yak’s Bend.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kwak.4810

Kwak.4810

I have seen Your lastests videoes from sPvP and something is not correct.
Following Your guide on sPvP items – that is:
“Armor and Weapons for sPvP
2 superior rune of water
2 superior rune of monk
2 superior rune of divinity

Celestial amulet with berserker’s jewel
Weapon sigils (10 condition damage per kill) and (3 stacks of might on weapon swap)"

And my HP pool is around 17-18k, while Yours is ~15k
What setup are You using?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

@daphoenix

Hey budy, nice PvP out there! Never tried that hammer on it, don’t you think it’s a waste of utility (like mist form) for just using one skill of the hammer?

I’m still trying to do this terrain blocking stuff you do, it’s pretty hard to get it right =(. Any tips?

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Elementalist

kronen.8954

roostapro.9827 My question is for MvM not sPvP ty

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I have seen Your lastests videoes from sPvP and something is not correct.
Following Your guide on sPvP items – that is:
“Armor and Weapons for sPvP
2 superior rune of water
2 superior rune of monk
2 superior rune of divinity

Celestial amulet with berserker’s jewel
Weapon sigils (10 condition damage per kill) and (3 stacks of might on weapon swap)"

And my HP pool is around 17-18k, while Yours is ~15k
What setup are You using?

I believe dapheonix has actually changed his gear at the moment. Monks and Water got nerfed from 15% to 10% in sPvP reducing our boon duration from around 90% to 70% (with 30 arcane of course). Not sure if he is still using monk, water, divinity.

dapheonix

I actually don’t use celestial or soldiers anymore. I use clerics and berzerkers more often in PvP."

Clerics doesn’t provide vitality so your health pool will be lower. I don’t watch his videos, don’t have the time but I believe he is using full divinity, clerics amulet with bezerkers jewel. This puts his hp at 14,855. Unless the editor is super outdated.

Unfortunately dapheonix hasn’t updated his guide in a little while (gear wise) and with no permission settings, only he can edit the guide and it is Christmas time I’d say he is probably busy.

I carry shamans, knights and celestials with me (normally when in full pvp mode I have 1 of each amulet but I’m leveling my ele atm so it takes too much space).

I’m currently using knights, 23k hp and lots of offense. However, defense is low and those big hits add up to 23k quite quickly.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

@daphoenix

Hey budy, nice PvP out there! Never tried that hammer on it, don’t you think it’s a waste of utility (like mist form) for just using one skill of the hammer?

I’m still trying to do this terrain blocking stuff you do, it’s pretty hard to get it right =(. Any tips?

Try out the frost bow, for 1 utility slot you get a 4 second stun that cannot be stun broken unless another enemy breaks it for them. That alone is worth it. around 40 sec cd (summon bow, use stun, drop, collect second bow after 40ish seconds use bow 5 drop).

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)

in Elementalist

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Phoenix:

what do you think of clerics gear (pow/tough/healing power) vs the pow/tough/vitality gear?

I’ve shopped around on both, thinking clerics would be the best choice, but the only cleric’s exotics i’ve seen don’t have upgrade slots for the boon runes.

Thoughts on this?

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

Why do you all favor vitality + toughness ? hy not spend vitality for precision ?

Can you explain your choice ?

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

in Elementalist

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I’d love to hear from someone experienced how the 12/24 update increasing mobility and combo damage for other professions has affected this build “on the ground”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghost.2079

Ghost.2079

What about the new Giver weapons?
+10% cond duration, prec, vit

in Elementalist

Posted by: daphoenix.4283

daphoenix.4283

@Krulz
:D
nope I have not made a guide for other weapons. Staff is fairly straight forward though

@kronen
I’ve been always using the same build, lol

@snizzle
lifesteal is a fixed HP amount. I believe its around 400 hp, and the chance was 30% on a critical. Theres also an internal CD to my knowledge as well, and the healing is not affected by healing power.

I’m fairly sure lifesteal doesn’t actually cause additional damage, it just heals you (I may be wrong here though).

How is lifesteal and regen calculated?
Lifestealing should be a fixed value. I haven’t calculated how regeneration is affected by healing power though. The easiest way to do this is just to run 0 healing power, and look at the tooltip for glyph of elemental harmony. Then add 500 healing power, and read the tooltip again. Take the difference in HP healed by the skill, and then divide by 500. Then divide again by the duration of the glyph of elemental harmony, and thats how much more hp/sec you get per healing power on regeneration.

