[Video] D/D Elementalist Solo/Group Roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

A little over a month ago I made a post here with a few of my roaming videos. The reaction was pretty positive overall so I thought some of you might like to see more. I actually did manage to get a few solo clips in this time. They aren’t brilliant by any means, and I’m clearly not fighting elite players, but it was still fun. Anyway, I hope you enjoy and find this at least a little bit entertaining.

Roaming [Episode 11] | Elementalist | [OHai]

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Very nice video, thanks for sharing!

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

can u link a build?

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

in Elementalist

TakeCare.3182

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

can u link a build?

Sure! The build isn’t really anything the forums haven’t already seen before, but it’s fun.

YouTube channel

(edited by TakeCare.3182)

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

can u link a build?

Sure! The build isn’t really anything the forums haven’t already seen before, but it’s fun.

You do know sigil of blood and sigil of battle share cooldown right? Two sigils with internal cooldowns is generally a waste of a sigil :o

At least it’ll be gone next patch

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

TakeCare.3182

can u link a build?

You do know sigil of blood and sigil of battle share cooldown right? Two sigils with internal cooldowns is generally a waste of a sigil :o

At least it’ll be gone next patch

Really? :O
I was under the impression that only sigils of the same type (i.e. two on-swap sigils) shared cooldowns. That’s both interesting and disappointing. I guess I’ve never noticed because Battle always procs reliably, and that’s really the only sigil that matters to me. I chose Blood as kind of an “in addition to” type of thing. I was tired of running with Force. So silly. In any event, I will likely switch to something like Battle/Hydromancy once the patch hits. I love the on-swap effects. xD

Thank you for that information though. I plugged Accuracy in there for now.

YouTube channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Are you really running soothing disruption or was that a misclick? Seems rather redundant when you have both renewing stamina and elemental attunement for perma vigor and very high uptime regeneration.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phens.3705

Phens.3705

I’m a fan of this build but not some of the traits. I would probably take rock solid to use with ether renewal, it would also free up stone splinters, specially if your already using armor of earth. But I also like geomancers, lemongrass, and melandru runes for some nasty condi reduction. Also as others have stated I would use cantrips reduction, those cds are grossly long. My only thing with this build is you don’t run traveler runes, signet of air or zephyrs speed, and being melee I always thought it be important. I have only ever run this build with traveler runes so I’d like to hear thoughts on that.

in Elementalist

TakeCare.3182

Are you really running soothing disruption or was that a misclick? Seems rather redundant when you have both renewing stamina and elemental attunement for perma vigor and very high uptime regeneration.

Nope, it wasn’t a mistake. This build is made for outnumbered situations. Renewing Stamina provides a lot of vigor, but not quite enough in those types of situations. I tend to draw a lot of focus fire. Things like boon strip and corrupt boon sometimes leave me seconds without vigor, and it throws me off when I’m playing. That’s one less heal, one less blast finisher, or one less blind. However, while that doesn’t necessarily happen all the time, it isn’t uncommon for a 5v10 to quickly turn into a 5v30. Renewing Stamina provides little to no vigor when I am running from those large zergs because I’m not attacking like I would in a normal fight. The extra vigor I get teleporting away or using Armor of Earth has been a life saver when I otherwise wouldn’t be able to turn around to deal damage. In most cases, I’m using the Firey Greatsword and dodging to evade an attack, or blind, or heal. Soothing Disruption is pretty essential in that situation. I’m more focused on getting out of combat in those situations anyway as the back of the group that is chasing me is likely taking advantage of the out of combat speed and I lack adequate swiftness.

^I agree with that. I used to do that, too. But reduced cantrip times is far more useful.

I take Cantrip Mastery and Soothing Disruption.

I’m a fan of this build but not some of the traits. I would probably take rock solid to use with ether renewal, it would also free up stone splinters, specially if your already using armor of earth. But I also like geomancers, lemongrass, and melandru runes for some nasty condi reduction. Also as others have stated I would use cantrips reduction, those cds are grossly long. My only thing with this build is you don’t run traveler runes, signet of air or zephyrs speed, and being melee I always thought it be important. I have only ever run this build with traveler runes so I’d like to hear thoughts on that.

Thanks for sharing!

I really like Rock Solid too. I’ve been playing with it in sPvP and it’s really good (all the stomps are mine >:D). I don’t think I could live without the condition reduction from Geomancer’s Freedom though. I love it when I’m in the middle of a group and they’re all desperately trying to immobilize me. xD

As far as Traveler’s goes, I have been tempted more than once to take them, but I am leery about losing 15% boon duration. I need to test it to see if I could still get 20+ stacks of might without it. It is definitely something to consider though. I am sooo incredibly slow unless I take the time to swap weapons and stack swiftness.

