HOW did RTL nerf ruin your game?

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I can’t even outrun a centaur now.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Why don’t they nerf the teleport range on theives now? Because there’s no way to catch these guys at all now. It’s like a 1000 yard radius in any direction they’ll just randomly be at. Plus, stealth. Plus they get a huge burst. The more targets a thief has to ping-pong off of, the more OP the porting becomes. I just leave when I see some guy doing this.

The major problem with catching thieves to me is camera arc and culling. Chances are good the thief is not in my camera arc when he leaves stealth and gets visible to me after culling. So if he stealth + shadowstep away the game is over, unless he is accidentally within my camera arc when he gets visible after culling, so I can RTL in his direction. Even then thieves can just spam heartseeker a gazillion times or blink away with infiltrator arrow while I have to wait 20s for RTL.

All those whines about RTL + Ele being the most mobile profession is just pathetic – spreaded lies from the gazillion wvw thieves out there. lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

If this is insisted on, my suggestion is adding one second of additional base swiftness to what is gained from elemental attunement trait by switching to air.

I completely disagree. Eles are still the fastest roamers in the game even without perma swiftness and the RTL nerf in TPvP.

Can be PVE/WvW only, like some of the other stuff.

In fact the entire RTL nerf should have been left to structured pvp only.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I can’t even outrun a centaur now.

I lol’d .

+1 to you good sir.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Here is what D/D Eles currently are… RTL just made 1vs4 a bit harder.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

It definitely made a huge change.
Plenty of times I`ve not been able to catch up with enemy players that I more then likely could pre-whack a mole-nerfage.

i wouldn`t mind if they`d given us weapon swap so we could at least do something ranged, but that`d be too easy

It has meant I end up going through all attunements twice before it is even ready to use again, but I`ll have to live with that.

Worse is my damage seems much lower since the patch, by quite a lot.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Why don’t they nerf the teleport range on thieves now? Because there’s no way to catch these guys at all now. It’s like a 1000 yard radius in any direction they’ll just randomly be at. Plus, stealth. Plus they get a huge burst. The more targets a thief has to ping-pong off of, the more OP the porting becomes. I just leave when I see some guy doing this.

The return is bugged to 3600m on S/D the port to a target is 600m it cost 5 init total of the base pool of 12. S/D by nature has weak burst unless you go DD as your off set but then you have 0 range. Stealth hides you that’s about it. Now considering my mains are DD ele and S/D thief and I wvw all the time let me break it down for you.

S/D even full glass isn’t going to burst a half decent ele running /D (this is due to S/D relatively weak burst since most the dps comes from auto attack chain #3 and the animation are relatively slow). Its not going to happen. On top of that almost all DD ele skills are aoe so you hit thiefs most the time even if you don’t see them. Before RTL got nerfed I routinely out run / hid from DD and SD ele and I usually just used the short bow. If your talking about http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowstep the CD is long and its inline with many other ports with shorter ranges and shorter cool downs to match (more info: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Teleport).

Ele vs thief should be if both players are any good a war of attrition due the the mobility and survivability of both classes.

Side note all swords cross class have a 600m or so gap closer or mobility skill. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Strike untargeted does not teleport you but leaves the return circle.

As far as the rtl nerf get over it. I am still faster than the classes/builds I was faster than before and stil slower than the classes/builds I was slower than before.

Here is what D/D Eles currently are… RTL just made 1vs4 a bit harder.

Immobilize and burst. If you don’t get beat in a 4 v1 you might be great but whoever you fought was bad.

Also we don’t have access to consistent retaliation and none through the class itself. I concede the rest though stability is relatively sporadic across the board.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

I didn’t say I lost to the thief that ported all over the place. It was a direct comparison with RTL vs Thief porting, which the latter is clearly overpowered, even without culling added to the mix.

And RTL nerf is annoying. I don’t care if we’re so much faster than other classes. That’s how we were designed and apparently it was okay up until recently. I play an ele because I like to roam solo. It’s getting harder all the time.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

If this is insisted on, my suggestion is adding one second of additional base swiftness to what is gained from elemental attunement trait by switching to air.

I completely disagree. Eles are still the fastest roamers in the game even without perma swiftness and the RTL nerf in TPvP.

I still think it’s a tossup between eles, warriors, and thieves.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I didn’t say I lost to the thief that ported all over the place. It was a direct comparison with RTL vs Thief porting, which the latter is clearly overpowered, even without culling added to the mix.

And RTL nerf is annoying. I don’t care if we’re so much faster than other classes. That’s how we were designed and apparently it was okay up until recently. I play an ele because I like to roam solo. It’s getting harder all the time.

How is it over powered compared to what? The problem is players like you assuming every class should have exactly the same skills even though the core design is different I am not even going to explain to you considering there was reading material above and you simply didn’t look at it. the funny thing is I explain that you cant port “all over the place” which is pretty kittening sad considering I explained its not a movement skill.

Once again rock is too strong paper is fine sincerely scissors.

WvW roaming isn’t supposed to be easy unless you play on a low pop server. If you chose to do it solo that your issue and no one else’s.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

I don’t look at it as an issue.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Radamanth.9048

Radamanth.9048

I still think it’s a tossup between eles, warriors, and thieves.

its not, and it never was.

warrior with greatsword sword and warhorn was and even more so is now always faster than an ele, same goes for a thief.

warrior is totally ok, hes using 2 mobility weaponsets to achieve it; thief on the other hand …

in Elementalist

Raptured.9307

yeah, sword warhorn + gs + frenzy bullrush + signet of rage = unparalleled map exploring speed… pretty ridiculous. Not useful in actual fights/spvp though.
Can imagine thief with steal shadow step and shortbow 5 and cloaks w/ 150% speed when stealthed to be pretty darn fast too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

Ele is still as fun as ever imo. that extra 5 second on RTL is not all that annoying. It only really reduced my speed running around, and being a little bit more careful with it in WvW. But I got non ending swiftness with staff anyways so meh.

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

in Elementalist

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Just killed a D/D Ele! opens champagne

This is how I did:
one 8k HB (protection) and a 12k one
2x 6k WA
4.4k Rush
3k flurry
2k shield stun
4.5k arcing slice
2k bull’s charge
1 bladetrail invul’d (would have been 3k)
1 sword auto blocked (6k)

Total damage to kill a D/D Ele = 57,400
Plus the fact I had a ton of mobility due to sword/GS so I kept up with his running.

After this fight I consider Guardian squishies lol.

in Elementalist

Raptured.9307

Wait he actually let you land a Hb? Sounds like he doesn’t have any cantrips lol. Impressive though, chasing a dd down-not exactly an easy task. I’ve never really detailed a kill like that before… Mounting him on your wall anytime soon? Haha

in Elementalist

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Wait he actually let you land a Hb? Sounds like he doesn’t have any cantrips lol. Impressive though, chasing a dd down-not exactly an easy task. I’ve never really detailed a kill like that before… Mounting him on your wall anytime soon? Haha

Well I use mind tricks to land HB.
I start the fight with sword/shield so he doesn’t think I’m a HB Warrior, I let him use dodges and mist then I suddenly Bull+Frenzy+HB exactly when I see he’s starting to be offensive.
My second HB is landed through Flurry (5s immob), switch into hasted (last stand trait) HB.

Btw I think my full mobility Warrior has a bit more mobility than D/D Ele.
I can cover a total of 2850 range within seconds (Savage, Rush, Bull, WA) and those skills reload faster than yours so I’m always on your back.

But yes I’m sticking this to my wall.
57,400 damage and I finally downed a D/D Ele, I’m so proud lol.

in Elementalist

Raptured.9307

Well, what I usually try to do against a warrior is conditions, which they cannit clear as easily- things like frost and cripple and weakness really hurt the warrior, and add a little bleed too.That usually gets them off my tail while I heal and go back on the offensive

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

A better fix would have been making it so RTL requires a target. That way it could only be used as inetended as a gap closer. you dont put a damage attack on somthing that is used to travel…..

I play a D/D ele 50% the time but even i will tell you there is nothing more annoying than a ele attacking you then at the 1st sign of losing they RTL away to safety.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

I can’t keep up with thieves or greatsword warriors now. Other than that, it screwed up my rhythm and I have a 5 second hole that I need to find a plug for.

Seriously … I can’t say a_5s hole (replace _ with space) without the whole thing turning to kitten?

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

I agree that the whining about the RTL CD incease is pretty funny.
All I had to do is not to spam it every time I’m in air attunement as I used to do. Nowdays I use it only for chasing my opponents or escaping. All that 5 seconds do is make you think twice before you dive into a zerg with cantrips on CD, which is as it should be.

The thing with DD ele mobility and boons is that it will somewhat sacrifice damage. You really feel the difference when playing with a warrior, but DD eles have so much better survivability, it’s funny how well you can survive with a 50lvl DD ele in WvW

DD ele is ment to out sustain opponents where as warriors are more like stright forward smash your opponent down as fast as you can and burst him down before he heals.

RTL is quite balanced at the moment in my opinion. Vapor form is still unbalanced, it should have ~ 1.5 to 2 sec timer before it can be cast in order to be able to counter it.

in Elementalist

teg.1340

Can we all please stop the whining about RTL now? There is nothing special about this skill anymore. Compare it to other professions mobility skills and you will eventually see that the grass is always greener on the other side.

If you really think Ele is still the most mobile profession, you really dont have a clue about the other professions in this game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

A better fix would have been making it so RTL requires a target. That way it could only be used as inetended as a gap closer. you dont put a damage attack on somthing that is used to travel…..

I play a D/D ele 50% the time but even i will tell you there is nothing more annoying than a ele attacking you then at the 1st sign of losing they RTL away to safety.

It’s pointless if you try to run away from me, I can see you’re in deep kitten and I know you’ll lose if you stay…I save my RTL for when you use it…then I use magnetic grasp to close the remaining gap…there is no escape

Other professions can :

1)Warrior = use rush when you RTL, followed by bladetrail, if you try to clean the cripple he should have a ranged weapon ( rifle or bow ) to cripple you and he could eventually use bolas
2) Thief = lol infiltrator arrow semi spamm
3) Guardian = with enough reaction time , they can use line of warding and lol at you

Other professions got other means to catch you up…it’s far from being impossible and against decent players you won’t get away, played ele from the beginning, I can see when another ele is about to flee

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

What about warrior rush, whirlwind, savage leap, swoop, heartseeker, etc? Are these skills with damage allowed to be used as escapes as well? The idea of gap closers presents the player a choice of fight or flight. Most of these skillls do much more damage than Rtl as well.

I’m also surprised you find eles running away with rtl more annoying than thieves /mesmers peacing out with stealth. Rtl can be countered (it’s hard but possible) but you will never catch a good player utilizing stealth to escape (no hard counter. + stealth means you always have the positional advantage moving against your opponent).

in Elementalist

teg.1340

Thief can spam 5-6 x heartseeker with full initiative. Thats 2250 – 2700 range. Or he can use 2x infiltrator arrow for 1800 range in zero time. Add an additional 1200 range with shadow step. Add additional range just by running away at 30-40% speed in stealth.

GS Warrior use Rush every 16s for 1200 range + WW every 8s for 450 range + Bulls Charge every 40s for 900 range + Savage Leap every 10s for 600 range. With mobile strikes he’s immune to immobilize. And he got perma swiftness.

Ele has 1200 range RTL every 20s which can be destroyed by immobilize + 600 range blink every 36s. Thats all. Plus swiftness uptime is subpar since latest nerfs.

Even my grandma realizes that both thief and warrior are far superior to ele when it comes to mobility.