So, no more blasts on evasive arcana [Merged]

in Elementalist

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Which means that nado entirely became a worthless skill. There is absolutely no reason to have that skill on the bar no more.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Which means that nado entirely became a worthless skill. There is absolutely no reason to have that skill on the bar no more.

Yea, lol, but at least it’s consistent

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Sigh, I loved the blast finishers in Evasive Arcana, it was great as a way to support people in dungeons.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Seems like I made the right decision in leveling a few alts to lvl 80, saves me the trouble of having to do so now instead.

Although I hope this is an error on Anets part and that Churning Earth which normally has a blast finisher will also have one from dodges. It will still mean that elementalists are way more restricted in viable builds but at least it won’t be a useless build style.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Qori.9671

Qori.9671

Look at the bright side Anet just free’d up 10 trait points for us since there is no reason to go 30 arcane anymore lol !

So anyone know any other mmos comming out soon ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

i am crying right now.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Revitte.1936

Revitte.1936

I am usually the last person to complain about any changes.. but this one, this one hits home enough to warrant me at least saying something.

I am so incredibly disappointed by this change. My main (and only 80) character is a support focused elementalist. I was having SO much fun with this ability. It quickly became an essential part of my play style as a good way to provide better emergency heals to my teammates. Now it seems like a useless trait.

What sense does it make to have just the remaining spells on the dodge now? If you are dodging.. the majority of the time you are trying to evade AWAY from something. Other than water, this renders the other attunement spell triggers mostly useless since the range is so short (except maybe earth?) to touch whatever it is you are dodging away from. With the blast, it makes sense because now you are sacrificing your own # of available dodges (leaving yourself vulnerable later if not timed well) to dart into the fray and cause a blast to help your allies and affecting enemies. This seemed like a very sensible risk vs. reward situation and now.. well, it just doesn’t make sense to me at all why you would ever even want to take this trait.

I haven’t tested out the changes to Frost Bow yet – but I am concerned about the changes there as well, since that is one of the skills I have on my bar 90% of the time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Well, Guess I’ll be selling the 2 precursers I got for my ele’s legendaries, seeing as I won’t be making them for her if she’s in retirement. And the mesmer I was levelling… well. That’s gonna be useless now. Guess I roll a warrior like everyone else?

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Epic Brownie.5843

Epic Brownie.5843

Look at the bright side Anet just free’d up 10 trait points for us since there is no reason to go 30 arcane anymore lol !

I’m having trouble finding a trait line worth putting the extra points into. I was disappointed with most of the previous patches, but this one really destroyed the most fun aspect of playing my ele.

Epic
Dragonbrand

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

Yeah, great, there is nowhere to put those 10 points for a PvE support build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rephlexie.9081

Rephlexie.9081

Wow… Just tested it in combat. There are no blast finishers at ALL with Evasive Arcana.

Was that really necessary?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Churning Earth after dodge roll was an UNINTENDED blast finisher. It was intended to poke enemies. It all makes sense now.

Rejoice!

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

Evasive Arcana + Blast finishers on roll was literally the only reason I leveled an Elementalist to 80. My entire ele playstyle just got destroyed by this patch.

I was just thinking today that playing my ele in CoE against Alpha while constantly outputting blast finisher combos and dodging like a maniac while doing the might dance was probably the most fun I’d had in my entire GW2 PvE experience, and now it’s been wrecked. Normally I just press 2-3 a bunch on my Warrior or 5-1 on my Thief, but hey, this is actually fun and engaging, not to mention I’m dumping kittentons of might everywhere!

WELL THEN.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

My build is broken now. What the kitten ANet, at least fix other stuff about the class instead of just nerfing stuff all the time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

R.I.P Evasive Arcana
However, we still have Arcane Wave and Eruption to use as a blast finisher. It’s just not as fun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Revitte.1936

Revitte.1936

Also.. it’s incredibly poor form to not give a free trait retrain after major changes like this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

new builds are now … 20 arcane (maybe this nerf was to stop every ele from being 30 arcane?)

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Holy kitten.

I may just delete my ele over this. Combined with the Ascended gear BS, I may even quit. Why should I log in to a game I didn’t buy, when my favorite gameplay style has been eliminated?

Note, not nerfed. Eliminated. The mobile field/dodge style was unique and very fun. Now it doesn’t exist.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

in Elementalist

Posted by: CurtMonash.3498

CurtMonash.3498

I suspect that the complete elimination of blast finishers from Evasive Arcana is just an appalling bug.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spegar.5708

Spegar.5708

The wording they used is kinda funny… “unintended blast” that could either mean the blast we do even when the skill is on cooldown or the whole blast thing was unintended in the first place… If the case was the latter, then this new thing is not a bug at all…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gintoki.6405

Gintoki.6405

well.. too keep my build somewhat viable i took 20 arcana and took the 3x might on cantrips, but boon duration also nerfed on runes, now i have to go heavily into might duration managed too still get 25 stack in a horrifically long switching between weapons and wasting cantrips kinda way but lost all my boons duration from before on my furys/protection/regens and vigors.. although to be fair i still get minutes worth of vigor so i dont care about that 1! and yeah evasive arcana now a pointless trait.. i think if it had a 10 sec global cooldown it would be useable or if the dodge spell did more than like 300 dmg.. i mean it says churning earth but its more like churning pebble. eles need these boon duration builds to make up for terrible stats, i still enjoy my ele, and i hope i can still make it viable.. but i certainly smell a class switch..

Aurora glade [FURY] clan. Zetsu (zetsudai, zetsu mei, Zetsu Rounin)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Evasive Arcana is a strong trait that was beyond broken. Crying about it is like crying because thieves are getting nerfed.

It’s still a heal+condition removal on water, extra block on air, cripple (and little bleeding) in earth and burning in fire. You’re still going to remove and heal yourself with it, you’re still going to control your foe’s movement with it, you’re still going to get free blocks, you’re still going to apply extra conditions, and each skill still recharges for 10 seconds only individually, all in one.single.trait.

It was worth a grandmaster trait even before people discovered it counted as blast finisher and abused it like mad for absolutely crazy bunker builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Epic Brownie.5843

Epic Brownie.5843

Holy kitten.

Note, not nerfed. Eliminated. The mobile field/dodge style was unique and very fun. Now it doesn’t exist.

I agree completely! I guess it just didn’t make sense to have a trait that was useful for more than ONE attunement.

Epic
Dragonbrand

in Elementalist

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

It was worth a grandmaster trait even before people discovered it counted as blast finisher and abused it like mad for absolutely crazy bunker builds.

So we’re on the same page that a PvP nerf screwed over one of our most versatile PvE support options?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

I’ve been a Staff Ele (because real Eles use staffs) since release and I’ve stuck to it even though I sucked at it for a long time. It was hard to play in PVE and sPVP (not so much in WvWvW), but I eventually got better at it and I made it work. I stopped playing bunker because it’s boring not being able to kill anything and went condition and I made that work too. I had a lot of fun.

But I relied heavily on Evasive Arcana and Heals to even out (or get an edge) in battle. Now… nothing. Water 3 and 5 suck and were only good with blast finishers and now, there’s only Arcane Wave (Eruption too… but eh…).

I think my hopes were too high for some Ele buffs in the last patch and… Sigh. I just don’t know what to do now.

Perhaps it’s time I quit playing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yeroc.7516

Yeroc.7516

I bet the debs are sitting in a room with a bowl of popcorn with huge grins on their faces. “We did it guys” says one. "Yep, they will all reroll warriors, just like we planned. "

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amaethon.8710

Amaethon.8710

I bet the debs are sitting in a room with a bowl of popcorn with huge grins on their faces. “We did it guys” says one. "Yep, they will all reroll warriors, just like we planned. "

This made me lol so hard. It’s so true though…

Çyhyraeth – Sylvari Elementalist – Order Of The Fallen Watch [EXEO] | Darkhaven

in Elementalist

Posted by: phandaria.4891

phandaria.4891

You might say it is broken beyond balance, but only for PvP. Evasive arcana is very fun in PvE and the only way for viable group healing in dungeons (unless you can point it out for me). I guess now I need to reroll to war/guardian shout for playing dungeon support.

Hint : Separate PvE and PvP trait like they do with the skills.

(edited by phandaria.4891)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

So we’re on the same page that a PvP nerf screwed over one of our most versatile PvE support options?

Bunker eles were unkillable, broken machines, and anyone knows this. We might be lacking at glass cannon builds, but our bunker builds were broken.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

You know I hear everybody complaining about this, but I’ve never used this trait line on my ele and I have a blast on her. I’ve had my Ele since Day one of Head start. I would say it’s time for some of you other ele players to investigate and try out other trait-lines.

fwiw I switch between a scepter/dagger offhand and staff, depending on what I’m getting ready to face.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

hey you know that none of the spells associated with EA are blast finishers right? It obviously isnt casting churning earth. well… not obviously visually…. but obviously in effect.
Its ok guys. You were smart enough to figure out the EA thing you can find another.
Ele is hard to learn. that is part of its charm.
Hope you all recover from this pain.

in Elementalist

Sera.6539

I’m kind of at a loss too. I used staff heavily in dungeons as support and buffing with fields and Evasive Arcana to combo blast.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gintoki.6405

Gintoki.6405

i will agree 100% that it was broken, since the 10sec cooldown didnt work, but actually removing it completely seems harsh, even if it was just 1 per 10 second only in earth since churning is supposed to be a finisher.. still i dont see how they can say " oh they were unintentional.." would have thought it would be difficult to make the same mistake for every attunement

Aurora glade [FURY] clan. Zetsu (zetsudai, zetsu mei, Zetsu Rounin)

in Elementalist

Posted by: WhimsicalPacifist.2943

WhimsicalPacifist.2943

Wait, wasn’t elementalist damage balanced around stacking might? About how much does this change amount to in terms of the damage normally gained from might?

