Ninja nerf in this patch

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

So I looked into this, and I thought it was fixed. Are you still seeing it? Where are you seeing it? What’s getting through? Keep in mind that condition damage will still tick, but NEW condies should not be able to go through.

Thank you very much for this response, and I will be testing it! It is appreciated to know that you guys have an eye in here, and update us when you fix things! It would be appreciated if you put it in the update notes along with other bug-fixes so that we can be aware without requiring you to babysit us!

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

Thanks for the comment, JSharp. It’s nice to see a dev response once in a while in the profession forums.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Meh mistoform was op anyway.

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

This was fixed for me with one of the latest patches. I no get new conditions added while in mist form. I also don’t get stunned or feared during the duration of this utility.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I agree armor of earth does not work like a proper stun breaker.

Pre-change lightning flash would instantly help me recover when I was knocked down, but if I use armor of earth while knocked down? it does nothing, I’m still knocked down.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Pre-change lightning flash would instantly help me recover when I was knocked down, but if I use armor of earth while knocked down? it does nothing, I’m still knocked down.

Launched or kded?

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

So I looked into this, and I thought it was fixed. Are you still seeing it? Where are you seeing it? What’s getting through? Keep in mind that condition damage will still tick, but NEW condies should not be able to go through.

You shouldn’t be able to die while invulnerable period

AmateurNet

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

So, will you guys be fixing armor of earth now too? Because that is no longer working.

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Launched or kded?

Are those different? o_O maybe stun breakers don’t work the way I thought they did.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Are those different? o_O maybe stun breakers don’t work the way I thought they did.

Stun breakers don’t really work well against skills that launches. In other words, if you use them too early, basically before your character touches the ground, they won’t break the knockdown.

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I do not understand the design philosophy behind condition damage while in mist form.
Now that utility skills are no longer usable in mist form, all you can do is stand there helpless and watch your health go down for 4 seconds from stacks of condition damage. Healing in mist form would compensate for the condition damage, but now using mist form can be a death trap.

At least the tool-tip should be change to reflect that you can still be immobilized and suffer conditions.

Thanks,

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

I do not understand the design philosophy behind condition damage while in mist form.
Now that utility skills are no longer usable in mist form, all you can do is stand there helpless and watch your health go down for 4 seconds from stacks of condition damage. Healing in mist form would compensate for the condition damage, but now using mist form can be a death trap.

At least the tool-tip should be change to reflect that you can still be immobilized and suffer conditions.

Thanks,

You can still heal (don’t tell anyone I said this). Water 15 and evasive arcana will allow you to heal in mist form. All invulnerabilities in this game do not remove conditions applied BEFORE using the invulnerability but do prevent conditions from being applied during the invulnerability. Note: Warrior endure pain is not an invulnerability

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Thanks,

I don’t get why invincibility on us doesn’t work the same way it does on those guys at supply camps. Righteous indignation. THAT is invulnerability. You used to be able to kill them with conditions, but you can’t anymore, and they truly are invulnerable while they have that buff on them. Change the fracking tooltip so it no longer says invulnerable, or make it truly invulnerable. Read a dictionary and look up the word invulnerable, NOTHING should be able to hurt you while invulnerable. Make us take no damage at all while in mistform, change the tooltip so it no longer says invulnerable, or better yet unnerf mistform and let us heal while using it again. As crappy as mistform is now it should be on a 20 sec cooldown. 75 seconds for such a garbage utility is unacceptable. And while we’re on the subject of our ridiculous cooldowns, why the hell is Mesmer’s blink still a stunbreaker and has a much lower cooldown than lightning flash? I’d be happy if you removed all the damage it did completely and cut the cooldown in half or lower and put the stunbreak back on it. And cleansing flame is basically the same thing as the human skill prayer to Kormir. There’s no real difference in taking one over the other now. Put the stunbreaker back on it or cut the cooldown in half.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zanaraxtarus.3954

Zanaraxtarus.3954

Mist form, since it completely disables skill usage, should grant true invulnerability. Previously applied conditions should not be removed, but should, basically tick for 0 dmg while the player is in Mist Form; if the condition still remains after Mist Form ends, it should once again tick for the proper amount of damage.
Choosing to make it still tick doesn’t make since from any viewpoint other than the viewpoint of, “It’s too complicated to code” and that is not an acceptable viewpoint (given the skills we already know are employed by this company, it is VERY plausible that SOMEONE is able to do this with relatively little time/effort….and yes, I have a fairly extensive programming background; I’m not just spouting nonsensical assumptions, like Uncle Joe always did on Superbowl Sunday when he yelled about all the plays HE could’ve completed
We get no speed boost while in Mist Form (or, if we do, it’s so miniscule as to be completely unnoticeable throughout MANY hours of gameplay while using Mist Form)

Mist Form is not an escape ability (lack of any speed boost or anything else which may aid in escape)
Mist Form is not a damage ability (it does no damage)
Mist Form is not a debuffing ability (it does not debuff the enemy)
Mist Form is not a group-aid ability (it does not help group in ANY way…actually kind of hurts it if you consider lost damage while one member is in Mist Form)
Mist Form is not a combo ability (it is neither a field nor a finisher)
Mist Form is not a healing ability (we can not effectively heal ourselves while in Mist Form)
Mist Form is not a tanking ability (sure, we take no damage, but if another option exists, the opponent will switch targets)

The only use I see anymore for Mist Form is as a sort of “Fight Reset Ability” – Meaning, while you’re in Mist Form, your timers are resetting, and, since your opponent is not attacking you, their timers are resetting also…meaning, by the time Mist Form ends, the fight is reset………EXCEPT – the fight has reset GREATLY in your opponent’s favor, since he’s had your entire Mist Form duration to heal himself while all you’ve been able to do is bounce around as a ball of mist (dodge-healing yourself once or twice…usually only once…for PARTIAL health-pool reset, while opponent is probably full health once again)

In it’s newly nerffed state, Mist Form is, generally, no more than a way to reset the fight in your opponents favor, or buy time in hopes someone else can kill him after you die.. Other than SPvP, I see no need to EVER use a skill which does nothing more than buy a few seconds of time

Stop catering to the wrong group of people.. The ones happy about challenge disappearing are also the ones that will hop over the the next new shinny that hits the market… If you must cater to some group (which, to make as much money as possible, long-term, you must) then cater to the hardcore fans who will (statistically be more likely to) stay with you for close to the entire duration of your product.

Thank you for taking the time to read such a long post, but I’m sincerely concerned about the direction of this game…. Dumb it down enough that the masses can at least play along with the rest of us, but NOT so much that it alienates your hard-core fans.. Casuals supply large amounts of SHORT TERM income.. Hard core (die hard, devoted, whatever you want to call us) provide STEADY, LONG-TERM income.. The burst isn’t as good, but burst does not keep company doors open………..and people employed….

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Zanaraxtarus.3954

“Mist form……”
HUGE
WALL
OF
TEXT
“keep company doors open………..and people employed….”

WOW!
I did NOT intend on that being so kittening long!!!

I guess I feel very strongly about some of the things happening within this game and things I have seen and/or heard employees of this company say of late…
I’m more than just a little concerned

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Mist form is a pretty good ability as it is, it requires smarts to cleanse conditions first. You still have the water swap+dodge-roll as well.

Mist form is meant as an “oh-crap” to mitigate burst damage/condi application giving you a chance to reset (slightly) and have a chance to respond. It does that pretty well, but would work even better if it were shorter on a shorter cooldown (3s on a 60s). I mention this because stun-breaks are CRUCIAL on our class. It is the same as a thief, if you catch either one in stun, a few hits can 100-0 us pretty quickly. Unfortunatly, thieves have infiltrator’s strike, which is a spammable psuedo-stunbreak (mitigates damage enough by porting away).

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

For Hybrid DnD builds, Mistform can save you from the “oh crap” moment when aura is down to mitigate burst damage

ANother fancy trick is to Mistform into enemies, hit e4 , e5 and a4,a5 out to create “suprise motha fisher”

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

That sounds like a dumb trick…

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Zanaraxtarus.3954

Mist form is meant as an “oh-crap” to mitigate burst damage/condi application giving you a chance to reset (slightly) and have a chance to respond. It does that pretty well, but would work even better if it were shorter on a shorter cooldown (3s on a 60s).

Exactly… Only after the recent changes, it no longer mitigates condi dmg… Fix that, and lower the cooldown to something reasonable and it will be acceptable (not great, but at least acceptable)

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Jon, thanks for the reply in our forums.

I’ve also found it works most the time. CC seems to randomly leak through at certain points. Sorry that’s so vague. It only happens once in a while.

Please consider responding to the other topic with questions on Eles in our forum.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Ninja nerf in this patch

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Mist form is meant as an “oh-crap” to mitigate burst damage/condi application giving you a chance to reset (slightly) and have a chance to respond. It does that pretty well, but would work even better if it were shorter on a shorter cooldown (3s on a 60s).

Exactly… Only after the recent changes, it no longer mitigates condi dmg… Fix that, and lower the cooldown to something reasonable and it will be acceptable (not great, but at least acceptable)

I’m quite certain that his never mitigated condition damage (conditions applied before entering mist form)

This has always been a bad utility, 75 second cd for a 3 second invulnerable. It was only good for healing, and even then it was still bad.