Oh, you're an Ele? go away.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zadoris.7015

Zadoris.7015

I personally am tired of people turning me down, or kicking me from a dungeon ONLY because I’m an Elementalist. It is incredibly frustrating.

pretty much everyone pictures the “perfect group” as pure warriors/guardians. because they hit hard, and are hard to kill.

so what do YOU think? do you think that Elementalists are simply underpowered, useless, or both? Or do you think warriors / heavy armor wearing professions are too overpowered and dominate every other profession in PvE.
Or do you not see an issue?

I don’t want to see people posting “oh you get kicked or not invited cause you suck” cause that’s not it, as they don’t even give a chance, simply see that I’m an elementalist and decide they don’t want me.
Nor do I want to see anyone comparing to PvP, this is STRICTLY about PvE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

its not a news that we either die to anything or we son t do barely any damage.

PvE we need a strong buff for sure.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

Anyone demanding you play your toon in a specific manner does not deserve to be in your party
The attitude you mention can hardly come from good\creative players. In PvE I find myself being last man standing on numerous occasions and my build is not even tanky.

In the end – this is just a game and ppl are supposed to have fun. I personally do not want to be in groups which consider GW2 as a chore.

in Elementalist

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I agree, self-(de)selection is beneficial.

It’s good for romance, it’s good for friendships, it’s GREAT for employers, and it’s even better in mmorpgs.

let the elitists slowly burn bridges until they realize they’re islands.

the rest of us will have fun.

in Elementalist

Zadoris.7015

Yes, that is true, what all of you are saying, that if they kick me simply for being an elementalist, then I shouldn’t want to be in a party with them in the first place, cause they are jerks.. however, that doesn’t solve the reason as to WHY they are kicking me— because Elementalists aren’t as “good” as other classes in PvE. OVERALL, hense why there’s a large number of people that don’t want them in their group, or would prefer a different profession.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

Good is relative term.

Damage isn’t all but some people do not realize it. Nor they realise the fact that ele can buff their own damage and survivability (might stacks, auras, protection, fields, fury…) depending on weapon and build. Necros and rangers also have issues but I do not mind running with any of them. Wondering what they’ll do when their class gets nerfed. The community got less mature and more arrogant in a way since BWEs. Probably due to too many copies sold (not that it is a bad thing).

If you need party go to GW2lfg.com and you’ll get people to run with.

I personally do not have time for waiting for party so if I do not have luck I try zergs, dailies watch movies and go back to party lfg another time

(edited by Azrael.1408)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

I find that people who think warrior/guardian groups are “perfect” usually end up wiping half a dozen times per run and take twice as long to finish them simply because they are noobs who don’t know what they’re talking about.

Personally, the best group combo I was in was 2 staff eles, 1 warrior, 1 guardian and a mesmer. Not only we didn’t wipe, we didn’t have a single down during the whole run.

Some people just suck at this game. Don’t let those people make you think that you suck instead.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

I find people assuming that heavy only Group are bad players, have just a bad memory.

SInce release first to finish hard dungeon path (before dungeons nerfs) were Warrior/guardian groups.

People who read dungeon section often can confirm u.u

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Gaudrath.6725

1. Dungeons are pushover in this game. Minmaxing group composition is totally useless. Not to mention that even with the abundance of warriors in the game, limiting yourself to only one or two classes usually means you are going to waste much more time gathering up a party… time you could have spent clearing that dungeon. Smart, eh?
Same as speedrunners who bail at the first hiccup, and then spend the next half an hour waiting for another group.

2. The only reason why you would want a warrior only group is because warriors are forgiving as a class, as in you can mess it up and you still come out ok. So that means you’re planning on having a group of bad players. With good players it simply doesn’t matter which class they are, 5 elementalists could clear dungeons just as well.

And finally, for people who do not want to get kicked out of parties for their class, do state which class you are before joining. I always do and maybe I sometimes don’t get a reply, but I have never been kicked out of a party for being an elementalist.

~ Piken

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

LOL eles asre great in dungeon. In AC we alwasys run with an ele with ice bowe. It wrecks everything in there. Those ppl are just dumb :p

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

actually you run ele in AC path 3 because somehow for no apparent reason,, ice bow destroys borrows in 2 hits…..

Not because ice bow is strong……

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

nope… path1 and 2 we rarely go path 3. we also use eles in TA and CM

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

dungeons are stupidly easy in this game. There hasn’t been a boss that I didn’t learn completely the first attempt. I’ve also never been kicked from a group for being an ele. Actually my fastest ever AC run was 2 guardians, 2 eles and a mesmer. Everything was instantly obliterated through aoes and bosses got burned down ridiculously fast.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Elementalist

Gaudrath.6725

actually you run ele in AC path 3 because somehow for no apparent reason,, ice bow destroys borrows in 2 hits…..

Ice bow is a utility spell. Its utility happens to be demolition. And the non apparent reason is that ice bow’s area of effect is narrower than Meteor Shower but with similar number of faster projectiles, resulting in a much greater number of hits and thus quicker destruction of the target.

~ Piken

(edited by Gaudrath.6725)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Join a guild, don’t run with pugs. Problem solved, if people really think we are useless they don’t understand the game and you are better off not running with them.

But then again I can understand why pugs don’t want random ele’s in their parties. Most ele’s we pick up if we can’t find a guildie, will only use one weapon set during a dungeon/fotm. Which is IMO just bad and makes me wanna cry.

(edited by Humposaurus.5764)

in Elementalist

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

LFM warrior or mesmer fotm over 9000.

Jokes aside, i agree, people just preffer to get multiple warriors/guardians cause of their damage and how much damage they can take, doesn’t matter if they are already 3 of the same class.

in Elementalist

Gaudrath.6725

Join a guild, don’t run with pugs. Problem solved, if people really think we are useless they don’t understand the game and you are better off not running with them.

But then again I can understand why pugs don’t want random ele’s in their parties. Most ele’s we pick up if we can’t find a guildie, will only use one weapon set during a dungeon/fotm. Which is IMO just bad and makes me wanna cry.

I always use staff in dungeons, even though I prefer S/F for PvE. But staff is a better support weapon and force multiplier, and that is what I use. So which is better, just spamming damage spells at bosses or augmenting the damage potential of the entire group while still doing comparable damage yourself because you actually know how to use the kitten skills?
I only switch to S/F if the encounter will require a greater degree of survivability from me than what I can get with staff. But in dungeons, staff is king.

~ Piken

in Elementalist

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

mostly ppl who suck at games and only want the “op” classes or certain builds. so everyone can carry em.

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Seems warrior/guardians are favoured more than other classes (uhhhh…….oh wait other classes like ele have been broken & nerfed to oblivion since release, add on top of that a expecting nerf to our only viable d/d build that helps us survive without the slightest of breezes 1 shotting us)

Overall, I am fed up with the elitism that alot of people have…

Gw2lfg is just full off “warriors/guardian only, if you join as any other class you will be reported to be banned” (obviously people who say that BS want to be carried with minimum effort and will rage quit 1/2 way through and say this and that towards the party…he/she is just bad at the game and should be ashamed…)

Funny story time – CoF path 1 group consisted of all wars and myself as an ele…they died several times to something that shouldn’t have killed them (last boss) so i was stuck soloing it. . ..ok next path i died once and got kicked for dying……..

Eles need a serious buff for pve…
Just think, the fractal checkpoint system will be implemented very soon in dungeons and us eles will never see a dungeon again as this system only enforces elitism.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

(edited by roostapro.9827)

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Ice bow is a utility spell. Its utility happens to be demolition. And the non apparent reason is that ice bow’s area of effect is narrower than Meteor Shower but with similar number of faster projectiles, resulting in a much greater number of hits and thus quicker destruction of the target.

is what i though until i tried it on other burrows or other dungeons…

Only ac path 3 suffers so much dmg….

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I think OP is overdoing it a bit. I play an ele in fotm and I’ve never ever been kicked or whatever. On the contrary, people often are happy to see an ele (many because they think it provides infinite healing but that’s another story :P).
The only reason why people would refuse an ele is because there’s already 1/2 in the group. Yeah, surprise, it’s better to have diversity in the group than stacking the same class (yeah, except warriors).

in Elementalist

Gaudrath.6725

Strange, works on everything for me. One #4 is usually enough to kill a static structure of any kind, or at least strip 90% of it’s HP.

Aim it better. :p

~ Piken

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Any semi-large static structure will be hit by 90% or more of the arrows due to their large hitboxes. Try it in HotW path 1, it should deal about the same to the totems on the last boss there, maybe a bit less since they’re a tad smaller.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I tank better than a guardian.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

My main is a guardian but all classes are welcome in my dungeon runs. None of this heavy’s only BS that pugtards are yammering on about.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Engineers have seen worse.

Eles usually get problems finding parties in high level dungeons and fractals. I personally like D/D bunkers especially in CoF since they do decent DPS while giving out boons and heals.

I hate how those elite warriors and mesmers are making a trend for bandwagon dungeon parties. Anet should do what Aika Online did, the party gets bonus exp and drop rate if they have different classes for the dungeon party.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

imho certain Ele’s builds deal way higher damage than any other class in the game, although I cannot totally bias PUG for avoiding Eles: I’ve seen too many die like flies and deal laughable damage, mostly ‘cause of poor skills. True casual players that play other classes don’t even bother thinking that it’s a matter of skills, they will just avoid the class as a whole, imho this is somehow understandable.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

D/D don t do that much dmg…
But i still wonder why cof speed runs doesn t keep a necro in the party <.< they completely destroy last boss saving minutes.
And are useful to save engineer also that happens to be the 2 slowest parts.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

My ele isn’t high enough to run dungeons yet but I do on my warrior and engineer. What I notice is it’s the pug groups. A lot of players are just bad and how they think is worse. I have seen parties that kicked if they thought you were using power/toughness/vit gear. All in all I have seen good class use from almost every class, and I have seen bad class use from every class. I say almost because I haven’t run into too many dungeon running rangers, and those that I have run into either did nothing special or were terrible. At the same time, if I was one of those horrible players making a party while assuming that everyone else is just as bad as I am, I would want most being warrior and guardian because these two classes are the hardest to screw up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Not sure if necros and engineers are really weak or just falsely advertised. Engineer SD rifle build is the the fastest burst build in the game (yes, faster than thieves) and skills have very short cool down as well. While they are very squishy to be really viable in PvP scenarios, they should be thriving in dungeons where DPS is important like CoF. A constant and instant 10~15 stacks of vulnerability and fast burst should be enough to entice other players.

As for necros, we all know they do good against p1 final boss. People are just making a trend of bandwagon all warrior/mesmer parties.

in Elementalist

Zadoris.7015

WELL…. I’m done with ****ty Ele. I’ve been trying for DAYS to get in a decent group for dungeon runs (farms), coming across any that accept an ele is one in a million, and when you DO come across one, they usually suck. (yes i also use gw2lfg.com)
So, the old saying “If you can’t beat them, join them” is the truth here, Will probably roll an overpowered as **** warrior.

GOODBYE Elementalist forums. perhaps I’ll return when they don’t ****ing suck, or when people start accepting them to groups. (one in the same most likely)
/end rant

(edited by Zadoris.7015)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Serp.3264

Serp.3264

WELL…. I’m done with ****ty Ele. I’ve been trying for DAYS to get in a decent group for dungeon runs (farms), coming across any that accept an ele is one in a million, and when you DO come across one, they usually suck. (yes i also use gw2lfg.com)
So, the old saying “If you can’t beat them, join them” is the truth here, Will probably roll an overpowered as **** warrior.

GOODBYE Elementalist forums. perhaps I’ll return when they don’t ****ing suck, or when people start accepting them to groups. (one in the same most likely)
/end rant

Elementalists are fine and I have never been shunned from any group on mine. Enjoy the warrior but don’t claim this class sucks just because you personally can’t find a group. Vent your frustration elsewhere.

S3rP
Leader of Eastern Wind [EW]
Yak’s Bend Server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

I’ll just tell u one thing, most of the times i am the only ele in group (happens mostly in fractals), then at the end of the dungeon i get pmed from the guy that made the party and thanks me for helping them cause without me they wouldn’t complete it.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

When the game first came out, as a homosexual. No serious time.

