(PvE) Staff build for Dungeons/Fractals

in Elementalist

Posted by: ixl.7190

ixl.7190

So I have gotten my Ele to 80, farmed up/bought some starter gear (exotic carrion armor, 4xSuperior Altruism, 2xSuperior Water Runes, Knights jewelry+Karka Shell with Exq. Emerald, Carrion (yellow) Backpiece with Exq. Emerald, Berserker Staff +Superior Fire Rune)… probably not perfect, but a decent enough start (not enough dungeon tokens yet for p/v/t).

Have now run through fractal 6 with my guild, tried out a handfull of different specs including pure fire staff, vulnerability stacking+support water s/d (and s/f), Auramancer d/d, etc. I have worked out what I hope will be a pretty balanced Staff build, and would love any input or tips you guys can throw my way.

10 Fire (iv-cantrips grant 3 stacks of might)
10 Air (iii-glyphs recharge 20% faster)
0 Earth
30 Water (iii-Cantrips grant regen/vigor, ix-Cantrips recharge 20% faster, xi-remove a condition when granting regen to self/ally)
20 Arcane (v-elemental attunement, viii-Bigger AoE w/staff)

I usually will run glyph of elemental harmony (heal), a mix of cantrips based off of situation (plus signet of air or glyph of storms when appropriate), and Glyph of Elementals for my elite.

Generally my playstyle revolves around movement and intelligent attunement swapping, staying in mid-long range as long as possible, and keeping heals/regen going on my team. I plan on buying a second Berserker staff with a Superior Rune of Battle. Usually i eat chocolate omnomberry cream for increased boon duration.

As before, any tips, advice, comments or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. I understand that I will be changing specs from time to time, but would really like to get something nailed down as a pseudo permanent build I can use for any content.

Thanks!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

My build and playstyle is rather similar and still runs great at fractals 20+.

Three biggest differences:
30 arcane, I also have the trait that gives vigor.
Signet of restoration, I get more healing out of this because I already have permanent regeneration.
traut 10% extra damage above 90% health, I have above 90% health during 90% of the fights and this gives more damage then the fire trait.

I try for all my gear to have knight stats (or close to it). This means I only have 15000 hp, but that’s enough for since I am usually the one that dies least and rezz most.

Sigil of battle is great, that and elemental attunement gives me 10 stacks all the time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I prefer ether renewal as the heal skill since it has a much lower cooldown and helps out a lot during the more intense fractal fights.

It also removes a condition each pulse and I’m pretty sure there is a total of 8 pulses over the 3.5 second channeling time.

Not using a glyph also allows me to free up my air 10 trait and go with an extra 20% damage to enemies below 33% health.