Tanky DPS Elementalist [Videos] 11/21/12

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackPaw.5948

BlackPaw.5948

I try to find the Karma armor set in the cursed shore area, which one you recommend???
Cuz I can’t craft the armor myself yet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hagnefelt.1286

Hagnefelt.1286

Hey! I havent joined the discussion yet, but I have read the entire thread.
As reQuiem stated in one post, saying the condition dmg was pretty low, I couldnt disagree.

Now, I havent yet been PvPing that much, so I dont know which stat would be best to sacrifice.

But from the calculation shown in one of his posts, the stats are given in this way:

Power 845
Toughness 706
Vitality 656
Healing Power 536
Cond. dmg 250
Precision 100

So what if you just replace say the chest piece with a Power, cond.dmg, vitality.

This would net us at
Power 816 (-29)
Cond. dmg 351 (+101)
Toughness 634 (-72)

All other stats would be the same. Another solution might be to swap out an earring which would lower the stat of healing power and toughness, to gain vitality and cond.dmg. We’re speaking of +50 for vit and cond, -50 for HP and toughness.

My only concern is that you’re sacrificing toughness. I havent played PvP/Wv3 enough to tell how important toughness is. So what do you more experienced players say?

Edit: What’s the easiest way to gain PVT gear? You can’t craft it, and I’ve only found the gear at exotic karma merchants and dungeon merchants. Are those two the only ones?

(edited by Hagnefelt.1286)

in Elementalist

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

Edit: What’s the easiest way to gain PVT gear? You can’t craft it, and I’ve only found the gear at exotic karma merchants and dungeon merchants. Are those two the only ones?

You can get it also from WvW by using badges (exotics) or karma (lower quality). I would say that dungeon farming is the fastest way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: daphoenix.4283

daphoenix.4283

@Fishbait

Audacity does work great

@JermyZ
:P that was a fun match up

@Munchkin
I’m still using my inferior gear in that video (with the crappy doylak runes)
I’m leveling my warrior atm, and i kinda miss the ele survivability / sustainability >_>

@Otaur
its 2440

http://imgur.com/Z29no

@Hagnefelt
A dead ele does no damage :P. The best defense is the best offense.
Toughness makes a significant difference when several enemies akittengeting you at the same time.

@Blackpaw / Hagnefelt
Do AC dungeon to get PVT gear, easiest way

Excala, Expert Elementalist
Fort Aspenwood [EXC]
http://www.youtube.com/user/daphoenix555?feature=mhee

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

daphoenix.4283:

@TGSlasher

I dont live in australia :/. I live in america. I’m not sure how lag / latency will factor in if we party up :S

Unfortunately for me there are no Aus servers, I have to play on American servers, so there is always lag lol. Its noticeable every now and then, but I’m used to lagy games so it doesn’t bother me to much and this game seems to handle it fairly well

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Hagnefelt.1286

@daphoenix

So, if you would have to lower one of your stats to pump up your cond.dmg by say 100, which stat would you sacrifice? Would it be more than one to spread it out a little?

Do you have a minimum you want your toughness at? I mean, -72 toughness and -29 power doesnt seem too much to sacrifice to gain 100 cond.dmg. My overall stats with dolyak rune + traits and stuff would end up at:

Power 1732
Vitality 1622
Toughness 1715
Cond.dmg 351
Healing. P 536
Precision 1016

And btw, I thought you liked the dolyak rune but your previous post tells me you don’t. :P Which rune are you aiming for instead? Changing rune will most likely lower both vit and toughness, especially toughness. What’s your thoughts concerning this?

Edit:

I noticed in your first post that you’re going for the divinity rune. The stats you would end up at in total would be something like this:

Power 1831
Precision 1076
Toughness 1682
Vitality 1632
Healing 596
Cond. dmg 310
And + 12% crit dmg.

What doesnt make sense to me is why you would use the divinity rune. This build doesn’t stack any crit chance what so ever, so why would you want critical dmg? I think we’re as low as 10-15% crit when running this build and if I’m not wrong, I think I’ve seen a spread sheet showing that for crit dmg to be very effective you wanna get up to 40%+ crit chance.

After looking into the build some more, I found a rune called rune of the undead. The superior version’s stats are:

+28 cond dmg.
+15 toughness
+55 cond. dmg.
+35 toughness
+100 cond. dmg
+5% of toughness becomes cond. dmg.

Using this rune would give us the following stats:

Power 1761
Precision 1016
Toughness 1672
Vitality 1572
Healing 536
Cond. dmg 517

I’ve calculated the cond. dmg added from the 6th attribute to be 1672*0,05. = 84.

Differences between undead and divinity in undead’s perspective:

Power (-60)
Precision(-60)
Toughness(-10)
Vitality(-60)
Healing (-60)
Cond. dmg(+207)
-12% crit dmg

This means in total -250 stats and – 12% crit dmg compared to + 207 cond.dmg. But I cant say I really care much about the precision or the crit dmg since we’re not relying on those factors.

What are your thoughts? I hope I’m not coming out in a wrong way here(dunno rly know how to explain), because I really like your guides and build, but as someone else also stated, I would personally try to buff the cond.dmg a little bit.

With this build I would probably switch to a + power sigil instead of cond.dmg (not sure though).

(edited by Hagnefelt.1286)

in Elementalist

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

@Hagnefelt

You’re forgeting to take into account all the Fury we get from this build. Not that i agree or disagree, just pointing it out.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I was that pink norn warrior in your video that kept dodging and knocking you back. To be honest, I really had no idea what you were doing. I just knew if you got close to me, I should dodge

Looks like D/D elementalist are a perfect counter to my condition rifle build. I can’t do enough direct damage to really hurt you and you have to much condition removal. Going to try changing my build a little to get some more direct damage. I can pull off 20% more if I give up spiked armor. I just love spiked armor though.

That night was probably one of the funnest pvp nights of the week. I like fighting people that are better than me, it forces me to get better. That night I fought you, your friend and some thief that were all definitively more skilled when you consider I had a 3 orb advantage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FannonCodder.1286

FannonCodder.1286

@Hagnefelt

While the stats do looking interesting to change to, it is hard to give up all the other stats for just the condition damage. Especially in Wv3 when a player could use food or Tuning Crystal. NdranC bought up the good point with fury as well, giving the extra crit chance so the +crit damage doesn’t go to full waste.

Elementalist is the one prof that I have played so far that benefits from all stats (maybe not so much precision) Where on the other hand a prof like Mesmer really has no use for condition damage… at least not a GS or s/p Mesmer.

I spend some of the day playing around in spvp with this build, and I have to stay it was rough, compared to pve i cant be as reckless with my skill casting and make sure they count (aka landing the blast at the end of Burning Speed.) First couple of matches were really rough, but it did get better. Compared to playing my thief, I felt I had more control and options, I felt I bought more to the table when dealing with multiple targets.

@Daphoenix

You talked about playing and lvling a warrior and how it just isnt the same. I go back to the thief and i feel the same, it feels to simple… What more is I go back to a 32 Mesmer and I just feel slow and sluggish. Granted I like the Mesmer more then the thief now, i would however hate taking a Mesmer into Wv3 just to roam.

What it comes down to is a lot of practice, then more, and then maybe some more. I look back and rethink some spvp matches and realize I know I could have been better with breaking stuns and such, and that is just going to take time on my end not to panic and remember my binds.

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Hagnefelt

I did some calculations again.

Condition damage vs Power
For every additional 100 condition damage, you get a effective 7.6% increase in your base condition proc hits (i.e. my drakes breath does 340 dmg a proc at 50 condition damage, 366 dmg proc at 150 condition dmg).

For every additional 100 power, you get an effective 6-7.4% increase in your base dmg hits (my values I used weren’t perfectly accurate, will run more tests later)

It should be noted that condition damage tends to be easily removed against skilled opponents, and that D/D eles have less ways to utilize condition damage than regular proc hits. Also condition damage ignores any form of armor and does not get its damage diminished in any way. Regular hits do get diminished by armor and toughness.

I’ve been told there are diminishing return in stats, but I haven’t really seen any yet from the data I’ve gotten (condition damage showed no diminishing returns from 0 to 1173 condition damage, not 100% sure about power though)

I would have to conduct more tests to see how effective power vs. condition damage vs. precision vs. toughness vs. healing power vs critical damage statwise, under assumptions on my playstyle.

To answer your original question: Divinity’s is just much better than undead. You get more stats overall, and 12% critical damage on top of it. You can make up for the condition damage loss through stacking might and +10 condition dmg per kill.

@Ljiona

That was a fun fight :d

@FannonCodder
Yeah going back to playing thief and warrior has been exponentially simpler and more boring. There really isn’t much thought process needed for those 2 classes.
If you saw my recent video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wettu6MqNI&feature=plcp

At 11:30, 26:00, 27:30, etc. I pulled off some pretty epic random tricks out of my —- and it worked out really well. I can’t really do that with a warrior or thief b/c there’s just no room for versatility there.

High skill / input = high reward :P

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

(edited by daphoenix.4283)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hjulstad.6317

Hjulstad.6317

Thanks first of all for showing that “melee” ele is very much Viable! I have been playing guardian pretty much all the Time since release and tried several vbuilds and weapons and i ofc like the guardian.. But i was not 100% loving it.. I never liked ranged combat so when i decided to roll an alt i was first between thief and warrior, but kitten they are boring imo.. So tried ele and but got turned of abit by all the “prepare to die in 2 hits lol” talk.. But I find it soooo fun now that ive gotten more levels and got inspired and motivated by your vids! Thanks!!

Member of TUP
@
Aurora Glade

in Elementalist

Posted by: Negis.5176

Negis.5176

After playing warrior for a while, starting an elementalist has been an interesting and different kind of experience. I’d like to thank @daphoenix for inspiration and share couple of thoughts from my journies so far.

D/D Elementalist is definitely a fun way to level in pve, lot’s of damage, lot’s of tricks, but it’s a rough start. The build which as been discussed in this thread is based a lot on the boons and abilities you gain from traits, so early on you don’t have any of these. This becomes quickly apparent as the play style looks so fun with dashing in and massive aoe, which get you dead (note: Burning Speed into an Elite and adds = down before animation completes), but don’t despair.

It took me the first 10 levels to figure out what the different elements really do (it’s not as black and white as “aoe stance” “dot stance”…) and the next 10 to start to understand how they work in combination and get comfortable with cycling through the elements. At the same time I learned how to keep just the right distance from enemies to handle incoming damage, so groups and elites become manageable quite quickly.

For leveling I would highly recommend specking your first 10 points into Earth and picking Earth’s Embrace major, the survivability you get from this crucial. After that either Arcane for more utility or Water for survivability, depending on how comfortable you feel. For gear I would recommend going all Toughness or Vitality before level 25.
My reasoning is that you can already travel very fast with the base skills from daggers and the air attuned heal. Also your base damage with daggers is pretty high and you get 100 condition from Earth to boost burns and bleeds further. So the only thing you need is to stay alive, so I would suggest focusing fully on that. It will all even out and start to flow better after 25 or so levels, at which point you can go any which way you want.

It really is a fun way to play this game, high risk and reward with a lot of utility on the side. Embrace the complexity, experiment and push your boundaries. Soon enough one more add will just feel like more the merrier

in Elementalist

FannonCodder.1286

@daphoenix

Simple is an understatement i have been watching the video as well, greats stuff!

on another note, I posted awhile back about trying to find the right food and such. The problem was trying to find a list that made it easy to find what I really wanted.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Dacromir/Food

This is the best list that I have found, hands down!

Foods that standout:

Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew - 100% Chance to gain might on dodge +40% Endurance regeneration

Plate of Fire Flank Steak +100 Power +70 Condition damage

Rare Veggie Pizza +40% Condition duration +70 Condition damage

Bowl of Orrian Truffle Soup +100 Condition damage +70 Vitality

Loaf of Omnomberry Bread +100 Vitality +70 Toughness

Mango Pie - Gain health every second +70 vitality

Omnomberry Cookie +100 Healing power +70 Vitality

Omnomberry Bar +30% Magic find +40% Gold from monsters

I couldn’t find anything with condition and healing, which would be awesome but that is ok… Omnomberry Bar is more for farming, But the top three stand out to me with the stew being one that you could really stack the might for the extra damage. I tested it with a lesser version and it only gave one stack but was still nice. The issue is see is that you could get more power from the steak, but with the +40% End regen you could dodge more and thus lead to more Evasive Arcane procs.

Veggie Pizza would be great for the fire burns and earth bleeds.

Mango Pie for just surviving

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Something I do not see a lot of people doing in WvW. If you do not die a lot because you have a tanky build, you can get a cheap alternate weapon, put a sigil that builds power or condition damage on it, and go kill wolves. Once you get to 25 charges, switch to your main. This allows me the freedom to run a different sigil on my main weapon.

I pretty much get an extra 250 condition damage that way. Since I do not die much, it isn’t that bad to get the 25 charges. I have to do it only a few times a night which I don’t mind. The junk I get from mobs gives me some extra silver. Note: you can only have charges for one stat. I already tried to get power, condition, and healing

Looks like I need to work on my cooking also. Some of those look pretty good. Sure beats the +20 viltality bread I been using.

P.S. I decided to roll an elementalist. It is fun flying around but trying to get past the lower levels is rough. Nothing like being downed by a catapult in one shot. It is starting to get better though as I get my water traits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RawkFist.1935

RawkFist.1935

@daphoenix

You sir are a major credit to this community! I’m really glad you posted your d/d build & gear as well as showing how well it does in PVE. I’m not much of a PvP’er nor do I have much motivation to be one. I enjoy the PvE aspect engaging mostly in the dungeons. That being said, I fear the d/d build isn’t much help there because it seems as though it forces you to become range. Do you carry an emergency staff on you?

Also, will you be striving to get any legendary weapons, and if so, what?

Thanks!

in Elementalist

FannonCodder.1286

@daphoenix

Watched the entire vid and must say it was great! Good job with the voice over and then slowing it down as well to really explain and show what was going on.

Also you said you were able to Stomp in mist form!? Cool if you can, kinda reminds me of using haste with a thief,

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Hjulstad

Thanks for support

@Negis
Personally I prefer putting the first 10 points in air for zephys boon, so I can get perma swiftness (I like to get to places faster :P)

@FannonCodder
O.o didn’t know about all those different types of food and effects! Thanks for the info

@Ljiona
I had considered doing that, but b/c of my play style I tend to die a lot from ramboing too hard. Plus I’m too lazy to swap weapons anyways :P

@Rawkfist
I do carry a backup staff (b/c in WvW there are times where staff is more useful, such as large zerg battles). Sometimes I prefer not to run into a large battle with D/D since i can get way more tokens using minimal efforts with a staff in large battles.

My emergency staff at the moment is “The legend”. That answers your next question, I am going for bifrost :P. The incinerator (dagger) is kinda meh, plus both the incinerator and the bifrost cost about the same when there finally made.

@Fannon
You can also take that even further out.
Armor of earth (stability) to prevent rangers, warriors, guardians, necros, etc from interupting you while you stomp
Lightning flash to port right next to the thief as he tries to port interrupt your stomp

Also I made a long thread reply to
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/How-do-you-stop-perma-stealth-Thieves/first#post603238 >If you want a indepth explanation to counter permastealth thieves

and
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Key-bindings-a-question-about-power-vs-condition-damage/first#post619957

if you want to learn more about keybinding techniques

I’ll probably make a user guide on all the complicated stuff you need to know as an ele
=P. I might teach myself how to make a website and stick it on there too, but I don’t know where to start with that :S

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lopsang.2763

Lopsang.2763

I run a nearly identical build – with some slight modifications.

I went with clerics jewelry & carrion armor as I prefer the slightly more toughness / healing that combo provides.

I also run 10 earth/ 30 water / 30 arcane. I’m surprised you gave up the auto armor of earth unless I missed something and this skill is bugged?

Lastly, I run scepter / dagger for two reasons:
1. The extra range is nice
2. Water trident is an amazing heal, I find it to be vastly superior to cone of cold.

Number 2 is the real game changer, however I do miss the utility from dagger main hand that you lose with scepter.

Overall this build is fantastic and really makes the class more pleasurable to play.

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Lopsang
This is my original build

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.1.0.13.0.11.0.34.0.2.10.11.9.24.8.7.6.0.0.0.16.0.0.33.0.0.48.50.0.64.65.71.0.10.10.20.30

This is my new setup
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.1.0.13.0.11.0.34.0.3.10.11.9.24.8.7.6.0.0.0.16.0.0.0.0.0.48.50.56.66.65.71.0.10.0.30.30

I changed arcana final shielding at 25% hp to 33% chance to gain vigor on crits
I changed out the 10 earth and stuck 10 into water and picked “Cleansing water” trait.

Statwise
10 additional water gives +100 vitality and +100 healing power
10 additional earth gives +100 toughness and +100 condition damage

In WvW and PvP, the major difference is that in Wv3, I need more burst healing since I’m going to be charging into the frontlines. I also need perma swiftness up in WvW more often than in PvP since I’m going to be running around more. Therefore, I need glyph of elemental harmony for its 12extra seconds of swiftness and burst healing for WvW and PvE, and signet of restoration for HP sustainability in PvP.

Onto your question:
I took out 10 earth for an additional 10 water for the following reasons:
-Armor of earth is nice, but if I can sustain myself above 50% hp in most situations, why do I need it?
-I prefer to activate armor of earth manually so that I can free stomp without being interupted, and channel without being interupted. So an automatic armor of earth does not work in my favor
-10 extra water gives 2% extra dmg per boon, and an additional method to cleanse conditions. the 2% extra dmg per boon is extremely useful, especially coupled with runes such as 2 superior runes of monk (15% extra boon duration) and 2 superior runes of water (additional 15% extra boon duration). I find myself stacking 4-5 boons every now and then, and I always have atleast 2 boons up (vigor and might are always up in battle). Other boons such as regeneration, swiftness, and fury are up most of the battle as well, so that gives a total of 5 possible boons unless I’m missing one. 10% extra damage overall to all attunements makes a big difference in battle.
-The cleansing water trait is very nice as well, as this gives you, as this gives me many more means to remove conditions. From this trait, I gain several additional methods to remove conditions by gaining regeneration:
1. Attuning to water grants regeneration, from arcana 5, so I remove condition
2. Casting Glyph of elemental harmony grants regeneration under water attunement
3-5. Casting any cantrip utilities grants regeneration due to water 3 trait.

There might be additional methods of removing conditions off this trait, as it states that giving regeneration to allies removes conditions as well. But the 5 methods above to additionally remove conditions counters any condition builds out there.

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sniser.1297

Sniser.1297

@Lopsang
This is my original build

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.1.0.13.0.11.0.34.0.2.10.11.9.24.8.7.6.0.0.0.16.0.0.33.0.0.48.50.0.64.65.71.0.10.10.20.30

This is my new setup
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.1.0.13.0.11.0.34.0.3.10.11.9.24.8.7.6.0.0.0.16.0.0.0.0.0.48.50.56.66.65.71.0.10.0.30.30

I changed arcana final shielding at 25% hp to 33% chance to gain vigor on crits
I changed out the 10 earth and stuck 10 into water and picked “Cleansing water” trait.

Statwise
10 additional water gives +100 vitality and +100 healing power
10 additional earth gives +100 toughness and +100 condition damage

In WvW and PvP, the major difference is that in Wv3, I need more burst healing since I’m going to be charging into the frontlines. I also need perma swiftness up in WvW more often than in PvP since I’m going to be running around more. Therefore, I need glyph of elemental harmony for its 12extra seconds of swiftness and burst healing for WvW and PvE, and signet of restoration for HP sustainability in PvP.

Onto your question:
I took out 10 earth for an additional 10 water for the following reasons:
-Armor of earth is nice, but if I can sustain myself above 50% hp in most situations, why do I need it?
-I prefer to activate armor of earth manually so that I can free stomp without being interupted, and channel without being interupted. So an automatic armor of earth does not work in my favor
-10 extra water gives 2% extra dmg per boon, and an additional method to cleanse conditions. the 2% extra dmg per boon is extremely useful, especially coupled with runes such as 2 superior runes of monk (15% extra boon duration) and 2 superior runes of water (additional 15% extra boon duration). I find myself stacking 4-5 boons every now and then, and I always have atleast 2 boons up (vigor and might are always up in battle). Other boons such as regeneration, swiftness, and fury are up most of the battle as well, so that gives a total of 5 possible boons unless I’m missing one. 10% extra damage overall to all attunements makes a big difference in battle.
-The cleansing water trait is very nice as well, as this gives you, as this gives me many more means to remove conditions. From this trait, I gain several additional methods to remove conditions by gaining regeneration:
1. Attuning to water grants regeneration, from arcana 5, so I remove condition
2. Casting Glyph of elemental harmony grants regeneration under water attunement
3-5. Casting any cantrip utilities grants regeneration due to water 3 trait.

There might be additional methods of removing conditions off this trait, as it states that giving regeneration to allies removes conditions as well. But the 5 methods above to additionally remove conditions counters any condition builds out there.

I have the exactly the same build with the same traits. The difference im more focused on crit dmg with my items 2400 armor 26% crit(without fury) 56 dmg crit.
what I find really important its several elementalist got to the same conclusion, what build they like.

Since people in MvM is usually using full berserker they will have half hp after a half combo(some firegrab miss and things like that) a full combo will kill them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rukiel.4920

Rukiel.4920

Just came to say that love this build and going to follow more this post and cool videos

First i thought that ele is just glass cannon and hard to master, but overall this has been most enjoyable class i have been playing so far

Me and my guildmaster(guardian) have had very good laughs and epic fights when we push trough the zerg and others following and taking confused front line

Officer/Commander Of Finnish [DYE]
Gandara EU
[DYE] Youtube

(edited by Rukiel.4920)

in Elementalist

NdranC.5107

@daphoenix

Do you really think Signet of Restoration is better for spvp without Written in Stone? Specially because it seems GoEH has more heals and faster under water.

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Sniser
Yea this is a fairly common setup. You could replace some of that tankiness you have into more DPS, but I like surviving longer= P

@Rukiel
Thanks for liking this

@Ndran
GoEH is definitely better underwater, as you cannot cast as many spells as quickly underwater as you do on land. Plus you should never fight underwater, elementalists have one of the worst underwater combat situations.

I prefer SoR for sPvP and WvW now, after using my new armor / gear setup. I also am running full boon duration armor instead of divinities (Divinities cost way toomuch, I dont feel like wasting money) and I found that boon duration armor is really handy. I can maintain perma swiftness primarily using only shocking aura, swapping to air attunement, and frost aura with the extra boon duration from runes.

Use SoR/ GoEH above land, and always GoEH underwater as your default.

GoEH should always be used as your underwater utility heal. You can have a different utility heal above land, and underwater. GoEH has a .5second cast time underwater as opposed to 1.25 on land. So GoEH is definitely a great way to heal since SoR is never really casted, so just popping underwater for a few seconds to cast it while running is a good idea.

Also if you cast GoEH underwater, the CD recharge time is shared with the SoR above land.

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

NdranC.5107

I meant GoEH under water attunement. My bad. i still got the answer I was looking for though. Thx.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

Are you still using cleric jewelry with PVT armor and weapons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jackrum.2038

Jackrum.2038

And the rune setup 2xEarth 2xWater 2xMonk?

in Elementalist

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

>Initiate with Air 4 (RoTL), and then Air 5 (updraft). Use air 3. Switch to fire, use fire 3 followed by fire 4, then fire 5, and then fire 2. Use arcane blast in Ring of Fire (fire 4 skill), and switch to earth to apply a cripple (cover condition for fire) and cast earth 4 followed by earth 2. Cast earth 5, enemy should be running away by now, then use lightning flash as its ending to his position. Switch to water, cast Water 4 , water 3 (to slow him and cover condition the bleed), water 1 (cover condition), and water 2 in order. Cast water 5 and utility 6 if needed. Switch to air, finish them off with air4, air2, and air1.

What do you mean by cover condition?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nvmvoidrays.2158

nvmvoidrays.2158

@ BrazenNL: he means use the chill to protect the bleed from getting cleansed off.

in Elementalist

Posted by: bgaborr.9847

bgaborr.9847

Hi! Thx for your vids and descriptions! I really love them and I appreciate your support.
My question: I have reached the 260.000 karma and I would like to buy one of the exotic “cathedral” sets (42k/piece). Which one would you suggest for pvp on WvW, which is the closest to your build? I dont want to change the original added runes either. This set would be my “starter” wvw set until I craft/buy a similar set to yours.
Sorry for my bad english. Thx ;-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

@ BrazenNL: he means use the chill to protect the bleed from getting cleansed off.

Yeah, what threw me off was switch to earth to apply a cripple. Had me going through traits to see how I could get a spell from attuning. Prolly meant a dodge roll from Evasive Arcana.

Thanks!

in Elementalist

nvmvoidrays.2158

Hi! Thx for your vids and descriptions! I really love them and I appreciate your support.
My question: I have reached the 260.000 karma and I would like to buy one of the exotic “cathedral” sets (42k/piece). Which one would you suggest for pvp on WvW, which is the closest to your build? I dont want to change the original added runes either. This set would be my “starter” wvw set until I craft/buy a similar set to yours.
Sorry for my bad english. Thx ;-)

definitely get the PVT (power/vitality/toughness) set. however, i’m pretty sure that you need to buy separate pieces to fill all six slots with PVT gear.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jackrum.2038

Jackrum.2038

Yes, you have to buy seperatet sets and you will find no legs with PVT, WvW or Ascalion is the only choice left.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Enlight.4576

Enlight.4576

@Lopsang

That’s exactly what I base my build on, boons.
The only difference that I keep 6 buffs up adding protection, and keeping it almost perma up with earth rune, spamming auras (with trait V of 10 earth) and healing in earth stance.
That ends up in having a 6 perma buffs, add dealing +12% dmg by water 25 and 33% resist dmg during 90% of the battle.

I’ve tried that in sPvP because I lack of gear in WvW and it works really great, I’ve still to lose a 1v1 since I tried this build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Decair.9045

Decair.9045

Awesome video – great job!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aurum.9534

Aurum.9534

Im sorry I couldnt understand all that this build the 10 Air, 10 Earth 20 Water and Arcane are for PVP and what else?

in Elementalist

Posted by: OmegaAlpha.9086

OmegaAlpha.9086

@daphoenix

You should do an elementalist guide like the person that did this guardian guide.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-PVE-Guardian-101-A-Beginner-s-Text

Unless you don’t want to give away all your secrets, or have the time.

hehe when are you going to put up that frog forest fight that you did vs 8 people?

in Elementalist

Aurum.9534

Again sorry having a hard time following, what build is this?

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

@Jackrum

I’m running atm

2 superior rune of water
2 major rune of water
2 superior rune of monk

@bgaborr
you should get PVT armor from AC dungeon as nvmvoidray said/jackrum said

@Aurum
Its 10 air, 30 water, 30 arcana

@OmegaAlpha
Not right now :P. I just uploaded part 2 of my first series, its still processing on youtube atm. I had 2-3 other epic videos before that I gotta post :P.
Pretty sure I was fighting 6 people there, but I lost count after awhile
I’ll st art making a guide like that in a new thread =P

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

in Elementalist

nvmvoidrays.2158

@daphoenix: that’s an… interesting combo. why not get a 6 set bonus (or a 4 and 2)? is the extra boon duration really that good? ’cuz, that combo gives you an extra 45% boon duration (iirc).

(edited by nvmvoidrays.2158)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phen.3078

Phen.3078

@daphoenix very nice build, u inspired me to leave scepter/dagger behind
I didn’t notice you doing it, so just wanted to tell you that you can switch attunement while casting a spell without interrupting it. Obviously talking about earth 5, changing attunement before fully casted can maybe give you an additional half of a second to your already incredible speed – maybe even decide a battle sometimes…

in Elementalist

Hagnefelt.1286

@daphoenix

What happened with the divinity runes plan?

in Elementalist

Aurum.9534

The 10,30,30 thats for pvp?
Then what is the 10 Air, 10 Earth 20 Water and Arcane for?

in Elementalist

Aurum.9534

Hey Vaerah,

My build is 10 air 20 earth 30 water and 20 arcana.
10 air> zephy’s boon
10 earth> earth’s embrace
20 water >soothing disruption, cleansing wave
20 arcana > elemental attunement , arcane shielding

The last 10 points are optional, but the above 60 points I feel are vital to any tanking/roaming/aoe dps build.

I put my last 10 points in either water, earth or arcane
For water> cleansing water
For arcana> evasive arcana
For earth> stone splitters

Armor
Full Doylaks
PvP Soldier’s amulet

Weapons
Dagger 5% dmg
Dagger +10 power per kill

I will put a more in depth guide later/reasoning as to why I picked skills/traits/armor/weapons with PvP tips and tricks as an elementalist/general PvP tips.

another video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB28MHUs18A&feature=youtu.be

This build looks nice, but what if you put in the ten extra points into air? To increase crit damage and cirt chance. And what were the utility skills?

(edited by Aurum.9534)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

Aurum the post you copy/pasted is the old build. (But it will still work if you want to use it) If you do, I would put the extra 10 points into water for cleansing water or arcane for evasive arcana. Both are really nice.

daphoenix is now running a 0/10/0/30/30

I run a 0/0/10/30/30 but may swap to his new build. I find in wvw I need speed, and lots of it. There is never enough swiftness. Also, giving up the armor of earth at 50% health will force me to actually use my cantrip of armor of earth a lot more which is a good thing. Right now I mist form and lightning flash a lot, but forget I have the armor of earth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: WAL.3795

WAL.3795

Daphoenix, thanks for all the info.

I am currently running the older build of 10air/10earth/20water/30arcane, and notice that Earth’s Embrace is quite useless as you say because reaching 50% HP mark does not happen often, and I am considering taking your advice on putting that into water.

Would you say the Rune of Earth/Water/Monk is better than Divinity in this case due to the water grandmaster minor trait for 2% damage per boon? does the extra boon duration also compensate of the stats points lost (mainly concerned on the lost of stats on toughness, crit damage, and conditional damage) without the divinity rune?

thanks

in Elementalist

Aurum.9534

@Bleeds

I am currrently running 0/0/10/30/30 too. Ill try the 0/10/0/30/30 build too, but what should I put down for traits, like what specifically?

in Elementalist

daphoenix.4283

bumping this cause some reason I can’t edit my own post without bumping it. Little confused on how to edit my own posts sometimes (doesn’t seem to work most of the time…)

@nvmvoidrays
Its an extra 40% boon duration. 10% from major rune of water (2). 15% from superior rune of monk (2). 15% from superior rune of water (2).

@Phen
Thanks for the advice:P. I actually already do this alot, but sometimes I find staying on earth is sometimes better while casting churning earth. Usually I wanna chain that earth with a earth 4 to stun my enemies followed by earth 2 for added CC effects.

I do however, change attunements when stomping if I don’t use mistform. I also tend to swap attunements while casting fire2, and water2.

@Hagnefelt
I don’t feel like wasting money, and quite frankly I found the boon duration to be extremely useful.

@Aurum
Its for both

@Bleeds
That 10 air trait is vital for roaming as it gives you perma swiftness

@WAL
Yes that is exactly the reason why. The 2% dmg per boon comes in handy, and that makes up for the loss in stats from divinity’s runes. Also I usually maintain 16-25 stacks of might in battle thanks to the extra boon duration. Boon duration is actually amazing after trying it out.

@Aurum
I put it on my first post. Its in the link, it shows all the traits I use.

I just uploaded part 2 of my commentary videos. It’s uploading on youtube atm, so it’ll be up tomorrow probably. I’m trying to start a gaming guide / tutorial website b/c the forum functions for making guides is kind of limited, I don’t really know much about making website, so any help would be nice (I’m looking at you website makers out there =P)

I finished the basics of my first elementalist guide. Not sure if I should put it on this thread, or make a new one, or stick it on a website once I make it. what do you guys think?

jk, it uploaded faster than I thought. Apparently youtube doesn’t like wmv files>_>

Fort Aspenwood [EXC]

(edited by daphoenix.4283)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

Hey Daphoenix,

Are you still using PVT armor with cleric jewelry?

Thanks!

in Elementalist

Posted by: reQuiem.5986

reQuiem.5986

HA! Glad to see you went my route with the Boon Duration Runes and dropped Divinity, daphoenix .

Anyways, I might change to 30 water as well…not sure..need to test it out some more to see which I like.

BTW – whats everyone thoughts on Healing Power?? Is it just me or does it not scale as well as the other stats? If so, perhaps more CD jewelry would be better…just a thought. Will test HP differences in Mist later.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Srebrna.8971

Srebrna.8971

@reQuiem
I’m currently confused with Healing Power as well, couldn’t find enough info on calculation. “Healing Power – Comes from gear. Each point of healing power adds 0.125 healing for Regeneration and 0.06 healing for rejuvenation. It also affects active healing skills, but it is not know by how much at this time.”
Stat wise, when I first added healing power to be ~300 it was working awesome, then I added some more and got to ~500 which doesn’t seem too impressive in practice. Didn’t test in Mist, though.