When the game was first released to the masses, my guild turned me down for the tPvP team time and time again. The reason was “you play ele, LOL, go roll real class”.

Now I am begged to join in every single night. Swings and round abouts really. I am sure we will become rubbish again at some point.

I dont know how we are a weak class though, as I always seem to be the one class doing the most. Sure we are not the king of total damage, but we are hardly weakness pants either.

I think its a case of eles being a little harder to play (only a little, nothing extreme). Add in that Fracs seem to be a HUGE investment, a lot of people want quick runs and warriors or rangers (no idea why) seem to be able to pump out more damage for a quicker run.

Same with WoW, warrior tanks had a time no one would take them. A well played one was fine enough, but many were played badly and were not noob friendly at all. So rather than risk a bad run, take a class which is more likely to give a good run.

But it will change, always does in the MMO world.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lothial.7859

Lothial.7859

I haven’t encountered this maybe it’s something particular to the server you’re on I have no problem finding groups for anything. I was in a fractals 20 group last night that had a disconnect leaving two eles and two guards to 4 man the gnarl fractal, and we pulled it off. Didn’t even have a wipe on the imbued flame shaman (We did lose all the captives twice at the first stage though.) and this was a pug

The only Arah explore group I’ve been in also had 2 eles. I haven’t done every path in every dungeon, but I’ve done at least 2 paths in every dungeon, and have no problem.

Either way if you want to come to Anvil Rock and join eXo we’ll run all the dungeons you want.

King Fire Rat
eXo
Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

in my experience, more eles = more fun, but generally slower :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’m confused. I run about 3-8 dungeons a day (on the days I play which varies between 3 days a week to every day) and all of them are PuGs. Granted, once I got to lvl 21 Fractal on my elementalist, I stopped because it’s getting more stale than regular dungeons (which I find fun). Never have I seen someone demand links to players’ gear. Never have I seen someone kicked just because they were a certain class (although some have offered to swap to another alt class). Never have I seen someone mention looking for a specific class and therefore waiting.

But then I’m slightly selective with what types of runs I do. When people mention speed runs I say I’m not interested and leave. At the inkling of showing stupid methods of completion (namely looking to skip 90% of the dungeon) I bail. I’ve hotjoined groups in CM (CM!! That dungeon isn’t even hard!!) where everyone is waiting for the thief to finish taking the asura to each point in the basement, him dying half a dozen times in the process.

I’m not against skipping certain parts of a dungeon bug come on! Half this crap doesn’t save time and it’s not fun. I think I’d prefer to run with newbs if only because they want to play the game. The elitists just want to turn the game into work which defeats the point of the hard drive space the program takes up on my computer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maiden England.3491

Maiden England.3491

You say Eles are told to go away? Try joining a serious team with an engineer….

Street Regulator

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

Several time randoms have asked me to join their dungeon groups, but that may be attributed to the fact that i wear my Dungeon Master title, rather than being a ele. :P

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Talking about dungeon fails, what about a dude CCing the boss 0,0001s before your Deep Freeze hit the boss…. And then another dude takes your Ice Bow from the ground just to drop it because it was not loot (even that you have placed it away from the heat zone) >.< …..

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Elementalist

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

Call me arrogant but i dont even want to play with someone as narrow-minded as the people who say nonsense like that.

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZeRen.7265

ZeRen.7265

well, underpowered maybe, useless absolutely not my ele has great survivability in dungs or fracts Im one of last a live very often and the same in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maiden England.3491

Maiden England.3491

Actually when I think about it, these “serious” and “competitive” teams are very specific on what they want in their teams and how they are structured. For example, I got denied by a team on my Guardian. And I also did AC on my guardian with 3 Eles and a Warrior. It just depends on the teams you’re joining and how they want it to be played out. That said…. There will also definitely be those biased and judgmental teams that you don’t even want to get into a dungeon with in the first place.

Street Regulator

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cenka.9357

Cenka.9357

Aye, if they’re that judgemental. Would you really want to run with them? We’ve done random pugs when there’s not been enough guildies on at the same time and the warrior in my guild was surprised at how much three eles along with a mesmer brought to the table. Personally I love it whenever there’s another ele in the party ^^ ( But I’m biased )

in Elementalist

Posted by: newzac.5783

newzac.5783

I’ve never been kicked from a group for being an ele, and if the group is wiping, I’m always the last man standing. People think because they have an ele alt that they’ve leveled to 12 they know how the class works, but it’s the deepest class in the game, it requires a lot of work to play well, and it dishes out a ton of damage.