How is regen been calculated? ^

How is the amount of healing givin by the water signet been calculated ?
Signet of restoration I know is calculated by a base of around 200 healing per spell, and an additional 10% of the amount of healing power you have.

But does it also depends on the maximum lifepool?
Nope, regeneration and total hp are not related

In the end: is the lifesteal variation or yours more effektive ?
I like my sigil of battle and my +10 condition damage per kill. I would only use life steal after getting 25 stacks, but I honestly like sigil of fire (30% chance on critical to do flame burst)

current stats:
http://imgur.com/6Wds5

@roostapro
it only gets stickied if its a generic ele guide

@Nuithari
:D

@Grimm/soulblazer
working as intended still, yeah you need to be in combat

@Edgar
I use staff in zerg vs. zerg battles, because honestly staff is way more useful in large scale battles. I don’t show videos of those cause there boring, and anyone can do it

@Kwak
I use clerics amulet
Runes and sigils are the same

@Wolf
Conjure lightning hammer is necessary for point control (you don’t win tPvP and sPvP merely by killing your enemies, capping and holding a point is important too!). I also found out recently that conjure earth shield is awesome for tPvP. Conjure frostbow works wonders against downed enemies that you don’t have time to finish, and its 5th ability is amazing. Its also used on battle of khylo against the enemys treb.

@kronen
I dont know what MvM is

@TGS
I might change water and monk runes later, but there still okay for now. Yeah I haven’t really gotten around to editing this post, but it has everything for the most part

@plasma
Not sure what you mean by no boon slot runes. Your probably looking at armor pieces like “aidans, ogdens, zheds, etc”. Just look for “clerics” =P

Also I use armor from the AC dungeon

@Snizzle
I like defensive stats over offensive. Precision just adds critical % rate, which is not really needed.

@Ghost
I have no idea if those are the actually stats. Can you link something for me to see

@plasma
D/D elementalists were for the most part not buffed or nerfed. Most of the changes were bugfixes, and some introductions of new bugs (earth3 +fire4 lol).

I don’t really play other classes much at all, but the buffs in mobilities in other classes will directly affect the d/d ele’s mobility and survivability in a negative way. It all depends on whether the meta builds for those classes would actually use those speed buff signets now that its improved. Its too early to say the actual impact of the update affecting the current state of the d/d ele.

Excala, Expert Elementalist
Fort Aspenwood [EXC]
http://www.youtube.com/user/daphoenix555?feature=mhee

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hunter of the Shadows.3056

Hunter of the Shadows.3056

For reference, details of the new Wintersday recipes can be found on Dulfy’s guide.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

@daphoenix.4283
(I only play sPvP atm, lvling my toon to 80 as well, so this is all sPvP related)

Ive been playing around with gear and what not, atm just using divinity I think. But I was looking at the 20% might duration with 3 sets. That adds 75 power and 60% might duration. As you get alot of might (fire 3 / 4 + earth 4 & 5 & dodge if in EA as well as 3 might per weapon swap) the might duration might help to keep those high stacks up longer. I’ve also been having fun with the new Knights ammy, 23k hp + power and precison. With the vigor on crits trait that is perm vigor and a heck of a lot of firepower with all the might and fury.

I need to re test the life steal sigil but I do believe that it stacks with healing power as I was getting 900 from my warrior (the weapon swap one perhaps that gives you more). And if lifesteal is the same as gw1 lifesteal it will actually steal that much health from your foe.

Research done (thanks wiki):
Lifesteal = damage to foe and that damage is returned as health. With most of the health steal sigils / runes the damage seem unaffected by power and the heal seems unaffected by Healing Power.

Superior Sigil of Blood – Deals a fixed 452 damage at level 80; unaffected by healing power

Superior Sigil of Leeching – Heals the player for 975; unaffected by healing power. As far as I could tell when I was testing this ability way back when you could not use it as an elementalist. I found that any weapon swap sigil that did not list its internal cd could not be used as an ele on attunement swap.

Rune of Vampirism – At level 80 the amount of life stolen after using your heal skill is 975. Doesn’t say if it affected by HP or not, and has the same CD as either renewal.

