I see many cleric eles..why?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Ugh right, I forgot about that (haven’t played much in the past few days)… I understand doing it for wvw, but I don’t see why they had to include pve bosses in the mix as well…

in Elementalist

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

I’m clerics because I like healing people.

This, pretty much. I run full Cleric’s, with Dwayna’s runes and staff. It’s a newbie build, but I don’t really care. I swap into Water a lot, and throw Regen on as many people as I can. Seeing green numbers all over the place makes me happy. I know there’s no “Healer” class in GW2, but it seems to help a lot in WvW.

It’s not OP, and if I wanted to solo roam I’d definitely not use this build or this gear. I don’t really like that playstyle, so I don’t bother. I just like that I can effectively negate 1-2 Arrowcarts worth of damage at a siege, and still have all the other staff AoE tools as well. And since I can always just build siege myself if I need to do more damage, then I don’t see much point to dumping lots of stats into DPS.

TL -> DR Version: Cleric’s is good for zerging and bad for roaming, but I like sieges so I use it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

I used to go for Cleric’s, but then I realized Water only makes up for 25% of Ele’s spells. I usually go forward to slow the enemies anyway (cripple, slow, stun) so I’m switching to Soldier. (Well, not all. I still have Cleric staff and will have 4 Cleric accs)

Ele is also pretty much needed to AoE siege engines on cliffs and whatnot

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

focus got nerfed too <.<
In PvE they did a disaster….
I wonder how many more things not listed in patchnotes it cannot block.

I used to think focus was a PvE weapon…its no more.
in WWW focus is just useless….you give up most mobility and damage you have to get some seconds of inv or anti projectile…

Those things don t do much in www.

Yeah I noticed that too. It seems they make changes and do not realize how these changes dramatically alter the playability of their own game! (and therefore the FUN we have playing – in a negative way)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

You forgot to mention the 1 sec Fireball cast time, Flamewall and other things..

Recent changes has done a lot to the class. Least of all the bunkers and it -is- forcing people to use cleric bunker builds out of frustration, from what I can understand (in PvP of course).

Biggest mistake of Anet is changing the role of the elementalist from damage oriented and squishy (not their exact words), to all-round meh class. They likely think that everyone is favoring D/D cleric 0/10/0/30/30 and try to balance around that build. It would explain the grand mistakes made. Nerfing EA heal, healing ripple etc., and now they nerf signet healing, which means that 30 earth signet builds are worse off and less appealing. You hardly see any signet builds around, and you are nerfing its heal?

Looks like they are in a bind concerning this class. They have invalidated builds that were far from optimal, but usable to a certain extent in PvP. There ARE other ways to nerf the bunker build, without leaving everything else ruined.

TL;DR: They keep nerfing heals and so many things, that cleric amulet bunker builds will be the only build in PvP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

just wondering how much a cleric ele really heals for when he has 1600 healing power…

Soothing mist:
80+0.05xhealing power/second
160 hp per second while attuned to water for more than 3 seconds, affects all allies within a range of 1200. (divided by 4 since we have 4 atunements).

regeneration boon:
130+0.125xhealing power=330 hp/s

healing ripple:
2900/20s=145 hp/s

off-hand dagger cleansing wave + optional Evasiva arcana cleansing wave:
2900/40=72 hp/s (x2 if you have evasiva arcana)

Cone of cold (with dagger in main hand):
(740+(0.32xhealing power))/10cd= 125,2 hp/s

So a maxed cleric bunker elementalist heals itself for approximately:
40+330+145+72+125= 712 hp/sec.

We can however burst heal for up to 6000 hp without even touching our actual healing skills.

Add in our signet of restoration which heals for 362 hp per cast and 4750 when using it.
or
Glyph of elemental harmony which heals for 6094+regen for atleast 10 seconds. so a total of 9000+every 25 seconds (20% glyph recharge not included).
or
ether renewal which heals for close to 7000 on a 15 sec. cooldown (downside is the 4 seconds of casting time.)

I did not touch the scepters trident skill which also heals around 3000 or the staff water skills which also heal considerable. Add in all the damage mitigation skills the elementalist has and you’ll see why healing power is far more important than vitality or toughness.

in Elementalist

PinCushion.7390

just wondering how much a cleric ele really heals for when he has 1600 healing power…

Soothing mist:
160 hp per second while attuned to water for more than 3 seconds, affects all allies within a range of 1200. (divided by 4 since we have 4 atunements).

regeneration boon:

healing ripple:
2900/20s=145 hp/s

We can however burst heal for up to 6000 hp without even touching our actual healing skills.

Add in our signet of restoration which heals for 362 hp per cast and 4750 when using it.
or
Glyph of elemental harmony which heals for 6094+regen for atleast 10 seconds. so a total of 9000+every 25 seconds (20% glyph recharge not included).
or
ether renewal which heals for close to 7000 on a 15 sec. cooldown (downside is the 4 seconds of casting time.)

I did not touch the scepters trident skill which also heals around 3000 or the staff water skills which also heal considerable. Add in all the damage mitigation skills the elementalist has and you’ll see why healing power is far more important than vitality or toughness.

I don’t think of it in those terms.

Just by standing next to people I increase their healing hefty amount, possibly even doubling their personal healing output.

I can do this to up to 4 people at a time (not counting myself).

So, if I can double the healing output of 4 other people just by standing around and mashing buttons but as a consequence I half my own damage output is it worth the bother. It depends on how valuable healing is. In dungeons where everyone knows all the encounters and can dodge all the big hits it’s a waste of time. In WvW, where arrowcarts are tagging everyone constantly and you can get outnumbered at a moment’s notice, it starts to be a lot more important.

Add to this, multiple people can fill the same role at the same time. If I’m dumping AoE heals on my party, and our Engineer is doing the same thing in different ways, then the only part that doesn’t stack is the Regeneration boon. All our Water finishers and AoE heals stack just fine. Every class has skills that can increase the group’s healing output, and they’re designed to stack with one another fairly well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wenrolio.8063

Wenrolio.8063

Soothing mist:

regeneration boon:

healing ripple:
2900/20s=145 hp/s

or
or

I was just looking at this in a build editor today:

Scepter/dagger, full clerics, food buffs, 0/0/30/30/10. For wvw, that is some serious group support and staying power. Switching for a staff, the auto attack heals for 500 + hp/cast (0.75 sec) as long as you are in the blast radius. I may start collecting some new gear soon…

Asuran -Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, and underlevel Ranger

in Elementalist

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Soothing mist:

regeneration boon:

healing ripple:
2900/20s=145 hp/s

or
or

Just by standing next to people I increase their healing hefty amount, possibly even doubling their personal healing output.

So, if I can double the healing output of 4 other people just by standing around and mashing buttons but as a consequence I half my own damage output is it worth the bother. It depends on how valuable healing is. In dungeons where everyone knows all the encounters and can dodge all the big hits it’s a waste of time. In WvW, where arrowcarts are tagging everyone constantly and you can get outnumbered at a moment’s notice, it starts to be a lot more important.

Add to this, multiple people can fill the same role at the same time. If I’m dumping AoE heals on my party, and our Engineer is doing the same thing in different ways, then the only part that doesn’t stack is the Regeneration boon. All our Water finishers and AoE heals stack just fine. Every class has skills that can increase the group’s healing output, and they’re designed to stack with one another fairly well.

Exactly so now what if you halved the healing power doubled your own power and had 5 people with a build like that standing near one another? Wouldn’t the healing stacks make you near immortal? Or maybe the soothing mist doesn’t stack in intensity but duration? Haven’t tested it yet so I wouldn’t know. Regen definately only stacks in duration but the other heals are still decent. I swapped to S/D for now because the air-fire-earth burst is just a tad bit more deadly and gives more stacks of might compared to the D/D one. With boonduration the might lasts for a long time effectivly doubling y’r damage output and all those that stand near you.

Its not just defensive support and healing that we can give but we can also give 12 stacks of might to allies with firefield-combofinishers.

in Elementalist

PinCushion.7390

Soothing mist:

regeneration boon:

healing ripple:
2900/20s=145 hp/s

or
or

Exactly so now what if you halved the healing power doubled your own power and had 5 people with a build like that standing near one another? Wouldn’t the healing stacks make you near immortal? Or maybe the soothing mist doesn’t stack in intensity but duration? Haven’t tested it yet so I wouldn’t know. Regen definately only stacks in duration but the other heals are still decent. I swapped to S/D for now because the air-fire-earth burst is just a tad bit more deadly and gives more stacks of might compared to the D/D one. With boonduration the might lasts for a long time effectivly doubling y’r damage output and all those that stand near you.

Its not just defensive support and healing that we can give but we can also give 12 stacks of might to allies with firefield-combofinishers.

I lucked into an epic 5 vs 20 keep defense yesterday where healing was the deciding factor. They trebbed 2 walls down, eventually blew up both our arrowcarts, and got totally stonewalled at the ramp heading to the champion. Why? Because 3 out of the 5 were full support/healing builds (Staff Ele, Staff/Mace Guard, Alch/Turret Engi). Even with the treb’s dead-cow poison on us almost the whole time we held our own for about 20-30 minutes just farming kills. They eventually overwhelmed us when 2 treb shots hit us at once and they charged right after 3 of us were downed at the same time. Still, it’s probably the most fun I’ve had in WvW to date.

Then we retreated to a nearby supply camp and held that for another 20-30 minutes.

I’d think this was just something reserved for finely tuned guild groups except these were all people I’d never met before. We just happened to be running very heal-heavy builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

Without sustainability you have no dps. Ele’s dont have enough spike damage to justify offensive builds so the best bet is to stay alive and use support skills and pressure with burning and bleeding.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Without sustainability you have no dps. Ele’s dont have enough spike damage to justify offensive builds so the best bet is to stay alive and use support skills and pressure with burning and bleeding.

It depends…

For example, staff eles have access to Meteor Storm, one of the few skills capable of damaging siege engines placed on cliffs and such. More power means less time to destroy them sieges

They also have access to 3 other attunements other than water

I, for example, spend most of my time going for cripple, slow, stun, and not too much on the heals. I do dish out Healing Rain every so often, but I can’t dish out those conditions if I’m not in the front line (cue slow movement speed rage), so I choose Pvt armors, need as much toughness and vitality as possible so I can stay alive in the front lines enough to dish out the spells.

in Elementalist

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Soothing mist:

regeneration boon:

healing ripple:
2900/20s=145 hp/s

or
or

I lucked into an epic 5 vs 20 keep defense yesterday where healing was the deciding factor. They trebbed 2 walls down, eventually blew up both our arrowcarts, and got totally stonewalled at the ramp heading to the champion. Why? Because 3 out of the 5 were full support/healing builds (Staff Ele, Staff/Mace Guard, Alch/Turret Engi). Even with the treb’s dead-cow poison on us almost the whole time we held our own for about 20-30 minutes just farming kills. They eventually overwhelmed us when 2 treb shots hit us at once and they charged right after 3 of us were downed at the same time. Still, it’s probably the most fun I’ve had in WvW to date.

Then we retreated to a nearby supply camp and held that for another 20-30 minutes.

I’d think this was just something reserved for finely tuned guild groups except these were all people I’d never met before. We just happened to be running very heal-heavy builds.

that must’ve been awesome!!!! sounds similar to a HotW run I once did with a bunch of pugs. They were all zerker and I was D/D healer. I kept all their health up to 100% throughtout the run and let them solely concentrate on doing dmg. First time I’ve ever done HotW p1 in under 10 minutes :p. Or when I was fighting against 2 giant veteran karkas a small veteran karka and 2 young karkas with just me and a necro. We were only downed once but beat them all. It was awesome but nowhere near as awesome as your battle