Our most amazing elite - plauged by design flaws!

in Elementalist

Posted by: BFNK.6748

BFNK.6748

I finally got to use the ‘Conjure Fiery Greatsword’ elite, and it has been a blast. With this in my hands I am able to destroy everything in my path, it’s really great. But could someone explain to me what is the point of having to actually lay your spare 20-charge weapon on the ground, having to go back for it after my initial sword has expired? This makes no sense, it is absolutely annoying and unnecessary. I am always moving in a forward direction, but whenever I use this ability I am actually forced to go back and pick it up. Not just that, if I want to be efficient I need to spawn the spare sword ahead of me, which often gets me unnecessarily murdered by a bunch of mobs, while trying to get the perfect far-away casting distance and not a single bit closer. I have to stand still while casting it, so it often bugs and goes into a 3 second recharge.

The poor sword has no synergy with the rest of my spells – If I ever decide to go underwater – it’s gone. If I ever need to pop mist form – IT’S GONE. If I accidentally pick some random worthless item from the ground – it’s gone. I can’t even leave it on the ground and pick it up later, the way I can with all those hundreds of practically useless tools (shovels, water buckets and whatnot). Not only this, but ANYONE can pick up my spare sword, anyone. I usually wouldn’t mind donating one to a fellow player, but when I have absolutely no choice of keeping it for myself – that is different. The control has been swept away and occasionally my survival depends on pure chance, which is ridiculous if we are to talk about a skill-driven game.

Why has it been so hard for you to just make it possible for the Elementalists to drop and pick up the sword whenever they want to? Or simply spawn one single sword with 20 (40 traited) charges? Why does my sword disappear nowhere to be found as soon as I use my Mist Form? You are punishing me for using my own spells?! And what is most annoying is that I am even being punished if I decide to be FULLY efficient with my sword – that is trying to use mostly the auto-attack, which throws 3-4 fireballs for the price of 1 charge. If I do that – as soon as my sword disappears, which happens just about after 1 minute has passed – my other sword is gone too. So I can’t even use my second charge because apparently I am not supposed to take my time and put my sword into full usage, not if I want to use both swords.

Furthermore, the sound effects… This is beyond comprehension – we (me and a large bunch of other players) are forced to turn off our sound effects, because every now and then the sword’s SFX will start glitching and producing unbearable noises of over-layered sounds, phasing and bugging me out of this world. This, combined with the amazing, most annoying bug of the scepter’s lightning auto-attack , makes playing an elementalist with sound effects turned on impossible. Unless the player is a sonic masochist and really wants to hear all those dying kittens for what seems to be practically 90% of the time. (Most eles roam in air mode for the speed buffs, the scepter will always bug, you can do the math)

I strongly hope that these problems will be fixed with the next patch. I did not write in the bug thread mostly because half of these ‘bugs’ are actually working as you intended them. Having to pick up my sword and losing it like I have described above – this is not a bug but it sure works and feels like one. The elementalist is by far the most fun, versatile and interesting profession to play and such issues do nothing but ruin the adventure for me (and I presume the rest of us, eles).

Please show us some love and make it right!

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

I finally got to use the ‘Conjure Fiery Greatsword’ elite, and it has been a blast. With this in my hands I am able to destroy everything in my path, it’s really great. But could someone explain to me what is the point of having to actually lay your spare 20-charge weapon on the ground, having to go back for it after my initial sword has expired? This makes no sense, it is absolutely annoying and unnecessary. I am always moving in a forward direction, but whenever I use this ability I am actually forced to go back and pick it up. Not just that, if I want to be efficient I need to spawn the spare sword ahead of me, which often gets me unnecessarily murdered by a bunch of mobs, while trying to get the perfect far-away casting distance and not a single bit closer. I have to stand still while casting it, so it often bugs and goes into a 3 second recharge.

The poor sword has no synergy with the rest of my spells – If I ever decide to go underwater – it’s gone. If I ever need to pop mist form – IT’S GONE. If I accidentally pick some random worthless item from the ground – it’s gone. I can’t even leave it on the ground and pick it up later, the way I can with all those hundreds of practically useless tools (shovels, water buckets and whatnot). Not only this, but ANYONE can pick up my spare sword, anyone. I usually wouldn’t mind donating one to a fellow player, but when I have absolutely no choice of keeping it for myself – that is different. The control has been swept away and occasionally my survival depends on pure chance, which is ridiculous if we are to talk about a skill-driven game.

Why has it been so hard for you to just make it possible for the Elementalists to drop and pick up the sword whenever they want to? Or simply spawn one single sword with 20 (40 traited) charges? Why does my sword disappear nowhere to be found as soon as I use my Mist Form? You are punishing me for using my own spells?! And what is most annoying is that I am even being punished if I decide to be FULLY efficient with my sword – that is trying to use mostly the auto-attack, which throws 3-4 fireballs for the price of 1 charge. If I do that – as soon as my sword disappears, which happens just about after 1 minute has passed – my other sword is gone too. So I can’t even use my second charge because apparently I am not supposed to take my time and put my sword into full usage, not if I want to use both swords.

Furthermore, the sound effects… This is beyond comprehension – we (me and a large bunch of other players) are forced to turn off our sound effects, because every now and then the sword’s SFX will start glitching and producing unbearable noises of over-layered sounds, phasing and bugging me out of this world. This, combined with the amazing, most annoying bug of the scepter’s lightning auto-attack , makes playing an elementalist with sound effects turned on impossible. Unless the player is a sonic masochist and really wants to hear all those dying kittens for what seems to be practically 90% of the time. (Most eles roam in air mode for the speed buffs, the scepter will always bug, you can do the math)

I strongly hope that these problems will be fixed with the next patch. I did not write in the bug thread mostly because half of these ‘bugs’ are actually working as you intended them. Having to pick up my sword and losing it like I have described above – this is not a bug but it sure works and feels like one. The elementalist is by far the most fun, versatile and interesting profession to play and such issues do nothing but ruin the adventure for me (and I presume the rest of us, eles).

Please show us some love and make it right!

I agree. It definitely feels like the ele has a lot of small issues that can be streamlined.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Every time someone steals ele’s greatsword, KITTEN DIES.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

i prefer glyph of elementals over the GS, its an excelent skill to use at low levels but at high levels it lacks the dps to make it worth it imo.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

So, let me get this straight. Your issues is that the skill, ammm, ends at some point? And that other players can use it(really, I thought that was the idea of dropping the sword, to give it to smb else)… I think I’m lost….

in Elementalist

TheWarKeeper.5374

i think what he is trying to say is that having that sword equipped increases the chance for that player to die rather than using his normal skillset, and i agree with him on high level content, on low level content fiery GS is nb.

in Elementalist

BFNK.6748

@TWMagimay : You are free to twist my words as much as you can or want to, although that’s highly irrelevant. In no part of my post have I said my problem is that my elite skill ends at some point. I explained thoroughly that it ends prematurely, (I bet you know what that words means ( get it?)) and this is caused by numerous external factors, not just one.

@TheWarKeeper: Whether the skills is underpowered or not (it is) is just as irrelevant. First of all I’d like to see it properly work. At level 60 the sword’s auto attack throws 4 fireballs. They usually deal somewhere around 300+400+600+1200 damage for each auto attack, all in AoE with a larger area of effect than the daggers, for instance. I have 20 swings x 4 fireballs each for each sword. I don’t know how you play, but the sole damage of the auto-attack and the gap-closer spell on 3 are more than enough to kill a huge bunch of mobs, even with 2 veterans alongside them, and evade them at all times.

