SOTG (needed a longer title)

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The Elementalist for me has become incredibly boring both in PvE and PvP because of how overly forgiving and easy it is. You can make countless mistakes and still faceroll everything once you understand your rotation.

So you are saying the Elementalist is more forgiving than any other profession in Arah and 30+ Fotm, you can faceroll there with your D/D bunker build and make everything easy. Really?

Yes and no. I use S/D in PvE.

Then you haven’t played a Guardian or even a Mesmer in Fotm. A lot more forgiving than the Ele in any way or form.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I dislike all the philosophical (non)aguments / fallacies. But let me give it a try.

As I view a jack of all trades as someone OK at everything, not amazing at anything, rather than amazing at some things, not too bad at others.

Tell me, who would play a class that is good at nothing and mediocre at everything? Where’s the fun in such a class for a game?

By definition, if a player is to have fun, he/she needs to find a way to be best at at least one thing – in order to get some satisfaction for all time put into mastering the game play.

Someone who wants to bring a balance of everything to the table?

I can bring CC, DPS, Healing/Sustain, and Survivability of self all in a moderate degree to my party. If it turns out we lack any of those, I’m there to back them up and hold the foundation. Being the guy who can bring everything even if its not as good as others has its place too, its about how you use it and the team you’re with, as it is with any class.

Plus, Ele’s are still the kings of combo fields. Those fields will proc a lot with a good team.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

The Elementalist for me has become incredibly boring both in PvE and PvP because of how overly forgiving and easy it is. You can make countless mistakes and still faceroll everything once you understand your rotation.

So you are saying the Elementalist is more forgiving than any other profession in Arah and 30+ Fotm, you can faceroll there with your D/D bunker build and make everything easy. Really?

Then you haven’t played a Guardian or even a Mesmer in Fotm. A lot more forgiving than the Ele in any way or form.

I play fotm exclusively on Guardian and Ele. Your inability to play the class well does not make it weak.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Delius.1968

Delius.1968

I can bring CC, DPS, Healing/Sustain, and Survivability of self all in a moderate degree to my party.

And why would any party pick you when you can be replaced with a class that is best in whatever is needed (cc/dps/etc)? Why would you play yourself a class that can be replaced with something better at all times?

Sorry, but the mediocre in everything doesn’t have any place in a game where people are constantly optimizing and maxing every effect.

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

Because I can do them all? You only have 5 party slots you know. If they bring 2 Dps, 2 support, I can provide the rest. That’s how you do it (playing to Ele’s strengths I mean). Many parties work that way and they will continue to do so after this patch.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Delius.1968

Because I can do them all? You only have 5 party slots you know. If they bring 2 Dps, 2 support, I can provide the rest. That’s how you do it (playing to Ele’s strengths I mean). Many parties work that way and they will continue to do so after this patch.

I mean no offence but I think you’re delusional. And you have to understand that there are those of us playing an ele that don’t want to be filling the role: “and for the last spot… not sure what to get, let’s grab whatever… oh look a desperate lonely ele, it will do.”

I want to play a role, as any other class. And I don’t want that role to be “random filling”.

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

I mean no offence but I think you’re delusional. And you have to understand that there are those of us playing an ele that don’t want to be filling the role: “and for the last spot… not sure what to get, let’s grab whatever… oh look a desperate lonely ele, it will do.”

I want to play a role, as any other class. And I don’t want that role to be “random filling”.

Well, touche, no offense but you’re delusional.

Many teams do this, and it usually works pretty well. If its not your style its not your style, but essentially, from what I can gather from their Class Philosophy, this is the sort of role they want ele to take, and you will probably see it enforced more and more. Whether you or I or he or she likes it or not. But who knows?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Dog.1472

The min max argument is only true for people that want to do something like CoF speed runs, and there are only two classes as it is that fill this role.

The ability to do everything is definitely valuable. I am happy when I see Eles (as long as they aren’t using a staff, which I’ll admit sucks) because I know I have someone here that will be able to sustain themself, support me and still do enough damage so as not to hold everyone down.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.

in Elementalist

Delius.1968

Many teams do this, and it usually works pretty well.

No they don’t. If that is the case, there shouldn’t be a need to nerf the ele, right? They are nerfing eles for precisely the role they currently fill. And if you read above you’ll see that that is exactly what everyone is complaining about.

They are nerfing the “only role” available to eles and people don’t want to play anymore because that role was the reason they started playing ele and no other role is made available – not the promise of being “mediocre at everything”. That didn’t attract anyone into playing this class (except perhaps you).

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Don’t forget they can still bunker. Everyone complains about the bunker being too strong, which is true, but they go ahead and nerf all the non-bunker builds.

They’re doing the same to mesmers and engineers as well. Its kittened up and we don’t get a good direct transparent response as to why.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

Many teams do this, and it usually works pretty well.

No they don’t. If that is the case, there shouldn’t be a need to nerf the ele, right? They are nerfing eles for precisely the role they currently fill. And if you read above you’ll see that that is exactly what everyone is complaining about.

They are nerfing the “only role” available to eles and people don’t want to play anymore because that role was the reason they started playing ele and no other role is made available – not the promise of being “mediocre at everything”. That didn’t attract anyone into playing this class (except perhaps you).

Yes they do. I can think of 3 regular dungeon teams that do this off the top of my head. people are complaining because Ele’s are no longer great at everything with one spec. It happens. The only rolr argument is a problem for min/maxers and the pve mechanics rather than the class.

Yes I found the idea of being able to do it all unlike other classes just not to its extremes appealing as I had something for every situation to counter.

Don’t judgr your playstyle as everyone elses.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Delius.1968

That’s why I started this conversation with you. I am not the one telling other people they should still be enjoying their uselessness and accept their mediocrity as fun. You were. I actually haven’t said anything on this forum until I saw your restlessness into telling others how they’re wrong and they should have fun despite their expectations of the class they’re already playing.

So take your own advise and perhaps show some understanding of why the majority of posters in this thread express another feeling than contempt with “mediocrity game play” style.

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

That’s why I started this conversation with you. I am not the one telling other people they should still be enjoying their uselessness and accept their mediocrity as fun. You were. I actually haven’t said anything on this forum until I saw your restlessness into telling others how they’re wrong and they should have fun despite their expectations of the class they’re already playing.

So take your own advise and perhaps show some understanding of why the majority of posters in this thread express another feeling than contempt with “mediocrity game play” style.

Actually just because you don’t play a certain way in teams or appreciate a certain style, you assumed and generalized others didn’t either. You’re more a culprit then I.

I refuse to whine and cry on the forums about a class I play sinply because Anet brought then to a level playing field with other classes. If you all wanna do that, by all means, be g guest.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Lets cut the BS on PvE. Ele is middle of the road if I have team ele isn’t a priority and it not block listed but the best runs are Guardian and Warrior. There are a couple of instances people really want ele and honestly neither are affected by anything of what we know is in the patch. Some runs benefit greatly from icebow and some DPS squads can be greatly increased by Hammer.

That is really all there is. There is not much to debate from the PvE perspective and nothing is really getting drastically changed in PvE. Warrior is still the smartest option for a fill 9 out of 10 times. there is no need to carry support in most cases outside FOTM and still guardian warrior are the smartest bets.

Don’t take the post the wrong way. You may be the best ele out there. Dungeon master and all. Doesn’t change the fact for PvE Guardian and Warrior are your best options.

Edit:

Ele does have a role it excels at and it is general support in a game that doesn’t really need support. So there you have it. /shrug

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

I’d argue Guardian was the smartest option.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I play fotm exclusively on Guardian and Ele. Your inability to play the class well does not make it weak.

