Since cantrip D/D being nerfed...

in Elementalist

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

i would like to give it a try before it goes..
The purpose would be PvE and WvW

im running another different build which with im pretty happy with, but i will gladly try this well known set up, sadly i dont have enough gold to keep buying equipment/runes/trinkets to tune it so…thats why i am asking

i got the traits clear but equipment?

Cleric (power/th/healing) all the way? or is it better to mix it with power/prec/% trinkets so damage wont be minimal?
If you remove healing from weapons and use pwr/prec/% instead …is the build resistant enough?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

Sorry, where is it saying that the cantrip d/d is being nerfed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

it has already been nerfed …

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

it has already been nerfed …

And that completely answers “when”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

I think he is talking about the upcoming cantrip nerf.

Very well written Symbolic.

Great write-up. Just so you guys know, we’re trying to bring down the cantrip Ele, while also being careful to let other Ele builds work. We don’t want to just take all Ele’s out of play, but we do need to bring a few things down (traits/skills) in efficacy.

This was posted about 1 day ago.

Since they are also going to nerf some traits and skills this might affect D/D builds. Let’s hope they also buff some skills/traits to give us more viable builds. I don’t want my ele to be useless again!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Sorry, where is it saying that the cantrip d/d is being nerfed?

Here, for one.

Edit: Ninja’d

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

“i would like to give it a try before it goes..
The purpose would be PvE and WvW”

Spvp discussion so run it.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

“i would like to give it a try before it goes..
The purpose would be PvE and WvW”

Spvp discussion so run it.

Well, I’m definitely hoping that they keep this nerf in sPvP and split the skills for PvE/WvW. The other ele skills are all but completely useless when it comes to staying alive within melee range, especially when you’re fighting zerg v. zerg.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

So they are nerfing TRAITS (AKA pve-www-pvp) on ele.

So for the sake of few dozens players they once again ruins the game of thousands……

I mean cantrip ele is surely stronger than pve warrior (usually glass cannon professions to be effective have to do half of a war damage…..just to say….)

Also in www ele is for sure a threat…..we all see all those confusion stacked by elementalist that alone can change zerg wars…. yeah.

I like thousands of pve-www players am already fed up of this situation….just delete pvp from this game and leave the other alone…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

….just delete pvp from this game and leave the other alone…

I hope you have a very bad day, Sir.
Now go back to playing WoW.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

….just delete pvp from this game and leave the other alone…

I hope you have a very bad day, Sir.
Now go back to playing WoW.

really?
Talk me again of those PvP elitist that says how easy is PvE then complain about being hit by churning earth….(ANY decent pve player can easily avoid it)

Or just consider how many pvp patch are destroying PvE and WWW…..

Now think how many players play PvP, how many WWW and how many PvE.

Finally think of how balanced the game is currently in game modes:

PvP: slightly unbalanced
WWW: quite unbalanced
PvE: “war LF4 M only Guardian/Warriors.”

So yes i think pvp is doing more damage than good considering how many players plays it (they had to ONCE AGAIN turn down their words and put PvE prizes to make people play it….. see laurels -.-).

In the meantime Eles in WWW/PvE are continuosly nerfed with NO reason.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

For the record: there Is no dungeon I did not clear first try without any knowledge about it with my PvP team.

And my comment is just about you asking to delete the core factor of this game. As you did not write t/sPvP but just PvP.

Auramentalist needs balancing, because it is too strong. And this is independent from tPvP.

For churning earth: it is easy to avoid, if you are not stunned, dazed, out of energy, rooted, etc. But you dont know that, as you only fight mobs with a firm and repetitive pattern you just happen to memorize after 100 runs.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Man its like they’re out to nerf me :|

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

For the record: there Is no dungeon I did not clear first try without any knowledge about it with my PvP team.

And my comment is just about you asking to delete the core factor of this game. As you did not write t/sPvP but just PvP.

Auramentalist needs balancing, because it is too strong. And this is independent from tPvP.

For churning earth: it is easy to avoid, if you are not stunned, dazed, out of energy, rooted, etc. But you dont know that, as you only fight mobs with a firm and repetitive pattern you just happen to memorize after 100 runs.

pics or didn t happen…
On the forum i climbed Everest……

The part on auramancer too strong in PvE/www tells a lot by itself….

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

Pics of what?
There is no difficult PvE content in this game. As PvE is darn easy by definition.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Look lets break it down. Fact is is Spvp really tpvp ele is OP. This is not really up for debate.

The main issue is Wv3 and PvE. Now the fact is whnever a class eats a PvE nerf that looks like a PvP nerf everyone gets kitten . The PvE/Casual community is the community in this game.

So far the nerfs we have seen have let us known 2 things. Devs think burst is too high for new players to deal with across the board and that defense is bad thing in the general sense.

However the devs cant say this but here’s the truth. Most players really do suck at PvP. It isnt an insult its just the truth. Whether it be Wv3 or S/Tpvp most players aren’t used to dealing with other players. The other thing we know is that most players like to play DPS.

Now the truth is DD bunker etc is killable. No matter what way you look at it our def is still on the glass side even full bunker. The issue is most players wont carry skills to counter play an ele. The main skill being interrupts and a steady stream of immobilize.

Now when I play my warrior as i have said for months I usually beat DD eles. This is mostly due to the fact that I am awesome (joking). But seriously the main reason is that I carry tools for the situations, and while the fact is the skills rotation is long ele still uses one which means its predictable.

I use this build

No one has to use this, but I mean the tools are there. You can actually out run your basic DD ele build with that one. I ma not so much trying to share a build as I am trying to illustrate that DD bunker ele does have counters. N one uses them thus they are OP everywhere. In the long run most any build that isn’t full bunker suffers and Anets objection to splitting skills regularly has us all on pins and needles whether we need to retire builds due to Spvp alone.

In the long run its bullkitten and sad that we have to wait for nerfs because the lowest portion of our po kitten uffering. What even worse is that the pop that needs help (S/Tpvp) is branded as the part of the game that causes nerfs.

Honestly I am tired of this class being held over the nerf pot. Do it or don’t do it but I would like the threats to end.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Pics of what?
There is no difficult PvE content in this game. As PvE is darn easy by definition.

could you spare some time to show me how strong your ele is in PvE playing with me?

how comes so few players in % are good in any PvE challenge and most needs to be carried by some “insanely OP” PVE professions?

Did u solo any dungeon? do you play fotm 48/arah with pugs?
Do many people actually do that without relying on exploits?

I have years of competitive PvP games (on a competitive level) and the only reason i stop is because i grew tired of PvP players…..most of them are unexperienced and self entitled by just repeating cliché sentences without even knowing the meaning of it……

Like “PvE is easy by definition”…….

Well i ll tell you a secret “CPU is unbeatable (without exploit) by definition….”
This is more true than your statement.

Not to mention how “winning in PvE” is a matter of time spent….because in the end you never really lose….
Same thing as for WWW you can win while losing any single PvP, yet you see PvP players saying “i dueled some players…they are so bad…”
I ll just remind a sentence i liked “roamers in www are like pugs but useless”.(well there are even useful roamers but are really few….)
Then you meet those “bad players” wreaking havoc in zergVSzerg (www builds…) and helping to get points…..

to OP:
If you look at warriors and guardians you can share the opinion that PvP is responsible for silly unbalance we have…..
they still get buffs while thieves and eles get nerfs in PvE……..(yes they can play but they are not efficient).

GW2lfg is quite the proof of state of the game pve wise….

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

They won’t really split skills between PvE and WvW.
One of the Devs said that the purpose of it is so the tactics from PvE would as well work on WvW (combos, play style).
They consider trifles, like theives after stealth state 4sec on WvW, 3 sec on PvE.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Just keep the nerf to spvp and let me keep my build for PvE….but mostly for WvW so I can have a fighting chance to not be the first one downed (if using another build) when defending SM or a Keep.

For WvW, toughness builds matter more than glass cannon builds and lets you learn new tactics using a variety of builds (of which an ele lacks).

Spvp, dunno, don’t Care much for it…too many elitists.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2