Now unless you have something constructive to say – feel free to not write at all. I won’t cry too loud about your absence, don’t worry.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

Also remember to drop target when you bring out the GS. It makes Fiery Rush 100x less suicidal and generally does more damage that way, to boot.

in Elementalist

TheWarKeeper.5374

@TWMagimay : You are free to twist my words as much as you can or want to, although that’s highly irrelevant. In no part of my post have I said my problem is that my elite skill ends at some point. I explained thoroughly that it ends prematurely, (I bet you know what that words means ( get it?)) and this is caused by numerous external factors, not just one.

@TheWarKeeper: Whether the skills is underpowered or not (it is) is just as irrelevant. First of all I’d like to see it properly work. At level 60 the sword’s auto attack throws 4 fireballs. They usually deal somewhere around 300+400+600+1200 damage for each auto attack, all in AoE with a larger area of effect than the daggers, for instance. I have 20 swings x 4 fireballs each for each sword. I don’t know how you play, but the sole damage of the auto-attack and the gap-closer spell on 3 are more than enough to kill a huge bunch of mobs, even with 2 veterans alongside them, and evade them at all times.

Now unless you have something constructive to say – feel free to not write at all. I won’t cry too loud about your absence, don’t worry.

You do realise that its not actually 300+400+600+1200 right? the damage tooltip simply shows how much damage you are dealing with that spell, you are not dealing 1200 damage in 1 of the GS autoattack fireball….. further more the GS auto attack is below 30% better than staff auto attack in dps, but since its casting time takes longer, its a drawback to cast other spells meanwhile so its subjective, better in some situations worse in others, you also are reduced at half the range and no attunement switch, and i can do way more dps with my staff than youll ever do with ur GS at level 80 btw.

(edited by TheWarKeeper.5374)

in Elementalist

TWMagimay.9057

Premature: 1. Occurring, growing, or existing before the customary, correct, or assigned time; uncommonly or unexpectedly early

So, no, GS doesn’t end “prematurely”, it ends when it’s, ammm, supposed to. By design and description. Just because it doesn’t satisfy you, doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with it. Oh, and here is that thing you never said:

. I can’t even leave it on the ground and pick it up later, the way I can with all those hundreds of practically useless tools (shovels, water buckets and whatnot).
[…]
nd what is most annoying is that I am even being punished if I decide to be FULLY efficient with my sword – that is trying to use mostly the auto-attack, which throws 3-4 fireballs for the price of 1 charge. If I do that – as soon as my sword disappears, which happens just about after 1 minute has passed – my other sword is gone too.

And what I was referring to. I do understand the mist form and water thing and do partially agree with it(partially, because it’s still part of the design and obviously working as intend thus not quite premature). It’d be a good idea to read yoru own posts and think what smb might be talking about before going into “i’m right, you are wrong”-mode.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

So, let me get this straight. Your issues is that the skill, ammm, ends at some point? And that other players can use it(really, I thought that was the idea of dropping the sword, to give it to smb else)… I think I’m lost….

You are lost because you did not even read his post, and just trolled him instead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Love the FGS, and the fact that it can be picked up by another player is also great, just not in large scale DE’s.

I had an epic fight while I lvled my ele, getting a skill point at Straights of Devastation with another Engineer who had some trouble soloing the veteran that was guarding the spot along with extra mobs.
I dropped the FGS and we both charged in, needless to say, I wish I frapsed the whole fight.

What does bug me however is the sfx issues :/

By the way, for anyone dismissing the FGS as bad design for elite – try seeing it as extention of your attunements rather than a standalone weapon that you must keep for the whole duration. Considering elites shouldn’t last that long to begin with, use it at the right situations. (for example, skill 4 deals great damage and can perma-cripple your foe if used in succession after cd is off).

in Elementalist

BFNK.6748

I have to admit – I actually thought it was dealing the sum of those numbers, not following up on how much damage have you done so far with the spell. Looks like I have totally missed out on this mechanic. This doesn’t change what I initially wrote – I still think the spell has to be improved in the way it works. If you accidentally end up in water, or simply want to swim on the surface to the other side – the spell will end,
and it will be a premature end.

Furthermore, the opening of my post suggests I like the spell. If I was not satisfied with it – I wouldn’t be using it, nor writing a thread about it. But the problems can be very disheartening and I don’t see anything wrong with pointing them out. The part that I ‘never said’ is still not there, quoting me won’t make it magically appear there. This is not a thread made to rant about a spell ending. Read through and you will realize that such comments are unnecessary and untrue.

But what is mostly out of place here is your attitude towards this spell – some made jokes about it, they never use it nor like it. I, on the other hand, do use it and find it very pleasant. I haven’t tried it at lv 80 and with proper gear – but plan to do so in due time, as soon as I level my toon.

The AoE aspect of the sword is superb – you can’t achieve that with any other spell. The only thing I can compare it to is the Piercing Arrows trait of the ranger (R being my main). If you have 10 mobs in a straight line – you can damage all of those 10 mobs simultaneously, dealing tons of damage. You can also cripple them in the same manner. The staff’s aoe attacks can be easily dodged, they are slowish and will never be on par with the AoE side of the sword. I believe the spell has its implications, and fixing all of those small issues will only make the class much more enjoyable. I don’t understand if you don’t realize that or just came here to start a flaming discussion with no end to it.

I also forgot to mention that as far as I know the conjured weapons don’t profit from traits – cooldowns don’t really change if you trait for 20% reduction, and so on.

in Elementalist

TheWarKeeper.5374

I have to admit – I actually thought it was dealing the sum of those numbers, not following up on how much damage have you done so far with the spell. Looks like I have totally missed out on this mechanic. This doesn’t change what I initially wrote – I still think the spell has to be improved in the way it works. If you accidentally end up in water, or simply want to swim on the surface to the other side – the spell will end,
and it will be a premature end.

Furthermore, the opening of my post suggests I like the spell. If I was not satisfied with it – I wouldn’t be using it, nor writing a thread about it. But the problems can be very disheartening and I don’t see anything wrong with pointing them out. The part that I ‘never said’ is still not there, quoting me won’t make it magically appear there. This is not a thread made to rant about a spell ending. Read through and you will realize that such comments are unnecessary and untrue.

But what is mostly out of place here is your attitude towards this spell – some made jokes about it, they never use it nor like it. I, on the other hand, do use it and find it very pleasant. I haven’t tried it at lv 80 and with proper gear – but plan to do so in due time, as soon as I level my toon.

The AoE aspect of the sword is superb – you can’t achieve that with any other spell. The only thing I can compare it to is the Piercing Arrows trait of the ranger (R being my main). If you have 10 mobs in a straight line – you can damage all of those 10 mobs simultaneously, dealing tons of damage. You can also cripple them in the same manner. The staff’s aoe attacks can be easily dodged, they are slowish and will never be on par with the AoE side of the sword. I believe the spell has its implications, and fixing all of those small issues will only make the class much more enjoyable. I don’t understand if you don’t realize that or just came here to start a flaming discussion with no end to it.

I also forgot to mention that as far as I know the conjured weapons don’t profit from traits – cooldowns don’t really change if you trait for 20% reduction, and so on.

When you say the aoe part is supperb, do u mean the 5th? u can achieve that with glyph of elemental storm too.

in Elementalist

BFNK.6748

No, I know about the different storms and showers, this refers to the auto attack (1) – Flame Wave. If you line up your foes in a straight line, stand next to the 1st one and face the last mob (so that it makes an actual line) – your balls (of fire) will hit all of them, to the extend of the balls themselves. It’s practically piercing arrows with fireballs. This will reap havoc and if you manage to ball all of your foes up – you will just crush them. I’ll elaborate on this with the proper spec and gear at lv 80, I’d like to think that it won’t scale badly in terms of DPS.

in Elementalist

TWMagimay.9057

True, you are so completely satisfied by the spell, you felt the need to make a topic complaining about aspects that completely satisfy you… And quoting you say smth doesn;t make you say smth even thought it’s a quote from a post you wrote. Oh, wait, that makes no sense at all.

Did it occur to you that people made those jokes because they, ammm, tried the spell at lvl 80 with proper gear and didn’t find it very pleasant? Or are you(the one who’s not lvl 80), the only one allowed to evaluate spells? Just wondering…

Meet staff. Great aoes, bigger range and doesn’t disappear. Oh, and if mobs are dodging your staff attacks(weird, doesn;t happen to me all that often), why are they so happily standing in a line so you can hit them with FGS?

Ofc, the spell has its good sides, nobody is denying that. And it has its bad sides. But the issues you have with it aren’t really part of it. The spell is supposed to do disappear after some time or under certain conditions, the twin is supposed to be pick-able by allies. It’s the same for all conjured weapons. I can understand it being frustrating the first time it happens, but once you figure out how the spell works, you should learn how to use it(like, not cast it before going for a swim and stuff….). Lastly, it’ll make the class more enjoyable for you, not in general.

I came here to disagree with you. If that’s not possible without a flame war, I’m ok with that as well. Your choice.

There are some traits for conjured weapons(charge increase and stuff), but they don’t benefit from elemental traits…because they aren’t part of that element…

in Elementalist

BFNK.6748

Meet staff. Great aoes, bigger range and doesn’t disappear. Oh, and if mobs are dodging your staff attacks(weird, doesn;t happen to me all that often), why are they so happily standing in a line so you can hit them with FGS?

This was, of course, referring to PvP combat. Yes, meet PvP, where people do dodge and can avoid your staff attacks easily. I’ve played my ele in PvP a lot more than I’ve in PvE; leveling it to 80 is just an extension of the initial idea – to do PvP. Going through the leveling process has been of great use as I’ve learned a lot more about the class, things I otherwise would have missed. So obviously I’ve used all the possible weapon combinations and what they do, you don’t need to be a smartass about it.

Ofc, the spell has its good sides, nobody is denying that. And it has its bad sides. But the issues you have with it aren’t really part of it. The spell is supposed to do disappear after some time or under certain conditions, the twin is supposed to be pick-able by allies. It’s the same for all conjured weapons. I can understand it being frustrating the first time it happens, but once you figure out how the spell works, you should learn how to use it(like, not cast it before going for a swim and stuff….). Lastly, it’ll make the class more enjoyable for you, not in general.

Perhaps you are the type of person that accepts things as they are more readily than others, but I am looking for improvement. You can either have logic or not have it. It’s logical to lose the weapon when underwater, but why would you be able to cause the burning condition there? You can in fact inflict it, no matter how much it doesn’t make any logical sense. If you believe that asking for the option to PICK UP your sword after it has been dropped for any given reason is asking for too much – then there is no reason not to believe you only came here for the arguing and disagreement just for the sake of it.

There are some traits for conjured weapons(charge increase and stuff), but they don’t benefit from elemental traits…because they aren’t part of that element…

There is exactly one dedicated trait for conjured weapons and it’s called ‘Conjurer’ (very original) for 10 more charges. Excluding the shared traits, which grant boons or conditions, (things that you get from all kinds of other kitten) it’s a single trait devoted to 5 weapons, each corresponding to the relevant element, because after all they are elemental weapons. Compare that to the amount of traits for cantrips, for example. The conjured weapons deal (or rather are supposed to deal) elemental damage. They create the corresponding combo circles, and it is absolutely logical to expect them to benefit from elemental traits. If not – why not give us random wooden weapons, or something that wouldn’t suggest ‘elemental’? Kind of boring if it’s all about aesthetics. A total of five conjured weapons share only one trait, so why wouldn’t I expect them to benefit from the rest of my talents? A ton of things already provide me with endless regeneration and burning, so that’s not really impressive or that useful at all ( if you decide to point out Soothing Wave or Burning Fire).

(edited by BFNK.6748)

in Elementalist

TWMagimay.9057

This was, of course, referring to PvP combat. Yes, meet PvP, where people do dodge and can avoid your staff attacks easily. I’ve played my ele in PvP a lot more than I’ve in PvE; leveling it to 80 is just an extension of the initial idea – to do PvP. Going through the leveling process has been of great use as I’ve learned a lot more about the class, things I otherwise would have missed. So obviously I’ve used all the possible weapon combinations and what they do, you don’t need to be a smartass about it.

Oh, ofc it was. So, you were comparing FGS in PvE with staff in PvP(before you try to deny it, read your post, the part about dodging staff aoes and then the part about lining up mobs for FGS 1 that came 1 sentence later). Good job on that.

Perhaps you are the type of person that accepts things as they are more readily than others, but I am looking for improvement. You can either have logic or not have it. It’s logical to lose the weapon when underwater, but why would you be able to cause the burning condition there? You can in fact inflict it, no matter how much it doesn’t make any logical sense. If you believe that asking for the option to PICK UP your sword after it has been dropped for any given reason is asking for too much – then there is no reason not to believe you only came here for the arguing and disagreement just for the sake of it.

I accept game mechanics as they are, unless they are in some way gamebreaking. I generally stopped looking for real life logic when I started playing fantasy MMOs(just imagine the mess if they tried that…for one, you’d have to make a new char every time you die) and learned to accept the logic created in that world.
Ermmm, you already have the option to pick up the weapon after dropping it. Or maybe, just maybe, I do disagree with you. I know, hard to imagine, but you should get used to the thought that you are not always right, at least in the eyes of others. I could go your way and claim that you made this topic only because you saw the other topic about useless elite skills and just wanted to disagree out of spite….

There is exactly one dedicated trait for conjured weapons and it’s called ‘Conjurer’ (very original) for 10 more charges. Excluding the shared traits, which grant boons or conditions, (things that you get from all kinds of other kitten) it’s a single trait devoted to 5 weapons, each corresponding to the relevant element, because after all they are elemental weapons. Compare that to the amount of traits for cantrips, for example. The conjured weapons deal (or rather are supposed to deal) elemental damage. They create the corresponding combo circles, and it is absolutely logical to expect them to benefit from elemental traits. If not – why not give us random wooden weapons, or something that wouldn’t suggest ‘elemental’? Kind of boring if it’s all about aesthetics. A total of five conjured weapons share only one trait, so why wouldn’t I expect them to benefit from the rest of my talents? A ton of things already provide me with endless regeneration and burning, so that’s not really impressive or that useful at all ( if you decide to point out Soothing Wave or Burning Fire).

But it’s about your expectations. That are based purely on your idea of what is or should be. I didn’t have those expectations thus I wasn’t disappointed. I did have other expectations that weren’t met(like, trying to blind a mob and fail even though there is nothing to suggest it won’t work). Happens, but that’’s a problem with the opinion and not the game.

in Elementalist

BFNK.6748

You can’t pick up the sword after you drop it… Just saying. Give us an option to pick it up whenever, fix the sound problems and it’ll be much better.

And also, without the higher expectations of us, players, games would be complete crap.

And seriously, your idea of whether I am right is really not a factor… I wrote this here for Anet’s devs to see, not for your amusement.

(edited by BFNK.6748)

in Elementalist

TWMagimay.9057

You can’t pick up the sword after you drop it… Just saying. Give us an option to pick it up whenever, fix the sound problems and it’ll be much better.

Oh, you meant…the other drop. The one where it disappearing makes perfect sense since it happens to other items as well. Yeah, guess I should’ve seen that coming.

And also, without the higher expectations of us, players, games would be complete crap.

Where did I say your expectations were “high”?

And seriously, your idea of whether I am right is really not a factor… I wrote this here for Anet’s devs to see, not for your amusement.

Yet, you keep amusing me by suggesting I can’t possibly disagree with you because you are wrong, I must be trolling/doing it just to flame etc.

in Elementalist

BFNK.6748

Some new kitten has come to light… Turns out that the only plagued thing here is my thread and it’s due to this useless kitten above me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I really dont feel any more powerful with greatsword than with my normal skill set, which is also much more versatile. My advice is to go with glyph of elementals, pure add.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

BFNK.6748

I hit 80 y-day and it’s been fun. There isn’t such a great difference, as I expected. I still need to update a part of my gear, of course.

