To all the haters

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

To all the people who hate my class and want it nerfed, please do the elementalist community a favour and state, in your opinion, what an Elementalist should be able to do.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Die to BS Thiefs.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Die to 100b Warriors.

They hate eles bunker spec and survivability. Eles are NOT allowed to survive!

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Currently the D/D build has the same burst power of a Thief, same mobility as Thief, same survival as Thief (through damage reduction rather than stealth tho, i.e. backstab hits them for 4-5k).
Considering it’s a melee spike build it’s fine tho, the real problem to me seems to be overpowered healing that comes with it.
Getting from almost dead to full in seconds is the sort of thing tends to get a lot of hate like WoW Paladins.

Anet wants to nerf AoE dmg but honestly it seems wrong to me. AoE is ok.
Healing on the other hand should be like it was planned to be, i.e. your heal skill is your only reliable heal everything else is flavor minor healing – if your health gets low and your 6 is used, you either escape or die, you don’t reset a fight.

Also, if a nerf is to be handed to Eles next patch I hope they will get staff buffs in return.
It’s a joke that against a melee Ele it’s a tough fight and a staff Ele is a free kill, find some balance Anet…

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Gallrvaghn.4921

Currently the D/D build has the same burst power of a Thief, same mobility as Thief, same survival as Thief (through damage reduction rather than stealth tho, i.e. backstab hits them for 4-5k).
Considering it’s a melee spike build it’s fine tho, the real problem to me seems to be overpowered healing that comes with it.
Getting from almost dead to full in seconds is the sort of thing tends to get a lot of hate like WoW Paladins.

Healing on the other hand should be like it was planned to be, i.e. your heal skill is your only reliable heal everything else is flavor minor healing – if your health gets low and your 6 is used, you either escape or die, you don’t reset a fight.

Also, if a nerf is to be handed to Eles next patch I hope they will get staff buffs in return.
It’s a joke that against a melee Ele it’s a tough fight and a staff Ele is a free kill, find some balance Anet…

They don’t have that much burst. They have sustained DPS. And the amazing healing plus high regen/protection uptime is a great benefit for attrition fights which this particular ele spec is quite good at. Balance the class all you want, just don’t destroy it like what you did with Engies.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Burst of a thief, what.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

Currently the D/D build has the same burst power of a Thief…

lol’d

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

Currently the D/D build has the same burst power of a Thief…

lol’d

Red Falcon is a famous troll. Forget about it :p

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

Die to 100b Warriors.

They hate eles bunker spec and survivability. Eles are NOT allowed to survive!

I don’t get why some people have this attitude. The reason I love tanky builds is that they make fights a whole lot more fun than just spamming one ability and it will kill you or miss. All berserker gear is kind of too glass for my tastes. Knights of PVT is a lot more fun as you actually need to fight to do anything + the other berserkers die to you easily

And tbh, people that complain about other classes should try and understand their own a bit more as well. I play Mesmer, Guardian, Ele and Engineer. All have their own unique way of doing things, and all are pretty solid and fun.

Instead of nerfing here and there, they should promote a boost here and there on classes that need it.

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

Currently the D/D build has the same burst power of a Thief,

That’s where I stopped reading.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Burst: No. Just no. Stop embarrassing yourself. NO.
Mobility: Close, but thief is still better with shortbow.
Survival: A bunker ele isn’t meaningfully more survivable than a “bunker” thief in a neutral environment. The only reason you don’t see defensive specced thieves in tourneys is because you can’t hold a point while stealthed. Glass eles are 1/10th as survivable as glass thieves, and that’s being generous to the ele. So, NO.
Going from near dead to full: this only happens with base vitality eles. It’s rather easy to refill a full health bar when there’s only 13,805 HP in it. These eles are good at sustain but very vulnerable to burst.

Did you seriously just call a bunker/heal ele a “melee spike build” that gets hit for “4-5k” with backstab?

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Waltz into any battle, not a care in the world for number of opponents. start bursting, troll with healing and sustaining damage at the same time.
Hmmm… seems like the battle isn’t going as planned, panic Air #4, Fire #3.
Can’t be CC’d, can’t immobilize.

gg.

Yes, thief does have a great stealth survivability, but the battles are much shorter, and once he goes down below 20% he’ll have to step back and either recover completely or walk away.

1+1 = potato

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elexa.3478

Elexa.3478

To be honest…whole this story about ele’s seems ridiculous to me.Im my opinion it all depends on the player.If he doesn’t know what he’s doing, it doesn’t matter if he’s an elementalist or warrior, he will die anyway.Yes, warriors can survive longer but exactly because of that, it’s more appreciated and challenging to play with elementalist.And I saw hundreds of “warriors” who died in second, so…

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Gallrvaghn.4921

Waltz into any battle, not a care in the world for number of opponents. start bursting, troll with healing and sustaining damage at the same time.

gg.

Yes, thief does have a great stealth survivability, but the battles are much shorter, and once he goes down below 20% he’ll have to step back and either recover completely or walk away.

you stay in place when you RTL or Burning Speed when immobilized. FYI.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

I have both professions at 80 and played them a lot, D/D Thief and D/D Ele has not the same burst output.

It’s a lot more work for an Ele to maintain that burst due to the damage you receive, you need to control your opponent a lot more, stun, knock down, kite…
Which causes damage loss. While a thief has the luxury to spam the same skill and heal in stealth.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Currently the D/D build has the same burst power of a Thief,

That’s where I stopped reading.

Me too, haha.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Yes, please take away the water attunement. Maybe should take away stealth next. Cause how I see it, theif has as much the ability to “reset the fight” by just going stealth and heal up till he’s safe or just run away. Why do you theives insist to go in stealth when your HP get’s low? Why not just take and die, as you say? Flawless logic there.

This I can agreed upon.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

gg.

That was general talk.
In most (all) cases the ele will remove any CC placed on him fairly easily and then escape.

1+1 = potato

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Currently the D/D build has the same burst power of a Thief

NEVER.

Bunker D/D is full PVT + clerics (= mediocre damage stats) + 30 arcana/ 30 water (= no damage stats) + all D/D burst skills are on huge cooldowns.

D/D damage is mediocre compared to many other professions.

If you get bursted by a D/D ele, then you have to either stop running full glass canon or learn to dodge the right skills.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

teg.1340

In most (all) cases the ele will remove any CC placed on him fairly easily and then escape.

While having plenty of stun breakers, ele is indeed very vulnerable to immobilize. All you need is timing. Use immobilize:

- after ele attunes out of water
- after ele uses a cantrip
- when ele uses RTL

Also try to cloak immobilize by applying another condition right after using immobilize. Most eles dont run with cleansing fire so they can only remove 1 condition at the same time.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

If you get bursted by a D/D ele, then you have to either stop running full glass canon or learn to dodge the right skills.

Yes indeed, it’s very easy to burst down a glasscanon theif. But then again, I don’t need to play D/D ele in order to do that.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

and a staff Ele is a free kill…

…..rofl, never played against a good staff ele have you?

To all the haters

in Elementalist

teg.1340

Yes indeed, it’s very easy to burst down a glasscanon theif. But then again, I don’t need to play D/D ele in order to do that.

sure, you dont need a d/d ele for that. d/d ele = mediocre damage. thats what I wanted to point out.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Muppet.6485

Muppet.6485

No, no I haven’t
And I’m aware that this is pointed at that troll up there, but that doesn’t change it.
I’ve never run across a staff ele in a 1v1 situaton that can have even half a hope of killing me as a D/D
And yes if you want to prove me wrong let me know, I’d even welcome the loss, because that would mean there is something I’ve missed about that weapon set
I truly hope there are some out there that have found a way to make staff work in 1v1s

As it stands right now, once you close the initial gap and cleans the immobilizes the fight is over.

Muppet~
[Ark]

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Fadman.7058

The Fadman.7058

wat.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devfede.6934

Devfede.6934

An Elementalist, in the hand of a skilled player, Is WAY too overpowered, we all see Videos all around the web of people keeping up fights while being undernumbered, and winning without even facing too many problems.

Attunements cooldown are too short, Keep in mind they are 4.

In my humble opinion, that cooldown should be really extended.

It’s ok for a light armor to do a good DPS, but not to resist (And win) a fight against, say, 2 warrior and a guardian. It is just wrong if the opponent uses its class in an optimal way too.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

teg.1340

Attunements already have trade-offs compared to other professions:

1. ele skills in general are on a much higher cooldown than other professions skills. you have to switch attunements to compensate for that.
2. ele doesnt have the opportunity to swap weapons. so if you run d/d you are forced to stay in melee range. you cannot swap to range weapons in combat like other classes.
3. attunement cooldown per default is at 15s compared to 10s weapon swap for other professions. most eles feel to be forced to trait 30 arcana for 9s attunement cooldown. Compare this to 5s weapon swap on warriors!?

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

yeah last 2 vids i saw.
DD ele agains an 111111 warrior and 3 AIR 1111 staff ele…

daphoenix summoning an earth elemental with low hp, and all his opponents “oohhh shiny” and alll zerg the elemental >____<

also @devfede it seems to me you should at least try an elementalist…
Your statement about what light classe should do and about cooldowns suggest me you are not informed on how this game is supposed to work according developers (see threads no trinity)…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Muppet.6485

An Elementalist, in the hand of a SKILLED PLAYER, Is WAY too overpowered, we all see Videos all around the web of people keeping up fights while being undernumbered, and winning without even facing too many problems.

It’s ok for a light armor to do a good DPS, but not to resist (And win) a fight against, say, 2 warrior and a guardian. It is just wrong if the opponent uses its class in an optimal way too.

This is going to sound like an l2p reply, but I don’t want it to and that’s not my intention
I just feel that people still don’t know how to counter eles, and that leads to all the complaints of the class being OP now that the core of players that has stuck with it since the beginning have finally found a working, strong build and have gotten close to the peak of the high learning curve that this class was intended to have. There’s a reason that you either stomp or get stomped by an elementalist. They either know what they’re doing or they don’t. Most of what’s left is those that do.

Biggest counter to eles is immobilize. Hit us with that and we’re not going anywhere. RTL becomes useless.

Argument: Well you can just cleanse that.
Counter: Then cover it with other conditions.
Argument: Well then you can use Ether Renewal and pulse off 7.
Counter: Then interrupt us. It’s not rocket science, it’s basic game mechanics. Interrupt the channeling heals. It’s a 3.5second channel (so yes it will probably get the first 2 pulses off before you can react) and has one of the MOST OBVIOUS animations in the game. If you’re watching for it and in range you should NOT let it get past that first second of cast.

Muppet~
[Ark]

To all the haters

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

But the worst thing Is the argument number should prevale over skill .
After all vids shows best class rappresentative vs less than casual players. As said any section has similar vids

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

Yeah man like a slingshot got the same burst power of M16…

And dont twist your panties too much yet the update are coming and i feel the nerf tsunami within, save your rage my son i think you gonna need it.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

gg.

LOL You stay in place with RTL even if you aren’t immobilized. I call that, the earth dagger 3 skill that I can’t remember the name of, and burning speed (maybe others) my “self-stun skills”. Nothing better than sitting in a ball of light next to my enemies for about 3 seconds hoping they don’t 1-shot me.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrLT.6028

MrLT.6028

No, no I haven’t
And I’m aware that this is pointed at that troll up there, but that doesn’t change it.
I’ve never run across a staff ele in a 1v1 situaton that can have even half a hope of killing me as a D/D
And yes if you want to prove me wrong let me know, I’d even welcome the loss, because that would mean there is something I’ve missed about that weapon set
I truly hope there are some out there that have found a way to make staff work in 1v1s

As it stands right now, once you close the initial gap and cleans the immobilizes the fight is over.

Thats funny because I, as a staff ele, have never run across a D/D ele (or any prefession for that matter) that has a hope of killing me, granted I probably won’t be killing them either… makes for a really boring fight.

What ele needs are better fire and air traits because currently they just suck compared to water and arcana.

Caritas Æternum [BT]
80 Human Ele
#magswag

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sinanju.8456

Sinanju.8456

I don’t understand why it’s getting nerfed and I don’t even play the class.

Have I died to some d/d ele yes but I sure have killed alot.

It’s all about the player and their skill. People just cry because they don’t know how to fight it and don’t want to take the time to learn how. Same reason why they cry about the precursor and what not.

(Engineer) Sayonara Memory

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

How do I get “amazing healing” on my ele? Mine has 450 healing power.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Muppet.6485

This will come primarily from low health pool eles, with high toughness and healing power and knowing the animations that signal big ticket skills to dodge, so that they refresh their life pool incredibly quickly, while seeming not to take tons of damage.

Muppet~
[Ark]

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

This will come primarily from low health pool eles, with high toughness and healing power and knowing the animations that signal big ticket skills to dodge, so that they refresh their life pool incredibly quickly, while seeming not to take tons of damage.

:O Rewarding skill? That’s not allowed. Only HS+backstab thieves and 100B warriors are allowed to win at the game.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

I find it it hilarious that people think Elementalists have amazing heals, when in fact they tend to have such small healthpools that it just seems that the heals are restoring massive chunks of HP.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hatchet.4513

Hatchet.4513

Same burst as a Thief rofl this is the kind of pathetic comment that can only come from an inexperienced player. I play both and the D/D ele has nowhere near the burst a thief is capable of especially when you factor into that most DD ele’s are built to outlast whilst doing damage.

If you get killed by a DD Ele then you stayed around long enough to do so, not because he bursted you down lol.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

I receive hate messages every day , every time I go sPvP…and .I’m always the one who come up on top…yet I don’t even laugh at you haters who chase me in group trying to kill me, only to land in my well planned traps ( like I snare all of you in a choke point in front of my base) and get annhilated as a result….ha and I am a staff user( epic weapon to farm all those haters who chase me in sPvP, currently my average is 200 pts for match on every map, win or loss)

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Balance to any player that doesn’t play a class is always “I should kill them pretty easily, maybe it takes 10 seconds or so, but I’m really good so if they last that long the class is balanced”

In every game.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I’m a D/D or S/D bunker Ele player, I’ve been one for months, I’ve done thousands of deaths in WvW (also rank 39 with many tournies too), and I think we are way… WAY over the top, does that make me a hater now? You all live in your own little bubbles, it’s quite saddening.
Instead of defending the spec that’s clearly NOT balanced and showing such concerning ‘nerphobia’ towards it (which only screams we are that powerful). Why don’t we create a thread suggesting improvements to this spec and the profession overall to make it more fun and fair for everyone? This thread clearly does not contribute to anything.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

They don’t have that much burst. They have sustained DPS. And the amazing healing plus high regen/protection uptime is a great benefit for attrition fights which this particular ele spec is quite good at. Balance the class all you want, just don’t destroy it like what you did with Engies.

A lot of healing? The healing is pretty LOW, nearly crap, the difference is that eles have so little hp that even a small healing looks like a lot “oh wow he went from 10% to 90% he healed alot” but people fails to see that was like just a 6k heals.

Now you have guardians, with 20k+ hp, and their heal recoves like 10k.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

I’m a D/D or S/D bunker Ele player, I’ve been one for months, I’ve done thousands of deaths in WvW (also rank 39 with many tournies too), and I think we are way… WAY over the top, does that make me a hater now? You all live in your own little bubbles, it’s quite saddening.
Instead of defending the spec that’s clearly NOT balanced and showing such concerning ‘nerphobia’ towards it (which only screams we are that powerful). Why don’t we create a thread suggesting improvements to this spec and the profession overall to make it more fun and fair for everyone? This thread clearly does not contribute to anything.

A bunker is specced for survival hence the healing are pretty high seen as the HP is extremely low, to go and simply nerf the healing would affect many ( like me) who don’t use a bunker build and I play staff, s/d and d/d.

The healing coefficient has already been nerfed and the bunker ele build is not unbeatable at all as many say, the 99% of those complaining are bad players generally, what it was yesterday? I easily beaten a r54 ele bunker along with a r14 ranger because I told him when and how to rupt, when to use fear and knockback because I freaking know the common rotation bunker use.

A bunker build is tough to bring down and Anet has already stated that bunkers are here to stay, or you use a counter build( heavy boon removal) or you play an effective combo, not more than 2 people, you don’t even need a counter build, all you need is an effective control build with loads of CC ( in the ele case who lack stability on demand like guardians) or poison/bleed ( in the guardian case who lack strong condition removal).

You need to use your brain, an effective strategy works better than coming and QQ on the forums, I don’t see myself losing to button smashers anytime soon, I can kittening predict 70% of what you’re about to do.

Warrior- bolas followed by 100b combo….In dodge bolas wiithout even wasting a stun breaker, I can use “look behind” camera control to dodge bolas even if the warrior is coming from behind

Thief- go stealth and try to press F1-2-2-2-2-2-2…(yawn)..2.2.2.2, me with a staff: burning retreat-lava font-frozen ground-ice spike= dead thief

Ele – use shocking aura ( and I’m at range), use frost aura , use burning speed…I use eruption-frozen ground-lava font, ele try to use ER and I follow with gust….

….." I got you…under my skin"

More pew pew and less QQ, most people are so predictable that I can tell what they’re gonna do in a week time

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Poizie.5187

Poizie.5187

2 decent players that have am idea what they are doing will kill a d/d ele and there are a decent amount of builds that can kill them 1v1

variations of Poiz – Talons [BT] – Fort Aspenwood

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jambas.6204

Jambas.6204

2 decent players that have am idea what they are doing will kill a d/d ele and there are a decent amount of builds that can kill them 1v1

yup, for example:

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Gallrvaghn.4921

A lot of healing? The healing is pretty LOW, nearly crap, the difference is that eles have so little hp that even a small healing looks like a lot “oh wow he went from 10% to 90% he healed alot” but people fails to see that was like just a 6k heals.

Now you have guardians, with 20k+ hp, and their heal recoves like 10k.

When I said amazing healing I meant that ele’s don’t actually have to rely on their number 6 heal skill only for a burst heal. Water attunement on d/d, or s/d have 2 skills that heals. Signet of restoration, which I think most d/d eles use, seem minor but when you add that up together with a high regen uptime, it’s amazing. Eles have a LOT of options to heal themselves up.

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tuck.4095

Tuck.4095

Little off topic but what is 100b?

And Eles for life!

To all the haters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

yup, for example:

try that as an engineer

To all the haters

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

yup, for example:

i want to remember that this vid is the equivalent in mesmer section of daphoenix vids used by “unexperienced players” to ask for nerfs…

I.E. One of the best mesmer players against a bunch of newbies…..

But the point is many people just don t want skill involved in the outcome of battles.

GW2 balance: