Turns out the notes were real

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I cannot understand how anyone could think of giving a stun breaker to GoEP.

I have a hard time believing that any of the game balance designers even PLAY this game.

Don’t get me wrong though, some changes are welcome, but still boggles my mind how some balance decisions can make it to live when they don’t make any kitten sense.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

I guess I’ll play without stun breakers now.
GoEP as a stun breaker is the most stupid thing ever done in a MMO, ever.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in Elementalist

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

What a kittening kick in the teeth. Absolutely clueless about their own game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Well at least they…

Hmm, can’t think of anything to finish that sentence with.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Weakness: Changed from 50% fumble on regular attacks to 50% fumble on all attacks. Now only stacks up to 5 times (still stacks duration).

Not 25% as leaked notes..Goep is much better than i thought now.Can someone tell me if its instant? Plssss

in Elementalist

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

Sitting back with some shades on a tall glass of lemonade and breathing in that summer FRESH AIR

B^{D}}}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I agree.

I’m 100% positive that the amount of time it took them to make that balancing decision is less than 60 seconds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I can’t actually believe they gave a stun break to GoEP….. It’s just….. /facepalm doesn’t even cut it. I don’t think even /facedesk cuts it…..

Even the fact that they think that a 5 second cooldown reduction is a good tradeoff for a removal of a stunbreak just boggles the mind…. Lightning Flash was at a 45 second cooldown with a stunbreak, and now its at a 40 second cooldown without a stunbreak…. WTF….

I don’t want to make comments like… does anyone at Anet even play the elementalist to a level they might actually understand it, but sometimes I wonder….

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antediluvian.5169

Antediluvian.5169

staff got some love. <3

I can outrun a centaur.

in Elementalist

Posted by: krotitel.3965

krotitel.3965

Seems like trait Windborne dagger doesnt working. Tried it with one dagger, two daggers and its not working.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Seems like trait Windborne dagger doesnt working. Tried it with one dagger, two daggers and its not working.

In combat only. It’ll be difficult to tell.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrLT.6028

MrLT.6028

Even the fact that they think that a 5 second cooldown reduction is a good tradeoff for a removal of a stunbreak just boggles the mind…. Lightning Flash was at a 45 second cooldown with a stunbreak, and now its at a 40 second cooldown without a stunbreak…. WTF….

Compare to the mesmer skill blink. 30s cooldown, stunbreak.
I would rather have that than the kitten damage lightning flash does.

Caritas Æternum [BT]
80 Human Ele
#magswag

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Meteor now lasts like 6-7sec, maybe the rest 4-5 sec was fake before as noted in patch notes?

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

GoEP is instant-cast now, too, which is not all bad.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

GoEP is instant-cast now, too, which is not all bad.

Yeah, here are some sprinkles on your kitten pie.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Nop. Putting a stun breaker on a turret skill for Engy takes home the prize…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Devs, here, have some hints;
Lighting flash =/= damage, it isnt used and has never been used for damage (except for D?D that even then they wouldnt flash ON TOP of the enemy, rather reposition in a plae close enough to affect with earth 5 and not get hit or out of harms way, behidn the enmy player, NEVER ON TOP)

I use the signet of air but I dont like to burn it, unless i REALLY need to, but now ti is a stun break and Im pretty much forced to take it, SINCE NOW CLEANSING FIRE DOESNT HAVE STUN BREAKER EITHER and GoEP is still useless even with infinite health

Thats it, I give up on eles.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I apologise, but how are any of you surprised?
Ele` Lf used to work on the Z axis, just like Mesmer & thief`s still does. Ele` got nerfed, mesmer & thief are still allowed to do this.
Ele` RTL used to work fairly well on crossing ledges, Warrior still works extremely well.
i could go on, but we all know that anet continue to nerf Elementalists just because of the idiots that haven`t put stun/immobilise/etc spells on their bars instead of all of the pewpew spells or haven`t taken all of two seconds to learn how to handle us (aka stun/stun/ele dies).
I`m guessing (& I`d place gold on this) that most Ele` have had to go very towards tanky builds just to survive any of the average day kittene to evne compete with every other class.
All of these nerfs keep happening due to their failing hopes for esport fame & fortune regardless of whether you ever only enter WvWs, PvE, or BGs only.
The sheer fact they even put LF direct damage at 50% on top of enemy is yet even more proof of the sheer cluelessness.
Trust me, watch (if you`re brave enough) any of their streams, you`ll see at the best of times they`re incredibly clueless….

/sigh
Wild Star out yet?
NCSoft can have my money there & then some (depending how stealth works out..)

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Oh you guys are a bunch of spoil-sports. So many more ele builds are gonna be viable now. Taking signets or Arcana or Glyph utilities won’t just be something to do to screw around with when you just want to have fun, but a real, legit strategy.

Plus the staff got some major improvements that will make it much quicker to use, which means using it in smaller engagements will be less suicidal. I’m sure the Ele needs more changes than these, but I actually really like the direction ANet is moving here.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

Oh you guys are a bunch of spoil-sports. So many more ele builds are gonna be viable now. Taking signets or Arcana or Glyph utilities won’t just be something to do to screw around with when you just want to have fun, but a real, legit strategy.

Plus the staff got some major improvements that will make it much quicker to use, which means using it in smaller engagements will be less suicidal. I’m sure the Ele needs more changes than these, but I actually really like the direction ANet is moving here.

^ THAT FRESH AIR

in Elementalist

Shar.3402

wtf, I just noticed that Arcane Shield is a stun breaker now, or at least is listed as such…I’m so gonna use it.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

You just…. don’t…. remove a stun breaker from a teleport skill…. That is the main issue of this change. I don’t see why they couldn’t take it from Armor of Earth instead..

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

wtf, I just noticed that Arcane Shield is a stun breaker now, or at least is listed as such…I’m so gonna use it.

You’re right!

Stealth buff, lol.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

30/30/X/X/X is now workable. Thats worth losing a little from X/X/X/30/30 in my opinion. I say give everything a few weeks to let people settle into their builds and re-gear before crying doom. I’m sure there will be some smaller tweaks as power gamers start figuring out ways to leverage all these new numbers. Basically, lets not burn any bridges here, a lot of these changes were suggestions we made on these exact forums.

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

Lol dat stealth buff.

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Basically almost all the changes scream eles switch to offence
Even triple arcanes might be possible with even elem surge and chills and immobs.
Even berserker builds might have a chance to actually kill people before they go down with new fresh air! Also signet heal doesnt proc from evasive arcana which makes it even less of a good choice now

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

New Grandmaster trait – Fresh Air: Critical strikes will now recharge Air Attunement. This effect can only occur once every 5 seconds.

Holy Ra! I can see the nerf bat coming miles away. Time to have some fun with S/D while it lasts

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Everything is sunshine and roses here.

Love this patch!

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

You’re right!

Stealth buff, lol.

Seriously? How does that not make the patch notes?!

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

If arcane shield is a stun breaker now, does that mean that the trait Final shielding also works as one?

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

huh… triple arcane builds incoming!

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Blaine Tog.8304

You just…. don’t…. remove a stun breaker from a teleport skill…. That is the main issue of this change. I don’t see why they couldn’t take it from Armor of Earth instead..

Instant teleports are the skills that least need stun breakers. You’ve already made distance from your opponent, distance that is automatically going to let you eat the stun just fine. The Mesmer’s Staff #2 works like this and it’s a fantastic, fantastic skill in spite of the lack of stunbreaker.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Arcane Shield becomming a stunbreaker would definitely make Triple Arcane builds a thing. Very excited for this change.

in Elementalist

Blaine Tog.8304

Arcane Shield becomming a stunbreaker would definitely make Triple Arcane builds a thing. Very excited for this change.

I used to use Arcane Shield to help cover my CE and Meteor Storm channels back when I was leveling. I would love to get back to using it on occasion.

If arcane shield is a stun breaker now, does that mean that the trait Final shielding also works as one?

Probably not. Necros have a similar trait (activates Spectral Armor, which also has a stunbreaker), but it doesn’t to my knowledge break stuns.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

New Grandmaster trait – Fresh Air: Critical strikes will now recharge Air Attunement. This effect can only occur once every 5 seconds.

Holy Ra! I can see the nerf bat coming miles away. Time to have some fun with S/D while it lasts

Can someone explain the Fresh Air trait to me? I don’t get what it means by saying it recharges air attunement…..

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Elementalist

Shar.3402

Air attunement → pew pew → switch fire → crit → oh look, I can switch to air again

that’s what it means

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

GoEP is actually a good skill now if you are trying a condition build as it doesn’t slow you down by 1.25 seconds to cast. The instant-cast is awesome. I guess you can save it for less condition damage if you think you’ll need a stun-break during a fight.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Air attunement -> pew pew -> switch fire -> crit -> oh look, I can switch to air again

that’s what it means

Thanks, that’s what I kind of thought. So the 10sec cooldown or 7 seconds? can’t recall of the top of my head would be null once you get a crit? Interesting..

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

I cannot understand how anyone could think of giving a stun breaker to GoEP.

I have a hard time believing that any of the game balance designers even PLAY this game.

Don’t get me wrong though, some changes are welcome, but still boggles my mind how some balance decisions can make it to live when they don’t make any kitten sense.

I wouldn’t lie to my fellow eles :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mesiphidon.8324

Mesiphidon.8324

Air attunement -> pew pew -> switch fire -> crit -> oh look, I can switch to air again

that’s what it means

Thanks, that’s what I kind of thought. So the 10sec cooldown or 7 seconds? can’t recall of the top of my head would be null once you get a crit? Interesting..

You can basically go into air every 5 seconds if you have a half decent crit rate. I was just testing it out. It’s actually really awesome, but sadly only really useful for scepter.

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

that’s what it means

You can basically go into air every 5 seconds if you have a half decent crit rate. I was just testing it out. It’s actually really awesome, but sadly only really useful for scepter.

Also works for dagger, so you can spam your awesome autoattack again.

Don’t forget that it triggers the arcana minor trait on each attunement swap… so you basically get an extra 2.5 seconds of fury every 5 seconds.

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

The loss of stun breaker from Cleansing Fire to Glyph of Elemental Power is a puzzler.

Cleansing Fire least made some sense. I used it for defense and only when stunned or many conditions.

Glyph of Elementals I had been using whenever entering battle, but now I get to keep it in reserve in case I am stunned? It is now a defensive skill? So, I get stunned, pop it, and go into air, water, and earth attunement for defensive conditions, skills, toughness and healing? Maybe that is what it was for all along but I didn’t know until they just made it crystal clear. Likely as not, it won’t be off cooldown when I really need to use it.

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

The loss of stun breaker from Cleansing Fire to Glyph of Elemental Power is a puzzler.

Cleansing Fire least made some sense. I used it for defense and only when stunned or many conditions.

Glyph of Elementals I had been using whenever entering battle, but now I get to keep it in reserve in case I am stunned? It is now a defensive skill? So, I get stunned, pop it, and go into air, water, and earth attunement for defensive conditions, skills, toughness and healing? Maybe that is what it was for all along but I didn’t know until they just made it crystal clear. Likely as not, it won’t be off cooldown when I really need to use it.

GoEP always worked on the attunement you were on when you activated it

Meaning that, if you activated it on earth, you would get the cripple proc for the entire 30 seconds (even if you switched to other attunements)

And now that the glyph is instant… unless they changed the way it works, it doesn’t really allow you much of a condition choice. If I happen to be in the fire attun. when I get knocked down, I guess I better enjoy some burning chance because I’d be forced to use it!

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

GoEP always worked on the attunement you were on when you activated it

Meaning that, if you activated it on earth, you would get the cripple proc for the entire 30 seconds (even if you switched to other attunements)

And now that the glyph is instant… unless they changed the way it works, it doesn’t really allow you much of a condition choice. If I happen to be in the fire attun. when I get knocked down, I guess I better enjoy some burning chance because I’d be forced to use it!

I guess I read that in the wiki notes and it went right over my head, didn’t register because it made no sense to me at all. They certainly confused me when they said, “Gain a chance for spells to inflict a condition based on your attunement.” and then changed the implication of the description in a footnote.

Thank you for clearing that up Razor. Much appreciated. I owe you for that one. That makes a huge difference in how I plan to use that skill from now on…Proc in Air, AOE weakness with staff’s Meteor Storm, Lava Font etc. holding a bridge in WvW. This opens up alot of other possible uses too. Nice.

And yeah, no attunement swapping while stunned…..and instant.

I seem to recall the wiki it used to say the chance of a proc was 50% in two attunements and 25% in two. Now, it just states a flat 25%.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I got a stun break on sig of air, that was nice, but the 30 second cd without a reduction on cd on another signet breaks my build a little. Has a stun break now though lol, that’s a plus I guess. Gonna be hard to get used to a 30 second blind instead of a 20 second blind.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

I can’t find anything to replace the stun breaker on Cleansing Fire. I play PvE with my staff ele, and run her with my husband’s necro. They make a pretty good pair; not our best, but she is half-way decent.

But Cleansing Fire is key to her build. With the Cantrip trait, it gives her 3 stacks of Might. It does decent AoE buring. It removes 3 conditions. And it broke Stun. This was her only stun removal.

To keep the 3 stacks of Might, I would have to use a different Cantrip, but I don’t see any as good as Cleansing Fire, with or without Break Stun. And if I change to a Glyph, I don’t get the Might from Cantrips.

As some have said in this thread, I guess I’ll run without a stun breaker. Pretty sure that ’s not gonna be pretty.

I could live with reducing the number of conditions it removes easier than taking away the Break Stun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I can’t find anything to replace the stun breaker on Cleansing Fire. I play PvE with my staff ele, and run her with my husband’s necro. They make a pretty good pair; not our best, but she is half-way decent.

But Cleansing Fire is key to her build. With the Cantrip trait, it gives her 3 stacks of Might. It does decent AoE buring. It removes 3 conditions. And it broke Stun. This was her only stun removal.

To keep the 3 stacks of Might, I would have to use a different Cantrip, but I don’t see any as good as Cleansing Fire, with or without Break Stun. And if I change to a Glyph, I don’t get the Might from Cantrips.

As some have said in this thread, I guess I’ll run without a stun breaker. Pretty sure that ’s not gonna be pretty.

I could live with reducing the number of conditions it removes easier than taking away the Break Stun.

Try Arcane Shield (now a stun breaker) + Ether Renewal? Gets you the same effect as the old Cleansing Fire along with brief invulnerability, though without the AoE burn.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Meteor now lasts like 6-7sec, maybe the rest 4-5 sec was fake before as noted in patch notes?

I can confirm that those last few seconds were indeed fake and only a visual effect. That was something I (and probably others as well) had found out and was added to a long list of staff suggestions (which anet may have read seeing all the nice buffs it got ^^). It was probably in other places as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

can someone tell me what is GoEP?
:P

in Elementalist

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

can someone tell me what is GoEP?
:P