Rework to Diamond Skin

Rework to Diamond Skin

in Elementalist

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

My suggestion is to keep the current mechanics, but expand it to the following:

The duration of conditions applied to you is reduced according to your health threshold.
Above 90%: -100%
Below 90%: -70%
Below 50%: -30%

Rework to Diamond Skin

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

As a GM trait it should give something else for under 90% health. Like a flat 30% condi duration reduction.

Combined to geomancer, it would be kinda OP

I’ll repeat myself, but i still think that resistance on aura is really something balanced and not random
(very underwhelming for staff tho :/ )

EDIT:
Havent seen provost’s post
Same response as above, combine to geomancer (and food for wvw) its OP

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

Rework to Diamond Skin

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Vit is taking a hit for eles in HoT patch.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Rework to Diamond Skin

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Diamond Skin (DS) is not just good 90% of the time. DS allows the Elementalist to;
1. Have a clear initiation: No blind, no Nightmare runes.
2. DS wrecks most classes and specs initiations. For instance, a Medi-Guard may not begin the fight with an immobilize on scepter, nor may he apply a burning or blind on Judge’s Intervention.
3. DS allows to mitigate the a lot of condition damage from hybrid classes.
4. DS allows to completely counter full condi-specs, which allows the build to run a minimal amount of condi-clean.

This^

The thing is, DS is a GM trait on a defense line. But its main use is as a starter burst safeguard. (a bit like the new thief trait that grant resistance if you get the first strike on combat)
In its current state it should not be a GM.
As a GM trait it should give something else for under 90% health. Like a flat 30% condi duration reduction.

If Diamond Skin becomes anything else than a Grandmaster competing against Signets and Stone Heart, it would become incredibly overpowered. Just imagine an Elementalist immune to condition that can also be immune to crit.

But it seems like people usually view DS as weak; perhaps adding an extra effect would help. A passive increased Boon Duration? After all, it stays thematic.

Alerie Despins

Rework to Diamond Skin

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

30sec cd is stupid.
You have to switch to earth for your rotation meaning you’ll never use this 5sec efficiently unless you keep yourself out of earth …
Its almost as random as X% chance when stuck

Yeah you’re right stupid idea, then I’d say this:
“Diamond skin= reduce inc conditions by 25% as long as you are above 50% HP”

It’s too weak and no longer supports the niche of build using it. You are certainly aware of the difference between “not getting immobilized or feared” and “getting immobilized or feared for less than a second”. One means big trouble for a squishy class; it can even means the difference between a successful cast and an interrupt.

I must add however that what we know now of the Elementalist may not apply to the HoT Elementalist. Right now, Earth forces you to have Condition Damage, which some build do not like; therefore, do not go too far in Earth. Should a wider variety of Elementalist have free access to Earth Line without notable trades-off, it might go wrong.

Alerie Despins

Rework to Diamond Skin

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Whatever happens it has to have one hundred percent immunity of some sort or it defeats the purpose of the trait.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.