YouTube channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Why would you ever take speedboost runes when you already have permaswiftness?

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Elementalist

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

This is is perfectly showing that d/d is such a fun and dynamic build. d/d was my first toon and I think it’s time to give it some more love.
i hope they dont nerf celestial trinkets/accesories too much

Just noticed you are from Ohai, just like that insanly good necro, you’re not the same person are you =)

in Elementalist

TakeCare.3182

This is is perfectly showing that d/d is such a fun and dynamic build. d/d was my first toon and I think it’s time to give it some more love.
i hope they dont nerf celestial trinkets/accesories too much

Just noticed you are from Ohai, just like that insanly good necro, you’re not the same person are you =)

Thank you, thank you! That is very kind of you.

I am also a little concerned about celestial gear. The whole thing makes me nervous, but I guess in the end, toning down burst in the game can only help my spec just because I do much better against sustained damage. I don’t know. We shall see.

Haha. xD
Marin is my partner in crime. He actually uploaded a new video recently that I think is quite good. I wouldn’t normally link it here because these are the ele forums, but I am in it quite a bit so there is a glimpse of ele play in there. I do tragically make a mistake and die in one of the early clips, but the very last fight shows a lot of good necro/ele play. Anyway, for those interested, that is here.

Thanks again. You are really very nice. I appreciate it.

YouTube channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I come from a engi, and Im still new and learning ele. (Im only lvl51 on my ele)

the 1st thing that puts me off your build is the “lack” of blast finishers but surely I could just run the new heal, anyway would this sort of build work in PvE aswell?

Sarah

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

That spec works well in tpvp btw. ;-)
I’m using fire runes to maximize power, pvt ammy.
Guardians and thieves are still OP damage to it.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

LelouchViBritannia.3607

If you run Ether Renewal in PVP without Rock Solid you’re gonna have a bad time.

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

I found myself rewatching this one twice Would you mind if I share it on the GW2 subreddit? I think a lot of people would enjoy some solid D/D action in there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/ Or you could post it there yourself.

Been through most of your previous episodes as well, you just have a very enjoyable playstyle. Always kiting and showing a good balance between outnumbered fights and skillful opponents. Keep making em :-)

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

You are quick enough to play D/D nicely but it seems you do not use all your moves to full capacity.3 in particular

1)Air 2.So usefull when playing against warriors/guardians specialy in solo situations where you want a bit more dmg.I think you never used it in the vid

2)Magnetic Grasp-Fire field→Fire Aura for more might and to catch fleeing foes.Very nice if you are prepared to take some hits in order to land a much bigger burst

3)Churning Earth.When playing with a group in WvW and you are not focused a churning earth from behind to unsuspecting foes will most probably destroy them.Works as a nice feint in 1vs1 as well.

What program are you using to record?

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

TakeCare.3182

the 1st thing that puts me off your build is the “lack” of blast finishers but surely I could just run the new heal, anyway would this sort of build work in PvE aswell?

Oh, believe me, I understand. I play engineer as well, and the amount of blasts you have with the right kits is amazing. However, this build has all the blast finishers it needs. On the offhand dagger, you have two blasts in Earth (Earthquake and Churning Earth), and you have another blast every time you dodge roll in Earth thanks to Evasive Arcana. According to the recent Ready Up stream, D/D is also getting a new blast finisher in Water with Frozen Burst. In most cases, I can get 20+ stacks of might just swapping attunements and blasting my own fields. Of course, like you said, there is always the option of taking the new heal (or perhaps dropping a cantrip), but this build lacks condition removal without Ether Renewal, so I wouldn’t recommend taking anything else, but it is definitely possible, and if you can make it work, that’s great!

I use this spec in PvE, and it works just fine. However, it is built for WvW, so I’m sure there are more effective ways of using an ele in PvE.

I found myself rewatching this one twice Would you mind if I share it on the GW2 subreddit? I think a lot of people would enjoy some solid D/D action in there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/ Or you could post it there yourself.

Been through most of your previous episodes as well, you just have a very enjoyable playstyle. Always kiting and showing a good balance between outnumbered fights and skillful opponents. Keep making em :-)

That would be great, if you want to! I will have to make an account and see how that whole thing works. It sounds like it could be fun.

