[Video] Dagger Focus Celementalist montage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Diva.1476

Diva.1476

Nothing special just some team fights footage of me playing D/F ele. The sustain is great and so is the damage!! I’m soo loving it more than before!

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zkHQ0oxWrM&feature=youtu.be

Feel free to ask questions or give your constructive feedback.

EDIT: Points to remember —:

NOTE: Proper Might Stacking rotations for D/F Elementalist should be:

Fire#3, Fire#2, Fire#4, Water#3, Water#2 (if needed), earth dodgeroll (if needed), earth #3, earth#2, earth#3 again (to cancel the aftercast of earth#2), air, Repeat!

Be sure to be able to do all of this without the firefield expiring. Also, do not fossilize on this rotation, but this is the order you should rotate your attunements. Also, Earth#4 should be used more for condi cleanse or reflection than might stacking.

(edited by Diva.1476)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Love it!

/15chars -_-

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Posted by: gaurav.7340

gaurav.7340

Great video, Diva!! makes me wanna play D/F now! It looks so solid

in Elementalist

Diva.1476

Thank you guys lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Thank you guys lol

You’re welcome! Diva, what server are you on?

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Diva.1476

Thank you guys lol

You’re welcome! Diva, what server are you on?

I played for long enough on NA (Tarnished Coast) now I joined on EU (Vabbi), found a good pvp team there to play along. HBU

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Welcome to Vabbi Diva. I am there too :-).

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It looks like swirling wind blocks channels now I don’t think it did before that’s really a game changer for me. Need to test this later

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

What is your opinion on the strengths of d/f vs d/d, from both WvW and a PvP perspective?

in Elementalist

Diva.1476

Welcome to Vabbi Diva. I am there too :-).

Thank you and good to know but I’m hardly doing WvW lately so server doesn’t really matter for now hehe

in Elementalist

Diva.1476

What is your opinion on the strengths of d/f vs d/d, from both WvW and a PvP perspective?

Well in most cases, offhand dagger will work out better, especially for PvE, however, D/F is much more standard for high-end PvE (high level fractals for ex.) Focus is generally only useful in PvE where you need the defensive ability or the particular encounter, such as projectile absorption on some fractal bosses.

As for PvP and WvW, both can be nice choices, so it might just end up depending on personal preference. I always go through this loop where I’ll use offhand dagger and wish I had focus equipped, then I’ll equip the focus and wish I had offhand dagger equipped. The only difference between D/D and D/F is – the extra mobility of offhand dagger is useful, but the damage difference is minimal (air auto-attack is still the best source of damage) and the extra survivability from things like Obsidian Flesh and Swirling Winds is substantial. So my opinion would be to use whatever you feel more useful for the situation or by looking at your enemy team comp in PvP, for example having mesmers and thiefs on enemy team, I would definitely switch to D/F, it is better against ranged enemies as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I played all day yesterday with D/F appreciated it a little more. It’s a patient reactionary weapon, which I’ll be using more today.

I pray to Dwayna that they change/buff fire 4. I just can’t get jiggy with fire 4 or at least if it must stay as it is reduce the cast time to almost instant.

I think the damage difference from off-hand dagger is more than you realize. Fire Grab and Ring of fire do a lot of damage and no other off hand focus skill comes close to that damage. Lets say you pull a 5k fire grab and a 3k ring of Fire so 8k total damage you have to make up with lightning whip spam or whatever else. That’s a much longer fight if everyone is 15k-20k health accounting for one heal to get activated. Lightning Rod does help a little.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

The more I play with the two of them, the more I appreciate the nuances between them. When playing one, I miss the other. Very satisfying to be good with both.

in Elementalist

Diva.1476

By the way, have you guys tried using arcane power with the arcane crit trait and 33% to burn in fire? Hit arcane power and drakes breath and it gives 10 stacks of burning instantly. Also, it’s even more amazing when you use Arcane wave also for an extra burning stack,,,,,, I could reach 12-13 stacks by doing this all :-))

in Elementalist

Posted by: mastergreki.8017

mastergreki.8017

By the way, have you guys tried using arcane power with the arcane crit trait and 33% to burn in fire? Hit arcane power and drakes breath and it gives 10 stacks of burning instantly. Also, it’s even more amazing when you use Arcane wave also for an extra burning stack,,,,,, I could reach 12-13 stacks by doing this all :-))

I’m running that build D/F with arcane power, glyph of elemental power and arcane trait. Huge burning power, less longevity than yours. Its very situational. It can level the field if you arrive on a big brawl. I pop glyph and arcane, drop flamewall in middle, pop fire shield, hurl w/ burningspeed in there then drakes breath and its just a mess :p

A very fun build but stay away from 1v2s :p

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I killed a D/F ele on my condi ranger one time. It was fun.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash