Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I’m still angry they nerfed magnetic wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Kodiak X – Blackgate

So does ANET still hate Ele's?

in Elementalist

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

What I means is we has been reduced from an excellent roamer to a class that is dependent large in group. In short, we can not do anything on our own.

Don’t pluralize yourself. I solo roam most of the time and I rarely lose on 1v1 battles, even on 2v1 i win a lot of times and when I lose at least i take one to down state. I have also met a couple of other eles from the opposite servers who do the same. I am sure on the other servers it is the same case. Eles can do a lot on their own in pvp and pve but it all comes down to the player to make the profession shine.

Hmmm, if what you say is possible let’s see at the very least a full breakdown of your gear and stats.

Thanks.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Are you serious right now? So what if it happened or not? The point is that it is possible as demonstrated by the Xunleashed video. This is a stupid argument. The nerfs happened, no one who plays an ele with any regularity is happy. There is nothing that fighting with each other will accomplish except to prove that you’re a bigger idiot than the other guy. Whether Anet hates the ele or not is irrelevant, if you don’t like the way the game is designed then don’t play it. No one wants to here about your boohoos over the nerfs.

*I have a level 80 ele before anyone accuses me otherwise.

Are YOU serious right now? Of course it matters if claims are real or not. Referencing a video from months ago does not prove a thing about the current class. It only proves that there is NO ONE currently doing well on an elementalist in WvW.

You can continue to make all the crazy claims you want, but the reality is you can’t show a post nerf video of an ele doing well because the class was destroyed.

Look dude, the class was NOT destroyed. I can still play my ele with fun! Yeah, it got nerfed pretty hard in terms of wvw roaming. But that doesn’t make it destroyed.

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I still play my ele in many situations and can do o.k. We aren’t free kills, and still have some great skills.

The biggest problem is that we aren’t actually very good any one role b/c we are supposed to be jack of all trades. However, our class design (especially our weak autos) make us poor jack of all trades: we are forced to do rotation through attunements rather than swapping at the proper time. Engineers are WAY better jack of trades, if that is what you want.

I hope that they fix our autos and make attunment swapping a timed thing rather than a spammed thing! Then ele would be in a GREAT spot.

TLDR: We don’t fill any role better than another class, not even our intended jack-of-all-trades roll. We aren’t useless, just sub-par compared to other professions. If you roam in a team, you can still contribute and have fun though. It would be nice to be on par with others though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Erm, how the hell did RTL nerf hit S/D more then D/D?

With S/D you can still hit players from range, with D/D you`re stuck at short range, hence D/D got hit most from that dumb nerf.

, the shortest DD eles have is 240.

Its actually 180, but im a technical kitten so dont listen to me. lol

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Are you serious right now? So what if it happened or not? The point is that it is possible as demonstrated by the Xunleashed video. This is a stupid argument. The nerfs happened, no one who plays an ele with any regularity is happy. There is nothing that fighting with each other will accomplish except to prove that you’re a bigger idiot than the other guy. Whether Anet hates the ele or not is irrelevant, if you don’t like the way the game is designed then don’t play it. No one wants to here about your boohoos over the nerfs.

*I have a level 80 ele before anyone accuses me otherwise.

Are YOU serious right now? Of course it matters if claims are real or not. Referencing a video from months ago does not prove a thing about the current class. It only proves that there is NO ONE currently doing well on an elementalist in WvW.

You can continue to make all the crazy claims you want, but the reality is you can’t show a post nerf video of an ele doing well because the class was destroyed.

Look dude, the class was NOT destroyed. I can still play my ele with fun! Yeah, it got nerfed pretty hard in terms of wvw roaming. But that doesn’t make it destroyed.

So you have video proof?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I’m still angry they nerfed magnetic wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

I’m not, didn’t even know it went through block. All those times vs guard / war with no heal and block up, sitting in earth waiting for fire’s phoenix

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naab.4301

Naab.4301

So you have video proof?

Hah, two can play this game…..Do YOU have a video proof backing your statements? :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

So, ARM, you want a class that can:
- Catch the most mobile class in the game (therefore becoming the most mobile class)
- Win in 1v2 no matter what
- Win every 1v1
- Have great heals
- Have great damage
- Have great defense
- Have great condition mitigation
- Have great sustainability
- Have great burst

…. need I go on? You probably first rolled D/D Ele when it was the flavor of the month (God Mode) and you haven’t been able to handle it since.

I’m curious, what server do you play on? If you happen to be on a server I regularly face I’ll be more than happy to take you to the woodshed and show you how to play.

On a positive note, if you upload video of your play we might be able to help you play better.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

Is there a video of an staff elementalist doing massive amount of 1v1 and winning? I checked out the Xunleashed videos, but none of that is staff 1v1.

Give me a video of an staff Elementalist winning a 1v1 fight with a good D/P thief (like, has a build at least and know where the dodge button is). That would at least provide some proof that staff Elementalist can do 1v1 fight if you have the right skills to pull it off. Otherwise, sorry…

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

So you have video proof?

Hah, two can play this game…..Do YOU have a video proof backing your statements? :P

Of course I do:

Five minutes of running, couldn’t kill a single level 80 player. Feel free to argue how bad that ele was, I won’t mind.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Is there a video of an staff elementalist doing massive amount of 1v1 and winning? I checked out the Xunleashed videos, but none of that is staff 1v1.

