Secret nerf to Ele? Mesmer buff.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Can we just address how the buffs to mesmer are basically a nerf to elementalist?

The already overplayed class is out of control as is.

While they’re not buffing the major builds hard, they’re certainly not curbing them at all. It’s nuts in my opinion.

My own personal thing is I love when I hit a dueling arena, and there’s a few rangers, a few warriors, a thief or two, a singular guardian, five necros and about 10 mesmers.

Each of which wants to duel you so bad they can’t contain themselves. Each are basically running the same build, and they’re so happy because with little skill, they can usually tie me, but beat people with less skill than me.

Just frustrating as heck. So with the buff to mantras (condi removal) and others, we’ll have a tough time adjusting to new mesmers tactics.

Cheers, Anet.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

But GS mesmers love to zerk so hard :}
I like it when they call you a noob bc you can’t kill them or they still call you a noob when you 1 shot them. Kinda like Stun lock warriors, when you can’t break the stun & suddenly they think they’re the best thing ever by keeping you dazed & only able to kill you because of that. They call anyone who can’t take them down abunch of vulgar names even when you kill them for the 100th time because someone was smart enough to dodge.

Anyways….. I don’t think any devs play eles, they all play mesmers or stunlock warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

^ Actually if you’ve seen all the anet tag guys running around in game, 90% of them are asuran warriors, the rest are necros. I’ve also seen 1 Mesmer and 1 spirit ranger. Not 1 single ele. Not even once since the game started. And I’ve looked. Unless they all hide in towers or for some reason the devs who play ele NEVER put on their anet tag, I’m convinced that not a single one of them has ever touched the class. It would make my day if I could see 1 ele with an anet tag running around by himself so I can kill him over and over with my warrior and show him how OP warrior is and how incredibly weak ele is.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Only the GS Zerk Mesmers running P/U are a problem. You can avoid the rest of them easily. In duels however P/U mesmers are annoying to fight as D/D because you can’t stay on them and they run around cast phantasms take a little bit of damage blink cast phantasms invis rinse and repeat.

Honestly the damage output isn’t that great except izerker the fight lasts kind of long and it is a fight that d/d ele’s can win it is just really annoying running around chasing them as they stall to cast more phantasms. Either way in a duel it is annoying in the open world I just ignore them. Shatter mesmers though that is a very hard fight that can end quickly.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

As a mesmer player I hate fighting GS mesmer- Rarely do I see “Champion Illusionist” on a gs mesmer but they all seem to think they are more than worthy of having it- more often do I see it on players who are willing to try all kinds of builds in order to find what suits them.
A GS mesmer’s worst enemy is the terrain or dodge rolling, but unlike most classes ele cannot swap weapons- so sigil of energy is out immediately if you can just pay attention to their movements- stay as close to a gs mesmer as possible bc they cant take a hit- and the farther away you are from them the more damage they do and while they are waiting for there 15s or so cd for the only skill they can rely on – the phantasmal berserker- so as long as you can watch out for that you’re clear; I know what you mean but frustrating. Conditions melt any gs mesmer faster than you can blink, I’ve seen it and I’ve been that lame gs mesmer who got melted by ele burst/conditions.
GS takes 0 skill as a mesmer meaning it does nothing to stretch what a mesmer can really offer, it’s about like going Hambow for a warrior these days. Don’t expect much when you see mesmers anymore since most will run GS and have little to no survivability. It’s pretty generic.

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Can we just address how the buffs to mesmer are basically a nerf to elementalist?

While they’re not buffing the major builds hard, they’re certainly not curbing them at all. It’s nuts in my opinion.

My own personal thing is I love when I hit a dueling arena, and there’s a few rangers, a few warriors, a thief or two, a singular guardian, five necros and about 10 mesmers.

Each of which wants to duel you so bad they can’t contain themselves. Each are basically running the same build, and they’re so happy because with little skill, they can usually tie me, but beat people with less skill than me.

Just frustrating as heck. So with the buff to mantras (condi removal) and others, we’ll have a tough time adjusting to new mesmers tactics.

Cheers, Anet.

Ah yes, eat the rich and all that.

Most of the mesmers I know are x-elementalsits and became so because of the unnecessary nerf train that the class is still being run over by. Now you want to tie another class down to those tracks just because it is popular? What is wrong with you?

The elementalists problems are their own and are only going to get better if the elementalist class gets properly addressed … not by nerfing any other class.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

but unlike most classes ele cannot swap weapons- so sigil of energy is

usable on cooldown better than a 10s weapon swap cd class

Fixed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Took me a while to realize you were talking about wvw dueling. If you however WERE talking about PvP dueling, you must be from another planet than me, since I see almost no other class in PvP duel rooms than dps Guards and thieves.

Also, no matter the game mode, PU condi mesmers (along with all other condi classes) autofail against eles starting this patch. Phantasm builds can still give you a headache but having heavy AoE options on all weapons makes eles one of the best counterclasses to phantasm mesmers. And remember, no phantasms, no damage AND no healing with the new healing skill.

Stop complaining, start playing

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in Elementalist

Taldren.7523

Took me a while to realize you were talking about wvw dueling. If you however WERE talking about PvP dueling, you must be from another planet than me, since I see almost no other class in PvP duel rooms than dps Guards and thieves.

Also, no matter the game mode, PU condi mesmers (along with all other condi classes) autofail against eles starting this patch. Phantasm builds can still give you a headache but having heavy AoE options on all weapons makes eles one of the best counterclasses to phantasm mesmers. And remember, no phantasms, no damage AND no healing with the new healing skill.

Well I play both classes in question here and Diamond Skin is a joke. I can take it down in less than a second and then stack conditions at will making the point investment worthless. iZerker, Mirror Blade, or iDuelist take well more than 90% as soon as they are summoned.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Well I play both classes in question here and Diamond Skin is a joke. I can take it down in less than a second and then stack conditions at will making the point investment worthless. iZerker, Mirror Blade, or iDuelist take well more than 90% as soon as they are summoned.

From talking to my guildie he says that if it is full condi builds he can roll their faces with diamond skin its not even close. If your power based mesmer then yea getting the ele down below 90% is easy but it is designed to battle conditions.

Most mesmers are either or though. I haven’t played my mesmer in a while though just got bored with it. A full condi mesmer though gets rolled by diamond skin ele it’s kind of funny seeing the mes pop all the phantasm goodies torch and everything and ele just is running around a full hp almost the whole fight.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Player Character.9467

Your iZerker instantly does more than 90% of any elementalist’s hp? Plz stop haxploiting.

in Elementalist

Taldren.7523

Your iZerker instantly does more than 90% of any elementalist’s hp? Plz stop haxploiting.

Um yeah, I am condi spec … and with my 55% crit rate the zerker usually hits for 3-4k. So lets do some math … if 10% is 3k … then what is 100%? That’s right 30,000. How many 30k ele’s running around?

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This is false actually. PU mesmers do damage when their clones die, either due to aoe or generation of >3. Diamond skin is very good against condi builds in 1v1 situations, and useless outside of that.

Regardless, the number and speed phantasms can be pumped out is rediculous, and not something that is easy for an ele to deal with, whether the opponent is PU or straight phantasm.

in Elementalist

Player Character.9467

Um yeah, I am condi spec … and with my 55% crit rate the zerker usually hits for 3-4k. So lets do some math … if 10% is 3k … then what is 100%? That’s right 30,000. How many 30k ele’s running around?

Ok now you’re just not making any sense, your izerker does 3-4k and you think that’s more than 90% of an ele’s hp? Where are these eles with 4200hp? And what does that have to do with 30k eles?

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

This is false actually. PU mesmers do damage when their clones die, either due to aoe or generation of >3. Diamond skin is very good against condi builds in 1v1 situations, and useless outside of that.

Regardless, the number and speed phantasms can be pumped out is rediculous, and not something that is easy for an ele to deal with, whether the opponent is PU or straight phantasm.

Sorry, BlackBeard is right here.

And after the patch, phantasm mesmers are even stronger. There’s no QQ here, I am playing the game, and I’m sticking it out on ele, but I think it’s laughable that they keep getting buffs while we get nerfs, intentional or not.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Time to switch to my mesmer…..

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Ok now you’re just not making any sense, your izerker does 3-4k and you think that’s more than 90% of an ele’s hp? Where are these eles with 4200hp? And what does that have to do with 30k eles?

Stop being factitious man, we’re all Ele’s here.

Maybe the way he phrased it was incorrect, perhaps english isn’t their first language, apply your cunning wit and you’ll know exactly what he was referring to.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Cheers, Anet.

Ah yes, eat the rich and all that.

Most of the mesmers I know are x-elementalsits and became so because of the unnecessary nerf train that the class is still being run over by. Now you want to tie another class down to those tracks just because it is popular? What is wrong with you?

The elementalists problems are their own and are only going to get better if the elementalist class gets properly addressed … not by nerfing any other class.

Taldren, nothing is wrong with me. I’m frustrated, and many would agree it’s merited frustration.

Do I want to tie other classes down? YES I think each class should roughly be equal, with skill being a determining factor. It’s a pipe dream, but I can still have it without something being wrong with me.

Many people I know are ex-eles, and I too have a Mesmer. I made it mostly to learn how to fight it.

It’s just sad to me how easy it is to play and win on Mesmer, and how hard it is to fight and learn on ele. I have fun and have gotten quite good at ele, so I’m fine with it. But it’s funny when my friend who plays Thief, Warrior and Mesmer asked me “Mark why does it take you several minutes to win a fight on ele against a good person, when it only takes me less than a minute on my Mesmer?” I responded with well I have to build more into defense so I can actually deal dmg. I don’t have stealth to fall back on.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

I think you misread the trait. It stops working if your health drops below 90%, not 10%.

If you have 30k hp, he only needs to hit you for 3,001 to bypass diamond skin. The 30k came up because he was working backwards from the low-end of the 3-4k damage to see how high the ele’s starting HP needs to be in order for diamond skin to remain active after taking the hit.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

It is quite frustrating that one of my guildies could be trying to show off his random new build that he came up with on his mesmer and face me with screwed up traits and unpolished runes/sigil choices and I would have to play to the best of my ability merely not to get facerolled.
He would have no experience with the build and very little experience with the class itself.
I would consider myself to be a pretty experienced Elementalist (4000 hours) and it is very embarrassing being in matches like that.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

It is quite frustrating that one of my guildies could be trying to show off his random new build that he came up with on his mesmer and face me with screwed up traits and unpolished runes/sigil choices and I would have to play to the best of my ability merely not to get facerolled.
He would have no experience with the build and very little experience with the class itself.
I would consider myself to be a pretty experienced Elementalist (4000 hours) and it is very embarrassing being in matches like that.

I’ve got a couple K hours as well, glad you agree.

I always knew we would be the class to work the hardest for the kill, but I didn’t think other classes would ever have it so easy.

in Elementalist

Player Character.9467

I think you misread the trait. It stops working if your health drops below 90%, not 10%.

If you have 30k hp, he only needs to hit you for 3,001 to bypass diamond skin. The 30k came up because he was working backwards from the low-end of the 3-4k damage to see how high the ele’s starting HP needs to be in order for diamond skin to remain active after taking the hit.

I misread nothing

iZerker, Mirror Blade, or iDuelist take well more than 90% as soon as they are summoned.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zitounae.4803

zitounae.4803

i would just stop talking to that guy peeps, that s like asking anet to fix ele.

I ran into a VERY strong staff Elem earlier on live and was excited to see it -time4nerf-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

As a part-time Ele I’d like to throw my two-cents in..

Mesmer is not overpowered. The VAST majority of people who feel they are either do not understand the class mechanics or the particular build they’re up against. Even inexperienced Mesmer find fighting other Mesmer overwhelming and it takes a lot of time to really understand their strengths and weaknesses. Mesmer builds are often vastly different; shatter and phantasm Mesmer are like staff and d/d ele in terms of how different the playstyle is, yet people often fight Mesmers thinking one build
Is the same as any other and thus do not adapt their strategies.. they’d rather just roll their eyes say “Mesmer OP” and go into the fight expecting to lose. Ive gone into many duels and tried to explain to my opponents why they lost or the weakness to Mesmer builds and more often than not the reply I get is “Mesmers are all the same.” I actually rather just fight other Mesmer (and most part-time Mesmer have the same mentality even then. “I only play Mesmer cuz its OP.”) Nearly every class has OP builds but they also have technical, skillful builds too and it getsbhard to tell the difference ifbyou dont knowbthe class and easy to geeralize.

Elementalists are currently underpowered. Other classes don’t need a nerf as much as Eles need improvements to their survivability. I’ll role Staff Ele despite what anyone saya till I get nerfed down to knly one attunement because I love the playstyle, Ill play staff ele if they get buffed to OP because I love the playstyle.. whatever the case what matters more to me is that my experience and skill with the class seperates me from a noob just picking it up. I dont lose to brainless Mesmer because I refuse to simply think “oh theyre OP im screwed.” I lose and I think “kitten what could I have done better?”

TL;DR: Mesmer dont need a nerf, Eles need a buff. Mesmer PU builds are easymode but alots of classes have “faceroll beginner builds”

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)