Have I broken my Ele?

Have I broken my Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: blim.6320

blim.6320

My elementalist is my only main, my only high level 80 character. Since some changes a while ago that stopped me playing due technical problems in WvW I have not played. Maybe it’s just been a month, I cant really remember.

Anyway, before the WvW lag/patch problem I was having a lot of fun with my elementalist and felt like I was making good progress with creating gear and working on my gameplay. But after that update it would seem things have changed to the point I simply can not play on that same level anymore. I seem to be so squishy along with only setup for aoe and condition damage (might well be a bad spec) I seem unable to apply my self to the WvW battles without taking stupid amounts of damage.
Mybe I have broken my elementalist but I spec for survivability before anything else and go on the idea that group aoe will be our weapon…

Have I broken my elementalist or did something change?

Have I broken my Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

My elementalist is my only main, my only high level 80 character. Since some changes a while ago that stopped me playing due technical problems in WvW I have not played. Maybe it’s just been a month, I cant really remember.

Anyway, before the WvW lag/patch problem I was having a lot of fun with my elementalist and felt like I was making good progress with creating gear and working on my gameplay. But after that update it would seem things have changed to the point I simply can not play on that same level anymore. I seem to be so squishy along with only setup for aoe and condition damage (might well be a bad spec) I seem unable to apply my self to the WvW battles without taking stupid amounts of damage.
Mybe I have broken my elementalist but I spec for survivability before anything else and go on the idea that group aoe will be our weapon…

Have I broken my elementalist or did something change?

You haven’t broken anything. ANet broke rangers.

Have I broken my Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Serious question here, did you not reallocate your traits after an update? I dont know if any recent patches did this, but big balance changes sometimes will reset your traits and you might not have noticed.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Have I broken my Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: blim.6320

blim.6320

Serious question here, did you not reallocate your traits after an update? I dont know if any recent patches did this, but big balance changes sometimes will reset your traits and you might not have noticed.

I did check this but it is all still in place.

Have I broken my Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I think it would help if you actually say trait set up and gear you have and what you die to the most.

Have I broken my Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Yea also what you do in WvW is fairly important as well. Solo roam is different from small group havoc and yet still different from guild/blob/zerg. Also what is killing you also helps a lot at suggesting game play tips.

Kodiak X – Blackgate