The sword is still not bad, honestly. It can be better, but it’s not bad. I am not the type of person to stick to one spec only, so I started trying out different builds to see what works and what not. Given that Orr is a zone that requires a specific spec, I know a glass cannon won’t do well there, which worked for 90% of the other zones. The risen are things that don’t make any sense what-so-ever, they will outrun you with rotten legs, they will outshout you without even having the required organs needed for speech, they will zerg you and they will hardly ever ball up into a comfortable space for AoE goodness.

With the sword you can actually control their positioning much easier, because your whirlwind skill pushes you far away, which will ensure that some of the mobs will follow you in a straight line. The attacks are ranged (600 range, I think) and you can kite and dps them without any trouble, crippling them 100% of the time. And no, what that guy said about all of the items disappearing was not true, don’t trust the ‘information’ he provides. A warrior’s banner will never disappear after a drop, for example. They are practically the same thing – a conjured elite, which can be picked up and used by others. Only the Ele’s conjured weapons are the only ones that disappear after being dropped, which needs to be fixed.

I can foresee a bunch of elementalist balance changes with the next patch and I am pretty sure at least one of them will be regarding the conjured weapons.

in Elementalist

TheWarKeeper.5374

@BFNK dont get your hopes up too much, the elementalist players have been dissapointed countless times about updates so far, save the downed state.

in Elementalist

TWMagimay.9057

And no, what that guy said about all of the items disappearing was not true, don’t trust the ‘information’ he provides. A warrior’s banner will never disappear after a drop, for example. They are practically the same thing – a conjured elite, which can be picked up and used by others. Only the Ele’s conjured weapons are the only ones that disappear after being dropped, which needs to be fixed.

Except, ya know, banners are very very different. Also, they disappear when their time runs out. Oh, and they are more of mobile buffs than weapons. But, yah, I guess it’d be too much to expect you to understand that. Do you want me to list all differences or do you think you are capable of discovering them on your own?

As for your Orr experience, yeah, that’s how it works with staff, except on bigger range and with more skills. Also earth elemental tanks like a pro there.

in Elementalist

Posted by: King Jon.3128

King Jon.3128

I don’t know about all the other elementalists saying it is weak, they obviously do not know how to use it. Mine works fine in respects to damage and would out DPS the staff mage.

I agree, sometimes, I really do not want to give out my sword. Having only a few charges and the game auto attacking for you even when it is set off is annoying. It wastes charges.

The time should be increased IMO. The other conjured weapons can be casted while on the move, this one cannot. Sometimes, it causes you to die.

However, the ones who says that it is weak has a real L2P issue and not knowing how to actually use one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Peacenote.1698

Peacenote.1698

I think the fiery greatsword should replace the fire skills when you are attuned to fire for a limited time, but still allow you to switch to other attunements while using it. It’s powerful, but not powerful enough to make up for all of the utility and spells I lose by only having one attunement while using it.

I chose elementalist for a reason – I like support. It’s awful that I should have to throw away my greatsword to toss down a heal. (And I don’t really think ANY of the elite skills are overly conducive to support so before someone even says it…what’s wrong with using that as a way to increase DPS if my party needs that little extra oomph?) I also use it purposefully to share with my team members, but I stopped using it because I got tired of throwing it away when I needed to lay down a water skill.

This should also fix the issue of the sword disappearing if you enter water or (as I tend to do) accidentally pick up something while looting because it is the same command to pick up, loot, and talk to people! Drives me crazy. Implementing the programming necessary to switch back to your sword when you attune to and from fire would (you’d think) also alleviate the issue of the sword disappearing in the above circumstances. The skills would simply appear back when you attuned back to fire (until it was used up).

This concept could potentially work the same for the conjured frost bow (water), lightning hammer (air), etc.