How to make Fire spec competitive

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

ITT: People want to gut a trait with an icd instead of doing the logical thing and just applying the completely fine PVP version in WvW. Ironic because we as Eles should know how terrible icd’s can be as a balancing tool.

NO!
Most ppl want icd to be fixed to be per person so you can spread out the effect to every one but not be able to stack the same effect on one person 20 ish times with in one of 2 skills.

He was talking about Deathly Chill.

I get that deathly chill is way to powerful as is vs human players that why its so weak in spvp and strong in pve. Wvw where its broken because you can apply the effect to the same person over and over with out an icd effect.

The rule is if its not like it is in spvp for wvw it tends to be an broken effect. Humans are simply different then mobs and wvw is mostly fighting humans.

So you were not talking about Blinding Ashes..

Well, I don’t think that an ICD per person for Deathly Chill will make it useful at all:
Soul Spiral have 3s sec duration and count as 6 Whirl finishers, giving it an ICD will make it crap. You have to burst down someone, you should use condition because you don’t run power, you cast the 5-4 shroud combo and.. someone give you quickness.
Well, you can only stack 3 bleed per target.
Without Quickness 9 stack, but only if the target is AFK and eat all the chilling bolt from the finisher.

As you have said, we only have to hope they’ll split WvW balance from PvE..

Talking about all icd effects and all on condi effect. I think effects like chilling death and blinding ash need to have icd that work like glyph of elemental power. An icd per person not per activation. This lets you hit every one or more then just one person at the same time it keeps you from landing the same effect over and over with in less then a sec. The only icd effects that should be per activation are the sigils simply because they are so much stronger OR effects that are already build in aoe on trigger so the aoe chill blast on crit.

Giving an ICD, even per target, to a trait like Deathly Chill will only make said trait worthless.

Blinding Ashes per target make sense, like Mesmer’s Ineptitude trait, but making Deathly Chill working with an ICD per person it’s like making “Wash the Pain Away!” heal only once per target or giving to Cleansing Water an ICD: madness.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

ITT: People want to gut a trait with an icd instead of doing the logical thing and just applying the completely fine PVP version in WvW. Ironic because we as Eles should know how terrible icd’s can be as a balancing tool.

NO!
Most ppl want icd to be fixed to be per person so you can spread out the effect to every one but not be able to stack the same effect on one person 20 ish times with in one of 2 skills.

I get that deathly chill is way to powerful as is vs human players that why its so weak in spvp and strong in pve. Wvw where its broken because you can apply the effect to the same person over and over with out an icd effect.

The rule is if its not like it is in spvp for wvw it tends to be an broken effect. Humans are simply different then mobs and wvw is mostly fighting humans.

Well, I don’t think that an ICD per person for Deathly Chill will make it useful at all:
Soul Spiral have 3s sec duration and count as 6 Whirl finishers, giving it an ICD will make it crap. You have to burst down someone, you should use condition because you don’t run power, you cast the 5-4 shroud combo and.. someone give you quickness.
Without Quickness 9 stack, but only if the target is AFK and eat all the chilling bolt from the finisher.

Talking about all icd effects and all on condi effect. I think effects like chilling death and blinding ash need to have icd that work like glyph of elemental power. An icd per person not per activation. This lets you hit every one or more then just one person at the same time it keeps you from landing the same effect over and over with in less then a sec. The only icd effects that should be per activation are the sigils simply because they are so much stronger OR effects that are already build in aoe on trigger so the aoe chill blast on crit.

Giving an ICD, even per target, to a trait like Deathly Chill will only make said trait worthless.

Blinding Ashes per target make sense, like Mesmer’s Ineptitude trait, but making Deathly Chill working with an ICD per person it’s like making “Wash the Pain Away!” heal only once per target or giving to Cleansing Water an ICD: madness.

Well if you put the condi effects on icd and dmg effects like MS on icd then putting healing and condi clear on icd dose not seem so bad. Its when you put some effects on icd yet not others is when you have a problem. That where we are today icd on some effects and no icd on others and even worst icd on activation not per person.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Vitali.5039

NO!

Well if you put the condi effects on icd and dmg effects like MS on icd then putting healing and condi clear on icd dose not seem so bad. Its when you put some effects on icd yet not others is when you have a problem. That where we are today icd on some effects and no icd on others and even worst icd on activation not per person.

It’s fair only in similair skill, like Blinding Ashes and Ineptitude but not on class defining traits like Deathly Chill and Cleansing Water, imho.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

NO!

It’s fair only in similair skill, like Blinding Ashes and Ineptitude but not on class defining traits like Deathly Chill and Cleansing Water, imho.

It is a GM like deathly chill and cleansing water so why is it not class defining?

I think they also fixed ineptitude to be icd per person or at least “This trait will now track the internal cooldown for confusion application on a per-target basis.” If that what that means.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Elementalist

Vitali.5039

NO!

It is a GM like deathly chill and cleansing water so why is it not class defining?

I think they also fixed ineptitude to be icd per person or at least “This trait will now track the internal cooldown for confusion application on a per-target basis.” If that what that means.

Blinding Ashes should be like Ineptitude: icd per target.

Close to Death and Bolt to the Heart are both GM traits, you value this class defining?
I don’t value Blinding Ashes as class defining cause blind is something that every class can do, but “not every class” can cleanse condition apllying auras or convert condition to other conditions (chill > bleed).
I value this as class defining and they don’t have to get an ICD.

You can argue that Chilling Darkness it’s a “class defining” trait and have an ICD, but this is why blind are more easily applied than chill and some necro’s skill don’t require to be near the target to make use of the blind condi-convertion.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

NO!

Blinding Ashes should be like Ineptitude: icd per target.

Close to Death and Bolt to the Heart are both GM traits, you value this class defining?
I don’t value Blinding Ashes as class defining cause blind is something that every class can do, but “not every class” can cleanse condition apllying auras or convert condition to other conditions (chill > bleed).
I value this as class defining and they don’t have to get an ICD.

You can argue that Chilling Darkness it’s a “class defining” trait and have an ICD, but this is why blind are more easily applied than chill and some necro’s skill don’t require to be near the target to make use of the blind condi-convertion.

Your right it should but as long as ppl question if a GM should be class defining is a real problem with the player blase.

YES! All GM should be class defining if they are not then they should not be GM.

Having something like chilling death on a icd per person vs human targets should not changes what it dose as a class. If your going for that condi bomb bleeds and chill should not be the only thing you need to do. In a lot of ways that what is making condi builds too strong the ability to stack one condi to a high amount very fast on human players.

in Elementalist

Vitali.5039

Having something like chilling death on a icd per person vs human targets should not changes what it dose as a class.

To me the only true solution is to split it from PvE balance, making it less bursty in WvW (a little more duration and only 2 stack).
They maybe think that as long players can cleanse condition they’ll be fine?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Having something like chilling death on a icd per person vs human targets should not changes what it dose as a class.

To me the only true solution is to split it from PvE balance, making it less bursty in WvW (a little more duration and only 2 stack).

A split would be nice but it would mean a lot of skills would have to be changed if they are realty going to do this.

No it need to be on an icd in wvw applying the effect every chill becomes overwhelming to fast with reapers ability to chill and other effects in the game. If you want to do real condi dmg you should build for it not just get it for free. Think of it like this if ele could get a stack of bleed every time they put a stack of Vulnerability on a person air overload would be the end all be all power / condi dmg effect in the game.

Keep in mind i wanted to add in my last post that for an ele to clear with there auras they must give up aura share all there utility to they can give out auras though shouts they must run tempest and water line and effectively run a staff to get the most out of regs. What make reaper chills to bleed to powerful is the lack of needing to build for it. That why you see all reapers run it now because its free dmg that you do not need to build for.

Ele is the all or nothing class. Its not a Jake of all triads class.

in Elementalist

Vitali.5039

A split would be nice but it would mean a lot of skills would have to be changed if they are realty going to do this.

No it need to be on an icd in wvw applying the effect every chill becomes overwhelming to fast with reapers ability to chill and other effects in the game. If you want to do real condi dmg you should build for it not just get it for free. Think of it like this if ele could get a stack of bleed every time they put a stack of Vulnerability on a person air overload would be the end all be all power / condi dmg effect in the game.

Keep in mind i wanted to add in my last post that for an ele to clear with there auras they must give up aura share all there utility to they can give out auras though shouts they must run tempest and water line and effectively run a staff to get the most out of regs. What make reaper chills to bleed to powerful is the lack of needing to build for it. That why you see all reapers run it now because its free dmg that you do not need to build for.

Nonsense, arcane Ele can stack an impressive amount of burning in very short time.
Necros don’t have the ability of stacking a large amount of condition if not with condition transfer and Epidemic, if was not for Reaper’s Deathly Chill what a condi necro could do to burst down foes?

About free damage and to be built for condi.. can you show me a necro’s non-trash condi build that don’t run DC?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Nonsense, arcane Ele can stack an impressive amount of burning in very short time.
Necros don’t have the ability of stacking a large amount of condition if not with condition transfer and Epidemic, if was not for Reaper’s Deathly Chill what a condi necro could do to burst down foes?

About free damage and to be built for condi.. can you show me a necro’s non-trash condi build that don’t run DC?

Arcain ele needs to go all in to land that much burn and must be in fire to do so too. There a lot ele must build to do its tricks its not just a gear thing and when its all said and done the out put vs the risk is crazy compared to other class who can do the same thing if not better and still be super tankly and have very powerful heals blocks and mobility. For ele to do all of its tricks it needs to use up its utility because the ele weapons dose not have such effects because ele weapons have soo many arcain effects right lol. Reaper on the other hand gets many effects from its wepon and realty every thing else. Reaper can even pick up a frost bow and get crazy bleed stacking form that alone.

in Elementalist

Vitali.5039

It only need elemental surge, arcane power and some random moves, I use it with Overload Fire in my hybrid build.

I’m waiting for the build..

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

It only need elemental surge, arcane power and some random moves, I use it with Overload Fire in my hybrid build.

You need to make it worth it is to run condi dmg gear / weapons condi duration food etc.. arcain line tempest line and more then likely fire line. You need arcain power some other arcain move signet of fire and glyph of elemental power the heal can be any thing but more then like you want to run it arcain too as for the eleit fire GS is your best bet. As for wepon scpter is best chose with off hand any thing. You can get away with main hand dagger but its super riskily. You cant run staff. You will NEED to camp fire atument all day effectually forgetting 3/4 of your class in doing so.
Tell me how is this not all in? For ele to pull this off well your going to need to not use most of your skills spam 1 all day and use your utility as soon as they come up with no realty rotation or timing.

Other class at least get to use there off hand effects and there utility more then just mindless spam. Ele to be viable as things stand you nearly have to forget most of your atuments as in they become pass over atuments that you happen to have and only jump in for a sec to use one or 2 skills or non at all. If you sat down and gave ele one atument but cdr and other + effects the ele class would be better off then having all 4 of its atuments because of just how bad Anet has messed up with the ele class.

I mostly play staff support ele in wvw (its a bit of an odd ball build but i am getting crazy lag spikes in wvw these days so i need more passive heals then any thing) and i sit in water all day long fire and air are mostly pass overs earth to a point too. My ele would be better if i just had water atument and another wepon set. Atuments are more getting in the way of playing ele as a class then helping.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnMIC1MgFNAmNA8RgFBAzN1ObvtFby2wZIIAEKLiA-T1RTABzqHoK1fmW5nhnAAA2fwclgF+AAIFwiKrA-w

Pure burning monster.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Elementalist

Vitali.5039

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Hmmm that the thing you do run dc on condi builds but you also run dc on non condi builds that a problem. DC on its own is so much added dmg that your worst off for not running it.

Your helping my argument that DC needs an icd.

And icd is how you fix fire spec for ele the randomness of ppl who are getting crazy over the fact that there classes and trait lines they like are op is silly.

in Elementalist

Vitali.5039

Enough of this nonsense, i’m outta here. o/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Well on crits for ele procures condi dmg yet both of them are on icd and must be on a cirt that may or may not work because its still a % that they will trigger (% of a % are super low odds). So why should necro DC not be on an icd? Ele would love a torment on chill or even just a bleed.

Basically you should evaluate the number of applications per unit of time.

Ele procs are on-crit, but then we have 100% crit chance in a meta comp, making them effectively on-hit. And we hit a lot. Ele’s damage relies on stacking AOE skills which hit multiple times and/or multiple enemies. Lightning Orb, Lightning Storm, Overload Air, Overload Fire, Phoenix, Wildfire, Lava Font, Meteor Shower, Burning Retreat, Burning Speed… And on top of that we’re talking about applying Burning, which is the most damaging condi. Not having ICD on these procs would be broken beyond belief.

Deathly Chill is on-chill-application. They can’t hope to match the number of applied chills per second with the number of our hits per second. That’s why DC needs to apply with 1:1 rate, and even apply multiple stacks of bleeding to be relevant.