My fasted AC run happened to be 4 eles and a guardian — we did all three paths in under an hour (I used two Omnomberry bars for three runs and still had it going after the final boss, it was amazing). I ran 2 wars 2 guards 1 ele last night and never died, meanwhile heavies were wiping left and right against the troll of all things.

In the beginning eles were a thing to be avoided because no one understood them, but there’s a reason they’ve become popular again in PvP and WvW — it took us all a few months to learn how to be completely bad kitten and now everyone wants in on the fun.

I learned the game on an ele so that’s my learning standard now. Everything else just feels slow, stale, and limited.

TL;DR ele 4uvah.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

I learned the game on an ele so that’s my learning standard now. Everything else just feels slow, stale, and limited.
TL;DR ele 4uvah.

Same… ^ this is so true

Ele will remain my favorite class regardless. I’ve never been shunned from a group, I know how to might stack s/d in dungeons. The only party groups that get annoying are the CoF path 1 farm runs looking for 4 wars and a mesmer… all that means is they’ve never played with an ele that knows how to stack might and drop boons, which makes everyones damage output all the better… and what’s this with mesmers? The only time they’re “really” beneficial is when you have to carry the orbs through the rolling fireballs, and frankly if you can’t make it thru that you’ kitten This game is just fine running 5 of whatever class you want. Ele requires a lot of thought and a lot more dancing around your keyboard than other classes, unfortunately a lot more effort than a lot of people are able to put in.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

@Slim, you forgot the quickness bubble ^^

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Elementalist

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

I don’t know why ele is disliked. We play a vital support/tank role in dungeons. Fire, air give good utility skills and combo fields. Water is amazing at healing because all the skills heal except for 2 and the condi removal is large and powerful, possibly even competing with guardian condi removal(don’t tell them I said that). Earth has great finishers and cc skills.

I don’t see why people hate on ele.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aya Miyu.9614

Aya Miyu.9614

I am usually one of the last party members standing with our guardian (I’m talking about the group of 5 in my guild and everyday we do 1 dungeon, or a fractal before going or own way, we are a Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer and me-Ele) sometimes even in fractals (with low level of agony) we ended fighting the boss the two of us alone.

What I don’t understand then is comments about, Eles are kitten, they are a NO for dungeons and Fractals.

And I found people telling me “you USE this hability, DO this etc” every fight or boss you find in the dungeon, when I fighted it time again and again with my guild friends and we normally don’t die, or die few times, and you know you are not doing anything wrong, you’re the one dying less compared even to that person etc"

Ok. True I’m always open to constructive opinion if it helps me to improve my ele, no people bossing me around, that’s why when I find parties with people like that and all the time is calling other party members (be warrior, guardian, mesmes, ranger etc) names and insulting and saying their useless and fools is like ¬¬ Who do you think you are? I really want to leave the group, and sometimes I did. Because the most useless is THAT person because he thinks he’s the best and is just as bad as he’s saying about others,. and the funny part es when he dies and he blames those people instead of seeing the true, that he is the useless one. And I found that with guardians and warriors. They don’t know how to use them and is better to blame the Ele or that range or anyone else ¬¬ (XD)

So that’s why I think you should play the way you want, you will be better or worst than others, but thinking that “Well, I’ll go with those traits and those stats because that way people will find me useful and I’ll find more parties” I don’t know, all the builds I saw and the posts on forums I found, are totally different from my build, and they say that is perfect for pve or for pvp, but I don’t care, I like my ele, how I play it I have fun, you should do the same and pass doing dungeons and anything with that kind of people telling you that you are bad or not inviting you because you’re ele.

I’m only posting my opinion or my experience doing things with people outside my guild. And really, this is a game, is supossed to be something to play and have fun, or not?

Sorry for my english :S

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Anyone who does not want Ele’s in there dungeon group, must be kitten players and your better off without going in groups like that anyway

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation