Post Your Build Thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hey everybody,

I’ve seen a few threads around where people are posting their builds, but those threads are getting lost in the throng of other posts on the forum. So, I present to you, a build thread.

• Post your favorite builds here.
  • Be sure to post as many details about your build and how you play it so others may benefit from your knowledge.
  • Also, feel free to ask for advice on your build as well.

Note: I’ve noticed an error some people get when linking to their builds at gw2skills.net. This is due to a semicolon (;) in the URL. If there’s a semicolon in your url, please use a URL shortener (tinyurl.com or bit.ly) until we are able to fix this error with linking and semicolons. Thanks!

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

I approve of this; also, thank you for clarification of that error. So, I present to you my Splish Splash build I had a thread on last night, which is somehow still on the front page (now with working URLs instead of screenshots!).

Build

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

(edited by Papaj.9035)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

Build

Standard(?) Stance dance spec. Great at stacking aoe might with ring of fire. Great CC between earth and air. Water provides healing and condition removal. Mainly built for PvE, works alright in sPvP and Roaming WvW as well.

With Quick Glyphs and Inscription, the Glyph heal will provide 20s of swiftness, 20s of regen, 7s of protection, or 2 stacks of might, depending on attunement, typically just use it for swiftness or regeneration.

Glyph of Elemental Power is mostly for triggering Inscription if the heal is on cd, I don’t want to use the heal, or I need 2 inscription buffs. This can be replaced with Glyph of Storms, Mist form, Armor of Earth, or Arcane Shield depending on preferences.

Arcane Wave is mainly for triggering Aoe Might off of Ring of Fire and providing extra burst dmg (it has no cast time).

The 2 Elementals provide extra dmg and distractions. Actively protecting them with your 2 blinds and 2 knocks in air and earth are important to make your summons be as effective as possible.

The 10 pts in Fire can also be moved to Earth for Armor of Earth at 50% hp, a bit more toughness, and condition damage, or it can be moved to arcana to pick up evasive arcana. This is a relatively flexible build.

Making use of your on attunement buffs is very important for keeping up the fast pace of this spec. One of my favorite uses is switching to Earth when CC’d to apply 33% dmg reduction while you can’t move. Switch to water often to remove conditons and apply regen and healing, but don’t stay in it too long, the sooner you switch out the sooner you can switch back in.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

Well, lets take this opportunity to share my build + thoughts on it:

—> The Build <—

Whats the role of this build?

- D/D roamer

What are the advantages of this build?

- strong conditionremove
- strong in 1v1 situations
- hard to kill
- good pressure

Any disadvantages?

- only mediocre burst (~8k)
- relies on quick reflexes
- almost pure melee

Playstyle?

You can do… like everything with this build. And this is exactly what you will do. Your first goal should be to help others. A node gets attacked by 2 enemys? Rush there and help your defender. You are usually fast enough to be there in time. If there is no need to help your team you should try capping or neutralizing undefended nodes (if there are any) or if your team won’t need you for some time you can also attack defended nodes (you should be able to neutralize points pretty fast vs most enemy’s and keep it that way… killing the enemy will require some time). Just don’t fight unnessesarily long when your team needs you elsewhere.

On Forest:

You can kill svanir/chieftain… but it will require some practice and will take some time to kill them. You should usually let another member of your team take care of svanir/chieftain if it’s required to solo them.

On Foefire:

You’ve got great mobility and this map is very small… use that to your advantage. 1 ride the lighning is almost enough to take you from mid to the side points… that means you can help your group on sidepoints really fast or invade the enemy point and still be able to be graveyard pretty quick if they need assistance.

Kylo:

You don’t want to fight in clocktower… of course if you have to you should do it, but try not to. d/d is just really inefficient in clocktower, since you will fall of the center point all the time.
You can kill the enemy treb, though I like to swich to staff for this (and swich back to d/d afterwards), since staff is pretty OP vs treb (just lay the aoe’s on top of the treb and as soon as your aoe’s are in place oos the enemy using the treb… if he followes you to the bottom of the treb you can use the lighning flash to teleport on top of the platform and lay down another aoe (one fully channeled meteorshower almost fully kills the treb)).

Vs different classes

Guardian:

You won’t kill a defensive guardian in reasonable time when being solo. Usually you can neutralize the defended node and keep it neutralized, but both of you won’t die. You’ve got to decide if you can’t do anything better instead, sometimes its worth it, sometimes its not.

Engineer:

Engineer… don’t engage when you have no ultimate ready but he has. You won’t even be able to neutralize the node in this case. If you have your ultimate ready… don’t hesitate to use it if you feel like you’re loosing or if he uses his ultimate. If he uses his ultimate he will usually stand in the mid of his towers, this is a great moment to swich to fire-attunement and use your aoe’s to damage him and kill the towers.
Even if he doesn’t use his ultimate this will be a tough fight. Try to spare your conditionremove for huge stacks of conditions and play good^^

Mesmer:

Mesmer is somewhere between “absurdly hard” and “almost impossible” to kill. Normaly you can only win if you’re hyper aggressive, so always keep pressure. Use your aoe’s to kill the phantasms as soon as he spawnes them. And always apply dmg. The number 2 of fire works great versus Mesmers, since you can apply a long burn (results in permanent pressure) and kill the phantasms through the aoe’s. This is your worst enemy and you will loose more often than you will win.

Thief/Warrior:

Both require a pretty similar tactic: Use Shocking Aura at a good moment and win. This skill is incredibly strong, especially vs thiefs since they’ve got no stability to counter Shocking Aura. And if everything goes wrong you’ve still got 3 stunbreakers. You should win most fights vs these classes.

Nekromancer:

I imagine fighting a Nekromancer can get really hard… but I can’t make any actual statements, since I’ve almost never fought any decent Nekromancer in a 1v1 situation.

Ranger:

Be aggressive. Use your conditionremove vs huge stacks of conditions. This is an interesting and fast paced fight, since the range will permanently put pressure on you and you’ve got to manage to pressure him even more.

Elementalist:

Since you’ve got one of the stronger 1v1 build Elementalist has to offer… you should have a build advantage or its close to a mirror match.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Build

Great support build.

Change Glyph of Storms to Lightning Flash or AoE for PvP. Great for combo fields and general usage. (Keep in mind that dodging in water heals you for about ~2.5k and removes a condition every 10 seconds, AoE)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

build

Role: All arounder in PvE, Taxi/Support in WvW, not for sPvP.

Usage:

My special move, FargoneSpeed
Start casting eruption on your feet, while that is casting, swap to air and immediately cast static field on top of eruption, hit arcane wave and windborne speed. You, and allies that are standing nexto you got some 40 seconds of Swiftness. Swap back to earth. While moving, switch between air and earth attunements. When the static field is recharged, go back to earth, cast eruption as far ahead of you as you can (you’re moving) and then throw static field on top of it. You might need to slow down for a sec and wait for eruption to go off. Don’t forget the Arcane Wave. (If you’re being chased, forget eruption and just go with arcane wave.)

The Kittycatty -long speedboost of this build makes it perfect for moving troops in WvW, though it does require some brains to be applied onto allies. If no brains are avaible, go to a voice chat. Any allies with blast finishers can contribute to the speedboosts too.

Usage – Combat in PvE
Gather mobs around you. Cast long lasting fields, don’t move. (Oh, but GW2 is all about moving! No, you want them to take damage. And you want them to be very close to you.) When the mobs start to be at around 10-30% hp (depending on how many there are) go down. Yes, go near death. You will get an extra lavafont in. And you will be invulnerable for about long enough for you to rally. And go down and be invulnerable and rally again. (No lavafont from that, but thats how it usually goes.)

If you want to have alot of loot in events where a bunch of people are killing every mob-ball that spawns in few seconds: running into the mobball, throwing in arcane wave and briefly going to downed state usually works. (I get a lot of loot.)

NOTE: I go down alot, but I rarely die. If you die, you’re obviously doing something wrong. Going down is half of my strategy. (Tho if I don’t go down, I’m not going to cry about it.)

Combat in WvW: Don’t solo. Unless you’re scouting for your team. Then solo.
You can defend castles and towers just fine with all the long-range AoE. You can also take out enemy siegeweaps from walls with meteor shower. (Hit and run, one won’t do.) and elementalist is about as efficient in taking out siegeweaps as a Mesmer. (Though mesmer has slightly longer reach due to clones)
Using speedboost can easily get your party behind the enemy lines, making an elementalist valuable addition to any commando team wanting to cap that far-into-enemy-territory supply camp.

And remember. Staff is a long-ranged weapon. Use it as a long ranged weapon in WvW. Lava-font-rally won’t work on most humans.

Also, while running away you can randomly cast frozen ground and whatnot. Going through the attunements for fun also gives: Regeneration, Protection, Swiftness and Might. Don’t forget that while running away. (You need protection and regen if you’re trying to get out of battle, but most important is swiftness. So swap between water-air and earth.)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Dagger/Focus ele; primarily SPvP, but it works nicely in PvE too.

I see very, very few people running focus. That is sensible. It is the least offensive and, in some ways, least mobile weapon that elementalists have in their arsenal.

I made this build right before the game launched, and thus had little time to test it. The more I played it, the more I loved it.

This build is very defensive. Both for yourself and for your allies, although moreso for yourself.
That being said, it still deals “acceptable” DPS via bleeding and burning.
I originally designed it as a SPvP-only build, although I used it in PvE without any issues. I would not recommend it for dungeons or WvW though, although I’ve personally done so-so with it in both.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/d-f-ele-dagger-focus-5010.html

Your main DPS is going to come from burning and bleeding. The most consistent way to spread these conditions is via Fire #2 – Dragon’s Breath and Earth #1 and #2 – Impale and Ring of Earth.

Focus is chock full of very useful defensive abilities.

Fire’s #4 and #5 are both very lackluster. A combo field and a fire aura that deals minor burning damage when you are on top of enemy’s.

Water’s #4 and #5 abilities are also lackluster. A chill and a daze+damage – if it hits. Water’s #5 ability is similar to Scepter’s Dragon’s Tooth in that it spawns above the enemy’s head and falls to the ground for a small AoE, although it casts faster than Dragon’s Tooth.

Air’s #4 and #5 are quite nice. A projectile deflector(destroys, doesn’t reflect) and a knockdown.

Earth’s #4 and #5 abilities are my favorites. #4 is an earth aura that removes three conditions and briefly reflects projectiles. #5 is a 4s invuln that is on a 50s cooldown. One of the best invulns in the game, in my opinion. You can still move and use abilities while invulnerable.

Using focus well takes a lot of practice. You need to remember to save the abilities but you also need to remember to use the correct one[s] when it is necessary. The focus will drastically increase your survivability.

The build relies on self healing. Although it’s HP is lower than many other builds, it more than makes up for it by being able to self heal with any and all attacks (thanks to the signet). The build also has about 3k armor. Once you take into account the defensive capabilities of the focus, it’s a very sturdy build.

Despite this build’s lower-than-average health, I’ve never had a problem with spike damage in PvE or SPvP.

As I’ve said numerous times, this build is not oriented around and thus does lack DPS. It’s important to constantly keep bleeding and burning on your enemy’s, although I don’t usually ever have any issues with that.

Thanks to the focus and certain utilities, you can, if necessary, become virtually invulnerable for several seconds. This can allow you to get through a huge mob of enemy’s, or revive an ally, hold a control point, distract your enemy’s, etc.

I enjoy using this build a lot, and while it certainly has its downsides, it’s still my favorite ele build, and I just wanted to share with you all a D/F build that I feel, based on my experiences, is quite viable for what it is.

GL and HF.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: fatjosef.6380

fatjosef.6380

It’s a trap! A.net looking for working builds for future nerfs :P
Just kidding, but i hope the message was received -_-

Anyway, here is my “active-tank fit”. I won’t explain how it works, but i was testing this build with my firend in sPvP and take alot of fun when after HEARTSEEKERHEARTSEEKERHEARTSEEKER i’m still with 2/3 hp and thief trying to escape under chill, bleed and burning with broken legs
http://tinyurl.com/93hs9y2

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Callmehyde.1894

Callmehyde.1894

Build

Great support build.

Change Glyph of Storms to Lightning Flash or AoE for PvP. Great for combo fields and general usage. (Keep in mind that dodging in water heals you for about ~2.5k and removes a condition every 10 seconds, AoE)

How does dodging heal you and remove a condition every 10 seconds with that build? I really would like to know – thanks!

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: fatjosef.6380

fatjosef.6380

Callmehyde, XI trait in arcane power, Evasive Arcana.

Also, Ryld, are you sure, that sigil is working? I mean, it says “when you swap on this weapon”, but elementalists can’t swap the weapon.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: tokyoshoe.6308

tokyoshoe.6308

Also, Ryld, are you sure, that sigil is working? I mean, it says “when you swap on this weapon”, but elementalists can’t swap the weapon.

Actually I’ve been told several times that those sigils work for Elementalists when swapping attunements. I have actually never tested this theory tho. It seems like everyone I want to test it, the Trading Post is down.

< Ferguson’s Crossing >
WAY too many alts to list here.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

The “When you swap to this weapon in combat” sigils do work on attunement. There is an internal cd though mind you.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

They do indeed work, the Superior Sigil of Battle happens to be the strongest sigil EVER since you pretty much have 6 stacks of might on you at all times which is 210 power and 210 condi damage (35 power+ 35 condi per stack at lvl 80, hidden cool-down of 9 seconds stops you from getting more) and with combo fields you should be able to maintain 15-20 stacks of might depending on weapon and destroy everything with your try-hard comboes and 1000 damage auto-attacks with a tanky as kitten build i.e. only viable way to play ele.

When used in conjuntion stacked with bloodlust or perception your output damage gets pretty insane for an ele.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

How does dodging heal you and remove a condition every 10 seconds with that build? I really would like to know – thanks!

Evasive Arcana

It works on Attunement swap. Currently I am running the Sigil of Energy for Endurance return to abuse Evasive Arcana, it’s great. I can do 4 dodges in a row (including Fire Roll as Staff)

I also didn’t realize I could change the Sigil in the builder sorry. I highly recommend Energy for fun and dodging.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadywizard.8179

Shadywizard.8179

So this is my pve build that I am working on. The idea is to change elements, use aura and cantrips and arcane wave inside the fire aoe to juggle boons. what do you think?
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.1.0.13.0.20.0.22.0.2.21.11.10.24.2.2.9.4.0.0.16.0.0.35.0.0.48.54.0.65.61.0.10.10.10.20.20

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

The idea was to make a build that is up to par with other classes damage and survivability wise. (obviously i failed)

Focusing on criticial hits for damage and using the Knight’s Amulet and Earth magic for survivability.
Fast casting and attunement switching is required for maximum critical hit chance. Use Air attunement for good damage (2nd skill).

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.2.0.13.0.4.0.34.0.3.20.9.8.24.3.2.9.6.0.0.21.25.0.32.39.42.0.0.0.65.0.0.10.20.30.0.10

a build with which i can actually outlast Guardians which i find pretty amazing because i’m used to the fact that elementalists suck.

Focus is on condition damage dealt by earth attunement (auto-attack + dodge) and healing from Water attunement (healing skills + dodges). (Also the passive signet healing). Since health is really low (12k) i have multiple condition removals to counter this build’s weakness.
Unless you’re getting focused and/or not paying attention it’s rather hard to die.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.2.0.13.0.1.0.31.0.3.12.9.8.24.6.6.7.0.0.0.0.0.0.32.38.42.50.0.0.65.67.71.0.0.30.10.30

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jay wilson.1702

Jay wilson.1702

the balanced power bulid 20 air 30 water 20 arcane

water get cleaning wave cantrips regen trait and cantrips 20% less cooldowns

for air get bolt to the heart and 20% less CD on air abiltys

for arcane get elemental attunement and vigor on crit

WEAPONS S/D septer and dagger both with crit runes. armour get the air rune which gives you crit dmg(6 of them) ammy beserkers ammy with beserker jewel.

healing skill get the aura of restoration you get 240 life per cast

slot skills lightning flash mist form or cleaning flame, then arcane wave

combos fire combos" press 4 then in the circle press 2 and 3 where ever you want(try to hit person) and dragon tooth is not an dmg ability it is an might buff abilty becuase dragon tooth will never hit your target. now water just cast 2 healing ablitys and frost armour spam shatter stone if you can.

air press ride the lightning then airdraft then 321

earth this is my fave press 2 for Armour or another attack. press 3 for blind use 4 for knock back and use churning earth with tele, when casting churning earth mase sure it is not going to hit him so he will run away then cast lightning flash while using churning earth to tele on him then the churning earth will go off dealing an insane amount of dmg with 8 bleed.

sorry for bad English it is not my first language.

EDIT use arcane blast with ring od fire it gives you might also even if it will not hit the target

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

Hey guys,

I thought I would throw in my few cents.

So this is my current build:
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/pve-staff-glass-cannon-pve-elementalist-glass-cannon-6954.html

I have had this build since the start and had no need to change it yet. I can see few possible changes I could make, but I dont think any of them would be such a huge addition to force me to go and reset my traits.

I will say right now, this is pure PvE build and I am using full Berserker set with some vitality on my accessories. I did PvP with my Ele in betas until rank 25 or so, but right now Ele is in a bad place for PvP imo (lowest armor and lowest HP), so I am using guardian for that instead. (at least armor is much higher and the condition removal is so much better).

Few notes to my build. I would never think of using staff in my early days..but eventually it turned out to be the best weapon for PvE. You pretty much kill 10 mobs at once in the same time as it takes to kill one. So its a perfect weapon for farming or just killing multiple mobs at the same time. Also for me it makes no sense just to be killing 1 mob at a time with this. When I decided to fight mobs I aggro many of them (as long as they are not ranged…if they are, well im in deep trouble) It requires skill in kiting, because Ele just isnt one of the professions that can just stand still and take the beating. I prefer strategy “Never get hit, you wont die, you can keep helping your group that way.”

So for weapon if I go with pros and cons:
Pros – huge support, plenty of CC, a lot of healing, great mobility, many combo fields.
Cons – very poor defense against ranged mobs, killing mobs one by one is not worth it.

There are few options for Sigil..for now Im running with Sigil of Earth that with 60% on crit it applies stack of bleeding to my target. It is again to increase my damage output. I might switch to Sigil of Energy (switching attunements is the same as switching weapons in this case) so pretty much every 10s you get 50% of the endurance back.

The build I have and the whole idea of my Ele is glass cannon. I do a lot of damage but im squishy as paper. For that I need to use all skills available and to have as high endurance regen as possible for dodges. There is very high error penalty. If you dont dodge correctly or dont use reflect projectiles correctly or dont use mist form in the worst cases, you will die a lot. This build gives good results but requires very high awareness and mobility.

Traits are pretty much self explanatory.

- Condition removal when entering Water attunement is need. The more points you have in Arcana the faster you can use this trait.
- Dealing more damage when above 90%, again..learn how to make sure you dont get hit by enemies and you benefit from this trait the most.
- 33% Chance to gain vigor on critical hits. With my gear I have Vigor on my all the time and this trait is VITAL for my gameplay. If I dont have Vigor on, I cant dodge as often, I die.
- Elemental Attunement, mandatory for every single Elementalist out there.
- 10% more damage in Fire Attunement…well like it or not, most of your damage comes from Fire attunement.
- Deal 20% more damage to foes under 25% HP. there is really not much else to choose and again, when fighting some boss, last 25% you do 20% more damage with every sill.
- Glyphs 20% faster recharge…even just for the healing glyph, this is just so needed in case you ever get hit.

In here I can see one trait that I would love to have, but just dont have enough points and thats Blasting Staff that increases the radius of Staff AOE spells. But Elemental Attunement and Vigor are so vital for me that I just cant get rid of it…and so are all my other traits.

Other than that, switching to air attunement gives you swiftness and deals damage to your foes, switching to water heals players around you and grants you regeneration, switching to fire gives you Fury, switching to Earth attunement gives you armor.

So now when we have the build covered, last thing is utility skills and Elite.

Glyph of Storms. With my trait has reduced CD and again, goes with my gameplay well. Killing more mobs at the same time is better. Having them CCed and slowed is mandatory for not getting hit. And thus I can throw another AOE damage spell on them to kill them faster.

Arcane Wave. I cant live without this utility. Its the far best combo finisher we have and it can be used in combination with Static Field to give me and others swiftness, with water healing skills to do burst healing and with fire to add burning to foes and might to allies..

Mist Form. Even when you try hard to avoid all attacks, sometimes you just cant. Or you need to get through some passage with a lot of mobs and you dont want them to slow you down. Its one of those “OH CRAP” skills that you need with this spec in case something goes horribly wrong.

(edited by Looria.8019)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Looria.8019

Elite – Glyph of Elements and Tornado.
I only use Tornado for fights under water. There its just pure awesomeness.
Glyph of Elements is the one I use majority of times. I use it on every single fight when off cooldown unless I know I will need it more before the CD runs out. Depending on what I need for me and my group, I use it in different attunements. Huge group of mobs that are very fast moving and deal big damage (dogs in TA I look at you!) Air attunement to stun the mobs. My group is low on HP and there is just too much damage going around to heal it – Water attunement. I need pure damage, fire attunement and I need someone to tank the mob for a bit, earth attunement (the least used).

I can see myself running something else in a bit, but so far this works well for me. It requires more concentration and error-free gameplay, but thats what I like about this profession. Fast peace, everytime I have something else to use, it requires planning ahead and knowing your enemy to anticipate their moves.

Regards,
Looria

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Looria.8019

With staff and glyph of elemental harmony, One with Air trait is pretty much useless because the run speeds dont stack. And perma swiftness on you means 33% increased speed. The trait gives you only 25% speed.

You could have 20% faster Glyphs recharge instead, which would – considering you have only one condition removal on 45s CD – come pretty handy.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

D/D or S/D survival build. I sometimes switch to Sceptre for the dragon tooth harassment on keeps.

http://tinyurl.com/9okg8vp

This build allows you to provide good cc, support, survival, and decent dps. Multiple ways to escape a bad situation.

My favorite combo – Start a churning Earth – Teleport onto a group of players – Earthquake – Fire attunement – Burning speed – Ring of Fire -Fire Grab – Lightning attunement – Updraft.

If you want to be extra safe, you can do all of this with Armor of Earth up.

I like the Fiery Greatsword because the dps lacks, and there are times that you get a chance to safely dish out damage. It also provides a great escape tool in Fiery Whirl on a 5 second cooldown. But there are times I use Tornado to cap a point instead.

Ether Renewal is probably the most under rated skill in the game, considering it ticks 12 times in 6 seconds. Combine it with one of your cantrips in a bad situation for a free escape.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

http://tinyurl.com/8q38g8w

This build is great for soloing and team play, the trick is to rethink the use of dodge. By dodging into combat, specifically, your combo fields you essentially get an extra skill, bringing down foes faster, using your own combos (something staff eles struggle with) and even healing yourself. The utilities provide excellent single target damage and are great for boss control

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiffer.9504

Swiffer.9504

I’ve been messing around with builds lately and wanted to know what you guys thought of this. I mainly PvE/Dungeons, so I was trying to grab some burst damage, while gaining a good amount of healing and passive regen. It seems I can also switch out to Staff for AoE situations better than being earth attuned. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks.

http://tinyurl.com/8hpxyjv

This is the build I’m currently using, but bleeds are getting boring!

http://tinyurl.com/9kvfutv

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Psych.8169

Psych.8169

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/the-bearcat-elementalist-condition-7080.html

I play two PvP builds. This one is the condition damage sustain build. More explanation in the link.

The other build (will add later probably) is a kiting/crit build. I find this build to be more fun, but it doesn’t have as much use on an organized team. (Listening to easily countered thieves complain in a sPvP match is so rewarding xD )

Both builds focus on adding some survivability to the elementalist. It takes some time to learn the counters to each other class, but these builds should get you started (e.g. getting wrecked by a Thief? Mist Form or Earthquake when they stealth to counter half their damage!)

Please ask questions or give suggestions to me!

(edited by Psych.8169)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Well i’d like some advices to play staff solo PVE/dungeon and a little wvwvw.

I’d want a build that can switch between DD and staff (depending on themood of the day) while not being all support.

I thougt to start with something like this :|
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/elementalist#5|0|2771|1848|2815|3984|4480|10|1665|0|0|10|1619|0|0|10|1645|0|0|10|2261|0|0|20|2250|1630|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

10-10-10-10-20 and i still dunno where to put last 10….between wind, water or arcana.

Could it work >.<?
How should i change it without using the usual support staff build?
Ty for help.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: SharedProphet.9324

SharedProphet.9324

Here’s the one I’m working up to (currently level 77). It’s my Cantrip build, focusing on survivability. So far I’ve only done PvE but I intend to WvW at some point.
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/elementalist#5|0|1119|1848|100|3984|4231|10|1665|0|0|0|0|0|0|10|1645|0|0|30|2261|1680|2259|20|2250|1630|0|0|0|1|28043|0|49964|49964|49964|49964|49964|21025|21082|21082|21082|21082|21082|
The idea is to maximize Cantrips (Mist Form, Cleansing Fire, Armor of Earth), and also get a lot of survivability through healing, vitality, and remove conditions (with Cleansing Water triggering for you and nearby allies every time you attune to Water, and also whenever you use a Cantrip due to Soothing Disruption). With Runes of Dwayna you also get 5% chance of regen every time you get hit (which will also remove condition, plus for yourself and nearby allies every time you use your healing signet). Or alternatively Runes of Strength could be used since you have Might so often. So every time you use one of your three utility skills you get (in addition to the effect of the spell): Vigor, Regeneration, 3 stacks of Might, remove a condition, and that skill will recharge 20% faster. Oh, and you get all this for free with Armor of Earth whenever you get knocked down to 50% health (90 second cooldown). Seems fun to me.

There are a couple other interesting options I came up with, too.
Signets build:
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/elementalist#5|0|1119|630|2815|2816|4231|20|1661|918|0|0|0|0|0|30|1649|2255|1891|20|1673|1674|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|1|28044|0|49967|49967|49967|49967|49967|26058|48792|48792|48792|48792|48792|
This one is intended to maximize Signets. Your utility and healing skills are all signets, but you get their passive effects even while they recharge, so you can use them at will. Every time you do, you get a fire shield, 3 seconds of Protection, and cause Vulnerability. They also recharge 20% faster, Signet of Water gives Regeneration, and Signet of Fire burns longer.

Signets/Auras build:
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/elementalist#3|3|1119|630|2815|2816|4231|20|1661|918|0|0|0|0|0|20|1649|2255|0|30|1673|1674|1687|0|0|0|0|0|0|1|28043|0|49966|49966|49966|49966|49966|26058|48792|48792|48792|48792|48792|
This one is intended to maximize Auras. With dagger/dagger, you have access to Frost and Lightning auras, and with Fire’s Embrace you get Fire Shield whenever you use a signet. Signets won’t grant passive bonuses when recharging with this build, but every time you get an aura, it is granted to your nearby allies also, and grants 3 seconds of Protection to go with it. With Runes of the Earth, you also get Magnetic Aura whenever you fall below 20% health, and the Protection from all your auras will last longer.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frostedblaze.9017

Frostedblaze.9017

I just recently hit level 80 and I’m looking for a tanky/support d/d build.

So far, I’ve come up with something like this: http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#ccszz9mMxvLMo0xLMGa0xacszVRbV

I’m goin for a aura-based build. I’d try to generate a lot of auras for my group and I, granting everyone fury and swiftness while doing so. I’d look for toughness on my gear (I have no idea what other stats I’d want) to help increase my survivability.

Any advice on this build? Anything you’d change? Any other tanky D/D builds you’d suggest?

Just a sidenote, since there’s no duel spec, I’d use this build while in Orr as well. Will this work for soloing in Orr?

Aiden Frost
Check out my S/D Ele tPvP guide: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Made a SPvP dodge/condition/cantrip build that relies on fire and earth attunements for damage. Equip all runes of the adventure and carrion amulet. With the rune set, you will gain full endurance each time you use a heal skill, which is every 19 secs, plus you gain vigor and regen when casting cantrips. 19k+ health and really good condition damage which can be removed, but won’t be affected by opponents toughness. Use Lightning Flash to get your Churning Earth off safely. I have on several occasions been able to down opponents that wasn’t quick enough to remove the conditions, or that was being CC’ed with that spell alone. The damage lies around 15k when it gets to tick off.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3232i023gllkgm2kitten0uk00g0g0v0v1414e7e7eieieqeqljlj

(edited by Malcastus.6240)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wunderhaus.4385

Wunderhaus.4385

Re-posting this from a post I made the other day:

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.7.0.0.0.16.0.0.0.2.16.9.12.24.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.35.40.39.48.53.57.62.0.0.0.0.30.30.10

This is a support build I’ve been messing with. It allows me to do some decent condition damage and control with the earth staff abilities as well as giving any needed protection or projectile reflection to a group with Magnetic Aura and the Powerful Aura trait.

The build also allows some other useful tools as well such as: switching to water for a quick burst of group regeneration, using Mist Form to cause damage and chill to enemy groups all the while gaining regeneration and vigor, and using an earth elemental for a sturdy distraction.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Signets/Auras build:

This is my signets aura’s build (adapted from someone elses build on gw2guru I think):
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vl34;2B2VY0A57N-Z0;9;4J9T-948-0;041B;14;0U;5sV2DsV2D8cd

Yours is more oriented to support. Shard of ice would be nice but I can get vulnerability in other ways and with my build the uptime on protection, fury and swiftness is high especially with dual daggers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: SharedProphet.9324

SharedProphet.9324

Signets/Auras build:

This is my signets aura’s build (adapted from someone elses build on gw2guru I think):
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vl34;2B2VY0A57N-Z0;9;4J9T-948-0;041B;14;0U;5sV2DsV2D8cd

Yours is more oriented to support. Shard of ice would be nice but I can get vulnerability in other ways and with my build the uptime on protection, fury and swiftness is high especially with dual daggers.

Maybe so. Mine was water mostly to take advantage of putting the auras on allies.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolgaris.4386

Dolgaris.4386

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.2.0.13.0.13.0.27.0.3.9.8.10.24.6.3.0.0.0.0.20.0.0.32.33.42.48.54.56.0.0.0.0.10.30.30.0

Purpose: To provide tanky healing support and node defense.

The armor is equipped with a full set of Dwayna runes to boost healing capabilities while toughness is used to mitigate damage. You possibly have up to 5 healing abilities, Regeneration boons, and passive regen from Signet of Restoration and Soothing Mist. You have up to 4 condition removal abilities from Water #5 skill and your cantrips. Earth #2 skill provides extra toughness to mitigate even more damage while you can apply your conditions to your opponent via bleeds. Fire allows you to give Area Might with Fire #4 combo’d with Fire #3 and either Earth #4 or #5.

If you folks happen to try this build out, tell me what you think. It’s been my personal favorite so far.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: CASLion.2301

CASLion.2301

This is my S/D PvP build. It focuses on condition and toughness and you win fights by attrition. The link has more details.

It works well for me in tPvP and sPvP.

[URL=http://en.gw2codex.com/build/19639]
[IMG]http://en.gw2codex.com/build/19639/sign[/IMG][/URL]

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/19238-balanced-staff

I haven’t really done PvP or dungeons or anything yet so I don’t know how it works there, but I’ve found it to be very effective in general PvE.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Hydrospike

Best D/D Spvp Build! (well atleast most fun)

copy and paste link into new tab if it doesn’t work
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEIQJAoYhMmmbxR5gjEAEFn4yoQIiCPUeMDO2A;ToAgzCvo2xsjYH7Oudk7MEZSA

Short Vid:
http://youtu.be/PgH3vZCa5Ss

EDIT: So there has already been a very similar build posted here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Tank-or-glass-still-only-1-viable-elementalist-build/first#post359909
I did not see that before I posted, don’t want people to think I’m stealing credit, though my build is still somewhat unique to those.

EDIT 2: Updated the link to my more updated build, heal is optional, I find both signet and glyph excel in different types of fights, choose which fits your playstyle best.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

(edited by Rhoto.8791)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

Glass Cannon Extravaganca

Offensively it is built to take down an opponent with a combo and remain basically untouched, if RTL doesn’t bug.

There are two main ways to get a good start.

1st combo: Churning Earth (delivered with Lightning Flash), Earthquake, (switch to air+electric discharge), Ride The Lightning, Updraft, (switch to fire), Burning Speed, Arcane Wave + Arcane Blast and finally Fire Grab. That should make your opponent want to focus on fleeing or playing defensively, if not being dead already. Can be a bit tricky to pull off.

2nd combo: As above, but without the earth approach in the beginning basically. Still does much damage, and can be easier to manage if attunements are on a CD or you are being targetted.

The defensive part of this build leaves much to be desired, but there are ways you can tweak it slightly.

As it is, you can use dagger/dagger or scepter/dagger and get high spike damage and gain high damage from all attunements. You need a slightly different combo approach with scepter, but you can easily dish out high damage with it as well. The dagger dagger version is slightly more tricky to play, as you need to get up close and personal, but nice and challenging. The build is for high damage in all attunements. Use runes of the scholar and berserker amulet and jewel.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

WvW/PvE Scepter/Dagger survivalist:

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.2.0.13.0.34.0.31.0.2.8.10.9.24.8.9.42.4.7.0.0.0.0.33.37.0.48.0.0.65.0.0.20.0.25.15.10

That’s the build I use, basically. It’s not totally exact on stats because it’s a PvP build simulator and I have a mix of PvE gear, but it’s pretty close. I use a combo of the karma armors from orr with power/tough/vit, and some crafted exotic carrion armor with carrion trinkets.

The runes just got reduced from 100% endurance regen to 50% (gee…..thanks…..) but it’s still viable. I can get and keep a ton of might and endurance with this build.

In WvW I act like a melee warrior, charging headfirst into battle stacked with might and throw down my heavy aoes. When armor of earth from the trait activates, I pop into air attunement for the swiftness and hit updraft>mist form to get back to my team, as soon as mist wears off ride the lightning (gotta have no target selected) to get even deeper behind friendly lines (dragging anyone dumb enough to follow to their own deaths). Many other professions might be able to pull this off easier/better due to inherently higher survivability, however, I just have fun pushing limits. I can also swap a couple utilities and pull out a staff should the situation require it, but I can do a lot to support with S/D as well (blasting other people’s healing fields while dealing damage and stacking allies with might, etc).

In PvE I basically do the same thing, and can solo 5+ mobs at once pretty easily (except the ones in orr that spam immobilize/knockdown/confusion, those I can only take 2-3 at once without danger), most veterans are pretty easy and even some champions I’ve managed to solo. I could do a lot more if it wasn’t for the insanely short leashing distance, makes kiting not really a valid playstyle.

My personal opinion of the state of balance with elementalist (after play one since BWE1) is that it is almost there. However, it really could use work on the downed state and underwater combat. Simply increasing the damage or attack rate on the #1 skills underwater would be plenty, the rest of the skills are fine, we just can’t actually kill anything in a reasonable time. The downed #2 needs replacing entirely, that is all. Other than that, a slight increase to either base health (bump to next tier, same as mesmer) OR damage output would make many more builds viable. As it stands, something similar to the build I run now is all I could see really working.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Not ingame, nor want to risk going to a talent site builder. Just give brief overview of my current Staff based WvWvW/PvE build.

20 Fire: 10% dmg since fire is my main dps stance and then 20% cast reduction

10 Lightning: the one that gives you up to 25% swiftness…invaluable must have for me since running away or getting somewhere fast is needed for how I play.

10 Earth: earth sheild at 50% life. I like to live a bit longer…heh.

10 Water: I swap between remove dot and 20% cd reduction as needed.

20 Arcane: boons to you and others on ele swap/increase staff radius. Note: swap staff radius increase to 25% shield if using D/D or S/D.

As to 2nd bar skills…

Arcane Shield: more protection and it does AoE boom when it breaks. Also handy for blast combos.

Sigil of Water: auto remove dot every 10 secs because dots suck plus the slow on use is also nice. I will swap this for the other dot remove skill if needed but usually stick to this most the time b/c I am lazy. /wink

Teleport: I can’t live without teleport; it don’t matter what build I will try but tele stays on my bar forever! Ok, maybe it’s not that great but I love this ability way to much since it is super good for advancing, retreating, and breaking stuns.

Elite Skill: Tornado all the way. Drop into earth, hit shield, then stage dive into a zerg. Most time I get owned, but some times…some times this ploy can really mess large enemy groups up really good.

Gears: Jewlery and 4 pieces of armor is power/prec/toughness. Chest/hat is Power/vit/toughness. Upgrades on these are all power/prec/toughness gems since none of the 6 piece set runes seem attractive to me over stacking these particular stats. Still trying to decide on that so sticking with this setup for the time being since it’s also cheaper in cost.

Weapons: main staff is power/prec/toughness with Sup Sigil of Energy. Second staff is Power/prec/crit with 10 power per kill. Third staff is power/toughness/+heal with chance to heal others. Also carry 2x daggers (sigils: energy/vunerability) and a scepter (sigil: energy) for situational small scale fights not suited for staff. Plus you can switch between staff and dagger to have a lot of movement speed increase abilities when you are not in combat. But usually I am wielding a staff most of the time…

Play style; Basically, all I do is drop lots and lots of AoE on zergs, run away, then go back in to lay more. I cycle elements a ton and my cast rotation is usually mixed depending on the scenario. One major down side is I rely on others to combo, but I can still do it personally if I am quick enough at the keys.

Simple! Maybe…

Anyways I think I do ok DPS generally, escape some pretty insane situations, with so-so…not die in 2 seconds survivability, and I can provide some support for my fellow zerglings. Really nothing too complicated nor revolutionary, I am sure. Debatable if this is the most effective way to play but I have fun. I guess.

note: I would go heavier into arcane or water but I really don’t want to drop 200 power and 20% cast reduction for fire since Meteor and the #2 staff skill are my bread n butter dmg spells; faster they are off CD the better. Might tinker a bit more, we shall see.

I will admit, 1v1 I really don’t do so hot but in large scale battles I can do some decent amounts of dmg at times. Biggest problem is that everyone, and I mean everyone avoids AoE spots like the plague which is not good, however; one must consider that area denial goes a long way in massive zerg v zerg fun.

Anyways, just my current build. Prolly try a more tankier build later, kinda poor so I can’t quite manage another set of gear yet.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

The build I’ve been using in 8v8, and with a tweak here and there, in 5v5 is basically a standard Aura/Boon/Power D/D.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/d-d-spvp-d-d-elementalist-spvp-tpvp-7678.html

You can very easily stack up Might (and a lot of AoE Might) with Fire 4, and Evasive Arcana. You have a ton of Fury uptime, and around 80% Prot up time while using the Glyph in Earth Attunement, and the Elemental Attunement Trait. Not to mention the AoE regen and condition removal for your team. You also have perma swiftness by cycling Air Attunement, Shocking Aura, and Frost Aura. With RTL you can traverse the map pretty quickly.

In 8v8 I run Signet of Earth for landing Fire Grabs. I can crit 3-6k on non-tanks consistently thanks to the immobilize. Churning Earth does around the same, plus the bleed damage. Glass cannons go down pretty quickly with an RTL > Updraft > Burning Speed > Ring of Fire > SoE > Fire Grab. Usually I don’t even need the Fire Grab.

In 5v5, swapping SoE for Mist Form can be beneficial for getting stomps. Or Armor of Earth for stability. Totally optional in 5v5.

The ammy jewel and last 2 runes are also options. I think the secondary bonuses on runes are far more beneficial than the slight stat increases. I like the Might duration or Protection duration runes here. Berzerker’s, Knight’s, Soldier’s, Valk’s, or Cleric’s jewels are all options depending on what you want.

The build excels in group fights as opposed to 1v1s, but the only 1v1s I lose consistently are Mesmers, Guardians, and Backstab Thieves (if I miss the dodge on Steal > C&D). With the AoE Might, Regen, condition removal, and damage you really play a significant role in a teamfight. The whole idea is to wait until it starts, then jump in with a Churning Earth > Lightning Flash combo and start stacking your boons, picking a target to burst down, or whatever. Get out with RTL when you start getting focused.

It seems squishy, but the high prot uptime, healing power, multiple healing skills, and practically constant regen with a rapid attunment swapping playstyle you tend to have quite a bit of staying power, and enough tools to escape a 100B Warr, or a PW Thief.

I think it’s a common/standard build, and I haven’t been through the entire thread, but thought I’d post it anyway.

(edited by Animosity.5231)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

Cryomancer (SPvP – D/F damage/control/glyph/arcane)

So, basically I started to fiddle with a build that specialized in water spells, as I was fascinated by the daggers offensive potential with a focus (I wanted to rid myself of the frustration that is RTL, as it fails 7/10 times at least). The damage that CoC has is neat (not to mention healing your team mates), plus you are healing 88 HP per second in water, while having lot of control.

First I wanted to go with one arcane spell and Conjure Frost Bow, to give the build another damage source, since it has enough defensive skills and is slightly lacking in variety with the offensive ones.
I later changed it to the two offensive arcane spells, as it is vital to killing off your opponents and the cooldown is good. Since you have a high crit rate (72% with fury) you will stack vulnerability quickly, ensuring +20% damage while attuned to water, giving your arcane spells that extra boost.

After playing it for two days, I can say I have never enjoyed anything as much as this. Suddenly thieves are much less of a threat (as I have won a majority of 1vs1’s so far, opposed to losing almost every time) and other classes appear much more managable, although bringing down those uber tanks takes forever, if at all possible before someone comes and stabs you in the neck while you are busy.

The trick you might already know, is to control them. Obsidian Flesh is amazing at letting them pounce on you, while you can apply a few dot spells calmly, then shift to water if they vanish again, giving you two chill spells and one daze. If they get to you, use Mist Form and heal, granting you regeneration for a short while. Immediately use one of the chill skills and see if you can damage the thief some more. Fire off both arcane skills before switching to air and using Gale to knock them down for two seconds, applying Lightning Touch (for the much needed weakness condition), Shocking Aura (for your Zephyr’s boost and defense) and hopefully dishing out more damage. From there, you should go with whatever fits the scenario to finish off the thief. Fire usually is a fine choice, as you can apply dots and use Fire Shield to trigger Zephyr’s again.

It also works well against mesmers to my surprise, although I ain’t skilled enough to take down the better ones yet.

I can safely say that the focus really helps a LOT in SPvP. While you may not have that many offensive skills to launch in your opponents faces, the high spike/crit damage and crit percentage, along with two instant arcane spells is enough. Water oddly has the most offensive spells with that build, and as I said before, gaining 88 health per second while occasionally gaining 453 HP (approximately) from one of the sigils now and then (your auto attacks will crit often), makes it easier to stay afloat, as you do not have cleansing wave handy. For the conditions on you, use Magnetic Wave, which has a 25 second CD only. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. For once I can say that I survived two maps in a row without dying.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAodhImIblR5gjEAkCpEKEg4xDV0QRRMzA;ToAg0CnoqxUjoGbNuak1MwYWC
(If it says “bad link”, copy n’ paste it in the browser)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

Here’s my build:
http://bit.ly/TIebIS

And here’s my video explaining it, with a match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnp0DDwFC4k

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

There are far too many staff WvW videos on youtube. You might hit for huge crits over 3k, but that’s not simply because you’re using a staff. It’s because you’re spec’ing into fire, where you don’t do that for mobility builds. In MH/OH builds you favor crit and arcana (for the most part). I see staff users with berserkers gear get absolutely dominated by melee in WvW all the time. Personally I carry every weapon on me, but maintain a S/D roaming setup. I have about 3k kills in WvW and have made about 800 badges (at least). The classes I have problems with are thief, ranger (full crit gear), and warriors (full crit). Everything else is usually a guaranteed win at any range. I do not have full, or even half crafted gear. I use green cloak and accessories. I change my spec very seldomly, but every spec always has Air, Water, and Arcana in it. I cannot link it right now or my gear, and I’ve never recorded myself playing. I’m still trying to perfect my gear, as right now I’m using 6 Superiors runes of Balthazar, with Ruby Orbs in everything else. Don’t knock the orbs, because you get power, crit chance, and crit damage with them, and they are cheap to buy/obtain.

I’m here because I still want to improve on my survivability. Right now in current 30 arcana spec I’m floating around 13.8k hp, which is really low for WvW. I had around 17k+ before I started making a transition from the WvW/Karma gear into Knight’s Exalted (not Berserkers). I have 45% base crit chance with about 63 crit damage.

If anyone else is thoroughly enjoying S/D in WvW, I ask you to post your build, and a video if you have one that’s recent (less than 1 month old).

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: SeTHBeaRz.3456

SeTHBeaRz.3456

Balanced Build (Effective with every weapon type)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhImkbnx5gjDABFEww4RIeQSRBO7A;TYAqoMRJ+xGlLKZUA

This build I came up with because of the fact I like to play around with different weapons, but it seems most build only compliments 1 weapon type.

First of all, I’m using crafted lv 80 Exotic Rampager gear with crafted lv 80 Exotic Beryl accessories for added health without compromising too much on damage.

For your weapon choices, it is advised to change the traits options accordingly:

Staff:
Earth Magic Traits 3rd Tier Major Traits to be swapped to VII

Scepter:
Healing Spell to be swapped to Signet of Restoration
Arcane Power Traits 2nd Tier Major Traits to be swapped to VII or V

Dagger (Main Hand):
Healing Spell to be swapped to Signet of Restoration
Arcane Power Traits 2nd Tier Major Traits to be swapped to XI(if fixed, currently not working) or V

This build mainly focuses on condition damage skills for effects of Burn and Bleed.
This build allows players to enjoy all the weapon types without sacrificing damage from changing to different weapon types, minor tweaks of the Major Traits would be necessary but it will not force players to retrait in order to fully enjoy different weapon types.

Enjoy XD

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: SeTHBeaRz.3456

SeTHBeaRz.3456

@Katniss
Here’s a pro Ele rolling WvW with S/D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r15NcmZoF_M
build’s on the description

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: potemkin.4239

potemkin.4239

Dungeon Support Build

http://tinyurl.com/c6k95kd

Concept

Give yourself and nearby teammates Protection (3 seconds) and a Fire Shield (3 seconds) each time you apply an Aura. You apply this each time you activate a Signet.

Staff allows you to lay down a bunch of combo fields for your allies, along with having access to Magnetic Aura. If you want to focus more on Auras, use Dagger / Dagger for Shocking Aura and Frost Aura.

On the offense, you apply 3 stacks of Vulnerability each time you use a Signet. You can also apply 5 stacks of Vulnerability with Ice Spike, which is traited down to 3.25 second recharge so you can weave them in between Signet casts. Each Signet applies their own condition as well. You should wait 3 seconds between Signet uses to keep up Fire Shield, since it doesn’t stack duration. Keep close to your allies so that they can benefit from your Aura sharing.

Stats should focus on Power, Vitality, and Condition Damage. Having constant Protection should compensate for the lack of Toughness in your equipment. Having a teammate that also gives Protection will help extend the duration. Farm Sorrow’s Embrace explorable mode to get the Superior Runes of the Forge, or substitute it for something else.

This build doesn’t focus on Condition Removal, so another teammate will have to pick up the slack. Air Attunement isn’t used much. This build focuses on Condition Damage and surviving. Doesn’t use Precision for much of anything, so elected not to trait for Zephyr’s Boon.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Here’s my open world PvE/WvW build. I just retraited a day ago and so far I’m loving it. It’s a support/dps Staff/Cantrip build, with the main focus being on providing various forms of support while making sure I can provide a decent amount of dps output (and much of that is done via boons that my group also receives, so it’s a win-win!).

My armor set is Exotic crafted Carrion set with 5 Toughness runes and a Healing rune (the 6 set piece for the Toughness rune was meh), Accessories are a mix of Cleric and Tough/Power/Vit stuff although they’re all greens so we’ll see what I end up with once I can get some exotics. Staff is Exotic Cleric crafted with Major Sigil of Battle (running out of money but it’s good enough until I can replace it). But my stat focus is Toughness>Vitality>Power/Healing Power. I want to survive but not have totally kitten damage.

Edit: It would help if I put in the link. Here it is. You can replace Arcane Wave with Armor of Earth if you want for more survivability and another Cantrip to benefit from all the Cantrip traits. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQFAWhImKbyx5gjDAkHmcCLhCKUeMzO2A

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Post-Your-Build-Thread/page/1” to load the first page. The #1 tab is missing from bottom, and back to top takes you nowhere.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Post-Your-Build-Thread/page/1” to load the first page. The #1 tab is missing from bottom, and back to top takes you nowhere.

Thanks Katniss. I actually had to write a few junk replies just to get your response to show up but I’ve since deleted them. For some reason adding more posts fixes the issue but no one else is posting. Every time I load the thread it tries to load a second page but no second page exists (I think people may have deleted their posts or something?). Either way it’s massively bugged. I’ll have to remember that shortcut/workaround for other such bugged posts. Danke!

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minmaxer.1563

Minmaxer.1563

I have had several people ask for my build recently so I figured I’d post it for everyone.
I have used this exclusively in hot join pvp (I don’t have a tourney team)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhImgbyx5gjDAkHmcCLiCPUeMDO2A;TsAA2CooqxUjoGbNuak1ME5UwECA
This spec has several ways to create boons and remove conditions, high HP, and good damage.

The biggest combo is probably Ring of Fire—>Magnetic Grasp—>Churning Earth(Lightning Flash)

This gives Fire Aura (Fury + Swiftness)
Earth Attunement (Protection)
Signet of Battle Proc (Might * 3)
Soothing Disruption (Regeneration and Vigor)

Which is 12% more damage from boons and 20% increased critical chance on your churning earth. My biggest hit so far is 7.6k.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

The fact that every single pvp build has 30 into water , 20+ into arcane and nothing into our actual “damage” traitlines actually shows all that is wrong with ele at the moment.