You are just terrible at playing a Guardian then, if you even compare Ele to Guard in fotm.

in Elementalist

Delius.1968

I refuse to whine and cry on the forums about a class I play…

People want a role for their ele other than “no particular role”. I’ve never cried about their nerfs. Quote me and prove me wrong if you’d like. I just mentioned I understand why the others are as I, like them, will be missing some essential things from my class arsenal, which were the reason I picked this class to begin with or had fun with it so far.

To pretend that these changes are just to make the class “as intended” – it’s just outright offensive to many of us here that have been “abusing” this class so far instead of using it as “was meant”. I don’t like this elitism.

in Elementalist

Dog.1472

Don’t take the post the wrong way. You may be the best ele out there. Dungeon master and all. Doesn’t change the fact for PvE Guardian and Warrior are your best options.

Edit:

Ele does have a role it excels at and it is general support in a game that doesn’t really need support. So there you have it. /shrug

Not at all. With the Ele, you have the obvious swirling winds which allows the Ele to make certain things trivially easy, you have party condition removal, you have aoe heals, you have fire fields at your disposal to grant many stacks of might across the party increasing DPS, you have the only lightning fields in the game allowing you to stack vulnerability, you have party wide defensive boons such as protection, regen, fury, blindness and swiftness, decent CC, and you have high structure damage. On top of that, the Ele has the ability to give other classes the ability to achieve what they can’t do on their own with conjured weapons (which are not all bad in PvE) especially including the combo finishers associated with some of them.

An Ele is prepared for everything while other classes are not. Eles allow teams to achieve many things that a party of all war and guard simply cannot do. The Ele excels at being able to do everything. It is a unique role that the Ele was intended to fill and it is very useful. No, it isn’t going to be as fast as that party of all Warriors, but your chances of success with an Ele will be better when you are ready for anything.

I think this is getting off topic though. Plain and simple, the whole point from the beginning is that Eles are one of the best at self sustain because of their combined healing and mobility. It isn’t about whether or not Eles can offer as much DPS or group support, it’s that Eles rival the best classes in the roles for what they were nerfed in. A cantrip Ele has so much break stun and condition removal that surviving with one in even the most difficult dungeons is not difficult to do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimstar.6931

Grimstar.6931

“If we can’t live together, we’re gonna die alone.”

-Jack

Sanctum of Rall | Level 80 Human Thief, Necromancer, Warrior, & Ranger

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Plus, Ele’s are still the kings of combo fields. Those fields will proc a lot with a good team.

The almighty staff elementalist.

This patch will essentially remove s/d arcane roamer because now you’re forced to take lightning flash for maps like khylo and when you have 2 cantrips you ought to trait them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Edit:

Not at all. With the Ele, you have the obvious swirling winds which allows the Ele to make certain things trivially easy, you have party condition removal, you have aoe heals, you have fire fields at your disposal to grant many stacks of might across the party increasing DPS, you have the only lightning fields in the game allowing you to stack vulnerability, you have party wide defensive boons such as protection, regen, fury, blindness and swiftness, decent CC, and you have high structure damage. On top of that, the Ele has the ability to give other classes the ability to achieve what they can’t do on their own with conjured weapons (which are not all bad in PvE) especially including the combo finishers associated with some of them.

An Ele is prepared for everything while other classes are not. Eles allow teams to achieve many things that a party of all war and guard simply cannot do. The Ele excels at being able to do everything. It is a unique role that the Ele was intended to fill and it is very useful. No, it isn’t going to be as fast as that party of all Warriors, but your chances of success with an Ele will be better when you are ready for anything.

I think this is getting off topic though. Plain and simple, the whole point from the beginning is that Eles are one of the best at self sustain because of their combined healing and mobility. It isn’t about whether or not Eles can offer as much DPS or group support, it’s that Eles rival the best classes in the roles for what they were nerfed in. A cantrip Ele has so much break stun and condition removal that surviving with one in even the most difficult dungeons is not difficult to do.

I am not going to argue with you. If you selectively read my post, and quote what you would like to argue over; while skipping the rest there is no point in discussion is there now? So, whatever.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

Edit:

1+, Quoted for saying it better than I ever could.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Wow, the class that is the strongest in the game, and has been the strongest for 5 months in a row and DOMINATES most of the top positions on the leaderboards, is getting a nerf.

What a surprise, shock and awe.

What are you talking about? Guardian isn’t getting any nerfs.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

^Guardian doesn’t dominate the top position in the leader boards as far as I know. Correct me if I’m wrong. Ele does.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Edit:

Balance for a class should not depend on how many others it requires to reach effectiveness. Then you’re not balancing the class, you’re balancing a party. When you approach balance this way, you can’t help but nerf because the assumption is that an Ele is a force multiplier that will make group content trivial and easy.

Well what happens when the Ele player is soloing? Or roaming? or any number of scenarios where the force multiplication doesn’t come into effect?

This isn’t D&D where a wizard can sit behind a shield wall and decimate the enemies with fireballs. The Ele has to contend with front line mechanics, just like a Warrior with its higher armor, or Guardian with blocks and reflects, Thief with stealth, Ranger with pets, etc. Its survival is based on a linchpin of condition removal, mobility, healing and escapes. When you pull out that pin, the class falls apart. Bottom line is, balance the class, not what it can do when you stick it with four or more other players.

[edit] Wihtout tooting my own horn, I raise a good point. How do you think other professions’ players would react to the following nerfs:

Thieves no longer have access to stealth
Guardians no longer have blocking
Rangers no longer have pets
Necromancers no longer have access to Death Shroud
Warrior damage nerfed 50%
Engineers no longer have the Tool Kit and cooldown on Shield skills doubled
Mesmers no longer have access to clones

These kinds of changes would cripple the other professions immeasurably, yet Ele players, who depend on the linchpin I mentioned above, are told to accept the exact same type of nerfs with good humor, adjust to it, and be satisfied with the new mediocrity. That’s balance?

(edited by Kaleban.9834)

in Elementalist

Kaleban.9834

^Guardian doesn’t dominate the top position in the leader boards as far as I know. Correct me if I’m wrong. Ele does.

This could also be because more people are playing Ele than Guardian. Statistically the leaderboards could be skewed due to player/profession distribution. Using it as factual proof without citation leads to incorrect assumption and conclusions.

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

@Kaleban

That is true but, why are all the most meta people playing Elementalist? PvP is a different place altogether. I know hardcore pvp players and they play literally almost everything. They will play what is the best at what time to secure a win, generally that’s the attitude. It just so happened that the Cantrip Ele was superior to every other build in Spvp so most people use it, as displayed by leader boards.

Post patch I’d like to see another analysis of the boards to see the change in class popularity if their is any.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Kaleban.9834

@Kaleban

That is true but, why are all the most meta people playing Elementalist? PvP is a different place altogether. I know hardcore pvp players and they play literally almost everything. They will play what is the best at what time to secure a win, generally that’s the attitude. It just so happened that the Cantrip Ele was superior to every other build in Spvp so most people use it, as displayed by leader boards.

Post patch I’d like to see another analysis of the boards to see the change in class popularity if their is any.

But ask yourself why they played Ele? Was it because the Ele as a class is overpowered, or is it because the bunker build for the Ele is very efficient at holding points, just like any other profession designed to soak or deflect damage and turtle?

As I’ve tried to point out, PvP objectives and gameplay are vastly different to PvE and WvWvW, yet ANet and the whiners are calling for nerfs to the Ele’s overall performance in EVERY area. This is not balance.

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

@Kaleban

I couldn’t agree more that you shouldn’t balance a class for all the game modes the same. I just feel differently in that I feel the WvW nerf and Spvp was warranted. No way in shape or form is the pure PvE one warranted or even fair. That’s why I’m so happy Anet has learned they should split skills and have said they will be doing that a lot in the near future. The same thing happened in GW1.

That’s what the problem is. Why did people play Ele D/D and not bunker guardian to bunker points? Because D/D ele is just as good (If not arguably better but, I don’t believe so honestly.), and has mobility, and has more damage (Guardian bunkers have pitiful damage… Like seriously pitiful.) and has more combo fields, so if someone is being pestered on a cap point, an ally could arrive and use the fields to their advantage far more than just a guardian light field, where retaliation if minimal (spvp). That’s why people agreed they were overpowered in Spvp.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

in Elementalist

Caffynated.5713

The boards are obviously volatile, but the last time I checked the top 10 had 5 guards, 2 eles, 2 necros and a thief.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

Then my apologies. But I often do see Ele’s streaming into the top of the leaderboard in NA time to time, in absurd numbers, probably due to it being volatile liek yo usaid.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Engis will keep one of their tears for you Eles.

no tears from me, I am all smile

Neither tears from me either and I play an Elementalist

You do?

anyone still playing warrior??

Yes I only play warrior

Caffynated.5713 if you’re going to quote me then quote my whole reason please.

just curious lol only see Anastasis, Longbow Hero, and Kpop around now.

anyone still playing warrior??

Yes I only play warrior because I get bored with my other alts most of the time. I do not play the glass cannon type and I am also not a high tier Tpvp warrior either not that I do not see many warriors in general particpating playing Tpvp which is a rare sight.

That is my reason I do not play my elementalist because I get bored regardless of my weapon setup.

Pineapples

in Elementalist

Caffynated.5713

“Neither tears from me either and I play an Elementalist”

“I do not play my elementalist”

in Elementalist

Posted by: FenGuild.1097

FenGuild.1097

The person says they don’t play it often so why are you going to troll about it more? That’s silly unless you’re…..nevermind carry on lols.

in Elementalist

Caffynated.5713

The person says they don’t play it often so why are you going to troll about it more? That’s silly unless you’re…..nevermind carry on lols.

I don’t see what is so confusing.

He says he’s not upset about the ele changes and he plays an ele. Then he repeatedly says he doesn’t play an ele because it’s boring.

Well, of course you’re not going to be upset about huge nerfs to a class that you don’t play because you don’t like it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FenGuild.1097

FenGuild.1097

I don’t see what is so confusing.

He says he’s not upset about the ele changes and he plays an ele. Then he repeatedly says he doesn’t play an ele because it’s boring.

Well, of course you’re not going to be upset about huge nerfs to a class that you don’t play because you don’t like it.

I figured as much you probably was offended by the person post whatever gender the person is. So you took the bite and trolled about it to make the person bite back yet they gave their reason. Ever come to the though that they might not be whining now about it, but when they play the profession more they will?

I think only part that made it confusing or disappointing is that you took the bait instead of shrugging it off.

in Elementalist

Brutalistik.6473

I think only part that made it confusing or disappointing is that you took the bait instead of shrugging it off.

( snort ) life is too simple, but w/e hehe

Pineapples

in Elementalist

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

The boards are volatile, but as someone who pays frequent attention to them, the top 50 positions are dominated by eles and guards. Guards though, are on every team, so are going to end up on top. No other class has had as much representation as the ele consistently other than guards. Not only that but if you look at threads on the spvp forum the community consensus is ele is the strongest. And I have heard ostrich eggs, caed, team paradigm EU , on there stream all complain about ele strength. The high end consensus is that ele is too strong.
Granted leaderboards are volatile BUT as of this posting 3 of the top 5 are ele’s. including a guardian main and a ranger as the other 2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

The boards are volatile, but as someone who pays frequent attention to them, the top 50 positions are dominated by eles and guards. Guards though, are on every team, so are going to end up on top. No other class has had as much representation as the ele consistently other than guards. Not only that but if you look at threads on the spvp forum the community consensus is ele is the strongest. And I have heard ostrich eggs, caed, team paradigm EU , on there stream all complain about ele strength. The high end consensus is that ele is too strong.
Granted leaderboards are volatile BUT as of this posting 3 of the top 5 are ele’s. including a guardian main and a ranger as the other 2.

