That Scepter buff...

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

…we are not worthy

(/s)

-The only change was to Shatterstone, which is now just meh versus terribad before
-Auto-attacks not touched

Wut.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

I dont think you know what a preview is…..

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I know those weren’t all the changes, but if the preview was meant to be the gist of the coming changes, it’s not encouraging.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

An Anet preview has always been 99% of the changes.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is an Anet preview, they give 99.9% of the changes. What you see is what you get.

I can’t think of a single instance where a preview differed in any way from the released notes.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is the scepter rework! Seriously. What a load of kitten.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Lmao in the other thread I made a joke about how bad it would be and then the real thing was even worse than the joke…

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

…we are not worthy

(/s)

-The only change was to Shatterstone, which is now just meh versus terribad before
-Auto-attacks not touched

Wut.

They said quality of life modification*S* and not modification.

I know this is a preview, so lets hope for the best, but it would have been better to show more on the preview regarding the scepter than this shatterstone change.
Like a change to Dragon’s tooth or autoattacks.

Previous change to scepter we expected a lot and it was only a shatterstone change that didnt help.
Showing only another new shatterstone change in the preview isnt a smart move imo.

It doesnt even have pulses (chill for example), which many in the Ele community asked for.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Since the game was released EVERY SINGLE BALANCE PREVIEW WAS 100% OF THE CHANGES.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Yashuoa.9527

Since the game was released EVERY SINGLE BALANCE PREVIEW WAS 100% OF THE CHANGES.

Didnt they say that these were not all the balance changes?

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Didnt they say that these were not all the balance changes?

In the past, almost all the planned changes were previewed on twitch prior to patch release. I think it’s a safe bet to assume that these are all the changes that Anet made. If it weren’t, it would make more sense for them to explicitly say something along the lines of “this is the only change for x weapon or profession that we’re revealing for now, but there’s more next week.”

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

There may be other changes they didn’t go over. But I agree: this is discouraging. It’s unlikely that they just didn’t think to mention a change to the autoattacks, despite that being the single biggest thing Scepter needs.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Coldtart.4785

Surely if they had any other changes for scepter that were more meaningful than a useless skill gaining a pointless boost that leaves it being still useless they would’ve used that as their one scepter change to preview.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I am pretty sure the scepter buffs where stolen by the Reapers on that one.

Alerie Despins

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Called it…..although I have been around long enough to KNOW this was going to happen.

I can’t be disappointed, because it is what I expected.

Now, my PSA:
SERIOUSLY, IF YOU PLAY ELE, THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DEAL WITH FOREVER. YOU WILL NOT GET A NEW DESIGNER FOR YOUR CLASS. YOU WILL NOT GET A REWORK OF INHERENT FLAWS. YOU WILL NOT GET DIRECTION FROM SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY PLAYS THE CLASS AND UNDERSTAND IT. YOU WILL CONTINUE TO GET RANDOM, STUPID CHANGES THAT AMOUNT TO LITTLE MORE THAN SHOTS IN THE DARK. ELES WILL SWITCH BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN OP AND USELESS BECAUSE THEY WON’T ADDRESS ANY OF THE INHERENT FLAWS. LEARN TO ACCEPT IT, MOVE ON TO A DIFFERENT CLASS, OR MOVE ONTO A DIFFERENT GAME.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

At least you’re not a mesmer.

They got destroyed by nerfs and their scepter buff was the same joke as ele, a 5% attack speed buff to the worst weapon in the game tied to a trait.

Anet wouldn’t know balance even if it was staring right back them.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

At least you’re not a mesmer.

They got destroyed by nerfs and their scepter buff was the same joke as ele, a 5% attack speed buff to the worst weapon in the game tied to a trait.

Anet wouldn’t know balance even if it was staring right back them.

Mesmer scepter isn’t actually a bad weapon, and condi mesmer is miserable to fight against 1v1 unless you have tons of cleanse.

The problem with mesmer scepter is that an attrition condi build doesn’t work for mesmer b/c the arms race of tons of cleanse vs. tons of condi-procs has left it without a place.

Their attempt to buff that also demonstrates a profound lack of understanding of the true mechanics of their own game.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

That’s how it was usually but in the blog post on Tuesday they said scepter and focus are getting QoL changes. I haven’t heard about any focus changes from Karl so we may assume it doesn’t cover everything.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mark.1679

Mark.1679

That’s how it was usually but in the blog post on Tuesday they said scepter and focus are getting QoL changes. I haven’t heard about any focus changes from Karl so we may assume it doesn’t cover everything.

As if karl always does what he says he will do. The guy doesnt play ele so how has no clue what to buff/nerf. he just throws random crap at the wall and hopes it will stick

D/F frontline for [PUSH]

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Yashuoa.9527

Can someone bump this back up?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Nuking-from-range-scepter/first
Its nearly 3 pages about what a lot of Ele players want for scepter.

Maybe it can still help around these times. Even though the preview was disappointing.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Can someone bump this back up?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Nuking-from-range-scepter/first
Its nearly 3 pages about what a lot of Ele players want for scepter.

Maybe it can still help around these times. Even though the preview was disappointing.

Anet doesn’t read the ele forum and Karl doesn’t care a bit about our class.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: NayNay.7680

NayNay.7680

Ele community: Anet. Please buff scepter.

Anet: uhhhhhhhh ok. Here’s a little raw damage to flamestrike and shatterstone

Ele community: Yeah. No. You’re doing it wrong, karl.

Anet: ok ok yeah. You’re right, here’s a little more shatterstone.
(I hear them laughing and snickering in the background on this one)

I really hope this isn’t all of our balance for the quarter
(Think about it. Possibly the last time they’re even going to look at our scepter for a while.)

Because screw that

Karl you’re drunk.
We need a new dev.

Ral Xarek | Asura Elementalist
Peacemaker Ral |Asura Mesmer

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Yashuoa.9527

Ele community: Anet. Please buff scepter.

Anet: uhhhhhhhh ok. Here’s a little raw damage to flamestrike and shatterstone

Ele community: Yeah. No. You’re doing it wrong, karl.

Anet: ok ok yeah. You’re right, here’s a little more shatterstone.
(I hear them laughing and snickering in the background on this one)

I really hope this isn’t all of our balance for the quarter
(Think about it. Possibly the last time they’re even going to look at our scepter for a while.)

They even said scepter quality of life modification’’S’’ and not modification.
So far we havent seen the plural and I am not sure if you can even call it a quality of life change.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Remember, 100% of the time when Arenanet “previewed” balanced changes, those “previews” turned out to be 100% of the changes.

RIP ele.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Remember, 100% of the time when Arenanet “previewed” balanced changes, those “previews” turned out to be 100% of the changes.

RIP ele.

Yeah, I would imagine this is 99% of the changes.

I just don’t get how they can trash the only viable spec ele has and not buff anything else while leaving specs like scrapper untouched. For years we’ve been asking for better AA’s, but they buff thief instead because they had a bad few months in pvp. I just don’t understand.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

Called it…..although I have been around long enough to KNOW this was going to happen.

I can’t be disappointed, because it is what I expected.

Now, my PSA:
SERIOUSLY, IF YOU PLAY ELE, THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DEAL WITH FOREVER. YOU WILL NOT GET A NEW DESIGNER FOR YOUR CLASS. YOU WILL NOT GET A REWORK OF INHERENT FLAWS. YOU WILL NOT GET DIRECTION FROM SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY PLAYS THE CLASS AND UNDERSTAND IT. YOU WILL CONTINUE TO GET RANDOM, STUPID CHANGES THAT AMOUNT TO LITTLE MORE THAN SHOTS IN THE DARK. ELES WILL SWITCH BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN OP AND USELESS BECAUSE THEY WON’T ADDRESS ANY OF THE INHERENT FLAWS. LEARN TO ACCEPT IT, MOVE ON TO A DIFFERENT CLASS, OR MOVE ONTO A DIFFERENT GAME.

Everyone says this about every proffession..

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Coldtart.4785

Everyone says this about every proffession..

Given that every profession has useless options that have been useless since launch and that every profession see-saws between useless and god-tier I’d say they’re not wrong either.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Every time ANet has done a balance and/or update preview, they’ve lauded the changes and claimed “And that’s not all” like they’re in a late night infomercial.

Then the patch comes, and that’s all.

Every. Single. Time.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Shatterstone is simply a running joke.

Karl you can do better man.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

And yet…and overwhelming preponderance of evidence suggests that he just can’t…he just can’t.

kittenterstone will continue to live up to its namesake. Scepter will continue to be garbage with over half the skills pretty much useless. But don’t worry, the next patch 6 months from now will shave 0.005s off the after-cast of dust devil and add 1 stack of vuln. #Balance

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Kind of seems like ppl want to jump to constitution before they get all the info. I guess ppl want to be mad about something. We saw nothing about the foces changes and it seems air line over all getting more dmg so lets just wait and see before we feel justified at shouting with anger at a pc that cant talk back lol.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Shatterstone new dps rotation confirmed

Parabrezza

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Shatterstone is now good but eles wanted mainly more useful autoattacks. This buff makes scepter not much better playable ….

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

And yet…and overwhelming preponderance of evidence suggests that he just can’t…he just can’t.

kittenterstone will continue to live up to its namesake. Scepter will continue to be garbage with over half the skills pretty much useless. But don’t worry, the next patch 6 months from now will shave 0.005s off the after-cast of dust devil and add 1 stack of vuln. #Balance

Well, I said you gotta look at it from the good side. In 5 or 10 years Shatterstone might be a decent skill.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Scepter is now 100% fixed.
Thanks for this amazing buff!

I know this was a preview, but honestly, I have so little faith in the team.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

I hope they will do something with autos, fire auto cast time is atrocious and they know it, also fingers crossed for fire 2, there’s no way they’ll do something with only kekerstone(not that it’s bad I like how it looks but eh)

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Shatterstone just keeps padding its record as the most buffed skill in gw2. Not really the skill that got the most noteworthy buffs, just the skill that has gotten a lot of buffs that are technically buffs, but don’t really do anything.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Shatterstone just keeps padding its record as the most buffed skill in gw2. Not really the skill that got the most noteworthy buffs, just the skill that has gotten a lot of buffs that are technically buffs, but don’t really do anything.

How can you say that? One more vulnerability stack = 1% more dmg. And we all know 1>0.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

morrolan.9608

No history has proven that he can’t.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

Kind of seems like ppl want to jump to constitution before they get all the info. I guess ppl want to be mad about something. We saw nothing about the foces changes and it seems air line over all getting more dmg so lets just wait and see before we feel justified at shouting with anger at a pc that cant talk back lol.

I think you need to proof read your posts. I think you mean “conclusions” instead of concentration. Also it’s “focus” not “foces”.

First if you have significant history with this game you would know that when they do the “preview” of balances changes….that it’s the biggest changes that will be made. Anything else will be extremely minor. I believe the do this to prepare the community for any hard hitting nerfs or give them hope for any buffs. So I don’t think anyone is jumping to any conclusion. They are just going by Anet’s history of balance patch previews.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Legendofzelda.1278

Legendofzelda.1278

Though you are probably right (due to anets history), lets not give up hope besides anger does not solve much in cases like this, it seems to just get them to not want to listen.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think you need to proof read your posts. I think you mean “conclusions” instead of concentration. Also it’s “focus” not “foces”.

First if you have significant history with this game you would know that when they do the “preview” of balances changes….that it’s the biggest changes that will be made. Anything else will be extremely minor. I believe the do this to prepare the community for any hard hitting nerfs or give them hope for any buffs. So I don’t think anyone is jumping to any conclusion. They are just going by Anet’s history of balance patch previews.

If you look for something any thing hard enofe your going to find it even if its not there. The simple fact is ppl are on the def for ele changes and they will only see bad things to come becuse of it.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Though you are probably right (due to anets history), lets not give up hope besides anger does not solve much in cases like this, it seems to just get them to not want to listen.

Well. then again, they never listened. Over the years there were tons and tons suggestions how to make fresh air and scepter better and those were never considered. I mean I don’t blame people for being mad. Before they at least kept the only cele build viable, but now it seems like that’s gone, too without any serious buff to fresh air builds.

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Big disappointment anet. Scepter autoattacks will remain garbage, why did I even make meteorlogicus… Scepter mes got about the same attention, one trait got the tiniest improvement.
You guys suck

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

morrolan.9608

Yeah gee Karl thats a really great rework of scepter………………… only not.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

That Scepter buff...

in Elementalist

Coldtart.4785

As expected, the pathetic change to shatterstone was entirely representative of the quality of changes to scepter.