Tempest is simply the worst

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Title says it all. Its uninteresting and doesn’t offer compelling unique gameplay. Overloads directly contradict the base mechanic of swapping attunements. Dont turn this class into necro please.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Thanks for your feedback!

So why shouldn’t a spec open up a playstyle similar to Necromancer for the Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yes, that’s sort of the point. The Overload option is about subverting the default playstyle, exchanging the current rotation for a longer and ideally more impactful rotation (it’s not quite there yet).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Yes, that’s sort of the point. The Overload option is about subverting the default playstyle, exchanging the current rotation for a longer and ideally more impactful rotation (it’s not quite there yet).

The problem with this is that overloads themselves conradict minor traits in every single ele core spec. All current ele specs have attunement swap traits and those are invalidated. The solution to this is to have these traits activate upon overloading as well, that way we lose less by specing into tempest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Oh you trolls …
We already have been playing Tempest since release as it is exactly the same gameplay as the D/D or D/F auramancer. Complete failure of what was supposed to be offered.

Overload is going to as popular as Necromancer corruption abilities and will only likely be used by accident when you wanted to just verify you were in a specific attunement and then lock yourself out of it for a long cooldown.

Also, what the hell does anything the Tempest do have to do with the name Tempest?

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Ohoni.6057

The problem with this is that overloads themselves conradict minor traits in every single ele core spec. All current ele specs have attunement swap traits and those are invalidated. The solution to this is to have these traits activate upon overloading as well, that way we lose less by specing into tempest.

Perhaps. I don’t think “it invalidates minor traits” should necessarily determine how elite specs are made though. I think that an elite spec should be capable of absolutely junking several existing traitlines if it works out overall. They do need to take it into account though, and should just make it WORTH ignoring those benefits. After all, counting the Elite spec, you’d only be getting at most two of those anyways, so just consider "ok, those are a complete waste, so how can we make what you do get WORTH that waste? I take it the current version does not measure up to that standard, but it could with some tweaks.

We already have been playing Tempest since release as it is exactly the same gameplay as the D/D or D/F auramancer. Complete failure of what was supposed to be offered.

If it were the exact same then we wouldn’t be getting so many complaints about how much worse it is.

Tempest lives or dies on whether they can make Overload an attractive option. If people don’t want to Overload, they aren’t likely to take up the spec at all, so I doubt it’ll often happen by accident.

Also, what the hell does anything the Tempest do have to do with the name Tempest?

Two things, one, it uses the warhorn weapon, which has connotations of winds and “storm calling” and other lore elements, and effects that are rather “stormy,” and two, Overloading puts the player at the eye of their own personal storm, metaphorically speaking, where everything surrounding them gets caught up in the vortex. The implementation is a bit lackluster, apparently, but the concept is sound.

done by now.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Im not sure this will work in reality,but with overloaded attunements you can have perma protection for -50% dmg reduction + aditiona aura of your choice + heal + if its frost aura its -60% dmg are you kidding me ?
Tempest bad?
Im only theory crafting buts this should be pretty hard tempest to kill,with amazing team support…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodncMANOgVYCeOA8RgFRAzttGXzrDBgBQCs4F0ATBA-TJRHAB3eCAUqMQQ7PAwDAAA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

60% damage reduction do not affect condi, and you have no condi clear (you should swap useless rock solid for cdr on #4earth cause cleansing fire alone won’t be enough)
+
your 100% uptime is based on crappy overload that will be interrupted, you’ll never trigger Unstable conduit cause Tempest is poorly designed

So let’s assume we swap stone heart for diamond skill (cause it’s a skilled trait Keepo), not a stupid change considering power build are supposed to not deal that much with 50-60% damage reduction.
You’ll never be able to maitain yourself at 90%. Once you took 1CC, you’re dead. No healing ripple no life (elemental bastion do not compensate this loss). Last but not least: Overload perfectly counter SoR …. even more counter-sinergy in tempest

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Thats it. I must be worth the exchange. It semmst to compete with arcane line. It would be even better if it offers the option to leave water and for that it needs condi removal . In addition basline speed will allow build flexibility. Both would be easy to add.
Add 25% base speed to speedy conduit or make it unique a 33% base speed for a great tempest feeling.
Exchange frost aura on element bastion for condi removal on aura aplikation.

And here you have a viable support class with overloads for fun.
This would be real reasons to use tempest and allow a good number of builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Last but not least: Overload perfectly counter SoR …. even more counter-sinergy in tempest

True, but that is the least of the spec’s problems. Not every build needs to incorporate SoR, there are other choices for healing skills that can be used.

in Elementalist

deda.8302

Well yeah you are right cast times are incredibly long ,but since its jus testing i hope it will be changed,just cd increasment is enough of a penalty for over loading.

But i dont understand why so fus about" its nothing new" ,i mean so far all classes get same thing in lil bit different package…
Only mesmer and wr have something completly different to look forward to,and honestly dragon hunter is way worse than tempest

Sure warhorn is disapointment but they didnt bother to change focus or scepter for 3 years .
Im trying to find a part that i could enjoy ,and it does honestly offer an escape from ussual water -arcane duo.

It looks to me that they tried to create -earth-water -arcane hybrid in this trait line,and put more epmpahsis on wht ANET thinks ele should do in this game,and that is team support and heals.
If how ever cast times stay this exagerated i dont think many if any will use it since effecta do not justify that long cast time (execpt aura thing wich is bit op)

This is the impression that i have since they created new specialization instead of old trait lines ,which i liked better ,is that they wont to push classes in to certain rolles…

To be completly honest i will wait till realese to buy this hot extension since its kitten effort from ANET to make some more gold, but even kitten its still best game on market so far.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

If it were the exact same then we wouldn’t be getting so many complaints about how much worse it is.

Tempest lives or dies on whether they can make Overload an attractive option. If people don’t want to Overload, they aren’t likely to take up the spec at all, so I doubt it’ll often happen by accident.

It’s worse in that you are pigeon holed even further into requiring Soldier runes in order to get the Shout cleansing that was normally provided by Cantrips. It’s also worse in that it doesn’t have the mobility that cantrips offered (Mist Form / Lightning Flash) since you are compelled by the build to go with shouts.

Regardless, it is by no means a new playstyle that the new builds of every other class has provided them. There is nothing new outside of Overload which is fundamentally flawed in that it locks us out of our class defining feature of total available abilities.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

deda.8302

And sorry back to build with some changes it could turn out to be good ,like taking armor of earth to give yourself time to cast overloads.
But even if never overload and play it saefly mostly in earth you will be hard to kill due to elemental conitgency + elemental attunement 10sec prot(so no need to overload)and earthen proxy+ earth it self (+180toght)will give perma protection.
Im not sure if you can bite protection buff with just starting and cancelling overload cats,if you can))

Further mor ele,bastion is not so useles even if you dont overload since you can cast auras you self, and i choose focus OH for its reflection+ invurn and swirling winds

I used to play soldier ele with similar set up and Ds and was prety hard to kill

So trust me it wont be so easy to pass that 10% border of Ds with -50% dmg and than you can just chose arcane briliance or ether renewal as heals.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

This isn’t feedback that falls on deaf ears. Funny I haven’t heard more suggestions to apply some of the “swap” bonuses to “overload” bonuses, i.e. make a Tempest trait that procs current obtained swap traits on overload usage or even pulsing said effect 3 times during the channel (since you won’t get that swap effect for 3 iterations’ time).

It’s definitely worth suggesting to see what people think of such possibilities.

in Elementalist

Ohoni.6057

There are all sorts of possible tweaks, which is why I assume we haven’t heard much out of the devs on the class. They don’t like “shooting the breeze” with the players about random maybes, they typically only talk to use when they have something conceived, implemented, and internally tested and they’re at least somewhat happy with the result. I imagine at least most of the stuff we’ve been talking about, they’ve been talking about, in many cases before we thought of it, but either haven’t decided on the best solution yet, or just haven’t gotten it running yet.

done by now.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

It’s worse in that you are pigeon holed even further into requiring Soldier runes in order to get the Shout cleansing that was normally provided by Cantrips. It’s also worse in that it doesn’t have the mobility that cantrips offered (Mist Form / Lightning Flash) since you are compelled by the build to go with shouts.

Regardless, it is by no means a new playstyle that the new builds of every other class has provided them. There is nothing new outside of Overload which is fundamentally flawed in that it locks us out of our class defining feature of total available abilities.

Don’t try, he still believes the issue lies in overloads neglecting the horror of tempest spec line. It’s hard to argue with someone who thinks that cleaving two targets is as efficient as cleaving 3 or even 5 targets.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

There are all sorts of possible tweaks, which is why I assume we haven’t heard much out of the devs on the class. They don’t like “shooting the breeze” with the players about random maybes, they typically only talk to use when they have something conceived, implemented, and internally tested and they’re at least somewhat happy with the result.

Think about it: they did this for the “vanilla” tempest
See the result

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Ohoni.6057

Think about it: they did this for the “vanilla” tempest
See the result

One, we don’t know exactly how happy everyone was with the BWE Tempest, remember that it’s still beta, and it’s possible they just figured they had enough to throw it at people. The first playable Rev had only two Legends, then three, BWE1 had only the four, I doubt they were like “Tempest is perfect now, let’s show her off to the players!” It’s an iterative process.

I grant that the Tempest might not launch in a state that everyone will love, but I think it’ll launch in a very good state, one that is useful and balanced, and if it’s still not good enough then they can improve it. I think that by launch, most Ele players will consider using at least parts of the Tempest spec, if not the entire build, and by Christmas or so it’ll be well regarded.

The only people that will forever be unhappy with the spec are those that were just looking for something else entirely, like the Sniper Thieves, because I highly doubt that ANet will make the Tempest radically different in function. There will be other elite specs to come later though. I’m still hoping for my OH pistol spec.

Things I feel fairly confident about the launch Tempest, from most confident to least:

• It will keep Overloads and Warhorn.
  • They will still lengthen attunement CDs.
  • They will still be PBAoEs
  • They will become higher DPS sources
  • If not, they will become higher support pumpers, maybe both.
  • They will add new effects to Overloads to make them cooler looking.
  • They will become more resistant to interrupt
  • The traits will change to provide more focused build options.
  • The Elite spec will have some serious changes in effect, like whole new types of effects.
  • The Elite skill will be dropped entirely and replaced with something completely different.
  • Shouts will see noteworthy effect changes.
  • Warhorn would have more traitable options to make it stronger, if you spec into it.
  • Overloads will get mobile elemental combo fields.
done by now.”

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Great if that happens.

Greetings

Wolf

PS:
I still wish for baseline permaswiftness :-).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am still of the mind that d/d aura tempest is going to be a real thing in wvw and spvp.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYncMAFOgdOAWYCcYilHAzdymZ/sEDhgQLQIAcAahA-TFyHABKfCAESJViq/wkSwhUu4meAR2fAgHAQAAEgdWnBwRP6RP6RPaDdo7co7cnlCgJtWA-w

Though i must say there may be something with the get endurent when you swap to water high “spec for def” yet build for dmg build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYncMAFOgdOAWYCcYilHAzdymZ/sEDhgQLQIAcAahA-TFyHABKfCAESJViq/wkSwhUu4meAR2fAgHAQAAEgdWnBwRP6RP6RPaDdo7co7cnlCgJtWA-w

Just thinking giving tempest endureset may be a thing pushing an tempest d/d into more of a thf like class.

Any way tempest not going to be the worst odds are duride is hehe.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

A point that should be brought up a bit more often actually. Tempest implies storms, but currently the only “storminess” is the fire overload, and we all know how much overloads suck.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Ohoni.6057

A point that should be brought up a bit more often actually. Tempest implies storms, but currently the only “storminess” is the fire overload, and we all know how much overloads suck.

/sigh.

“It’s a metaphor.”

done by now.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Argol Vazin.3061

Argol Vazin.3061

/sigh.

“It’s a metaphor.”

do not go there. That is incredibly stupid.

Chronomancer Chrono (Time) Mancer (Manipulation) thats what they do
Beserker Is a very fitting name
Daredevil, could also use acrobat but it suits
Herald: Could also have been oracle, but it is themed around A prophet, so herald is a fitting name
Reaper: A melee focused necro with an actual reaper form. can;t get any more fitting then that.

Tempest has nothing to do with storms. the teaser image and the worhorn alone should be evident that Tempest is supposed to be storm based. but it isn’t. you have no defense to these facts.

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

/sigh.

“It’s a metaphor.”

A metaphor for what? Group melee support with shouts? Unlike every other elite spec, there is absolutely no theme with this elite. Not to mention the base clase already had storm-like spells.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I dont play ele nor own HoT, i only have information by watching streammers and im not happy how this classes are being designed, they are not bringing anything new to the game, just some more of the same with another name….

Nerf cele d/d performance(for a more balanced fight) and make overload a big boost skill similar how death shrowd works, but on ele while overboosting the selected element while is not atuned to other, it is like ele dd would loose that gimmick build but would win a very good skill, i would not mind if overload becomes a bit OP, it is their elemental elite specialization after all…

For what ic on some stream tempest doesn’t had anything new nor from previous gw1 gameplays into gw2.

Are these new elite weapon/specs designed to work only on HoT pve, and barelly usable on the rest of the game???

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I still think Tempest is an awesome spec, improving ele variety, and totally worth to take :p

M I L K B O I S

in Elementalist

Argol Vazin.3061

I still think Tempest is an awesome spec, improving ele variety, and totally worth to take :p

Not sure if serious

If so….you clearly have no understanding of gameplay and mechanics

if not… uhh…good for you?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It is terrible at pretty much everything except bunkering up. I don’t see why someone would want to use it once the “wow-it’s-new-factor” wears off.

It needs much improvement, but even then, it will be improvements on a pretty bad concept implementation. Why does the elite profession has nothing to do with the concept art?

in Elementalist

Argol Vazin.3061

I dont play ele nor own HoT, i only have information by watching streammers and im not happy how this classes are being designed, they are not bringing anything new to the game, just some more of the same with another name….

Nerf cele d/d performance(for a more balanced fight) and make overload a big boost skill similar how death shrowd works, but on ele while overboosting the selected element while is not atuned to other, it is like ele dd would loose that gimmick build but would win a very good skill, i would not mind if overload becomes a bit OP, it is their elemental elite specialization after all…

For what ic on some stream tempest doesn’t had anything new nor from previous gw1 gameplays into gw2.

Are these new elite weapon/specs designed to work only on HoT pve, and barelly usable on the rest of the game???

if you don’t play ele then certainly don’t suggest anything to do with nerfing. you have no basis of your own to share a factual opinion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Not sure if serious

Im totally serious and I have total understanding of the ele core mechanics. Tempest needs one change, and its the first 5s before overloading an attunement. If we can get rid of this sometimes you can even overload attunements worthly.

M I L K B O I S

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

You must be new to gw2, or are pve only. No way are you ever going to overload versus decent players without getting interrupted or simply avoided. the 20 cd on interrupt also usually means you’re dead.

It’s a really horrible mechanic in current form, worse than ranger’s pet, and that’s saying something.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Is it too late to change some of the warhorn skills and make the weapon more focused upon cc/dmg opposed to support?

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Ohoni.6057

Chronomancer Chrono (Time) Mancer (Manipulation) thats what they do
Beserker Is a very fitting name
Daredevil, could also use acrobat but it suits
Herald: Could also have been oracle, but it is themed around A prophet, so herald is a fitting name
Reaper: A melee focused necro with an actual reaper form. can;t get any more fitting then that.

Tempest has nothing to do with storms. the teaser image and the worhorn alone should be evident that Tempest is supposed to be storm based. but it isn’t. you have no defense to these facts.

Chrono, Zerk, Reaper, I’ll give you those. But the Herald does not proclaim anything, the Herald is a buff factory, and I played a Daredevil for quite some time, and never even encountered any devils, much less dared them to anything. Also, we don’t know much about the Forge, but I am just going to assume that it doesn’t turn them into an actual furnace.

It’s a metaphor, just like the Tempest. The Tempest is not really about controlling storms, and I don’t think that would be a great fit for using all four elements. It’s instead about the the idea of the tempest as a raging storm, the Tempest player is the eye of that storm, projecting chaos around themselves. It is not literal thunder and lightning storm (except in air attunement), it is the metaphorical “storm” as a generalized roving source of destruction.

Hell, they could have called the Thief spec a “Tempest” too and it would have been well fitting (and much cooler than “Daredevil,” so count your blessings).

done by now.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Make overloadings instant cast and maybe, just maybe, will roll tempest when I’m afking in LA.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

It’s a metaphor, just like the Tempest. The Tempest is not really about controlling storms, and I don’t think that would be a great fit for using all four elements. It’s instead about the the idea of the tempest as a raging storm, the Tempest player is the eye of that storm, projecting chaos around themselves. It is not literal thunder and lightning storm (except in air attunement), it is the metaphorical “storm” as a generalized roving source of destruction.

Maybe so… But even with that perception, chaos isn’t really how I’d describe what was received in-game.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Not sure if serious

Im totally serious and I have total understanding of the ele core mechanics. Tempest needs one change, and its the first 5s before overloading an attunement. If we can get rid of this sometimes you can even overload attunements worthly.

the 5s need to be reduced to 2-3 and the cooldown on the attunement should stay at 8.5/10. the trait that reduces overload cooldowns should get reworked to grant stability when using an overload.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Save overload should not happen. Sad for some eles, but it will push us to much.
Also the wait timer is important. The whole mechanic is unfiting, but the way it is was intentional to make it work not OP with ele …..

in Elementalist

Ohoni.6057

Maybe so… But even with that perception, chaos isn’t really how I’d describe what was received in-game.

I’m not saying the class is at all where it needs to be, but I think the premise is fine. I think that when it’s working right, you will have significantly powerful Overloads that pulse out from you, and Shouts that pulse out from you, you will be the eye of a storm, and nobody will want to go near you.

Hopefully.

But the name fits what they are trying to do with it.

done by now.”

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I agree. Its not so far away from being good. Of course not always usful and it might(should) be difficult trying to make a current D/D better …. Traits are a bit of a mess but that can be fixed …

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I don’t really like Tempest either:

1) Overloads aren’t fun to use, you simply channel and let the huge AoE do the rest. Besides, it’s so easy to interrupt that it’s very noticeable even in unranked random groups: Imagine how it’s gonna be if good players with mesmers, thiefs and stuff are in the team that can just wreck Overloads with interrupts.

2) The warhorn is kinda fun, but it lacks some critical aspects that are important in most common Ele-builds: Mobility is much lower than on offhand dagger, the fire-field has too long of a CD and it doesn’t even offer any aura’s, which are pretty useful with the tempest traitline.

3) The traits are pretty lackluster too:
- Latent stamina: Completely useless; Ele has enough access to vigor and even if that wasn’t the case, it’s simply way too weak.
- Gale Song: Not bad, but what’s actually needed for tempest is stuff that negates CC and not breaks you out of the stun after your overload has already been cancelled.
- Speedy Conduit: Completely useless
- Unstable COnduit: Would be decent if Overloads wouldn’t be that easy to interrupt; it should probably trigger when activating an overload, not when you’ve finished channeling it.
- Earthen proxy: Sounded good at first, but I was pretty disapointed with it – didn’t even notice it most of the time…
- Harmonious conduit: Also pretty lackluster: it should add sth. else to the overloads, like making them harder to interrupt, make them channel faster or sth. like that.
- Hardy Conduit: I like that one since it triggers during the channel, not after it; makes overloading at least somewhat useful even if it gets interrupted.
- Imbued Melodies: could be pretty cool, but since Warhorn doesn’t look pretty strong, it won’t see any play.
- Lucid Singularity: I kinda like it, also cuz it triggers on channel.
- Element bastion: Pretty decent, though not very interesting or fun to use.

4) The Shouts are IMHO pretty decent; It also opens up the rune of the soldier which might make usage of amu’s without vitality possible.

I’ve tested several builds over the beta-weekend, here are my thoughts on them:

Staff-Ele:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XCdOgFOAWYCcYilTAz9rWWfrETgAwCooEMA/AA-TJxHwADuAAAeAAb2foYZAA

I thought the build worked pretty well, but the overloads don’t add much things that the Staff-Ele doesn’t already do pretty well, but earth attunement just makes him a lot tankier.

D/D-Ele:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYn0XCdOgFOAWYCcYilTAz9rWWfrETgAwCooEMA/AA-TJxHwADeAAAOBAb2foYZAA

This build was probably my favourite one, since tempest actually offered sth. where the D/D-Ele doesn’t excell already: teamfight-potential. Yes, the D/D-Ele isn’t necessarily bad in teamfights, but it’s IMHO his weaker side, which is why he’s often used as a roamer.
I’m not quite sure if he’s still good enough as a main 1v1-roamer, but I think he could be. Not quite sure if this will still be the case after the nerf that’s probably gonna come soon.
The tons of auras also work well with element bastion of course and I never felt I was lacking sth. really badly because of the longer CD’s on the attunements.
I also tried a version without shouts and earthen proxy, which worked fine as well.

S/D-Ele

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArYn0XCdOgFOAWYCcYilTAz9rWWfrETgAwCoIKOA/AA-TJBGwAKeAAh2fAwJAgZZAA

I mainly play S/D cele-ele atm and it’s IMHo one of the most underappreciated builds (in any situation other than 1v1’s, it’s better than D/D IMHO and in 1v1’s, he’s still good enough to be played as an off-roamer, here’s the build I use: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArYhcMozhFOwxB8RMQAYUW4IEFiCQAYAUXykYZA-TJBGwAKeAAh2fAwJAgZZAA)

this one simply doesn’t work with tempest at all, for several reasons:
- The added AoE-Fury, Power, Might and CD-reduction that fire gives you are extremely important for this build to work and give it insanely high burst with the fire-skills, this all falls apart with the tempest trait-line, since switching out anything other than fire would be even worse for the build.
- Overloading fire, which would help out with the less might-stacks is out of the question, since it is where a huge part of the dmg comes from, so you need to switch to it constantly.
- Overloading Air isn’t too good as well, since spamming air-1 gives the target perma-weakness, which is another big part of why I really like this build.
- I don’t particularly like the earth overload, so I ended up overloading only water most of the time.
- Also, similar to the Staff-Ele, S/D with fire absolutely shines in teamfights, I don’t need tempest for that.

The build isn’t bad, but it just feels like all synergy the build has with fire is lost and no synergy is gained with tempest; it feels forced.

I also tried all the builds with Clerics amu and soldier runes, but the DMG was really low and I kinda felt that you cannot properly test a build like that in random groups on a beta-weekend, so it might be decent after all. The sustain isn’t high enough to hold off 2 ppl with semi-decent dmg though, so no clerics bunker meta again – don’t worry.