But that is just spvp.
I`m fine with nerfs/buffs where needed in there, but most of these changes are going global, as in WvWs, dungeons, normal open coughlol world areas.

This nerf isn`t just overkill, it is mass genocide

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Kaleban.9834

But that is just spvp.
I`m fine with nerfs/buffs where needed in there, but most of these changes are going global, as in WvWs, dungeons, normal open coughlol world areas.

This nerf isn`t just overkill, it is mass genocide

I’ve noticed most of the people whinging about the Ele being overpowered are also the ones who make no distinction between sPvP (where they are definitely a top tier performer, but probably only slightly OP) and the rest of the game.

Whether ANet listens to these people is besides the point, looking at the upcoming nerfs, it appears they do. ANet instituting global nerfs because of an sPv kitten ue is ludicrous. I’ll probably continue to play an Ele, but I’ll have to start leveling his twin brother, a Thief. I enjoy frenetic, mobile gameplay, which the Ele gave in spades. With the direction ANet seems to be taking however, Eles are going to be nerfed into bottom tier, in all areas of the game.

I’ll never understand why game developers insist on nerfing something fun into oblivion, rather than slowly buff other options up. Wouldn’t it be awesome if the “OP” bunker D/D Ele was simply the yardstick by which other professions/builds were measured? Rather than nerf /D into suckitude, why not buff Staff, Scepter and Focus to the point where they compete? And do that for all professions?

Honestly, with the number of skills GW2 has compared to GW1, you’d think the game would have been balanced right out of the gate. Or do like many other game developers do, and have a segment of the community act as patch beta testers on a separate server, and trial test changes before springing them on the entire gaming populace without a “burn in” phase. It makes changes smaller yet more meaningful, if the devs send over 10 changes on the Ele to the beta server, they test it out exhaustively and come back saying only 2 or 3 are needed, but the full amount would break the class/build viability entirely.

Plus, given the time investment to level to 80, along with gear outfitting to be competitive in WvWvW (definitely a lot more time than leveling to 20 and getting a collector weapon and you can compete ala GW1), not to mention that ANet expects a certain percentage of the gaming population to spend real money at the gem store to outfit characters, changing the rules and in this case, the entire feel and playstyle of a class is simply too much. It’d be like saying forwards in soccer can no longer use anything but their heads to move the ball downfield, mid-game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

It’s true and will effect all aspects of the game.

40 second cooldown on RTL if no target is hit.

The Warrior, with 8000 more health and 200 more armor has more mobility than an Elementalist. One hand sword has a 600 range leap on a 8 second cooldown. The Greatsword Whirlwind is a 450 range on a 10 second cooldown.

A warrior can leap 1050 range every 10 seconds.
Giving the Warrior 4200 range in 40 seconds.

I would like to congratulate the developers on their ineptness.

1st of all RTL was going 1500 range, warrior has no movement skill about 1200.
2ndly, warrior cannot use any utility or heals while using any movement skills.
3rdly. Mist form. Warriors have no immunity skills. Edure pain and shield block are not immunity skills. Thus a warrior can be cripples or immobalzed while using any of its movement skills. Also like RTL and Mist Form warriors cannot heal while using movement skills.
4th and lastly, warriors need gap closers more than elementalists, We are primarily melee. Most of all our weapons must be in close range to use and quite a few of those or roots us and we cannot move while channeling them. We need gap closers and CC just to be able to set ourselves up to do damage.

You cannot compare overpowered elemental abilities to anything a warrior has. Dancing around running around and shooting healing over and over and then escaping. To warrior closing gaps then being stuck and not being able to move then trying to escape and getting shut down.

You know why we have more health, Becasue we don’t have tons of heals and ways to remove conditions then be able to magically disengage and escape immune to damage and heal while doing so.. And if we were to set ourselfs up to have more condition removal we lose the very thing your crying about bull charge a movement skill. And the majority of our damage along with it.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Elementalist

Brutalistik.6473

I’ll never understand why game developers insist on nerfing something fun into oblivion, rather than slowly buff other options up. Wouldn’t it be awesome if the “OP” bunker D/D Ele was simply the yardstick by which other professions/builds were measured? Rather than nerf /D into suckitude, why not buff Staff, Scepter and Focus to the point where they compete? And do that for all professions?.

Now this is something I can agree to besides the complaints. I never understood that method why the developers just can’t buff other professions builds / traits to counter certain mechanics of certain OP professions builds. This adds more diverse and competition to the pvp field than just nerfing. I can understand nerf certain abilities to a certain degree such as frenzy because it was really OP, but nerfing abilities like RTL is bad because that is an escape / offensive skill that can be countered. That’s the only nerf I do dislike coming for elementalist. I’m still not shedding a tear because this was going to happen eventually, but it just sucks RTL was caught up in it as well.

It happens…

This however is a trend in most or probably all MMO’s out there when it comes to profession balances due to pvp.

Pineapples

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

The RtL nerf was aimed torward the daphoenix style of gameplay in WvW, an Elementalist will not be able to dance in and out of a fight keeping multiple opponents busy anymore, not with a 40s cd on rtl while disengaging.

There’s no other explanation, because afaik in sPvP Bunker Elementalists do not roam from point to point using rtl w/o a target, they use it only in combat against roamers. and in pve there will be enough critters/mobs to use as an “anchor” for rtl.

I guess it is better to kill a whole playstyle instead of letting people learn how to counter it.

The mist form change leaves me baffled: their stated goal is to nerf D/D cantrip bunkers and what they do is nerf a “base” utility, one of the few defensive mechanism available to offensive oriented builds.

I have to be honest here, if ANet was actualy trying to nerf only D/D cantrip bunkers then they are nerfing the wrong skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Rant time:

If they`d of done anything to the other trait lines they`d of been used, but can anyone name me one thing decent (or anything at all) that has been done to them? (Giving us EA back after having removed it doesn`t count ;p)

If they`d stop kittening about & give us summoned weapons that were worth the sodding time, ie make them permanent/real damage etc… Elementalists would have what every other class (I`m not calling it a profession, that is crafting ;p) which is decent melee & ranged, rather than kitten about in bags.
Yes they mentioned these in the SOTG, but said it is being looked into. Aka don`t expect this for months…

If they`d given us decent hp/armour/defenses/skills that actually kittening hit things, we`d not of got so kittening kitten off of being one shot by every kittening thing & wouldn`t of had to go more bunker (of which I have fought other classes that are even more bunker then Ele` with 1/5th the key mashing & higher damage by a long shot).

Even in open world this is going to screw Ele` over big time, go fight a Karka, any basic one, you`ll see the first few cast spits it does removes average 50% of your hp. Get a Warrior or Guardian to stand there, see the difference & prepare to swear at them ;p

We have more heals, because of how squishie, to I assume make up for it, we are & come this patch I see yet another major fail from Failnet, which seeing as we`ve heard sod all from them, despite this segment of the forums going wild fires over this, will mean months down the line there`s a slim to zero chance of a minor buff. Big whoop! :$

But how the hell did they not think this wouldn`t completely kitten over staff & Scepter/dagger & scepter/focus users?

Oh that`s right, “think”…..

Almost forgot, a completely kittening useless downed state that is only of usee in one situation, near keep doors & oh of course, that alone makes us op…

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

(edited by Fishbait.6723)