Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

forum bug

15/char

Let's talk about future season 4 ELE

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

ele and engi are basicaly desinged as hybrids ….
But what we sugest are buffs to unused things to make a more damage oriented ele possible by giving up a chunk of its support (r.g. regeneration on aura traded for shout cooldown with might and weakness) Which will lead to more offense instead of regen and vigor. I am even not shure if this will change anything in the meata and bunker will stay only top meta, but it will open a window to try something not pure aurabot.

Problem is the support on ele is mostly related to self-sustain through boons and healing, you can’t really lose support without losing sustain in the process

If I’d have to rank our traitlines from 1 to 6, best to worst :

1) Water
2) Tempest
3) Arcana
4) Air
5) Earth
6) Fire

Air is without doubt our best dps line, moderately good traits from adept to master with a valid choice of GM and master

Earth is number #4?? Wat. Without earth 50% of the builds don’t even work. If you ask me, Earth is below Tempest, then Air, then Arcana. Fire is crap yeah.

Really earth is a specialized line, you must have a focus and fully spec defense to make the best out of it.

- Diamond skin is barely useful to full bunker specs and only when facing 100% condi specs with 0 direct dmg
-Stone heart is good but decent players know how to play around it
-Protection, yeah a tempest/arcana is more general use and offer bigger protection uptime

All in all I talk while considering wvw also where ele is not limited to a single amulet with no HP and dmg

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

ele and engi are basicaly desinged as hybrids ….
But what we sugest are buffs to unused things to make a more damage oriented ele possible by giving up a chunk of its support (r.g. regeneration on aura traded for shout cooldown with might and weakness) Which will lead to more offense instead of regen and vigor. I am even not shure if this will change anything in the meata and bunker will stay only top meta, but it will open a window to try something not pure aurabot.

Problem is the support on ele is mostly related to self-sustain through boons and healing, you can’t really lose support without losing sustain in the process

If I’d have to rank our traitlines from 1 to 6, best to worst :

1) Water
2) Tempest
3) Arcana
4) Air
5) Earth
6) Fire

Air is without doubt our best dps line, moderately good traits from adept to master with a valid choice of GM and master

Earth is number #4?? Wat. Without earth 50% of the builds don’t even work. If you ask me, Earth is below Tempest, then Air, then Arcana. Fire is crap yeah.

Really earth is a specialized line, you must have a focus and fully spec defense to make the best out of it.

- Diamond skin is barely useful to full bunker specs and only when facing 100% condi specs with 0 direct dmg
-Stone heart is good but decent players know how to play around it
-Protection, yeah a tempest/arcana is more general use and offer bigger protection uptime

All in all I talk while considering wvw also where ele is not limited to a single amulet with no HP and dmg

I disagree you need to run full defense for earth to be effective. But yes, focus is a must when you pick earth. Thing is, if Earth and focus didn’t have such good synergy, most fresh air marauder builds would straight up not exist.
I used to run s/f air, earth, tempest to get to ruby and it worked much better, as the instant condi cleanse of earth and the amazing Stone flesh are much superior to anything offered by arcana or water. When you pick Earth you also get permanent Signet of restoration + its active effect, so you have more sustain than you would with arcana.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I think it just depends on what weapon set you use and what game mode you play. I think it’s already kind of mandatory to take Earth whenever you are playing x/F Tempest but I still stick to Arcana because I play DD Tempest (WvW of course) which rarely overloads anything aside from Air.

And I think it’s just a matter of how you want to get Protection, be it through Attunement Swap or Auras. Arcane will be always superior in that regards but it does not synergize well with Overloads. Let’s face it, the current Elementalist/Tempest is nothing without constant access to Protection.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Let’s be honest, the future lies in a small buff to Shatterstone.
This will be the crux of the Ele changes…

“The extra vul stack on Shatterstone has opened up numerous builds to the Ele and we realise that this could have a significant impact on the metagame. Thus Elementalist mobility skills have had their effectiveness reduced”.

You know, something like that.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

There must be a top secret build that revolves around Shatterstone and Rune of Tempest that is waiting to get discovered.