Idea to make overloading more dynamic
- strenghten the effect when overloading is complete.
- weaken the effects during overload, but make traits like unstable conduit trigger at the beginning of the channel.
- make it possible to dodge while overloading without breaking the channel.

->
- Overloading would make you feel less like a sitting duck.
- the feeling of urgency to interrupt the overload would be hightened, making it interesting in teamfights and exciting to watch as a spectator.
- It would give the ele a chance to dodge crucial interrupts and to get into good positions (often in the midst of fights), with a bit more survivability.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in Elementalist

Posted by: zebbers.6139

zebbers.6139

I really love all these people that come and say:

‘The elite spec for this class changes it up. It’s not the usual faceroll d/d cele ele or staff ele’

No kitten, really? That’s a shock. I’m pretty sure they stated at the start of the elite specs that they’re meant to open up new options and roles for classes. That is exactly what they’re doing. Tempest is a different feel .

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

‘The elite spec for this class changes it up. It’s not the usual faceroll d/d cele ele or staff ele’

No kitten, really? That’s a shock. I’m pretty sure they stated at the start of the elite specs that they’re meant to open up new options and roles for classes. That is exactly what they’re doing. Tempest is a different feel .

So after the expac all there builds will be on even ground? Viable?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

For specialize rolls yes. Tempest will be the end all be all support roll between ele and tempest (druid may turn out to be a better healer we do not know for sure though).
This sounds like the way it should be by the name it self “elite specialization” becuse they specialize in a set roll that the base class may cover to a point but not all in as these spec do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

For specialize rolls yes. Tempest will be the end all be all support roll between ele and tempest (druid may turn out to be a better healer we do not know for sure though).
This sounds like the way it should be by the name it self “elite specialization” becuse they specialize in a set roll that the base class may cover to a point but not all in as these spec do.

Then why are people complaining? Now all 3 specs will be viable unless they just want to use lightning for dps which I can understand that.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Then why are people complaining? Now all 3 specs will be viable unless they just want to use lightning for dps which I can understand that.

Because it did not get a sword and its not the dps spec its realty that simple.

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

Tempest is a different feel .

Tempest is a different feel alright – it feels bad being stuck in a silly-looking animation for up to 5sec achieving almost nothing while your opponent casually DPSes you into the dirt.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

No, because tempest is not only what people wanted and ele lacked, but also because it’s complete garbage.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

No, because tempest is not only what people wanted and ele lacked, but also because it’s complete garbage.

So still yes its not dps and it dose not have a sword as ppl wanted.
It dose its job of support well very well to the point of being the first true healing support in GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

It dose its job of support well very well to the point of being the first true healing support in GW2.

No, it hasn’t really. You’re the only one I’ve seen defending the spec and I frankly don’t know why. You only take what you want to hear from your comments. If the spec was actually decent then people wouldn’t complain so much. Giving a class that has a close range support spec another close range support spec isn’t really opening up many possibilities, is it? But there’s really no point talking to you, all you do is saying the same old stuff over and over and totally ignoring what everyone says.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

No, it hasn’t really. You’re the only one I’ve seen defending the spec and I frankly don’t know why. You only take what you want to hear from your comments. If the spec was actually decent then people wouldn’t complain so much. Giving a class that has a close range support spec another close range support spec isn’t really opening up many possibilities, is it? But there’s really no point talking to you, all you do is saying the same old stuff over and over and totally ignoring what everyone says.

No ppl would complain if its not just want they want. If it was a mace tank class ppl would complain that it was not dps. If it was dps ppl would complain that its not just the type they want (most of the time ppl wanted a thf like dps from tempest all though a stealth-less thf what tempest would most likely be like with a sword simply dose not work and ppl would ask for a stealth on tempest lol).

Tempest is a true support and it only can support IF that not what your looking for you should not try to forces it into a roll like dps becuse its a waist of every one times. GW2 in the FOM is all about dps and if it dose not dps harder then the base class then its not useful in there view.