Scepter/Focus Auramancer in PvP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vk3d;2B2-U0C5gN-Z0;9;4J99T-18-0;04;014B;1Uw;4H7G04gk19VH

I’m looking for criticism on a build that I actually REALLY LOVE. I tried Scepter/Dagger at first for the damage/mobility, but the defenses on the Focus allow me to stick in the middle of my team for longer and apply Fury/Protection/Swiftness through my four auras.
I like Scepter/Focus for the 5 blasts it offers as it allows me to buff myself/allies with 6-15 stacks of might (though the fire field is sub-par) but I’m still uncertain about my choice of traits in Fire and Water beyond the ones for auras.

To note, this is a TEAM-oriented build, not just something for me to run up and slaughter people randomly with. I’m having some slight trouble with damage right now, and was wondering of any suggestions to improve on it. Most of my damage comes from condition damage(Augmented by the might stacks which adds up to 500+ condition damage) and outlasting the opponent, but this build really shines in groups.

Any improvement advice would be appreciated. Maybe even a weapon swap.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

Link didn’t work.

in Elementalist

Chaos Archangel.5071

Damnation.. you have to copy and paste it. Ill try another site.

Damnation.. you have to copy and paste it. Ill try another site.http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzsMM9moMaNMoMaNMGaax0MszVzVb8khf7khg7070c7kIt70z7kGo70z7kGD70z7ow18of3

Damnation.. you have to copy and paste it. Ill try another site.http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzsMM9moMaNMoMaNMGaax0MszVzVb8khf7khg7070c7kIt70z7kGo70z7kGD70z7ow18of3Like I said any advice would be great.

in Elementalist

Chaos Archangel.5071

.. Is it just me or did that just pop up 3 times?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffeine.6724

Caffeine.6724

So, as i am a diehard elementalist, and cant get my mind around playing anything else i went ahead and plugged your build into my toon.

I am a huge fan of focus in general, and often times used it when i would bunker (im 99% bunker for most of my ele life over 800 games played)

I did however make a slight change, and that is, i took out the 10 in earth, and moved it to 10 in arcana, the boons, + cooldown reduction are huge imo, but thats still debateable.

What i wish i could do however is replace Signet of Air with Signet of Earth, not only for the toughness, but for the ondemand root, for when you or your team is ready to burst. The combo i was running in a few spvp matches was fairly simply.. start in air, knockdown — blind/insta — switch to fire, fire shield – dragontooth, pheonix,flamewall. i was hitting people somewhere around 5-6k if DT crit. Dont get me wrong, it is nothing huge really, but considering im weilding a focus, and this is setup for a much more team oriented build, i found it really good.

Will play with it more when i get home from work. I really wish i could get rid of the aura share, and just might (my team makes me side node defend majority of the time) and put 10 more into arcana for the chance on vigor from crits, or put the 10 in earth for the 3 sec protection. I guess it heavily depends on what im trying to accomplish. I look forward to trying it out more, and seeing where i/we can take this

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in Elementalist

Caffeine.6724

Also, i was running bloodlust mainhand (more power = high ability to apply burst with my groupmates) as well as shaman amulet with zerker jewel — the goal was to keep condi dmg acceptable, and boost power as close to 2800+ a possible. easily acheiveable if you manage not to die constantly.

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in Elementalist

Chaos Archangel.5071

My general rotation is to start in air w/Gale for KD, then Fire Signet. Switch to fire for Firewall/Dragonstooth/Phoenix. Water for Comet. and then Earth for Magnetic Wave. If my enemy isn’t toast by then, the 15-might stacked Earth auto attack shreds them quickly. With Might duration runes, the might stacks last until Arcane Wave cools down and i can repeat the might stacking at any capture point.

I never thought about Earth Signet, and may swap out Air for it, the immobilize would work well with Dragons tooth but the extra 10 secs CD would hurt. Also, i REALLY love having 4 auras that give Protection/Fury/Swiftness to a team, but you pose a good point. I may drop the 10 Traited Air for 10 Arcane, but the fury buff… =/ My team having +500 power/cond.dmg on top of near constant Protection/Fury/Swiftness is really boss.

As for Sigils, the Bloodlust one may work a lot better than the Smoldering (burn duration) I was working with.. I’ll give it a shot.

in Elementalist

Caffeine.6724

You make a valid point with the protection. and afterall i guess an auramancer’s job is to be grp support with added burst potential. And your right, the loss of 10 air dosent seem nearly worth it due to loosing the grp fury+swiftness. I might give it a shot again tonight without the arcane.. which IMO should just always be a 9sec cd regardless.. instead of forcing us to spec into it for shorter cd time.

To each there own tho, i love the ele.. and regardless will never quit the class. worst case ill go back to my staff bunker build b4 i give it up…

Frocusd 80 Engineer