So ive heard...

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I’ve heard the new GM air trait hits as hard as halting strike. If so thats awesome. Halting strike can hit up to 5k

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

This might be the only thing to ever prompt an ele to take earth shield for the two extra interrupts on acceptable cooldowns, because otherwise there just simply aren’t enough interrupts on the class to justify taking the trait over fresh air or tempest defense.
Or maybe not because of how painful using earth shield is.

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

That is what karl said and that is what I hoped for.

The trait is in competition with Fresh Air. What would need to be figured out is the dps fresh air provides with electric discharge swapping going to be greater then this trait.

Halting strike damage is no joke on a mesmer it’s a awesome trait but on ele I can see d/f getting some mileage and d/d out of this good but is it better then fresh air+electric discharge procs over the long run.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Carpboy.7145

I just wish you could use this and tempest defense!

Lyss The Shadow

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

What’s the internal cooldown

Bad Elementalist

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

What’s the internal cooldown

there is none

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Lol scepter focus for president.

Bad Elementalist

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Scepter air 2 does as much damage. For scepter bursty playstyle users, fresh air is still far superior trait. No competition within that department.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I think this would be great for staff especially zergers.

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Im going to have so much fun with this trait. Im already having good success with my current d+f build. I hope it’s better than tempest defense dps wise(air 5 knockdown followed by burning speed lightning flash combo is pretty nasty).

Bad Elementalist

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Our grandmaster trait hits as hard as a mesmer adept trait…awesome.

Ya it will be nice for some builds though.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Carpboy.7145

It gives weakness to

Lyss The Shadow

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Just for earth 4. Interrupt the whole zerg repeatedly.

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: niconori.7235

niconori.7235

LOL! anet genius.

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

But our CC is 1/2 of what an ele can do, especially in large scale!
Besides, don’t get too excited. Halting strike will never hit 5k unless you run full zerker with point invested in fire and air against an upscaled scrub running without armor.
You’ll probably see 3.5k as max. Though I can imagine this being a fun trait vs massive pug blobs in EB or eotm. 1 static or earth wall and you deal like 20-30k dmg. But ye what’s 30k dmg. 1 extra attack by your whole melee train per person? To put 30 points in air for that is kinda… a waste compared to the rest of the traits you’ll need in water/arcane/earth/.

(edited by BlackDevil.9268)

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Be careful, this is likely to kill you from retal! I’ve already killed myself a lot of the last few days to retal (even in pvp with FGS).

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Be careful, this is likely to kill you from retal! I’ve already killed myself a lot of the last few days to retal (even in pvp with FGS).

Same goes for halting strike, it does not occur retal as far as I’m concerned. Also, just be aware that not everyone who gets stuck will get interrupted.

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

This trait is better for mh dagger or for staff, where you get up to three sources of interruption. Staff has gust, static field and unsteady ground. D/D has shocking aura, updraft and earthquake. D/F has shocking aura, gale and comet.

Also, Tornado for massive lightning rod procs, and I can see Lightning Hammer working too. You’ll just have to invest heavily on defense in addition to power/ crit.

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Overall this trait is can give mainhand dagger permanent weakness. If you can interrupt. That is something only spamming earth staff 1 can do. With the new gm you can do it with a limited amount of time in air.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhMMKgWExnBr0AQowAjHdsBAiHW4AAA-zUBBofBM1sIaslRFRjVZDT9iIqWMAMB-w
Melee zerg build?
10/30/30/0/0. PVT because wvw but it could be optimized.

Just going to copy part of my post from
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Wow-the-new-traits-for-Ele/page/2

I’m thinking this could actually get away with going almost full zerker. For those complaining about it being a major mesmer trait, the mesmer trait doesn’t give weakness and most of our interrupts are not AOE nor can we spam as many as eles have in an AOE.

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

If thats true then its a pretty good trait ..and we do have plenty of interrupts with some weaponsets and with conjures plus its quite a lot of weakness.
Also it wont compete fresh air since it serves different purpse.Fresh air needs you to swap to air constantly and its best with air spells in scepter and dagger auto but bad with staff or when you need to stay in other attunements longer . This trait means you could be in earth having stoneheart or having a conjure (lhammer has potential 3 interrupts). Or in general not having to put other attunements in cd to proc the air 15 minor is always welcome .Plus its aoe..plus you dont know how many cant avoid getting constantly interrupted by unsteady grounds.. hahah.
think it shapes to be pretty decent as well given how it wasnt as attractive as the other ones.

So ive heard...

in Elementalist

Carpboy.7145

I made a thread awhile ago when we first heard of these new traits but it didnt get a whole lot of attention. I think this build will be extremely strong roaming after the patch

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/D-D-roaming-post-patch

Lyss The Shadow