Signet Ele Still Viable [Videos Included]

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Hey everyone. It’s my opinion that signet Ele is largely underrated, and underplayed. Since I don’t really enjoy meta, I’m always looking to form new builds and after the patch this particular signet Ele build has been working quite good for me. So I decided to make a video explaining why.

I apologize for the slight buzzing in the video. I tried my best to fix it, but I’m still new at this and had some issues. If you can, just see past it and examine what it is I’m saying. I hope to add some roaming/pvp footage to support this build, but for now there’s just this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4KIN--Rd2s

Let me know what you guys think in the comments, and if I should keep making videos!
Any feedback at all is greatly appreciated.

-MM

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

(edited by MightyMicah.7451)

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

Here are a few duels I had the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmWP2KTwsF4

And again, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Diva.1476

Diva.1476

Hi there micah!

I’m glad to see you tried to make condi signet build work and no doubt it would work against a lot of builds but unfortunately in ranked or serious matches, it serves very little. Pvp is so fast paced now, if we miss to put our signets on the target successfully, we are pretty much left with no good dps pressure. That was my observation so far when I tried the signet build. It surely remains semi viable and good for having fun. Apart from that, I liked how you explained points in your vid and loved watching your fights keep up the good work!! and wanna watch more of variations! :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Unfortunately the combination condi + signets is now weaker. Stone heart helped a lot and thats now exclusive. I think that was done intentionally. I am working on a viable condi ele with scepter that uses bleeding. And it seems to work. But i am still looking to make it perfect, because i often lack damage, especially when much cleanse is up….
Also my playerskill is still not good enough. But after only about one month WvW thats not surprising. I think my build would have won manny fight just by better play. I could often feel the pain of my oponents … even when loosing after 1 minute :-).
I know i might get much more punch using dagger. I think i will try that but the range is something i don´t want to miss :-/. I could use krait runes instead of traveler. But the lack of speed would be awful and loosing a slot to air signet is also bad. Air spec is also not useful.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

Well first of all, thank you guys so much for the comments! Any and all feedback is very much appreciated. However, I do believe the signet ele is quite more effective in pvp than you might realize. Sure, missing our signets causes a loss of damage loss, but our raw damage is nothing to be trifled with, either. I’ll see if I can upload some videos of various pvp matches and possibly add commentary to explain the benefits this spec brings to pvp.

Does it bring more benefits than Meta? Probably not. But can it compete just as well as perhaps another class could at a particular role? I think so. But that remains for me to prove. I only ask that you all be willing to give me the chance to prove it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well i expect a burn nerf like many other. I just don´t know how it will be done.
I personally would love the old duration stacking with high base damage, but keep the increased durations that were done after reducing base dmage.
After a burn nerf i am not shure if a pure burning focuse ele will still be useful. (and thats most think of when speaking condi ele).
It won´t hit me much. What did realy hurt me was the ICD on burnign precision :-(. I used that as extra damage and to just keep one stack up for the 10% on burning. targets.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I expect burn to get a 33% damage decrease. It would still hit hard with lots of stacks and lots of might.

Ultimately, your burn will do more damage if you focus on might stacking instead of trying to increase burn duration and burn stacks.

Bad Elementalist