Give me a video of an staff Elementalist winning a 1v1 fight with a good D/P thief (like, has a build at least and know where the dodge button is). That would at least provide some proof that staff Elementalist can do 1v1 fight if you have the right skills to pull it off. Otherwise, sorry…

My friend runs Staff for sPvP and tPvP. It is a support build though, so not as effective at 1v1 (he will last a long time, but wont kill the opponent either).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

So you have video proof?

Of course I do:

Five minutes of running, couldn’t kill a single level 80 player. Feel free to argue how bad that ele was, I won’t mind.

Are you insane? That Ele was kicking all kinds of butt. Any time you tie up that many players for that long, you win. Just being able to cause that much havoc is a serious strength. Necromancers would love to be able to handle even half that many players even half that well on their own like that.

Incidentally, he also totally got kills at ~0:30, 1:06, and 2 at 2:40. Granted, he cheesed the terrain to get them, but still.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

So you have video proof?

Of course I do:

I like eles like these simply because they are good at thinking during combat (a great player skill in order to be great at pvp on any mmorpg). He is build around bunker/healer spec thus able to take a lot of punishment while dealing low damage. His strategy of using his environment towards his advantage is superb and not many eles incorporate this useful tactic in their pvp gameplay.

Edit: Just noticed it was the famous Daphoenix. No wonder this gameplay was so good.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

My friend runs Staff for sPvP and tPvP. It is a support build though, so not as effective at 1v1 (he will last a long time, but wont kill the opponent either).

My friend? Hmm, interesting.

Well MY friend says he is a dev from Anet and he said they intentionally nerfed the class into the ground so that people would buy gems to trick out their new toons.

Friends talk a lot.

Yea, my friend as in the guy that lives 2 kilometres from my house, is peved as much as I am about the lag and has been playing Staff ele in pvp since release (he also plays a S/D build with the Flame Axe as a troll build and plays a S/F signet build [my build]) even though it has been super nerfed. It was once the strongest build that an ele could spec into for support and bunker. Now its good for mid support only (or holding off for a bit).

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

What I means is we has been reduced from an excellent roamer to a class that is dependent large in group. In short, we can not do anything on our own.

Don’t pluralize yourself. I solo roam most of the time and I rarely lose on 1v1 battles, even on 2v1 i win a lot of times and when I lose at least i take one to down state. I have also met a couple of other eles from the opposite servers who do the same. I am sure on the other servers it is the same case. Eles can do a lot on their own in pvp and pve but it all comes down to the player to make the profession shine.

Hmmm, if what you say is possible let’s see at the very least a full breakdown of your gear and stats.

Thanks.

Not a problem. This is one of my builds I constantly use and already shared on this forum a few weeks ago. It primarily excels on 1v1, 1v2 2v2 2v3 and so on. In other words, if you have decent player skills this build is awesome as a solo and small group roamer. I quit spvp/tpvp a couple of months ago so I don’t know how good it is within that setting. http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmIbzR4wjEIEFmAKMK0BiHWgDwhlCzAA-jEDBoLA4LgUgAUBgZPDZMBKqVNFRjVXDT5SIV7Ky2bCZmcRVIAdjBA-w

And these are the small adjustments I make to this same build when I want to just roll with the zerg. Enjoy.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmKbzR5wjEIEFmAKMKECiHWgDwhlCzAA-jUDBoLA4LgUgAEBgZPDZMBKqVNFRjVXDT5CQ7KyqYJ1eTIzkLqCBobMA-w

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

My friend? Hmm, interesting.

Well MY friend says he is a dev from Anet and he said they intentionally nerfed the class into the ground so that people would buy gems to trick out their new toons.

Friends talk a lot.

Yea, my friend as in the guy that lives 2 kilometres from my house, is peved as much as I am about the lag and has been playing Staff ele in pvp since release (he also plays a S/D build with the Flame Axe as a troll build and plays a S/F signet build [my build]) even though it has been super nerfed. It was once the strongest build that an ele could spec into for support and bunker. Now its good for mid support only (or holding off for a bit).

Mine lives 2 miles from my house. He says that there was never a time when S/F was the strongest build at anything.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I dont have any friends. But I have 5 Legendaries and am better at Ele than 99% of you all.
This sure makes me a winner to this game! Boohooya!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Lightning blaze, how do you survive without vigor? Do you just rely on “burst or be-bursted”?

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Lightning blaze, how do you survive without vigor? Do you just rely on “burst or be-bursted”?

It depends on the situation BlackBeard. On 1v1 I survive mostly from reading my opponent and avoiding or countering those skills that provide the most benefit to him/her. However, if they are not tanky or skillful enough then I go pure offense. On 1v2 I focus on using the environment towards my advantage (if that option is available) and eliminating one enemy as quick as possible so I can concentrate more on the other opponent. During group fights the same principles apply. The only difference is that the strategy of going in and out like a boxing match takes place more often against equally skilled opposite group of players. I got bored of sigil of generosity 2 days ago so I changed it to sigil of energy. It provides a bit more survivability. Sigil of doom will be next.

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)