First thing Ele can’t use all the skills at once since they are from separated weapons. and some for them don’t even crit. Many non staff attacks don’t trigger crits with ele skills. And who the heck goes roaming with a staff lol.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Well on crits for ele procures condi dmg yet both of them are on icd and must be on a cirt that may or may not work because its still a % that they will trigger (% of a % are super low odds). So why should necro DC not be on an icd? Ele would love a torment on chill or even just a bleed.

Basically you should evaluate the number of applications per unit of time.

Ele procs are on-crit, but then we have 100% crit chance in a meta comp, making them effectively on-hit. And we hit a lot. Ele’s damage relies on stacking AOE skills which hit multiple times and/or multiple enemies. Lightning Orb, Lightning Storm, Overload Air, Overload Fire, Phoenix, Wildfire, Lava Font, Meteor Shower, Burning Retreat, Burning Speed… And on top of that we’re talking about applying Burning, which is the most damaging condi. Not having ICD on these procs would be broken beyond belief.

Deathly Chill is on-chill-application. They can’t hope to match the number of applied chills per second with the number of our hits per second. That’s why DC needs to apply with 1:1 rate, and even apply multiple stacks of bleeding to be relevant.

First thing Ele can’t use all the skills at once since they are from separated weapons. and some for them don’t even crit. Many non staff attacks don’t trigger crits with ele skills. And who the heck goes roaming with a staff lol.

Actually, I do. I like the challenge of roaming with a backline build. Not a joke.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I onder why ne would need to nerf a necromancer’s trait (deathly chill) to make the elementalist fire spec competitive… I’m sure that if the elementalist had deathly chill they would end up doing a lot more damage with it than the necromancer.

But that is not the issue of the fire spec. The issue is mainly that the elementalist lack the ability to survive long enough to dish out their damage if they do not have the water spec.

To counter this issue, you need to either make improve the survivability tools of this spec or add some external mechanisms that allow the elementalist to create some windows of opportunity long enough for him to do it’s job.

Historically, the elementalist used to capitalize on it’s mobility and high ability to generate boons via attunment dancing. Mobility was nerfed long ago but somehow buffed not so long ago. As for the attunment dancing, most player just ditch this out after taking for granted that they have to use tempest in every possible build they play.

Tempest slow the elementalist. It sure give it some tools to compensate the loss of survivability but one just can’t expect this spec to create any damage opportunity. the fact that it slow you down force you to tank more damage which lead you to the 2 necessary choice of water and earth spec.

If you leave tempest, you end with choice at least. You can easily put aside earth and open some room for fire or air.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

You need to make it worth it is to run condi dmg gear / weapons condi duration food etc.. arcain line tempest line and more then likely fire line. You need arcain power some other arcain move signet of fire and glyph of elemental power the heal can be any thing but more then like you want to run it arcain too as for the eleit fire GS is your best bet. As for wepon scpter is best chose with off hand any thing. You can get away with main hand dagger but its super riskily. You cant run staff. You will NEED to camp fire atument all day effectually forgetting 3/4 of your class in doing so.
Tell me how is this not all in? For ele to pull this off well your going to need to not use most of your skills spam 1 all day and use your utility as soon as they come up with no realty rotation or timing.

Other class at least get to use there off hand effects and there utility more then just mindless spam. Ele to be viable as things stand you nearly have to forget most of your atuments as in they become pass over atuments that you happen to have and only jump in for a sec to use one or 2 skills or non at all. If you sat down and gave ele one atument but cdr and other + effects the ele class would be better off then having all 4 of its atuments because of just how bad Anet has messed up with the ele class.

I mostly play staff support ele in wvw (its a bit of an odd ball build but i am getting crazy lag spikes in wvw these days so i need more passive heals then any thing) and i sit in water all day long fire and air are mostly pass overs earth to a point too. My ele would be better if i just had water atument and another wepon set. Atuments are more getting in the way of playing ele as a class then helping.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnMIC1MgFNAmNA8RgFBAzN1ObvtFby2wZIIAEKLiA-T1RTABzqHoK1fmW5nhnAAA2fwclgF+AAIFwiKrA-w

Pure burning monster.

one look from a mesmer or necromancer and you would die

Broski

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Pure burning monster.

one look from a mesmer or necromancer and you would die

Well ya its a silly build just trying to show how ele needs to build all in to be viable where other classes don’t.

Any way fixing icd both to stop over stacking of effects and to make them work with aoe as in icd per person would fix a lot of things about gw2.