Magnetic Grasp & Lightning Flash

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zzero.4316

Zzero.4316

All you D/D eles know what im talking about with both skills. Can we pls fix =/

Magnetic Grasp has such a screwy range, it gets obstructed so easily buy a freaking piece of grass in between you and your opponent, it works like 50% of the time it actually should work.

And Lightning Flash pls, rubberband more, screw up combos more, pls. So gud.

Ty for rant, noted. gg

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Yeah its a little insane at times.

They need to reduce the LOS requirement especially when the game is inherently laggy.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scrib.9207

Scrib.9207

Can’t remember the last time i managed to do a burning speed+flash without rubberbanding right back. I guess that’s what i get for being EU playing on NA. But i honestly don’t think it was that bad like a month ago.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

I actually forgot how the old Magnetic Grasp was like… But this current one is the most annoying sh#t ever. Opponent is in front of me moving to the side and the skill manages to get “out of range”.

When was the last time a developer read/posted on the elementalist forum?

Broski

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

The last time I remember was when a guy from arenanet introduced himself, claiming that there will be more communication with the ele community. Oh man… the irony

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

I wish the first part of magnetic grasp were similar to signet of earth, it seems much easier to land.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I wish the first part of magnetic grasp were similar to signet of earth, it seems much easier to land.

LOL yah.

In sequence

1. You catch the enemy with SoE.
  2. Then Hit Magnetic grasp
  3. Attune to earth as u fly to your enemy
  4. Hit Earth 2 , 1, then
  5. Hit Earth 4 (Timing is crucial)
  6. Air 2 (One of Most unused skill in game) plus air 3
  7. Air 4
  8. Air 5
  9. switch to water and air 3 for chill and air 4 followed by Air 2
  10. Fire 2 then F3+F4 and position Firegrab

This is just an example on how to have fun with Grasp and SoE with high damage result and with CC result

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

LoS seems really odd with Magnetic Grasp. I’ve been in situations where it will follow a slope down and still hit its intended target but have also been in situations where I’m right next to some one and get an obstructed or miss message for no obvious reason what so ever.

I didn’t think anything of it until I saw this post. Had no idea it was an actual issue;I thought I was just going crazy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

could give you an exact date and the post itself but that would be sad

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reokie.7809

Reokie.7809

Can’t remember the last time i managed to do a burning speed+flash without rubberbanding right back. I guess that’s what i get for being EU playing on NA. But i honestly don’t think it was that bad like a month ago.

It happens to NA players playing on NA servers as well unfortunately. Im not sure if Im casting LS too soon or too late but rubberbanding happens about 20% of the time. This is way too often…

Gaaxi 80 D/F Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

A lot of professions have been complaining about this exact problem. Thief’s Shadowsteps and Steals have been bugging out, and Warrior Rushes and Bull’s Charges just don’t track correctly and rubberband. Something happened to the servers lately that has caused a lot more of these types of issues.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I have yet to reach 80 with my Ele so I’m still learning things about the profession. I have experienced really heavy rubberbanding with Burning Retreat on staff, though. So much so that I refuse to even use the skill. When I do, I dodge backwards, return to my original position, then to my ending position, then to between the two positions which is where it stops, all within about 1 second. It hurts my eyes to watch it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

what is rubberbanding?

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Aquatic-Benevolence-new-grandmaster-trait

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

what is rubberbanding?

It’s when a movement skill gets executed and you don’t end up where you should but get moved back either to your start position or somewhere between your start position and where you should be. It’s as if there’s a rubber band that’s pulling you back to where you were, hence the name.

The cause is usually either lag or bugs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abraxadrian.1769

Abraxadrian.1769

The burning speed / lightning flash combo where u dashed forward at the end of your lightning flash re-location worked fine until the september patch. Now instead of going forward, you burningspeed back after the lightning flash.

this got screwed after the patch. Before i never had this happen, not even with lag.

Has anyone had the same experience?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

The burning speed / lightning flash combo where u dashed forward at the end of your lightning flash re-location worked fine until the september patch. Now instead of going forward, you burningspeed back after the lightning flash.

this got screwed after the patch. Before i never had this happen, not even with lag.

Has anyone had the same experience?

Yup. Doesn’t always happen though, but messes me up when it does.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Signet of Earth tends to work more reliably because it’s not a projectile like Magnetic Grasp.

Would be nice if it would follow the ground like that air staff Gust

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com