I have also been looking at Sigil of Strength, however its proc rate is too low for me, even with 40-50% crit + 20% fury. I’m thinking of putting in the 60% on crit to remove a boon from foe sigil, remove 1 boon every 10ish seconds seems alright, and a higher chance to remove with fire auto attack or water auto.

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

Thanks for the reference tgslasher and hunter

@Ghost
I dont think making conditions last longer is all that useful tbh. Its too easy to remove conditions.

Updated the guide

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: kenny.9287

kenny.9287

Just want to say it’s a great build daphoenix, you made this game so much more enjoyable for me.

Just wanted to ask if you think this build could benefit from using the new rune – http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/11746-superior-rune-s-of-altruism
I was thinking 4x superior rune of altruism and then 2x of monk. Obviously i would lose on boon duration, but would get a lot more might. I wonder if water attunement swap counts as ‘healing skill’ too (regeneration) or only water2 and water5

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Woah, I didn’t know about that new rune. If water2 and water5 count as a ‘heal skill’ it makes extremely good sinergy with this Ele build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

Woah, I didn’t know about that new rune. If water2 and water5 count as a ‘heal skill’ it makes extremely good sinergy with this Ele build.

It doesn’t, when runes talk about heal skills they mean slot number 6 and nothing else.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ash.2059

Ash.2059

Hi Dap

Soothing Disruption procs off Earth’s embrace – would that be worth taking?

EDIT: Also, when it comes to trinkets, what do you think about this one: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lunaria,_Circle_of_the_Moon

(edited by Ash.2059)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaptain O.1348

Kaptain O.1348

Daphoenix:

I’m pretty sure that Sigils that trigger on weapon/attunement swap share the internal cooldown with weapons that trigger on crits. If you use Sigil of Flame or Lifesteal it will not proc while your Sigil of Battle is on cd from swapping, and if it does proc your sigil of battle will not be able to proc until the cd is up.

Another idea would be sigil of earth, since it doesn’t have an internal cd I think it would still proc while sigil of battle is on cd, and I don’t think it would interfere with sigil of battle proccing.

I have been using the +5% crit sigil though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tsubaki.2508

Tsubaki.2508

All of the swap sigils have an internal cd about 9-10 seconds, and yes they do proc on attunement swap.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaptain O.1348

Kaptain O.1348

I know that, that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying the Attunement Swap Sigils share the internal CD with the % to happen on Crit Sigils. When either trigger it creates an internal cooldown period for BOTH sigils.

What this means is if You have Sigil of Battle and Sigil of Fire, switch attunements you get 3 stacks of might and both Sigils go on cd for 9 seconds. If after the 9 seconds are up you crit and Sigil of Fire Procs before you swap attunements they will both go on CD again.

Since DaPhoenix is running Battle/Corruption primary and only switches to Fire after Corruption caps at 25 I would assume he wants the Might stacks from Sigil of Battle more than he wants the AoE Fire damage from Sigil of Fire.

I don’t think Sigil of Earth has an internal cd (but I haven’t tested it personally) so I think it would continue to proc while Sigil of Battle was on CD and it wouldnt place a CD on Sigil of Battle when it does proc.

If that doesn’t work, or if Sigil of Earth is deemed too weak I think that another Sigil that doesn’t share internal cd with Battle is best, like the +5% damage, or +5% critical chance sigils.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

It doesn’t, when runes talk about heal skills they mean slot number 6 and nothing else.

I know that, hence the “if”.
Many things work in a weird or a contradictory way in this game, vague tooltips don’t help either.
Anyways, that rune could be worth sacrificing +10% boon duration if you use Ether Renewal or GoEH.

in Elementalist

kronen.8954

Sorry for my english, i just saying today, what is your build?? 0-10-30-30 or 10-10-30-20 ?? <—- my question =) Thank you

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

I’m on 0/10/0/30/30

Full PVT armor & trinkets (from wvw)

Still have the 2 sup water, 2 maj water, 2 sup monk runes, with Precision/Condition/power jewels in the trinkets (since I was lacking crit and condition damage)

I didn’t put any healing in because I have 20k hp and healing scales very poorly (0.125 per point of healing)

Also @ daphoenix, did you put 10 in fire? You said you did but didn’t update the post about traits

I think putting 10 in fire would be good because currently the only thing i find useful is air v (create effect when switching attunement). With 30 points currently, I have arcane power at 75% and shield at 25%, but I don’t find those that useful

(edited by Flyfunner.2093)

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

I know that, that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying the Attunement Swap Sigils share the internal CD with the % to happen on Crit Sigils. When either trigger it creates an internal cooldown period for BOTH sigils.

What this means is if You have Sigil of Battle and Sigil of Fire, switch attunements you get 3 stacks of might and both Sigils go on cd for 9 seconds. If after the 9 seconds are up you crit and Sigil of Fire Procs before you swap attunements they will both go on CD again.

Since DaPhoenix is running Battle/Corruption primary and only switches to Fire after Corruption caps at 25 I would assume he wants the Might stacks from Sigil of Battle more than he wants the AoE Fire damage from Sigil of Fire.

I don’t think Sigil of Earth has an internal cd (but I haven’t tested it personally) so I think it would continue to proc while Sigil of Battle was on CD and it wouldnt place a CD on Sigil of Battle when it does proc.

If that doesn’t work, or if Sigil of Earth is deemed too weak I think that another Sigil that doesn’t share internal cd with Battle is best, like the +5% damage, or +5% critical chance sigils.

You’re correct that weapon swap sigils and crit proc sigils share an internal cooldown. If either sigil is on cooldown, then neither sigil can proc, and only one can proc at any given time.

Also, Sigil of Earth has an internal cooldown of 1 second.

in Elementalist

Posted by: bgaborr.9847

bgaborr.9847

Answer me one question plz! Which leg armor skin do you use? I love it and cant find it :S
Thx!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kotan.7349

Kotan.7349

Healing power is very powerfull on jewel ?
I hesitate to get Healing power or go more offensive ( Tho+prec or Vita+critic power )

I heard that ele heal had been nerfed and now useless to get that stat, but i wanna deal damage, not a lot, but a minimum

( bgaborr : for the skin of leg its the winged armor http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winged_Armor )

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

what server is daphoenix on? just want to know if i’ll ever get the chance to run into him.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nuithari.3728

Nuithari.3728

what server is daphoenix on? just want to know if i’ll ever get the chance to run into him.

He’s on Fort Aspenwood iirc

Nuithari – Elementalist
[Mist Angels] – Piken Square

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@kenny/Khenzy/NdranC

NdranC is right, altruism should technically only proc off the 6th slot ability. I actually almost never use my ability, b/c i run Signet of restoration most of the time.

Even if you did decide to use rune of altruism, you would benefit from 10 seconds of 3 stacks of might everytime you use your heal spell. With increased boon duration (30% from arcana, and 30% from armor), your total durationis 16seconds per heal skill used. The lowest heal CD spell you have is ether renewal, so technically you upkeep 3 stacks of might constantly. I don’t think its worth it in my opinion. You are sacrificing 10% boon duration for 3 permanent stacks of might basically, plus you will not always use your heal spell until its needed.

@Ash
Currently earth’s embrace is bugged, and procs at 30% HP instead of 50% hp to my knowledge. Its only good if your running a staff setup, 0/0/10/30/30 is a common staff setup as zephyr’s boon isn’t all that useful for staff users.

I think any ascended items are good. I personally don’t have any yet. The ones that grant you +stats to everything are probably very useful, because you get the most combined stats of any other item possible. All stats are useful for a d/d ele.

@Kaptain O/mouse
Hm I’m not entirely sure if they do share the same internal cooldown. I think the best way to test is to go full precision, and go to heart of the mists and test out how many procs of sigil of fire you get while constantly proccing sigil of battle every 9-10seconds. Also remove the trait elemental attunement from the arcana line. See how many mights of stack you upkeep, it should be about 9 if they dont share an internal cooldown (app. 30seconds of might per sigil of battle swap with boon duration+)

Assuming it is right and they do share ICD, I think 5% dmg would be best (or 5% critical chance). The other alternative is to get a 10% dmg per night weapon as another weapon choice. You can also go for increased burning/bleed duration too, and possibly +stun duration. The bleed / vulnerability proc on critical isn’t bad either if you wanna use cover conditions.
@kronen/flyfunner
I still use 0/10/0/30/30
Sacrificing evasive arcana is not worth it, its just too amazing =P
Also healing does scale poorly, but elementalist benefit the most from healing than any other class (except maybe guardian). I rank healing and toughness to be my highest priority stats, then everything else.

@kotan/bgaborr
yea its winged armor

@Chipsu
i play on FA, though I haven’t played wvwvw in awhile.