Thank you very much for the compliments! That’s so nice. xD

You are quick enough to play D/D nicely but it seems you do not use all your moves to full capacity.3 in particular

1)Air 2.So usefull when playing against warriors/guardians specialy in solo situations where you want a bit more dmg.I think you never used it in the vid

2)Magnetic Grasp-Fire field->Fire Aura for more might and to catch fleeing foes.Very nice if you are prepared to take some hits in order to land a much bigger burst

3)Churning Earth.When playing with a group in WvW and you are not focused a churning earth from behind to unsuspecting foes will most probably destroy them.Works as a nice feint in 1vs1 as well.

What program are you using to record?

Thank you for the feedback! Yes, I definitely have a lot to work on, for sure. I try to reserve Air #2 for really high burst targets like thieves, but sometimes I forget to add it in there for other targets as well. I will try using the Fire Aura trick. My main problem is that the first thing I do when I swap to Earth is stack might, and the fire fields don’t always last long enough, but I might be able to sneak that in there. Magnetic Grasp has such a short CD, it’d be silly not to try.

I am using Bandicam.

YouTube channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

after the patch, traveler runes seem to be even better:
Disadvantage:
- 15% boon duration
Advantage:
+6% Crt DMG
+20 to all stats.

Instead of Acuracy Sigil you could also take generosity

in Elementalist

TakeCare.3182

after the patch, traveler runes seem to be even better:
Disadvantage:
- 15% boon duration
Advantage:
+6% Crt DMG
+20 to all stats.

Instead of Acuracy Sigil you could also take generosity

Another concern I have about Traveler’s would be the loss in -10% condi duration. I would have to see how roots and slows were without that extra -10% before I could really sell myself on it. However, I do get tired of moving at a glacial pace when I have to run across the map.

YouTube channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Personaly i try to use magnetic grasp with burning speed to build might at te start of the fight.Its easy if the enemy tries to avoid burning speed going backwards(they usualy do) but more experienced enemies will usually go forward and then its difficult to land magnetic grasp.

Anyway if you use boon duration sigil of battle you can stack so much might,but you have to keep it together so as not to let the enemy mess your rotation.Ofc the regular combo that gives you 13 stacks is more than enough.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Thanks for uploading this! This highlights what I have explained to a few different people. If you run 20 water and 30 arcana minimum there isn’t going to be that much of a difference in damage.

his build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmkbwx5wjDAEFucyQRIbUekzM2A-jUCBYgBkEBgIAMBqIaslRht6KalXBRVjIqWbDTGAmxA-w

1696 Power
36% crit chance (prefury)
34 critical damage.

Watch this video look at his lightning whip damage and then see if the numbers are that much different then yours. With the upcoming change to ferocity the gap between knights and zerker is closer. I love 20 water 30 arcana D/D I accept what it is and don’t imagine that it is something that it isn’t.

Good music and vid!

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: TundraQualle.8204

TundraQualle.8204

Hey TakeCare,

impressive gameplay footage. I am curious about your keybinds for weapon and utility skills. Can you explain to what keys you bound them?

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

If you run Ether Renewal in PVP without Rock Solid you’re gonna have a bad time.

This is my current tpvp build for D/D: 0/0/20/20/30

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

TakeCare.3182

I’m flattered! That was very nice of you.

Hey TakeCare,

impressive gameplay footage. I am curious about your keybinds for weapon and utility skills. Can you explain to what keys you bound them?

Thanks! I have been playing with the Razer Naga for a while now and it has made keybinding so much easier. I use 1-4 on the keyboard for my attunements and 1-10 on the mouse for my weapon and utility skills. Before I had the mouse, I somehow used the default keybinds, though I wouldn’t dream of playing that way now. xD

YouTube channel

in Elementalist

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Default keybinds are bad, M’kay?
WSAD is bad. EDSF is superior in every way

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joe.4178

Joe.4178

Great vid, enjoying yours and marin’s vids as always. Keep them coming please ty

-tM- Trillmatic
NSP Colorful Charr Engineer & Mesmer: Bamf Joe
WvW Outnumbered: https://www.youtube.com/BamfJoe0425

in Elementalist

TakeCare.3182

Great vid, enjoying yours and marin’s vids as always. Keep them coming please ty

Thank you

YouTube channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Hey Take, could you stop using copywrited music? YouTube keeps blocking your videos on the mobile app because of it. :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kayzi.9752

Kayzi.9752

Awesome video Miss Caliber! Always enjoy watching you play Loved the music too

Stalagta Team Faded – tM
NSP!

in Elementalist

TakeCare.3182

Awesome video Miss Caliber! Always enjoy watching you play Loved the music too