How to handle Mesmer?

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

Problem with mesmer:
As we all know most mesmer abuse the macro on their gaming mouse to pull off the chain burst on the target. I’m sitting at 2.4k armor with 17k hp, i got drop like a fly in less than 2 sec. Lots of ppl says that you simply have to dodge their incoming combo, but with their stun + daze, it’s impossible to avoid the incoming combo, not to mention they could stealth-burst as well. I’m hitting like a wet noodle when comparing their dps with us.

Can someone share their wisdom on how to deal with them?

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Ok, if you don’t have a stun break when shatter burst Mesmer opens on you, you are cooked before the match I check the roosters if I see Mesmers I always keep Armor of Earth, Lighting Flash, if you can survive their burst 10K HP left you can heal up and survive, if you are nearly instagibed then GG for them.

If you survive, you have to quickly identify the real mesmer and get his face, most of the mesmers out there can perform that well when they have somebody on their faces as they are opening on stealth.

If I survive the initial burst I try to kite to the places that mesmer can’t use the advantage of 30m GS and channel clones to the places that have to cross my fires fields and die.

Condi Mesmers is another thing, you should absolutely don’t do anything against them, if you fight them you will kill yourself. Again place fire fields that clones kill themselves. One trick I like I place fire fields against walls so all the clones runs into it and kill themselves.

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Play one. Go to a duel server and fight d/d eles and figure out when they are vulnerable to your burst. If you play the power shatter meta for a week straight youre going to notice when they want to burst.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Yeha condi mesmer is the real threat. All other are usualy a long fight but i can´t beat a good condi mesmer :-/. For the burst mesmer i have two medicines:
first: don´t let them catch you of guard. A burst out of stealth in your back is usualy death. A bit like a zerk thief …
second: Stone heart. when feeling unease i run in earth. This swallows half the opening burst then fight back, i open with an area attack around me, blind an try to hit an interupt then beat on what ever jumped me…. Wise zerk builds cloak and disengage. Last glass thief was down after 5s. He cloked after realizing it hurts but got hit by cleansing flame before getting out of range … But i guess not manny ele are running fire/earth like me :-). I realy love it and still try which third trait line is best for me.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

If the mesmer is running mantras, their burst is not supposed to kill you 100-0. In any case, when they open to you, just switch elements, get the protection from earth, the aura and heal from water, the stun aura from air, or the blind aura from fire. Use your stunbreaks, and flash if you cant do anything listed before. Once you survive their initial burst, you can heal yourself up easily before any other burst

M I L K B O I S

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

you must be talking about sPVP, cause in WVW, zerker mesmers just stealth up to you and insta-kill.

downed state is bad for PVP

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I run WvW roaming. And i know what you are talking about. I usually run with my friends PU mesmer in full zerker.

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I swear I keep trying to give constructive advice but… I just can’t get over…

“We all know most Mesmer abuse the macro in their gaming mouse to pull off the chain burst.”

.. What? Is this really what people tell themselves? Dude most people don’t even have a gaming mouse. The burst really doesn’t even come close to demanding one.

Alright.. So lets try this; Ima assume you’re referring to standard shatter because PU condition mesmer melt to decent eles.

* Carry a stunbreak. Once you avoid the initial greatsword burst you’ve got time to pressure the mesmer.

* Avoid melee. The closer the mesmer is the more damage they will do via shatters.

* Pressure. Use conditions and small bursts to keep the Mes on the defensive, most Mesmer aren’t very good and have lousy defenses. Even more have a hard time mixing offense with defense.

* Kill the greatsword phantasm as soon as possible. With aoe preferably.

* Let them waste their blink and dodges before going in for a burst. It only takes one or two decent bursts to down a mes.

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

you must be talking about sPVP, cause in WVW, zerker mesmers just stealth up to you and insta-kill.

Of course, and a thief can 6k shadow shot you easily… If you whipe in WvW cause full zerk burst builds, theres nothing you can do, just get rezz :/

M I L K B O I S

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I can´t beat a good condi mesmer.

That does not exist. The skill cap is the lowest we’ve seen amongst every builds in Gw2

Alerie Despins

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

That does not exist. The skill cap is the lowest we’ve seen amongst every builds in Gw2

Skill floor.*

Good condi Mesmer exist, and most don’t even need PU.

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Skill floor.*

Both of you are correct.

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

.. But i guess not manny ele are running fire/earth like me :-). I realy love it and still try which third trait line is best for me.

You aren’t the only one
I run w/ the std arcana for the luv. If I see a condi, I just run away.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The greatest enemy for the annoying mesmer is condi burst.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I run w/ the std arcana for the luv. If I see a condi, I just run away.

I also currently run arcana and avoid necros, because most are just deadly for me :-). Any condi or miniom master kills me.
I am build to kill power builds and usually die to condi. It works as designed …..

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Shocking Aura/Tempest Defense completely negates that burst.

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Some things to keep in mind to help you.

Their daze burst is within melee range most of the time. If you see them closing in prepare for it.

The izerker will hurt if you keep it alive. Kill it as soon as you can.

Put some burns and spam lightning whip on them and watch them run away. Cc is your friend. The only thing they got going for them is stealth and burst. The proper pressure on them will shut them out and put them on the defensive.

Bad Elementalist

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I have two strong utilities on the toolbar that can devastate a lot of classes.

cleansing flame + arcane shield.

I usually dive between the mesmer and clones, shield + flame.
If he shatters fine, the shield explodes (after absorbing the shatter) for hard damage and crit procs. (fire field might also be up).
If not the clones burn fast as he is burning.

Greetings
Wolf

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Become a Earth/Water/Arcane stoneheart bunker, eat the burst with earth element stance, then bunker for your team while they kill him.

At least, that’s how I deal with mesmers =)

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

cleansing flame + arcane shield.

Arcane Shield is rendered useless cause of Mirror Blade and self-interrupted AA-spam. Also each shattered illusion counts as a single attack, which might save you from a single shatter with spot-on timing, but nothing more. Cleansing Flame is pretty much useless unless you also use Blinding Ashes. Otherwise all the mesmer spells with tells, that apply relevant conditions, are easily evaded, so that condition removal won’t help you much against a power / stunlock mesmer.

Also protection may help against mesmers not running Shattered Concentration, but who isn’t running this trait in a power build anyways?

Currently D/D Ele vs Shatter Mesmer is pretty one-sided, depending on lucky openers or who slips up first. In either case it’s no fun fight.

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I did´t say its perfect but it helps to survive + does some damage/preasure to the mesmer. I don´t fire the shield on sight, this would be weak. If he fires the zerker i eat it on his first run and will also take(dodge) his mirror blade, this doesnt kill me. I want both to go off near the mesmer with the boon of absorbing/cleansing “something” and protecting my non instant cast like knockdown. And i use blinding ashes. The burst mesmers often flee from me.
I have much more troubles fighting condi mesmer. I usually loose to that.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

How to handle Mesmer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I did´t say its perfect but it helps to survive + does some damage/preasure to the mesmer. I don´t fire the shield on sight, this would be weak. If he fires the zerker i eat it on his first run and will also take(dodge) his mirror blade, this doesnt kill me. I want both to go off near the mesmer with the boon of absorbing/cleansing “something” and protecting my non instant cast like knockdown. And i use blinding ashes. The burst mesmers often flee from me.
I have much more troubles fighting condi mesmer. I usually loose to that.

If you don’t do anything and LOS condi mesmers and clones most loses patience and come close to you, lay your fire field so he/she has to cross them. Condi Mesmers has pitiful cleans after a while if you don’t kill yourself they will eventually die.