Norn, Human or Asura for looks?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lowden.1758

Lowden.1758

I’ve looked in the Show your ele thread but just curious if anyone has any good pics of their ele that might give me a good idea on which race….I’ve looked at gw2 armor site and what not but looking for combos.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Ill post mine when i get home. Nothing beats the adorable animation, size and look of an Asura ^^.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Looks are everything in this game to me! So with that in mind I rank 1-2-3 as Human, Norn, Asura. Way over the char and sylvari.

Human has the best porportions, the best armor and looks great with dual daggers.

Norn can look almost 100% like a human female. And nothing beats stealth on an ele.

Asura don’t look great. And they may as well be holding butter knives over daggers. But they float when they use the breath skills, and they flip on some channel skills. Float and flip my friend. Float and flip.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: phandaria.4891

phandaria.4891

Human and Norn are the two general flavor race. Asura, Sylvari and Charr, either you like it or hate it.

Other things that you would want to take note are weapon size and animation. Everything is supersized on a Norn, but you will hardly see daggers on a Asura. Asura also have a unique dodge animation, while Charr a different running animation.

My suggestion is you look around at gw2 armor site and try the races on HoTM as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Skillwise, Norn are objectively the best. They have a racial skill that is actually worth using – Leopard Form in WvW. Humans/Asura are all bad racial skills and not a single one should ever be used.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Skillwise, Norn are objectively the best. They have a racial skill that is actually worth using – Leopard Form in WvW. Humans/Asura are all bad racial skills and not a single one should ever be used.

I find Hounds of Balthazar to be an excellent elite skill for Humans, especially on classes with lackluster elites. I’m only so versed in elementalists, but in a WvW or PVP scenario I can find the Elemental summon to be lackluster, the sword too limiting/ mostly for mobility, and the transformation really gimmicky. The Hounds, however, have a fairly strong burst, so combined with a few control skills I can see the burst really sealing the deal against enemies.

Other skills might be useful, but not for an elementalist.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I got to admit during the first 6 months after I reached lvl 80 I didn’t like my asura at all. I found it too small to see any of my cool looking weapons and the armor used to look very ugly to me. I wanted a sexy human female instead. The consumable makeup item was released and I immediately took it to increase the size of my asura. Now she was at max size and the weapons were clearly visible. After that I started to love the animations, emotes (specially the /threaten and /laugh) and now I even love how a few armor look amazing on her for my liking.

Attachments:

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Coolest pose ever!

Attachments:

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

(edited by Sunshine.5014)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

My Human Ele, Alyss Cenzar,

I really like the Human T3 mix.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Human looks great.

But Heidia you’re right. That asura makes things visible. Maybe I’ll give that a shot for engineer or something.

Attachments:

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Norn female Ele representing

Attachments:

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

u should go charr with base necro helms its much better and new flame kissed armor looks awesome on them

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I got to admit during the first 6 months after I reached lvl 80 I didn’t like my asura at all. I found it too small to see any of my cool looking weapons and the armor used to look very ugly to me. I wanted a sexy human female instead. The consumable makeup item was released and I immediately took it to increase the size of my asura. Now she was at max size and the weapons were clearly visible. After that I started to love the animations, emotes (specially the /threaten and /laugh) and now I even love how a few armor look amazing on her for my liking.

Agreed! I love my ele asura. I made him max height and I dwarf those small asuras. It’s crazy how small they are, lol. Asura all the way, nobody else can flip and actually look like they are dodging not to mention I think some of the armor looks kitten on an asura. Also, take the Incinerator as example, on the asura the flames literally go up the whole entire arm while holding it so it looks a lot more kitten with a whole flame arm.