Soldier runes bugged?

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I didn’t play around HoT launch up till season 1, so if this is common knowledge by now I apologize.

Does anyone else get the feeling that ele shouts, mainly aftershock and flash freeze, cleanse far more conditions than they should with soldier(trooper) runes? It seems like the amount of conditions removed scales with the amount of enemies you hit with the effect. Flash freeze in bigger fights consistently seems to full cleanse.

I know this sounds a little absurd, and people would be more vocal about it if true, but teamfights tend to be messy to the point of not being able to tell these kinds of things. Took me a lot of games to start suspecting something, and then a lot more to actually be at a degree of certainty to post it on the forums.

And no I’m not running cleansing water + invigorating torrents.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LDJ Nine.2047

LDJ Nine.2047

I run Soldier runes on my Tempest, and this does not seem to happen to me, might just be getting good cleansing from teammates at the same time. However, it may very well be a bug that I simply havn’t seen yet.

I Played Necro Before it was Cool.
Death Windfola [GIT] (Devona’s Rest)

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

nope, I have not experienced this

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

It sounds like diamond skin is proccing and removing the extra conditions. This makes sense as diamond skin will only go off when you are hit (very common in a teamfight), and this is also a time when you will use flash freeze pretty much off cooldown.

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

It sounds like diamond skin is proccing and removing the extra conditions. This makes sense as diamond skin will only go off when you are hit (very common in a teamfight), and this is also a time when you will use flash freeze pretty much off cooldown.

I considered that, but diamond skin has a 1s icd, which rules it out in this case.

I might be imagining things (though I’d say I paid a lot of attention to it all the way through ruby and diamond). If noone notices even after reading this, then I guess I’m just hallucinating.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

You could probably just test it at the training NPCs in the Heart of the Mists. They do apply conditions.

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I considered that, but diamond skin has a 1s icd, which rules it out in this case.

I might be imagining things (though I’d say I paid a lot of attention to it all the way through ruby and diamond). If noone notices even after reading this, then I guess I’m just hallucinating.

Did you maybe have SEVENTEEN Necros (fkin fotm) on your team running Plague Signet? This is pretty average for….everyone, nowadays. If a Necro is within 1200 range, they’re probably cleansing you.

Also, apart from a Soldier Rune/DS Tempest, a Necro can still run Soldier/Leadership Runes Plague Signet, Unholy Martyr ( not likely but) and then other team condi clears. A full clear for an Ele is not hard to imagine right now, at all, tbh. I’d be shocked if you didn’t end up with some Boons, really. ( But they’d get corrupted)

(edited by Tman.6349)

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Found some good footage of it happening:

https://youtu.be/_s1AAJ71YNE?t=2m55s

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

It’s wvw+several shout guards+necros close…can’t really see that’s happening, anybody would have noticed by now if flash freeze would cleanse 7+condis in one go, just pure coincidence and we don’t know what’s triggering

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

It’s wvw+several shout guards+necros close…can’t really see that’s happening, anybody would have noticed by now if flash freeze would cleanse 7+condis in one go, just pure coincidence and we don’t know what’s triggering

Cmon now. You can slow down the footage to .25x and clearly tell it’s a fully instant cleanse. The odds that 3-4 different cleanses lined up in the same frame of 1/60th of a second is non-existent.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

Hey brother,
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Water
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invigorating_Torrents
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Trooper
+Allies within 600 radius

the mass condi cleanse in question

Therefor it is not a bug my friend, but traits w/ rune synergy bringing you the condi cleanse you question.

Hope that helps friend.

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

it should be 2 conditions cleared
not 6
definitely looks like a bug. but I have not noticed any such thing in my games

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

i think its just cleansing water removing condis because you applied regen to 5 allies.

Bad Elementalist

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

No, it will remove a condi from you for each regen applied

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

No, it will remove a condi from you for each regen applied

That’s not how it works, or at least not how it always has worked. Besides, the person in the video uses powerful aura. I lined out in my initial post that I’d spotted this bug while playing without cleansing water as well.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thunder King.2936

Thunder King.2936

Here you can clearly see the shout is not working as intended.

(edited by Thunder King.2936)

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

that’s amazing
no wonder the meta build can get by without cleansing water

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

How do you get that to work? I use cleansing water and if I’m by myself I only cleanse 2

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

With a bit of further testing, turns out it’s indeed scaling with the amount of targets hit. With 1 minion up, 2 condis are cleansed. With 4 minions, 5 condis (5-man target cap).

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

does it only apply to flash freeze? or does it work with all shouts?
and do the ones that don’t hit enemies work?

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

does it only apply to flash freeze? or does it work with all shouts?
and do the ones that don’t hit enemies work?

Didn’t work on aftershock. Didn’t test the other 2, but from my experience it doesn’t work on feel the burn either.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thunder King.2936

Thunder King.2936

Bump bump bump bump

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I run the 3 shouts that give Auras and soldier runes in PvP. I have the trait that grants regen when I apply an aura, then also the trait that removes a condition when I apply regen as well. From there, we also have diamond skin. I also run the trait that removes a condition when I attune to water.

So each time I shout, I remove 2 conditions from myself and near by allies. Every time I apply an aura I also remove a condition (which is frequently since I run dagger/warhorn.)

My ele build is built around condition removal since we live in a time where condi necros and mesmers think they’re the gods of PvP now. I ran all of this same stuff back when I was able to run Celestial in PvP too, but anet took that away from me. Now I run Paladins, which works fine. I still miss my Celestial in PvP. I run celestial in WvW still though.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Well what do you know, they fixed it. Wasn’t expecting it, props.

Incidentally, this is a pretty substantial nerf to meta clerics ele, im curious to see what happens (and legitimately wonder how many people were aware of the bug in the end).

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Soldier runes bugged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Well what do you know, they fixed it. Wasn’t expecting it, props.

Incidentally, this is a pretty substantial nerf to meta clerics ele, im curious to see what happens (and legitimately wonder how many people were aware of the bug in the end).

What about the bug with arcana and attunement recharge when using overload?
The CD doesn’t go to 17s as it should and instead remains at 20s making the all point of going arcana a moot point