I’d love to see a tally of how far elementalist damage has been toned down in total since BWE 1.

in Elementalist

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

I used other trait lines, then I found evasive arcana. I can’t go back to those crappy, inferior other traits like fire or lightnin.

Guess new builds will be 0/0/30/20/20 D/D <> S/D.

Well until it gets nerfed cus it will.

May as well break my staff now and hope I get one exo out of it.

This patch reminds me of NGE and that is BAD.

in Elementalist

phandaria.4891

I’m kind of at a loss too. I used staff heavily in dungeons as support and buffing with fields and Evasive Arcana to combo blast.

Same with me. Please share any alternative build for dungeon support ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) And it looks mighty fine btw (Check youtube link in my sig ;p)

anyway, i play a D/D ele, and with the 10freed up traits i may just put them in earth (0/10/10/30/20)

:P

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.3569

DanteZero.3569

If all blast finishers are gone from evasive arcana, I wouldn’t say this was nerfed, I would say that this trait is now bugged and needs to be fixed ASAP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Can we has our evasive blast back please? We love it. We need it. Our groupmates need it. It’s not OP. No one was complaining about it being OP. Maybe it was not intended to be a part of the skill, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be. You’re updating with a quick fix to the ranger traps bug, how’s about you do us a solid a give us our blasty blast back?

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Elementalist

Sera.6539

Or perhaps if people were complaining about it’s use in sPvP, separate it’s use in sPvP and PvE, like some other class skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fidjit.4162

Fidjit.4162

My main is a D/D Ele with evasive arcana in PvE and the blast finishers were a huge part of the fun.

Totally took the wind out of my sails with my Elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Same with me. Please share any alternative build for dungeon support ele.

Here’s a build. Take 4 other people in that dungeon and make sure they know what a “blast finisher” is. Problem solved. Seriously, stop looking at dungeons as if you have to solo them. The selling point of the whole puppy game was team work and stuff. You are not supposed to support everybody all the time, you provide the field, they finish it. It’s THAT simple. It’s also how I’ve been playing the whole time and, strange enough, it works!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scyndek.5273

Scyndek.5273

Easy fix, make it once every 10 seconds, that would have been a nerf I could see.

Elementalist – Isle of Janthir

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

You know I hear everybody complaining about this, but I’ve never used this trait line on my ele and I have a blast on her. I’ve had my Ele since Day one of Head start. I would say it’s time for some of you other ele players to investigate and try out other trait-lines.

fwiw I switch between a scepter/dagger offhand and staff, depending on what I’m getting ready to face.

I have done a lot of experimenting. Did I not mention I run a Condition Staff Ele build? Who the hell uses this build but me?

But aside from that, I also used to use Monk, Water, Earth Runes. Sigh…

in Elementalist

phandaria.4891

/signed. I want it back so badly for PvE, and no its not OP in PvE, the heal is way less than mob dmg.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

That’s dem good question, guess people will have to brainstorm something like a variation of good old boonbomber with glyph and stuff… how it will perform in solo pve, that’s another story. Less arcane, more water\earth, I guess.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Actually I’m pissed too I never used the bug I always did the attune 10 second thing so I wouldst get reliant but this is lol funny. I am not going to quit the class but kitten is this a slap.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: CurtMonash.3498

CurtMonash.3498

If this was intended, it was a terrible, terrible idea.
If it was a bug, it’s a huge one that should be fixed immediately.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

I really enjoyed the “dodging to create a blast finisher” playstyle this trait provided. It was one of the most fun mechanics in the entire game. Removing it really destroyed a lot of the flavour that came with the elementalist…I understand the bunker builds were overpowered in pvp but did it really need to be removed in PvE too? Perhaps make it so that it’s separated in pve and pvp? Or make it so that a blast finisher can only be created once every 10 seconds…this is such a huge blow to one of the most interesting playstyles in the entire game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tyrestian.8602

Tyrestian.8602

Yes. This was a crippling blow to the last bastion of PVE Staff Elementalists. If you were going to do this then you guys should have offered some VIABLE alternatives for PVE Staff play. I am so tired of the PVP in this game determining everything!

EDIT: ALSO, -TWO- people working on profession balance is completely unacceptable. Even if these two are robots and work 24/7 they wouldn’t be enough to cover the huge about of skills/traits/profession/playstyles. It totally makes sense why Elementalists (staff in particular) have been garbage since release. It’s why my girlfriend (I bought the game to play with her) completely quit the game.

You’ll never get her back if you don’t do something to fix Elementalists and tune them to something more akin to the BWEs. Every patch it’s nerf or “bug fix” that results in a nerf. Hire some more people to cover one of the most major aspects of the game!

(edited by Tyrestian.8602)