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Uwenthil Isilienda.2984

Uwenthil Isilienda.2984

Thanks for the write-up. It’s an awesome build, plus it’s very tweak-able.

Just wanted to note (in case it hasn’t already been mentioned) that Fire 3/4 + Earth 3 do give Fire Aura as of now (19/12/12), and that said Fire Aura does receive the benefits from Zephyr’s Boon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

I can confirm that swap sigils and proc sigils (such as sigil of battle and sigil of fire) share the same internal cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: donttread.9304

donttread.9304

Can this build effectively dungeon crawl as well?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Uwenthil Isilienda.2984

Uwenthil Isilienda.2984

Can this build effectively dungeon crawl as well?

You will need to bring along a ranged weapon for bosses that require kiting and range. Aside from that, I find that this is an extremely viable dungeon crawl build; you’ll bring plenty of boons and AoE damage that will be extremely effective, at least, in fights against non-boss mobs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Goblin.1586

Goblin.1586

Hey daphoenix I’m a great fan and seen all your vids (was a lowbie ele when I saw them). I guess I wanted to ask as necros are a pain when vs many, how do you handle the situation more effectively?

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

@Kaptain O/mouse
Hm I’m not entirely sure if they do share the same internal cooldown. I think the best way to test is to go full precision, and go to heart of the mists and test out how many procs of sigil of fire you get while constantly proccing sigil of battle every 9-10seconds. Also remove the trait elemental attunement from the arcana line. See how many mights of stack you upkeep, it should be about 9 if they dont share an internal cooldown (app. 30seconds of might per sigil of battle swap with boon duration+)

Assuming it is right and they do share ICD, I think 5% dmg would be best (or 5% critical chance). The other alternative is to get a 10% dmg per night weapon as another weapon choice. You can also go for increased burning/bleed duration too, and possibly +stun duration. The bleed / vulnerability proc on critical isn’t bad either if you wanna use cover conditions.

It’s confirmed. Tested it several weeks ago, and confirmed it again last night in the Mists. When one Sigil procs, neither Sigil can proc again until the original Sigil finishes its internal cooldown.

The easiest way to test this is by equipping Sigil of Rage (45 second internal cooldown) and any other on crit or on weapon swap sigil. Whack a dummy until you get a Rage proc. Your other Sigil won’t proc for 45 seconds, no matter how many crits you get or attunement swaps you do in that time.

I run Sigil of Battle on my main hand and Sigil of Force on my off hand for this reason, with Sigil of Bloodlust on my Staff.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahanaxar.1386

Mahanaxar.1386

What a great guide! Made me dust off my elementalist and play him again! For whatever reason I was just sticking to the fire tree and not swapping attunements. This has opened up my eyes of how the elementalist as a whole, not just the d/d variety, can be used to its full potential!

I know you said you can’t teach us how to play and that this is just a guide, but daphoenix could you give us a few handy combos outside of just initiators? I understand that the order should be Air → Fire → Earth with Water thrown in when healing is needed but could you be more specific? It’s been a long while since I’ve played this character and I’ve gotten too used to the simplicity of my warrior.

Thanks again!

Relentless Raven, 80 Warrior
Robin Sparklies, 80 Elementalist
Crimethink [ct] – Yak’s Bend

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahanaxar.1386

Mahanaxar.1386

Actually I found a thread that answers my questions!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/daphoenix

I’m confident that with practice I can combine your initiators with these combos to really shine in both PvE and WvW!

Relentless Raven, 80 Warrior
Robin Sparklies, 80 Elementalist
Crimethink [ct] – Yak’s Bend

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I’m getting better and better with D/D in Wvw. However today I ran in loads of thiefs. It seems SFR server focusses on thiefs. I tried surviving them, but I simply couldn’t. After lasting 20-50 secs, depending on the fight, they simply outlasted me, while spiking me down. Using stun aura (Dagger air 3), didnt seem to work at all, I didn’t see anything for a stun animation, and he kept attacking fast. Since thiefs are ‘a breeze’ for you Daphoenix, i’d like to know how you kill these thiefs.

Backstab is ‘unavoidable’ i think since you cant see it coming. That means 4-6k damage lost, 10-12k left, with that amount of hp you must win against thief, how you manage that?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

This should go in here somewhere:

Combos
Fire 3 and 4 are Fire Combo Fields.

Finisher
Earth 3 is a Leap Finisher now fixed again (this is not mentioned in the tool tip unless it was updated with the latest patch)
Earth 4 and 5 are Blast Finishers

These are the only combos you have within the weapon skills.
There are other skills that will create fields available to the elementalist in dagger dagger spec. These include:

Combos Utility/Traits
Util: Fire Axe 4 same skills as Fire 4 and a Fire Combo Field
Util: Lightning Hammer 5 same skill as staff air 5 and a Lightning Field

Finishers Utility/Traits
Util: Arcane Blast is not a blast finisher, it is a 100% Projectile Finisher
Util: Arcane Wave is a Blast Finisher
Util: Fire Axe 5 is a Leap Finisher
Util: Frostbow 2 is a 20% Physical Projectile (its a multi hit skills with 20% chance per projectile to apply the finisher effect) (I think this is incorrect and it is actualy 100% per projectile as 100% flaming ice bolts of justice are cool and the ingame tool tip says projectile finisher without 20%)
Util: Lightning Hammers 3rd skill in its auto attack chain is a Blast Finisher
Util: Lightning Hammer 2 is a leap finisher
Elite: Fiery Greatsword Elite skill 3 is a Whirl Finisher
Elite: Tornado is a Whirl Finisher for its full duration
Trait: Evasive Arcana dodge in earth attunement is a Blast Finisher

Back to the basics.
Combos Basic

Fire 3 or 4, then earth 3 will grant a fire shield, and if you are using Daphoenix or my build then you will get fury and swiftness from Zephyr’s Boon

Fire 3 or 4 then earth 4 or 5 will grant you 3 stacks of might
Fire 4 then earth 4 then earth 5 will gran you 6 stacks of might

To use one of these combos you must be within the fire field at the start (earth 3 must be in the field or at least pass through the field on travel). Therefore, if you use earth 5 you must start the skill in the field, you will then see “area might” or similar in a heart then you can use the lightning flash to teleport at you foe. The blast finisher for earth 5 churning earth does not need to “explode/blast” in the fire field, it counts as long as you start the skill in fire.

If your using Daphoenix’s earlier build with 30 arcane and Evasive Arcane instead of 20 arcane and 10 fire then you can dodge whilst in earth inside a field to get a combo. For Evasive Arcane to be counted as a finisher the end of your dodge must be within the field, not the start or middle but the end animation.

Your max might rotation is now, fire skills bla bla, fire 4, switch to earth, dodge into the field so you will end within the ring, earth 4 then earth 5 and teleport if you need to or if you want to damage your foe. This grants 9 stacks of might.

Earthquake (earth 4) and Churning Earth (earth 5) have long cooldowns, ring of fire is quite short, so your next rotation you can go fire bla bla, fire 4, earth 3 so you are in or pass through and net yourself some boons and a fire shield.

If you are fast enough or you foe is standing inside the fire field you can use earth 3 for the boons, then (dodge into the field if arcane 30) earth 4 then earth 5 and teleport to foe. This will net you fury, swiftness, a fire shield, protection from switching to earth and 9 stacks of might.

With the 20 arcane and 10 fire your net might will be 9 if you used the teleport, 6 for earth 4 and 5 in fire then 3 from lighting flash and the fire trait.
Those are all the combos for your weapon set

Combos Utilities
This is up to you, if you use dapheonix’s build you wont need to worry, if you have your own variation then you can experiment around with the different finisher from the utilities.

For e.g. if you drop a cantrip and take arcane wave you will gain 12 stacks of might from that fire 4, earth dodge, earth 4, earth 5 and arcane wave during earth 5 before the teleport then teleport.
(note, arcane skills can be used at any time like cantrips and not interrupt your skills in progress)

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)

in Elementalist

Krulz.6245

@daphoenix Thanks for the answers =).
One more thing, actually with all the changes are yo using 10 10 0 30 20 or still playing with 0 10 0 30 30.
Thank you!

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

in Elementalist

Posted by: KwonBiribiri.8140

KwonBiribiri.8140

He is still using the 0/10/0/30/30

in Elementalist

Krulz.6245

Thank you @KwonBiribiri =), also, I was thinking to move 10 points from Arcana to earth, I know you, @daphoenix , early used remove 10 in water to place em in earth.
But removing em from arcana seems isn’t a big loss, anyway I’m really noob in the elementalist field.
Thank you

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

(edited by Krulz.6245)