[Suggestion] Boon Conversion Elite

in Elementalist

Posted by: Diva.1476

Diva.1476

We all know that our Elites are not as useful as of other professions or as we used to have before nerfs happened. I wanted to share this idea and discuss how about we have an elite which could boon strip? It’s is the only ability we eles don’t have. Wouldn’t it be super cool for pvp/wvw? I was thinking of having a Signet/ Cantrip Elite with CD 60 secs.

Passive Effect: More healing power/ condition damage (may be?)
Active Effect: Strips 5 Boons and gain 6 secs of quickness

†**********************
This one comes from a fellow ele, I thought I should post it here to discuss it further… So a boon corruption we wanna call it than a simple boon stripping.
How about an Elite that converts Boons into conditions? Something kind of like Reaper of Grenth.
It would be an AoE around the ele, ticks every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. Would need balance to see how many Boons get converted into Conditions per a tick as well as what the cool down would be. Maybe have it as an Arcane. Could even have it as a Signet:

Passive Effect: Gain more Condition damage (180?) Crit hits have a chance to inflict a condition.

Fire = Burning(3seconds)
Water = Chill(3seconds)
Air = Confusion(2stacks, 5seconds)
Earth = Torment(4stacks, 5seconds)
25% chance
10 second cool down

Active Effect: Gain a corrupting Aura. Boon(s) get converted into Conditions x number of Boons corrupted every 3 seconds of 15 seconds
Number of targets = 10
Duration: 15 seconds
Radius: 240
Unblockable
Cool down: 120seconds(?)

I think boon corruption would be better than a simple boon removal. The passive would need to be something solid as well. Not just a stat(s) increase it would need to have some sort of effect as well. Or maybe make it so that it corrupts ALL boons on the target instead with a slightly longer cool down something like:

Passive Effect: Gain more Condition damage (180?) Crit hits have a chance to inflict a condition.
Fire = Burning(3seconds)
Water = Chill(3seconds)
Air = Confusion(2stacks, 5seconds)
Earth = Torment(4stacks, 5seconds)
25% chance
10 second cool down

Active Effect: Corrupt Boons on your foe deal X damage for each Boon Corrupted and gain X seconds of Quickness for each Boon corrupted. This would be a single target active. The cool down would be say 90second. That way it could be allowed to Corrupt all Boons on the target.

The only question would be how the Gain X seconds of Quickness would work. Assuming they had all 9 boons on them though unlikely that could be at least 9seconds of Quickness which would be insanely power. So could do it that its 1 second quickness every 3 second for 15 seconds or something?

THOUGHTS GUYS?

(edited by Diva.1476)

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I can also live with the fact if the development team accepts that FGS is nothing more then a mobility tool and it should get an according CD instead crazy 180s.

I can accept that CD when it was doing that damage in PVE but now, 180s just to move quickly over the map?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Diva.1476

Diva.1476

I can also live with the fact if the development team accepts that FGS is nothing more then a mobility tool and it should get an according CD instead crazy 180s.

I can accept that CD when it was doing that damage in PVE but now, 180s just to move quickly over the map?

I know right !!! Almost all elites are so useless now for being called an Elite. But it’s good to come up with suggestions rather than keep criticising what’s not good atm. So that’s why I came up with this… as they call Elementalists, “jack of all trades”, a boon stripping and quickness would only prove this more

in Elementalist

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

I know right !!! Almost all elites are so useless now for being called an Elite. But it’s good to come up with suggestions rather than keep criticising what’s not good atm. So that’s why I came up with this… as they call Elementalists, “jack of all trades”, a boon stripping and quickness would only prove this more

Not a bad idea, but you can hear the tears falling from now on.

in Elementalist

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Boon removal/corruption is as far from the elementalist concept as it can get.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Let’s give ele a useful elite…..on top of the absurd dueling and bunk potential they already have with the celestial build

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia